Future Community Meeting in September

Zakspeeeed(OD)

With Lightning gone (in some capacity as he's still hosting DnD sessions occasionally), and community meetings having not taken place since May, I figured it's time for someone to step in and continue the tradition. So I'll give it a shot.

I don't know what a Community Meeting really consists of, other than people of any division and rank come together and just talk about the clan. I've only attended one, and it was for a brief time and it was awhile ago. So I'm going to give myself some time to really prepare a goal in mind for what the meetings should be but I might host a more informal meeting on the 21st. I'll give an update on whether or not I can make that soon (within the next few days) and communicate it in the Community Chat most likely.

It will still be hosted on a Saturday, before an Admin Meeting. That way any concerns brought up within the Community Meeting can be addressed in the Admin Meeting, fresh in the mind of participants of both.

I'll have a recording account ready to go, similar to CompFreak's Meeting Recorder.

I would appreciate any advice on what I could improve from previous meetings outside of what I can gleam from meeting recordings already done.

• Like 1

I too have been long absent from the community meetings, but am glad to see someone stepping up to take over the responsibility.  

5 hours ago, Zakspeeeed(OD) said:

I would appreciate any advice on what I could improve from previous meetings outside of what I can gleam from meeting recordings already done.

My only suggestion/advice, is to show up early, and have at least one helper to make sure everything you intend to have going, is in fact going properly.  I would offer to be your helper this coming Saturday, but my heart is still giving me problems, although thank goodness, not on an everyday basis.  What time would you be looking to have help for the meeting?

Wonderful Zak!  Community meetings while not overly attended by most members, will build up a following.  I know that the more regularly they are held and the more they are publicized you will draw bigger crowds.  My only advice is not to make it too structured, but allow the freedom to brainstorm ideas.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Wonderful Zak!  Community meetings while not overly attended by most members, will build up a following.  I know that the more regularly they are held and the more they are publicized you will draw bigger crowds.  My only advice is not to make it too structured, but allow the freedom to brainstorm ideas.  

I’ve learned from the Officer Meetings. Too much structure makes things far more complicated than they needed to be.

Simply being courteous and allowing people to speak would do best in this setting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Chanter(OD) said:

I would offer to be your helper this coming Saturday, but my heart is still giving me problems, although thank goodness, not on an everyday basis.  What time would you be looking to have help for the meeting?

It’s okay. I think I’ll do it solo Saturday to figure out all that I need for a proper meeting in September. After that, I am definitely open to help so that things are efficient.

Meetings will likely be hosted around 6-7 PM CST.

Edited by Zakspeeeed(OD)
  • Like 1

From my experience in hosting them in the long past. The best method was to just treat them like a town hall open forum. There may be a few topics up for discussion. But it's mostly there so the community can be heard. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zakspeeeed(OD) said:

It’s okay. I think I’ll do it solo Saturday to figure out all that I need for a proper meeting in September. After that, I am definitely open to help so that things are efficient.

Meetings will likely be hosted around 6-7 PM CST.

Ok, that works.  I would like to hook up with you whenever you have a moment and I'm actually online though, if your interested, just so I can be brought up to speed.  I used to post here quite a bit, but like you said in the discord, most folks don't use these forums much these days.  My hope is not to be someone that you can depend on for needed things, but rather something a bit less, and more along the lines of "Someone that knows what is needed, but not the go to guy himself, but rather another set of fingers at the keyboard kind of thing, just in case".

I cannot predict if I'll be up and around on any given day, but I would like to at least be something a tiny bit above useless, lol.

I won't be able to make it tonight as I work, but just wabt to remind peeps that social media team is recruiting active members for content posting on Facebook/Twitter. Shoot me a DM here or on Discord 🙂

• Like 1

If they are hosted on saturdays. Thats a bit of a challenge for me. I have my 5 yr old on the weekends. If it was a littler later it may be more doable for me... But thats just me lol.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:14 PM, Uchiha(OD) said:

If they are hosted on saturdays. Thats a bit of a challenge for me. I have my 5 yr old on the weekends. If it was a littler later it may be more doable for me... But thats just me lol.

How late? Like 8CST or 9CST?

8 or 9 CST for me would be more doable. My son is normally winding down for the night and relaxing. I like to try and keep him active as much as possible when I have him. Can't commit to make every single one of them. But Def would be able to make majority of them at that time. I would be able to make more of the 9 CST vs 8 CST but would be able to make a good amount of the 8 CST especially with fall and winter coming into play.

Edited by Uchiha(OD)

9 CST is pretty good for me. A little late, but surely should get many members on. No one should be working or doing much of anything at that time, so I think it's a great time.

I'll get to making the thread now.

• Like 1