• CompFreak(OD) changed the title to Compfreak's 6.5th - April 2021

Very tough decision made with intelligence and grace!  Just what I would expect of an up and coming Commander.  <3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Very tough decision made with intelligence and grace!  Just what I would expect of an up and coming Commander.  ❤️

Thanks @Purplez(OD)! (did you notice I added the purple font color? lol 😁

Just now, CompFreak(OD) said:

Thanks @Purplez(OD)! (did you notice I added the purple font color? lol 😁

I always notice that!

• Haha 1

Dang, and I had all my questions lined up 🙂  But, honestly, I look forward to that eval, Dennis.  I think you are Commander material.  And I hadn't noticed a shortage of spreadsheets during this tax season.

Edited by RadarRick(OD)
punctuation/grammar
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RadarRick(OD) said:

Dang, and I had all my questions lined up 🙂  But, honestly, I look forward to that eval, Dennis.  I think you are Commander material.  And I hadn't noticed a shortage of spreadsheets during this tax season.

Thanks for your support, and if you had those questions lined up, as I stated in the OP, I welcome them, and would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have (although tax season is still in full swing, I've been able to go home when it's still light outside for the past 2 days so far this year! lmao).

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

I was just messing around.  I'll save my questions for the real deal.

• Think 1

This was Very Brave And Uh--Mazing for you to do!

Because i know you Deserve it! And should have already

been at that Rank... But i will save the questions for you for the

real deal like Radar said.

You know i will always have you back and my vote on anything!

Love Ya Comp!

• Thanks 1

Eloquently said comp often times we bite off more than we can chew so to speak and it isn't easy to turn away something tempting that you have worked extremely hard for and put in a great deal of effort. But it definitely shows that you aren't taking the decision lightly and your action follow suite with your words. Thank you for your honesty and transparency. Best of luck next go round. 🙂 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to the coming month(s) when I can say with 100% confidence that I have done the next rank justice, ready to become OD's newest Commander. :thumbsup:

This is a giant statement man, Not allowing pride to get in the way of judgement is a quality I have much respect for. True power is restraint ~ Warren Buffet.

Thanks for posting and good luck with the tax season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, RadarRick(OD) said:

I was just messing around.  I'll save my questions for the real deal.

Fair enough man 😉.

13 hours ago, Redvaine(OD) said:

This was Very Brave And Uh--Mazing for you to do!

Because i know you Deserve it! And should have already

been at that Rank... But i will save the questions for you for the

real deal like Radar said.

You know i will always have you back and my vote on anything!

Love Ya Comp!

Much appreciate the love & support Ash! Looking forward to the questions~ 🙂 

11 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Eloquently said comp often times we bite off more than we can chew so to speak and it isn't easy to turn away something tempting that you have worked extremely hard for and put in a great deal of effort. But it definitely shows that you aren't taking the decision lightly and your action follow suite with your words. Thank you for your honesty and transparency. Best of luck next go round. 🙂 

Indeed it was a very difficult decision for me to make, but in an effort to maintain the highest standards of OD's highest rank, I feel like my work over the past 3 months might have been enough to retain the rank of Commander if I had been one already, but I just don't feel it's been quite enough to get there this go around. Thanks for the support Shon! :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, MineNotYour(OD) said:

This is a giant statement man, Not allowing pride to get in the way of judgement is a quality I have much respect for. True power is restraint ~ Warren Buffet.

Thanks for posting and good luck with the tax season.

Thanks for the kind words and support man! That Warren Buffet guy is certainly one smart dude... 😉 

• Upvote 1

Kudos to you, Compfreak. I honestly felt this evaluation was a bit unfair to you, as you really were gone for most of these last three months due to tax season. I don't really see that as being a balance problem, that's just kind of the reality of your work, but it does make it a bit hard to evaluate you again when there really isn't any difference since your last performance. Although the spreadsheet you did on DSL was really well done, and it was good of you to put in the time to do that for us despite being so busy at work.

I do anticipate that you will reach the Commander rank at some point in the not-too-distant future, but I would not have been able to support you for this evaluation without being unfaithful to my original reasons for holding you back in January. However, the fact that you recognized and respected your inability to progress the last few months due to work, and didn't try and take this second eval as a free retry, shows that you have taken the points made in your last evaluation seriously and actually makes me feel a lot more assured about the prospects of you becoming a Commander. It was the correct decision, and a respectable one.

I will use your topic here to elaborate more on what it is that I'm looking for in your performance before granting my approval for Commander rank, so that we can at least make something productive out of this. But I'm going to save that for a little later in the month.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Terra said:

I would not have been able to support you for this evaluation without being unfaithful to my original reasons for holding you back in January.

Maybe this is a great time to reflect for those who nominate leaders who haven’t been able to time to show the performance improvement necessary for the promotion that they’ve nominated the person to.

Comp, I think you should’ve gotten your fifth star last time and there was nothing that has changed my mind this time. In fact, I’ve been able to squeeze out about 10-20 hours from you in the past three months for strategic planning spreadsheets that will benefit the community. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, LightningWolves(OD) said:

I believe you are making the best choice in this case, but I still have a question for you.

Questions.

1. How have you felt you improved since last time.

Thank you for the question Matt, but it is exactly for the reason that I don't feel like I've improved enough since my last eval, that I am declining this opportunity for a promotion... Like I said, I think that I've been able to maintain the standards of the 4-star rank over these past 3 months, but because I haven't been able to improve and address some of the concerns brought forward last time, I do not feel that I should be up for a promotion at this time. Thank you for the question!

12 hours ago, Terra said:

Kudos to you, Compfreak. I honestly felt this evaluation was a bit unfair to you, as you really were gone for most of these last three months due to tax season. I don't really see that as being a balance problem, that's just kind of the reality of your work, but it does make it a bit hard to evaluate you again when there really isn't any difference since your last performance. Although the spreadsheet you did on DSL was really well done, and it was good of you to put in the time to do that for us despite being so busy at work.

I do anticipate that you will reach the Commander rank at some point in the not-too-distant future, but I would not have been able to support you for this evaluation without being unfaithful to my original reasons for holding you back in January. However, the fact that you recognized and respected your inability to progress the last few months due to work, and didn't try and take this second eval as a free retry, shows that you have taken the points made in your last evaluation seriously and actually makes me feel a lot more assured about the prospects of you becoming a Commander. It was the correct decision, and a respectable one.

I will use your topic here to elaborate more on what it is that I'm looking for in your performance before granting my approval for Commander rank, so that we can at least make something productive out of this. But I'm going to save that for a little later in the month.

I appreciate your perspective Terra, and thank you for taking the time to post here! I look forward to any further insights you may have, so that I can do better for the community!

30 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

Maybe this is a great time to reflect for those who nominate leaders who haven’t been able to time to show the performance improvement necessary for the promotion that they’ve nominated the person to.

Comp, I think you should’ve gotten your fifth star last time and there was nothing that has changed my mind this time. In fact, I’ve been able to squeeze out about 10-20 hours from you in the past three months for strategic planning spreadsheets that will benefit the community. 

Indeed we have spent quite a few hours on that project together haven't we Frank... As many hours that I've put into it, you have also, and I thank you for taking the time to work on that analysis with me.  I look forward to seeing how we can leverage it in order to help better the community together! Albeit a limited amount of time, I thank you for your support and guidance these past few months!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commanders
On 3/31/2021 at 12:48 PM, CompFreak(OD) said:

Again, I would like to thank those that have re-nominated me for a promotion to Commander during the busiest time of year for me, but I must respectfully decline the opportunity for a promotion to Commander right now. That said, I still welcome and invite anyone to post any comments / questions / additional areas for improvement that they may have for me, that may not have been addressed during my last evaluation, despite knowing any potential promotion from this evaluation is impossible.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to the coming month(s) when I can say with 100% confidence that I have done the next rank justice, ready to become OD's newest Commander. :thumbsup:

Humility and honesty sure give you props in my book. I usually expect nominations for Commander to be 100% clean, this means with the full support of their peers, and with full confidence from the nominee. Looking forward to when that time comes.

• Thanks 1

CompFreak, I haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know ya yet. I have quickly learned your love of data and spreadsheets as long as it is not one of @Purplez(OD) 'spreadsheets'.

I find your dedication and time you invest to generating these reports to be admirable. It is not easy maintaining documentation and going through our logs to get that documentation so kudos to you.

I am also very impressed with your decision to decline this evaluation for promotion as you recognized your real life was quite busy. That shows humility and deserves respect.

I look forward to when you are next put up for an evaluation at which time I'm sure you will get that 5th and final star.

• Thanks 1
On 4/14/2021 at 4:57 PM, R.agnarok(OD) said:

Humility and honesty sure give you props in my book. I usually expect nominations for Commander to be 100% clean, this means with the full support of their peers, and with full confidence from the nominee. Looking forward to when that time comes.

Me too R.ag! Thank you for the kind words 😉.

4 hours ago, Blind said:

CompFreak, I haven't had much of an opportunity to get to know ya yet. I have quickly learned your love of data and spreadsheets as long as it is not one of @Purplez(OD) 'spreadsheets'.

I find your dedication and time you invest to generating these reports to be admirable. It is not easy maintaining documentation and going through our logs to get that documentation so kudos to you.

I am also very impressed with your decision to decline this evaluation for promotion as you recognized your real life was quite busy. That shows humility and deserves respect.

I look forward to when you are next put up for an evaluation at which time I'm sure you will get that 5th and final star.

Indeed we haven't really had much in the way of interactions since your return, but that is one of the things that I know I normally do better at... This tax season has really enveloped most of my free time that would normally be dedicated to getting to know members around the community such as yourself. Given your history in OD and your recent taking up becoming the *original* Lead for our WoW division (I really liked your divisional update this month by the way :thumbsup:), showcases to me that I haven't been able to give the necessary attention to OD that I would expect from a Commander myself, and makes this a clear decision on my part. Thank you for taking the time to post here and for your kind words!

I don't have any questions to ask you, but major respect for you on being open and honest with us! I look forward to your next eval once things caaaaalm down Comp! ❤️

• Thanks 1