Pokemon Squad Interest Gauge

HI EVERYONE!

I know I have been absent as of late. The reason has been a combination of work responsibilities (I was recently promoted to North American Director of Support and Customer Relations) and being diagnosed with Stage 1 Brain Cancer. I have been able to process this and am ready to return with my previous vigor!

In this vain I am looking to gauge interest in creating a squad that would be for all things Pokemon. This includes PokeMMO, Pokemon Sword and Shield, the two new pokemon games, Pokemon Go, Pokemon TTRPG (pending Lightning's input), and the trading card game.

If you or someone you know in OD would be interested in this being a squad please let me know!

Sincerely,

Your Friendly Neighborhood SalinePandora

Edited by SalinePandora(OD)

I'm interested 😄 Been looking for some raiding buddies on Shield for some time.. and Duncan & I play PokeGo often.

I could potentially get Flapjak involved again. Him and I play on a Pixelmon server together currently (pokemon + minecraft basically).

• Upvote 1

Spitballing, here... but how complicated could it be to set up / rent a personal server for the PokeMMO?

I'm certainly not one for PvP first and foremost - which means I gravitate to collaborative servers rather than combative. Always have done. 

51 minutes ago, Geordie(OD) said:

Spitballing, here... but how complicated could it be to set up / rent a personal server for the PokeMMO?

I'm certainly not one for PvP first and foremost - which means I gravitate to collaborative servers rather than combative. Always have done. 

Not currently possible to host private servers. 

3 hours ago, Geordie(OD) said:

We could also set up a team with just OD members to help with privacy and not needing to deal with Randos as much

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SalinePandora(OD) said:

We could also set up a team with just OD members to help with privacy and not needing to deal with Randos as much

If we did this, I might be persuaded to give it a go.

If you really want to get something going just recruit a bunch of elite players (12 year olds) on Pokemon Showdown.

I don’t know what I’ll play to support this squad but I’ll keep watch to see where people go to. Loved the GBA/DS games back in the day, not opposed to giving it another go.

The TCG would be an excellent option as I think you can play online.

Edited by Zakspeeeed(OD)