Community Meeting 3/20 7pm CST ×

Types of Halo Events Poll Results Follow-Up

Hello everyone!

I want to start off by thanking those who voted on that types of events poll I put up last week in #division-announcements (18 people not including myself). I’ve been looking over the data from the results and there’s clearly a lot of interest in everything with the exception of FFA. There’s also been folks very recently expressing interest in Halo Wars MP, which, from hosting such an event last month on the Steam version (no crossplay with Windows Store/Game Pass version unfortunately), I’m pretty sure has around as much interest as Halo Wars Customs.

If anyone is interested in getting into event hosting with either Halo Wars MP, 4v4, any of the other poll options, or something else Halo related, pop on over to #event-planning and we can discuss the deets and go from there. Remember, an event can be something as simple as a dedicated time frame to play matchmaking in a certain mode, as is the case with my BTB events.

Also, for those curious, below is the breakdown of the poll results. One thing I noticed in particular is there’s a lot of overlap interest in 4v4 and Invasion/Squad Battle. Those being the modes the OD Halo Competitive Squad had specialized in back in the day, perhaps some among you are interested in bringing that squad back from the dead? If so, please reach out to @Larixal(OD) on Discord. Here's the link to that squad for your reference: https://www.overdosed.net/index.php?view=Squads&uid=314.

1. Campaign
    1. EclipseNexus
    2. Geordie
    3. Jenkinns523
    4. Lumpydonut
    5. Morgandril

6. PureSkooma

7. SprucePumpkin01

8. Steelshot

2. MCC Customs

1. EclipseNexus

2. Geordie

3. Jenkinns523

4. Larixal

5. Lumpydonut

6. Morgandril

7. PureSkooma

8. SprucePumpkin01

9. Steelshot

10. GhazindGaming

11. Utomneian

12. Zakspeeeed

3. Halo Wars Customs

1. Avatarx

2. EclipseNexus

3. Geordie

4. Jenkinns523

5. Larixal

6. Zoro461

4. Big Team Battle

1. EclipseNexus

2. Foxlitaf

3. Geordie

4. Jenkinns523

5. Larixal

6. Lumpydonut

7. phoenix0fEmbers

8. PureSkooma

9. GhazindGaming

10. TimmyV

11. Zakspeeeed

12. Zoro461

5. Free-For-All

1. GhazindGaming

2. Zakspeeeed

3. Zoro461

6. Invasion/Squad Battle

1. Geordie

2. Jenkinns523

3. Larixal

4. Steelshot

5. GhazindGaming

6. phoenix0fEmbers

7. TimmyV

8. Utomneian

9. Zakspeeeed

10. Zoro461

7. Infection

1. Avatarx

2. Geordie

3. Jenkinns523

4. Larixal

5. SprucePumpkin01

6. GhazingGaming

7. Utomneian

8. Zakspeeeed

9. Zoro461

8. 4v4

1. Foxlitaf

2. Geordie

3. Jenkinns523

4. Larixal

5. Lumpydonut

6. Morgandril

7. GhazindGaming

8. TimmyV

9. Zakspeeeed

10. Zoro461

9. Firefight

1. Avatarx

2. Cosette

3. Geordie

4. Jenkinns523

5. Larixal

6. Morgandril

7. phoenix0fEmbers

8. Steelshot

9. STOS

10. Zoro461

Edited by Jenkinns523(OD)
  • Upvote 1

So looking at this (and taking into account what was discussed earlier), popularity and placement ideas below:

• Monday
    • PROPOSED: Firefight Event Day (10pts). Can be either MM or challenge-based. Know Endure was very popular for challenge level.
  • Tuesday
    • PROPOSED: Infection Event Day (9pts). Open lobby, but would require large turnout if we wanted to avoid matchmaking. 
  • Wednesday
    • PROPOSED: Halo Wars Event Day (6pts). Low popularity but building. focusing on customs and campaign completion.
  • Thursday
    • CURRENT: Campaign Event Day (8pts). Low Score, but longer-term participation expected. Can be re-scheduled dependent on game releases.
  • Friday
    • CURRENT: Big Team Battle Event Day (12pts). High consistency and turnout from members.
  • Saturday
    • PROPOSED: Matchmaking Event Day (10pts). Mix of 4v4 and 6v6 modes - highly dependent on turnout and people's preferences.
  • Sunday
    • CURRENT: Customs Event Day (12pts). Needs to be confined to one day - split turnout means lower numbers.

Thoughts on that?

Edited by Geordie(OD)

As I said in #event-planning earlier today, I see the value in having different event themes for different days of the week. @Geordie(OD), I do like which days you put the types of events which currently aren’t being hosted in your proposition.

HOWEVER, I’d much rather it be a first come, first serve basis. If, for example, someone reaches out to start hosting Firefight events before others reach out to start hosting Infection, Halo Wars, 4v4/6v6 matchmaking, etc., and they want to host on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday instead of Monday as well as make it a weekly thing, then why shouldn’t they be able to take advantage of taking the initiative before others? 

Plus, as I was just alluding to, some folks may not want to host on a weekly basis. The only days which have an event theme right now are Thursday (Campaign), Friday (Big Team Battle), and Sunday (MCC Customs). This is because they all currently have dedicated hosting by at least one individual on a weekly basis. Not saying it will, but if one of those days was to lose dedicated hosting on a weekly basis, then that day would clearly be open for a different event theme.

That's all a fair shout. First come first serve makes more sense. Are you wanting to put shouts out for hosters, or wait for people to ask?

5 hours ago, Geordie(OD) said:

Are you wanting to put shouts out for hosters, or wait for people to ask?

I'm thinking a weekly shout out for hosters in general. Adding it to future Halo OD Info Roundups in the Events section right before the list of upcoming events would probably be one of if not the best ways to go about it. It wouldn't need to be anything more than something like "Looking to get into event hosting? Pop on over to #event-planning on the Discord. 😃".

• Like 1