Community Meeting 3/20 7pm CST ×

Diablo 2 Remaster?

Pretty sure this was meant for the D2 forum and not Old Tutorials. Moved it to the appropriate forums.

I would love to see a remaster, but I won't hold my breath. I'll wait to see it officially announced before I start getting hyped. Regardless.. this does give a bit of hope I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

I can see now why they have been shutting things down on the original battle.net, their intent was to migrate their fanbase to the new one all along. Bad news for people who liked botting though, Blizzard made sure the modern battle.net was far better at tracking and catching cheaters and 3rd party programs. I expect the remastered version will be a much more pure gaming environment.

Either way, it sounds like the years of D2 prosperity will continue after all.

idk about that bot thing. Wow retail still has a huge bot gold farming problem that they don't fix. Hundreds of boomkins farming the same area but some how they can' t manage to ban them. Wow classic still has a flying dungeon clear problem as well. Like Classic D2 their answer was to limit certain aspects of the game but didn't really stop the bot problem.

29 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

How is this going to impact OP Clan OD

It links bnet 1.0 and 2.0 , Say im on starcraft i can see all friends bnet 1.0 and 2.0

1 hour ago, Badboi(OD) said:

Pops and I were talking about this yesterday. For now the plan will be to keep both the original clan channel open for those that are going to play the older game if it's available and see what we can do for the remaster. @PoPs(OD) has other ideas I'm sure he will share.

They are going to have 2 versions. Your old keys will work for the old version. New keys wil have 3d and 2d option and the additional features like shared stash. It reads like they will stay seperate and not merged on the same bnet servers.

Oh also common question i saw. Glitches like the ebug armor should still be included. They were very specific about using the old code with a new skin and doing minimal changes to accommodate the quality of life changes. Of course it's always subject to change if they should decide to patch things like ebug and claim they were not working as intended, they haven't addressed specific popular glitches.

Edited by TieDyeT(OD)
3 hours ago, Badboi(OD) said:

The guys at blizz have said they will keep the old bnet servers running, so no changes there. I'll keep op ClanOD up and active there..The remaster will be on their global servers, playable from the blizz launcher. There will be no more useast or EU or uswest and they said something along the lines of re-working the chat lobbys... I am looking for more info about having a moderated chat channel and have reached out to some in the know.. They will also allow name duplicates, as there will be cross platform gaming and names would get used up on the first day lol, but those duplicates will be linked to your battletag....the games selection page is getting a re-work as well, allowing us to see games in any difficulty......

I bet it's gonna be similar to d3, where there's a clan tab and chat instead of joining clan channels with mods. Just a guess though. I'm hoping the bnet tags will be prominent, it's already easy to impersonate someone with a symbol change, hope it's not easier. They keep repeating their changes are supposed to be changes to things we already work around, like the mules stash and seeing nightmare games when you're in hell.

Sign up for alpha if you haven't already, I'd love to test this with some of you guys if we can get picked.