Posted (edited)

I have a couple of suggestions for the Discord team which may or may not have merit.  Just throwing the ideas out there.  Most of it seems to be making sure the info is easily found on both Discord and the forum.

1.  The top portion of Discord, there should be a "Discord Guides" channel with links to guides already made and found here on the forum, such as how to link your Clan account to Discord.

2.  A link to the post here on the forum of who is on the Discord Team where everybody's role is laid out should be included.

3.  I know that at one point Lightningwolves and Blind were working on a Discord recruiting guide, but one with pictures and easy explanations would make the mystery so much easier to link to new recruiters, etc.  Our Clan depends on recruiting and it's tough to push it through Discord w/o a guide.  Also, the guide should include "the work around" if the new member doesn't have Discord so they can be recruited the old way.  

4.  Old "pinned" topics under the Discord part of the forum should be reviewed and either rewritten for today's standards and re-posted or rework the ones that are pinned.

5.  A how to guide on how to create a poll with step by step instructions, possibly pictures.  I love pictures LOL

6.  A how to record on Discord.  Poor Comp is I think the only one who has the process down, but we all should know how to do it.  Again, step by step procedures would be helpful.

7.  There should be a @discord team on the forum so I could tag all of you lol.

On a side note, I for one am not known for my technical skills.  I can get around easily once shown something, however, it is a mystery to me why my roles and abilities as a general seem to disappear from time to time.  I tried to move Snickers up to the D2 office last night for a chat, and was unable to move him.  I most definitely did not touch my permissions so why couldn't I?

Edited by Purplez(OD)
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Hi @Purplez(OD),

Actually these are good suggestions and we have something in the works already! 🙂 

Re: 1, 3, I am actually working on a massive Discord overhaul proposal. Part of that proposal to to loop the Tech Support Squad up under the welcome channels and create a discord support and moderation area where issues, questions, and community violation reports can go. \

Re: 7 We have a discord team role, @discord team. Anyone can ping us all. We can create a forum role that does this.

Re: 2, 5, 6 We have a forum post with this info and can link it to a FAQ section in the discord support and moderation area that I am working on getting created via that overall proposal.

Re: 4 We can rewrite those as needed, are there any in particular that you think need updating?

image.thumb.png.71fc5826226e1c1f5b925588e16ea455.png

Here is an example of how we have this set up for testing.

Sincerely, 

Saline

Edited by SalinePandora(OD)
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SalinePandora(OD) said:

Hi @Purplez(OD),

Actually these are good suggestions and we have something in the works already! 🙂 

Re: 1, 3, I am actually working on a massive Discord overhaul proposal. Part of that proposal to to loop the Tech Support Squad up under the welcome channels and create a discord support and moderation area where issues, questions, and community violation reports can go. \

Re: 7 We have a discord team role, @discord team. Anyone can ping us all. We can create a forum role that does this.

Re: 2, 5, 6 We have a forum post with this info and can link it to a FAQ section in the discord support and moderation area that I am working on getting created via that overall proposal.

Re: 4 We can rewrite those as needed, are there any in particular that you think need updating?

image.thumb.png.71fc5826226e1c1f5b925588e16ea455.png

Here is an example of how we have this set up for testing.

Sincerely, 

Saline

I was thinking of these two in particular:  Discord Guides - Discord - Overdosed Community Forums  Official Overdosed Discord Server - Discord - Overdosed Community Forums and perhaps this one Discord Rules - Discord - Overdosed Community Forums

P.S. My permissions to move members has returned, so somebody fixed it again.  Thanks.

Edited by Purplez(OD)