Terra's Evaluation - April 2021

11 hours ago, Terra said:

(Yeah, we are definitely overthinking this)

Thank you for your in depth, passionate, well thought out responses and the time investment that they take. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I can appreciate people coming to these forums and attempting to give terra the 5th degree, are there any specific reasons that people are opting to ask questions that do not relate to her role

Salutations, members of OD. April evaluations are coming up and I have decided to volunteer to write an evaluation. I have volunteered for two main reasons.   1. It seems like I ruffled

Thank you, Triny. I know I have been pretty hard on you lately, and I know it has not been easy for you. Know that I appreciate the grace in which you have faced it, and it reflects well on us both th

Posted Images

5 hours ago, LightningWolves(OD) said:

How much of Eterna's system do you know to accurately compare to our own? With out that indepth information we can only compare our processes vs theirs and ofcourse we will look at our far more favorably as we are rooting for OD. 

I knew it very well. We were hoping to get them to merge with us eventually.

These have happened to OD's history as well, Ray(OD) made it to a eval before he could be vented out and we had Redice taking his frustrations out as OD as well. We are not perfect, but we are arguably better at this than others, what say that other communities with a little less ranks can't do the same? 

We all at somepoint have to make assumptions, I want to know your reasoning behind them. 

As I said before, they have less opportunities to do so. One of the most important factors to judge someone by is how well they experience failure. In OD members can fail promotions if they don't get enough votes, or fail evals if they are rejected, and we have seen how different people handle it when things don't go their way. Ray is perhaps the most dramatic example of that. In Eterna Gaming there was no such process. When they wanted to put someone in a position of power they simply appointed them. Certainly they did their best to evaluate that person based on their time spent in their community up to that point, but they had no method in which to really challenge them and put them to the test. Which might be why they ended up with an administrator that broke their Clan apart when things didn't go the way he wanted.

Honestly I have spent alot of time on the forums because I have grown to enjoy and long for the debates we have as a opportunity to improve. I believe I have improved since then and you helped so much in that regard. Thank you, and I hope you found our interactions enjoyable.

They were interesting conversations, although time-consuming and tiring after a while, try to go a little easier on the other people being evaluated. =P

Questions.

1. Have you ever questioned yourself as a commander?

2. Are you afraid of being vunerable or being considered weak as a leader?

3. Is there something that stands out about yourself as a flaw?

1. I question myself all the time. Not because I doubt my view or decisions, but rather to make sure they keep holding up as I continue to consider a situation.

2. No. Some people might consider me a bad leader but I don't think anyone in my history has ever considered me a weak leader, myself included. I know what I'm good at, and I know how to make the most of it. My problem is being intimidating, not being weak.

3. It might be a sign that you've gone a little overzealous with the questions when you start asking me the same questions that you already did before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Terra said:

3. It might be a sign that you've gone a little overzealous with the questions when you start asking me the same questions that you already did before

That was a slip on my end as I am at work at the time. Otherwise if this is the only one I managed to repeat after so many then I am doing better than I thought.

46 minutes ago, Terra said:

They were interesting conversations, although time-consuming and tiring after a while, try to go a little easier on the other people being evaluated. =P

Well I believe they need to be able to handle this to a extent, if you couldn't take this much then I would be slightly disappointed.  But I get what you mean.

42 minutes ago, Terra said:

As I said before, they have less opportunities to do so. One of the most important factors to judge someone by is how well they experience failure. In OD members can fail promotions if they don't get enough votes, or fail evals if they are rejected, and we have seen how different people handle it when things don't go their way. Ray is perhaps the most dramatic example of that. In Eterna Gaming there was no such process. When they wanted to put someone in a position of power they simply appointed them. Certainly they did their best to evaluate that person based on their time spent in their community up to that point, but they had no method in which to really challenge them and put them to the test. Which might be why they ended up with an administrator that broke their Clan apart when things didn't go the way he wanted.

Would that be a issue from how they appoint people into positions of power? I get what you are saying though.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

Ha. Maybe they just don't think you can handle me anymore. 😉

I guess they are entitled to make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. 

• Upvote 1
  • Laugh 1

Over the years one thing has been consistent about you Terra. Your desire to do what you feel is best for the clan has never changed. This is admirable.

I have been called the most approachable, and the most unapproachable. The most reasonable, and the most unreasonable. The most helpful, and the most scary. The most strict, and the most forgiving. And on at least two occasions during my time in OD some person has tried to demote me for making jokes, so you don't really have to worry about holding back on my evals cuz I can pretty much guarantee you I'm used to all the crazy by now.

I’ll admit you have tended to fall in the ‘most unapproachable’ and ‘most unreasonable’ in the past for me personally. I was reading through some of our old interactions on the forums, and I think this was largely in part due to me being hard headed and set in my ways. I was quick to anger when I was younger.  Although I haven’t been back very long, I think this time around I’m starting to see you as more approachable and a lot more reasonable than in my past interactions with you. Whether this is due to me changing over the past several years, or you changing, I couldn’t tell ya. I think one thing I can say simply from me reflecting a bit is from our very few times in voice together since I’ve been back, you seem to be one of few words when expressing thoughts or chatting and come across as reserved when we talk. It gives off a guarded vibe which to some I can imagine can come across as combative or unapproachable.

With that said I do look forward to getting to re-know you and work alongside you this time around.

A few things have stood out to me in your responses throughout this evaluation and at this time I’d love to get some follow up questions out there for you.

challenging the collective decision of the broader leadership was a daunting undertaking, even for me, and one I was aware could have had lasting consequences for myself. I would say the scale of what I was taking on, and the passionate effort I had to put into emphasizing the need to think the subject over carefully and critically, makes it among the hardest and most audacious things I've attempted in a long time during my history in OD. And despite the fact that I earnestly believed what I did was necessary and important, I am still fortunate that the Generals and Commanders did not exact some form of repercussion for what was undoubtedly straddling the line of acceptable.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying here. The way I read this is that for you as a Commander you found it daunting and challenging to offer up an alternative perspective and view to the other leadership in the community, and while doing so and fighting for something you truly believed would better the clan, you were afraid of repercussion from said leadership. Is this correct? If so, what advice do you have for up-and-coming Officers and Senior Officers when they have ideas or input they want to present and give? If it can be difficult and even a little fearful for a Commander to take an opposing stance I can only imagine how much more it is for an Officer or Senior Officer.

2. What tends to get me the most riled up is when people with great potential end up squandering that potential over petty or emotional reasons. I'm not overly fond of ignorance in general, but it becomes particularly frustrating for me to see someone with good work ethic or talent end up self-destructing themselves because they couldn't let go of something trivial. The biggest example of this is people who blow up or shut down because they failed a promotion or an evaluation. The fact that they were in a position to be promoted is proof enough of their promise as individuals, and if they could figure out how to get past their occasional setbacks then that promise can inevitably be realized. But some do not, and any promise they might have had gets tanked over some inability to cope with failure.

This seems to be a recurring theme throughout the years with OD it seems. Do you have any thoughts or advice on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you for firstly posting your evaluation even though you didn’t have too, and secondly thank you for taking the time to read my wall here and for responding.

Edited by Blind
7 hours ago, Blind said:

challenging the collective decision of the broader leadership was a daunting undertaking, even for me, and one I was aware could have had lasting consequences for myself. I would say the scale of what I was taking on, and the passionate effort I had to put into emphasizing the need to think the subject over carefully and critically, makes it among the hardest and most audacious things I've attempted in a long time during my history in OD. And despite the fact that I earnestly believed what I did was necessary and important, I am still fortunate that the Generals and Commanders did not exact some form of repercussion for what was undoubtedly straddling the line of acceptable.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying here. The way I read this is that for you as a Commander you found it daunting and challenging to offer up an alternative perspective and view to the other leadership in the community, and while doing so and fighting for something you truly believed would better the clan, you were afraid of repercussion from said leadership. Is this correct? If so, what advice do you have for up-and-coming Officers and Senior Officers when they have ideas or input they want to present and give? If it can be difficult and even a little fearful for a Commander to take an opposing stance I can only imagine how much more it is for an Officer or Senior Officer.

There was a bit more to it than that.

During the original discussion that took place on the General's Board prior to the decision I made my points known in the conversation as is standard. I was confident my points were solid and logical, and there were no real arguments made against them, so I assumed when the vote took place and the final decision was to be made that it would land in favor of the decision I was advocating for. From my perspective all objective reasoning pointed in that direction.

But to my surprise it did not land that way, the General and Commander team voted pretty much entirely in the opposing direction. I was absolutely floored by the decision. What made me particularly passionate about this situation, enough to really fight it, as opposed to the countless other decisions we made, wasn't really the subject itself that we were voting on, but rather that leadership had made a vote that seemed to completely disregard the objective points that were made in the discussion. We chose the impractical over the practical, out of an unfounded fear of what could happen rather than what we already knew to be true.

So I did something particularly radical, I challenged the collective decision after it had been made. Strictly speaking, I did not tell them to change the decision, instead I pressured them into providing objective reasons for their decision, and I asked them the important questions that they should have asked themselves when they were first considering the matter. They were mad at me at first, from their point of view it seemed like I was just trying to get my way. But as they began thinking about the situation more thoroughly, and grappling with the hard questions being posed, most of them started to have a change of heart. And they decided for themselves to hold the vote again, and the greater majority ended up voting differently the second time around.

So, what advice would I give to Officers and Senior Officers?

If it's prior to a decision being made then my advice is simple; don't be afraid to post your thoughts and share your views. Add it to the collection of points and perspectives on the topic so that we have as many as we can from which to consider when it comes to making the final decision. If it is after a decision has been made, well... that's a bit more complicated.

All organizations within society have their rules, expectations, customs, and policies. They are there for a reason, and generally we are expected to abide by them or face consequences. But as I said to Purplez earlier in my evaluation, there is no absolute. It is difficult for a blanket rule to account for every kind of situation, and sometimes you end up in extenuating circumstances where following the expected norm may lead to the worse result, and the best course of action involves stepping outside of the boundaries. Life is complicated, and the world can be a complicated place. The right decision is not always as apparent as we would like it to be, and circumstances are not always as black and white as we would prefer them to be. I will not tell people that they always have to follow the rules, and I won't tell them that they should mindlessly abide by the expected norm.

What I will tell them is that if they make a decision to act outside of those boundaries, no matter how right they believe they are to do so, they need to do two things:

1. Understand that their actions may have consequences

2. Be prepared to accept those consequences without complaint if they come

I did what I did on the General's Board because I firmly believed it was best for OD and for the General team. I believed it had to be done. Nevertheless my actions would have been deemed inappropriate under any generally accepted practice within OD, and I fully recognized upon taking those actions that there may be repercussions for my decision to go through with it. I chose to go through with it anyway. Any Officer, Senior Officer, General, or Commander, can make a similar decision if they are faced with the same dilemma. If they truly believe a particular course of action is necessary then they can make the decision to go through with it. But they, too, must be prepared for the consequences of their choices, and be ready to accept them regardless of the final outcome.

7 hours ago, Blind said:

2. What tends to get me the most riled up is when people with great potential end up squandering that potential over petty or emotional reasons. I'm not overly fond of ignorance in general, but it becomes particularly frustrating for me to see someone with good work ethic or talent end up self-destructing themselves because they couldn't let go of something trivial. The biggest example of this is people who blow up or shut down because they failed a promotion or an evaluation. The fact that they were in a position to be promoted is proof enough of their promise as individuals, and if they could figure out how to get past their occasional setbacks then that promise can inevitably be realized. But some do not, and any promise they might have had gets tanked over some inability to cope with failure.

This seems to be a recurring theme throughout the years with OD it seems. Do you have any thoughts or advice on how to resolve this issue?

Support people, console people, do our best to convince them that failure is not the end of all things, help them understand the silver linings, the positive outlooks, the bigger pictures. Whatever we can do to help them get past it. It's about all we can do. For some it will work, for some it will not. That is just how it is, it is the nature of the human race. Hopefully those that don't will figure it out someday.

• Terra changed the title to Aerineth's Evaluation - April 2021

I just want it to be known that I messaged Aerineth and JD very concerned-like about what happened here.. only for @LightningWolves(OD) to inform me that today is April Fool's day. You are all on my angry list today >:C

Terra, while you do great work as a commander and I do not anticipate to want your demotion anytime soon - I do want to make sure some concerns are aired from my side and some things I have heard in passing. I intended on nominating you just to air feedback and concerns and hope to encourage the others who have made comments in passing to do the same, so I am glad you opted to self nominate 😄

Back in November, you had come to me to ask my take on the going on's of the clan and to try to get my take on the feelings/sentiments of the clan as of late since I "bounce around the community a bit more than" you. We discussed about some issues that had been occurring (namely some issues with the AU game night last had). While that discussion was fruitful, it left a weird taste in my mouth. We had a brief discussion about some comments regarding the lack of participation from the commanders during community meetings, especially when they are actively on Discord and gaming in voice channels at the time the meeting is occurring. It seemed like you realized this may be an issue, but there has been no real change to that since our discussions.

Onto my questions:

1. Some of the "core expectations" of the commander rank include sentiments about being able to aptly judge the direction/status of the clan and it's progress, as well as maintaining the longevity and health of the community. Do you see it as potentially problematic about needing to go to someone else to check in and see how things are going in the community that you are a leader of, especially when it pertains to the potential wellbeing of the community?
  2. Lastly, regarding the comments about the lack of interaction from our commanders, do you have specific plans on changing this in the near-term future, like you had mentioned potentially giving some thought to back in November? Do you think the commanders should be participating more with the community than they are currently?
Edited by MelodicRose(OD)
  • Think 1
5 hours ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Back in November, you had come to me to ask my take on the going on's of the clan and to try to get my take on the feelings/sentiments of the clan as of late since I "bounce around the community a bit more than" you. We discussed about some issues that had been occurring (namely some issues with the AU game night last had). While that discussion was fruitful, it left a weird taste in my mouth. We had a brief discussion about some comments regarding the lack of participation from the commanders during community meetings, especially when they are actively on Discord and gaming in voice channels at the time the meeting is occurring. It seemed like you realized this may be an issue, but there has been no real change to that since our discussions.

I can't speak for the other Commanders but I can speak for myself on this matter.

For me it comes down to balancing work and play. Any person in leadership who spends too much time trying to do everything without giving themselves enough downtime is going to end up burning out, therefore learning to balance your time between work and R&R is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Back when community meetings took place years ago I faithfully attended every single one, but I didn't have as many other meetings in OD back then and my work in the real world was different back then as well. As of last November the game development company I work for ramped up my weekly meetings, tacking on about 5 extra meetings per week for me, and OD itself hosts General meetings every month now as well in addition to the Admin Meetings too. Put together I feel like my life is basically revolving around wireless meetings these days. So I've chosen to opt out of the community meetings and instead use that time to focus on games and friends, and make the most of my free time to relax where I can. I'm sure there are people that would prefer that I attend the community meetings, but as a personal life choice it is better for me to let others handle that responsibility with my current life circumstances.

And it would not be fair of me to hold the other Commanders to an expectation that I do not hold myself to, so I have not been leaning on any of them to attend. Although Badboi is pretty good at attending anyway.

Some of the "core expectations" of the commander rank include sentiments about being able to aptly judge the direction/status of the clan and it's progress, as well as maintaining the longevity and health of the community. Do you see it as potentially problematic about needing to go to someone else to check in and see how things are going in the community that you are a leader of, especially when it pertains to the potential wellbeing of the community?

No. Not only do I think it is not problematic, but I think it is an essential and unavoidable part of running the Clan. Even if Commanders could be everywhere and experience everything first-hand, people don't always act the same way when a high authority figure is around, they tend to be more reserved. We depend on our Generals and Division Leaders to keep us informed, who in turn depend a lot on the individual members under their care to keep *them* informed about the things that are said and done when they are not around as well. Whether or not that is ideal can depend on your point of view, but due to the nature of people there isn't a lot of ways around it. It doesn't mean the Commanders are going to take everything that is told to us at face value, if we are made aware of a concern or a development then we're capable of investigating and delving deeper into it ourselves, but we do depend on our peers to point us in the right direction. And I don't personally see a problem with depending on our Generals and Division Leaders for that, when it comes to General ranks in particular we are very careful to select individuals we believe are dependable to become Generals for this very reason. I feel our current roster of Generals are very reliable, and so I am happy to rely on them.

Lastly, regarding the comments about the lack of interaction from our commanders, do you have specific plans on changing this in the near-term future, like you had mentioned potentially giving some thought to back in November? Do you think the commanders should be participating more with the community than they are currently?

I think the Commanders should put in as much time and effort as they are able to spare without compromising their good health and comfortable lifestyles, as I think should be the same for anyone in any position. As long as the Commanders are able to fulfill the core function of their role within OD and complete the things that the Clan depends on their rank for, then anything beyond that is for them to judge based on what they know of their own limits. If they can take on other things too, then that's great. But we should not confuse what we want people to do with what they have to do. If you feel there is an aspect of the Clan that is not receiving the kind of leadership attention you feel it should then that is your opportunity to step in and fill that role yourself. OD leadership is a team effort, we pool our information together and make decisions together. In this way we don't all have to be everywhere, we can divide the work and needs of the Clan among us and depend on each other to keep the team informed.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:44 AM, Aerineth(OD) said:

I have been called the most approachable, and the most unapproachable. The most reasonable, and the most unreasonable. The most helpful, and the most scary. The most strict, and the most forgiving. And on at least two occasions during my time in OD some person has tried to demote me for making jokes, so you don't really have to worry about holding back on my evals cuz I can pretty much guarantee you I'm used to all the crazy by now.

Machiavelli suggests this is the best way. But in seriousness, back when SC2 had more members coming in, you were always a prime candidate to introduce them to. And, on the rare occasion where I jump down into Gamers' Lounge, you've been been benevolent. In my experience, when you've been needed you've hopped in to do your thing. +1

• Upvote 1
  • Terra changed the title to Terra's Evaluation - April 2021

Well, I figured I’d pitch in with my two cents. In my opinion, anything that could’ve been said has been said, and a good chunk of it I feel was specifically trying to catch you off guard to make you look bad or something. I think it’s completely unreasonable that some feel that they have beef with you if you disagree.

You are certainly not the most approachable, likely because you’re so different in personality from others in similar rank. But I, nor anyone else, have ever truly had a problem with you. You stand by your points, and you argue rationally. Providing dialogue of that detail, even if one ends up being wrong, is absolutely invaluable and I’m glad that you with those skills are as high up as you are.

Unfortunately I don’t have any questions to ask you. I rarely comment on evals because I rarely have any serious concerns. Maybe I need to think more outside the box. After all, people who have been around here for less time than me have spoken their minds well and clearly. 

Thank you for what you do here.

Edited by Zakspeeeed(OD)
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Terra in the past we have had opportunities to work together. I have seen you debate and even in your passion you always take the time to clearly explain "why" you are making a decision and you base it off facts or evidence. On the extreme rare occasion you are wrong you have been open to the fact you were wrong when it is based on fact. I feel you critique and judge others extremely fairly weighing in both the positive and negative's. You don't show favoritism if anything I feel you may hold those close to you to a higher standard. 🙂 You expect only what is required but definitely hold people accountable when necessary. While in the beginning I viewed you as a mega bitch I also foolishly let the opinions of others dictate my feelings. You can be a bitch... an extremely funny, witty well thought out holding people accountable when needed kind of bitch. But above all you are consistent I have no questions or problems with your leadership and most definitely support your stay at commander. Thanks for posting this long ass eval for us to read.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it did turn out to be a pretty long eval so far. But people be askin the hard questions, simple replies ain't gonna cut it.

Thanks for your support Dabomb, I will continue to be the bitch that Gotham needs.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Terra, as your recruiter, I always try to be harder on you than most people. However, there isn't anything during the last period where I have to Castigate(OD) you on. We work fairly well together and I'm appreciative of your communications. I believe that you check all of the boxes to the core expectations, although my only criticism is that it wasn't in the OP.

I suppose I'll start with the easiest evaluation for me. I think doing anything with your rank would simply be a disservice to both you and OD. I'll vote for you to remain at your current rank.

In the past, you've often been criticized as, well to be frank, 'Queen Bitch of the Universe' in some people's eyes. And I've seen you change your approach to many situations over the past many years. You've become so much more approachable, especially after I took my hiatus, that when I returned I could see people were willingly coming to you. This perception of who you are has become one that's softer and not quite as rigid and cold.

We were talking last night in somewhat of a joking manner, that you're kind of pinned to be the one behind all the things people don't like, or enforcing decisions and actions, when in reality, your growth has probably made you more personable to the members than even I ever have been. As someone who has had the opportunity to observe your growth, I think you're in the right place, and we wouldn't have our Terra any other way.

I don't have any questions for you as I literally talk to you every day, either with gaming, or with Admin Duties. Best of luck Terra!

Quite the eval you got yourself into here huh? Some great questions, some great answers, some books... Yep, it's a Commander's Eval alright... haha.

Jokes aside, as one of the few members still around that witnessed your rise from the perspective of being a new recruit to the community myself, watching as you rose from Sr. Officer through to where you are now, I can definitely appreciate the comment you made during my last eval, in regards to "seeing you as my equal". While I admire your tenacity and logical thought process, we've certainly had it out on the forums more than a couple of times, yet we're both still here, which speaks volumes to how we each have the community's best interest in mind. In contrast, we've also seen eye to eye on more than a few topics over the years. Recently, this was exemplified during last August's General's meeting, where you and I were pretty much the only votes against the change, and the next morning is when I noticed your post where you  "ruffled some feathers" by challenging the decision. My kudos to you for going that extra mile in asking for reasons why the majority went the other way.

The path necessary in "going against the grain" definitely needed to be approached carefully, and you did not disappoint. I really don't have much in the way of questions for you on this eval, and instead of making you jump through hoops by asking more questions, I would rather you put your time into doing what you have been for the community. I offer my support for you to continue upholding OD's highest standards as a Commander. :thumbsup:

While I have some.. feelings about your responses to my questions - I do not see a reason particularly to demote you from the commander position. So I will vote for you to remain as your administrative activity is something that is necessary.. 

But, I will say that if generalized activity within the clan and bouncing around in terms of participation and chatting with the community is something that can be judged upon other general's and be used as grounds for a neg vote, I would expect the same from our commanders - especially as they are the people who are to be maintaining the well being of our community. I hope to see more of the commanders venturing outside of the channels hidden at the bottom of the Discord and meeting some of our lovely community members. This would also likely bridge a gap between higher leadership and our enlisted/WO ranks, who may also be intimidated to come to you. While I understand that leadership is a team effort and that the Generals are often people Commanders go to for information, it would be nice to see our commanders interacting more with the community they are supposedly participating in and making rules/policies for rather than being a hidden entity at the very bottom of our Discord server.

Thanks guys.

1 hour ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

But, I will say that if generalized activity within the clan and bouncing around in terms of participation and chatting with the community is something that can be judged upon other general's and be used as grounds for a neg vote, I would expect the same from our commanders - especially as they are the people who are to be maintaining the well being of our community. I hope to see more of the commanders venturing outside of the channels hidden at the bottom of the Discord and meeting some of our lovely community members. This would also likely bridge a gap between higher leadership and our enlisted/WO ranks, who may also be intimidated to come to you. While I understand that leadership is a team effort and that the Generals are often people Commanders go to for information, it would be nice to see our commanders interacting more with the community they are supposedly participating in and making rules/policies for rather than being a hidden entity at the very bottom of our Discord server.

Yes, it seems like a bit of a double-standard, doesn't it? Lightning asked me a similar question last month, and I'll share the response I gave to him with you here.

Whenever a Commander becomes more publicly interactive it tends to overshadow the Generals. If a person needs help with something, or reports an issue that needs to be resolved, they have a tendency to go to the highest-ranked member of Administration that they are familiar with. This makes sense, right? The higher a person's rank the more authority and strength they have, so it's more likely they'll be able to help you with what you need. So if you have a problem that needs solved you go to the person who has the highest chance of making a difference. That is generally the case. So if people are regularly on familiar terms with a Commander, then the Commander is their first choice as a go-to problem-solver. Unfortunately this tends to rob Generals of a lot of opportunities to learn, grow, and prove themselves. They don't have as much of an opportunity to earn people's trust with their own problem-solving abilities when they are at ranks where they need those opportunities to prove their ability and develop themselves to earn higher General ranks, or become a Commander themselves someday. What people need to keep in mind is that the role of Commanders is not the same as the role of Generals. Our role in the Clan is not to make ourselves widely available to the members and be more interactive than the Generals, as I said that prevents Generals from having the opportunity to grow and earn the member's trust themselves. Our role is to guide and help the Generals with any problems they end up struggling with, and help them grow as leaders and become better Administrators. In other words Generals are expected to be available to the members, and Commanders are expected to be available to the Generals. That is how we cultivate the leaders of tomorrow.

That is why I do not interact on a large scale with the members of the Clan even though I may hold Generals accountable for failing to do so in their own evaluations. The roles of our positions are different, as are our responsibilities.

• Upvote 1