A hard decision.

Hello everyone, as many of you know I have taken a IA from OD. The reason I took this IA was because of my mental health and I was in the process of healing. During this time I thought about OD, and at this point I think OD is not the place for me. The politics of OD has caused me alot of stress as of late as well, and I have gotten into a mindset of my work in OD was becoming my Identity in a harmful way. My time in IA has been great to get away, but I had to considered if I wanted to come back. My mental health has to take priority and so I sadly have to take my leave. All of you have been great and thank you for everything, and I am still going to talk to many of you for a long tims hopefully. 

Lightning, I very much respect you putting the well-being of yourself and your loved ones first, and I wish you all the best on this next chapter of your life. It was great working with/learning from you over this past year, and your Killing Floor 2 community events were good fun (especially that Survival Endless Hard one where we made it to Wave 62 over 5 hours). It has and continues to be nice getting to know you; I look forward to keeping in touch. 🙂

• Hug 1

I think just about everyone here will miss you. I certainly will. It's rare to see people these days who truly care about clanning like you do. I wish you luck in the future, and hope that your mental health improves over time.

• Hug 1

Matt my friend. Your loss from community is indeed sad. But you know above all I value your health including mental health. I'm glad you're doing what's  best for you. 

We'll always be here for you. 

We'll give you the standard time after one of these posts to change your mind. 

If there's a specific person you want to disable you. Let us know. 

• Hug 1

Matt,

Sorry to see you go, but glad you are doing what is best for you.  Mental health is hard to tackle.  Sometimes you have to take a step back and through process of elimination figure out the major contributors.  I am saddened that O.D. politics is a factor...but I can see how it gets that way at times.  We will miss you dropping in our channels with random conversations and colorful pics of tarantulas.  Hopefully things will get better, sooner.  And never hesitate to drop by just to chat on Discord.

• Hug 1

Lightning,

I'm sad to see you go. You were always fun to talk to when you stopped into the channel and you always had a unique spark. I'm sad to see you leave again. 😞 

That said, your personal mental health are the ultimate concern so it's good to see you taking that into account. I hope you continue to foster a positive environment for your own mental health. That's always extremely important.

I hope your path is always fruitful for you. Be sure to stop around sometime to keep up to date on everything and hang out with everyone. Best of luck in your future buddy!

• Hug 1

As we spoke privately, I am also saddened to see you leave us again. However, what's most important is that you take care of you before you can try to help others. I wish you well looking towards the future, and don't be a stranger around here! 😉

• Hug 1

• 1 month later...