June Forum Update

So a new forum update came out that we've recently upgraded to, and with it came a couple new features. It also erased all our custom ranks, so... thanks IPBama.

Instead it has introduced this new point-based system, which we all get to start out as Newbie with. As you earn points your forum rank goes up. Points are earned as follows:

10 points per topic created

5 points per reply created

2 points for each person that follows your topic

2 points for each person that follows you

1 point for giving a reaction

1 point for receiving a reaction

Points can also be awarded manually by administrators (selecting the dotted button at the top-right corner of their post) to a maximum amount per day. Moderators can't award points but they can "recommend" a post for awards which will notify admins about it. (There is a recommend button instead of a reward button in the same place)

Aside from points there are now "badges" as well. Think of them as like the Steam Achievements of the forum. If you fulfill certain conditions then you get a badge, which is then displayed in your profile. Most badges are awarded automatically but some have to be awarded manually by admins. (Again, Moderators can recommend) Unlike points these were largely awarded retroactively, so most of you probably have some.

We have full customizable control over these new rewards. We can change their values, conditions, or images. We can even create our own as well, if we decide we want more, with a surprising amount of flexibility when it comes to conditions. For example we can create a custom badge given to someone for joining a specific club, marking them as a member of that club.

Hopefully it gives a couple fresh experiences to the forum that you guys will enjoy, although try not to get too carried away. If you end up posting a bunch of pointless spam just to earn free points then I'm gonna subtract points from you instead, so keep it meaningful!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Terra featured this topic

Haha I love being a newbie!  You didn't say what the other titles are?  What title do I aim for?  Is there a purple one? lmao  gib more details  So I found this ... and yes, there is a purple badge rofl

badges.jpg.42de51ae5a9d134014b28060c6150705.jpg

Edited by Purplez(OD)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Haha I love being a newbie!  You didn't say what the other titles are?  What title do I aim for?  Is there a purple one? lmao  gib more details  So I found this ... and yes, there is a purple badge rofl

badges.jpg.42de51ae5a9d134014b28060c6150705.jpg

Here is a list of the badges that are currently in the system.

image.png

We can create more badges for users to attain, and they're set up to be automatically granted after accomplishing a goal of some kind. For instance, the obvious ones, the year badge is granted after having been on the forums for a year and making a post after the year mark. Others are received such as receiving reactions or giving reactions.

There are currently 14 ranks that a member can attain, with each progressively becoming harder and harder to attain (13,000 for the last one for instance).

Also:

4 hours ago, Terra said:

It also erased all our custom ranks, so... thanks IPBama.

This is incorrect, but it's not really as prevalent anymore. You can see your total reputation by going to your profile. It's also officially been renamed to be called Reputation. It still goes up with people reacting to your posts and works the same way.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, R.agnarok(OD) said:

Oh my, I'm going to be a newbie for years lol.

Just post meaningful stuff and your peers might award you awesome sauce points. 😛

Odd.. apparently I can't react any way but thumbs up.. I'll have to look into that later.

4 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

This is incorrect, but it's not really as prevalent anymore. You can see your total reputation by going to your profile. It's also officially been renamed to be called Reputation. It still goes up with people reacting to your posts and works the same way.

What does reputation have to do with custom ranks? ^_-

6 minutes ago, Terra said:

What does reputation have to do with custom ranks? ^_-

Oh I see what you meant. I thought you were talking about the reputation under our avatars. Now it makes sense. Nevermind then. xD

• Commanders
1 hour ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Just post meaningful stuff and your peers might award you awesome sauce points. 😛

And that's why I said I'm going to be newbie for years. =p

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terra said:

Yeah, not a fan of how they removed the rep points either from your post display, though maybe that's just my vanity talking.

Terra embracing Vanity? Noooooooooooooo.

image.gif.3754e22b084a8b62ecdb734430eeb0a0.gif

What you think this is, Reddit? Give me my Karma points! Hahaha,

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JD(OD) said:

Terra embracing Vanity? Noooooooooooooo.

image.gif.3754e22b084a8b62ecdb734430eeb0a0.gif

OMG Terra embracing her Vanity? You mean she hasn't been doing that for the past 5 years? We're totally screwed now...

• Laugh 1

21 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

I have created a custom badge and have awarded it to the two members who have qualified. Congrats @SnowWhite and @f0xX(OD) for having over 9000 posts. 

19C93DBC-8CCE-440A-9E60-CDE99CB0764C.png

Did you create a rule so that it automatically awards it for future qualifiers?

Cute. Although there is definitely some room there to spruce up the clan forum a bit if there was a dedicated group of people willing to put together ideas to make it happen.

On 6/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, Aerineth(OD) said:

Did you create a rule so that it automatically awards it for future qualifiers?

I didn’t see a picture place to do that. Thankfully, no one hits 9,000 posts every day. In fact, it would take Terra five posts a day for a year to hit it. 

On 6/27/2021 at 9:04 AM, Badboi(OD) said:

I didn’t see a picture place to do that. Thankfully, no one hits 9,000 posts every day. In fact, it would take Terra five posts a day for a year to hit it. 

It's in the Rules at the top of the achievements section.

I have created a rule that will grant this badge on a user's 9,001st post. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...