Community Meeting 3/20 7pm CST ×

R.agnarok(OD)'s Evaluation - (January 2021)

• Commanders

Hi fellow members of OD.

It's about time for me to post an eval. I will keep this short and give way to questions anyone would like to ask. For those that I haven't had the pleasure yet of knowing, I been in this clan for 17 years, and 14 as Commander. My main role where I'm most active is overseeing that everything works fine. I administrate OD finances and the server/website forums/bots technical aspects. I usually maintain myself informed of everything that happens in OD, I read our forums daily and most of the posted topics, and participate in discussions on the Generals/Commanders forums mostly.

The goals for this year are to redesign the visuals of the website, and to improve the activity by adding different dynamics to our recruiting and ranking system.

The plan is to be able to track activity (DSL - Days since login) in the most automated process that we can. We need to get rid of it being a hassle and open the way to let our members focus on gaming and establishing relationships between themselves.

The way to accomplish this will be integrating Discord as our main DSL tracking system. The main problem that exists now is that the linking for it to track your DSL is manually done via an interface in your console(many don't even know it exists). I am currently designing a recruitment bot to automate the recruiting process and to automatically link new members with our website so their DSL can be tracked without even having the need to visit the website. Everyone needs to be active in Discord, either by joining a bot channel, or by typing a message anywhere on the Discord chats, this will be the triggering events for your DSL to be reset.

Additionally, we are going to revamp the points system so members can start accumulating points by doing certain actions such as recruiting, voting for promotions, awarding medals, etc. Once you have accumulated enough points, you will be able to trade them for promotions. This is to incentive website activity that we will be lacking due to the other automation process that we will be implementing.

This are the first steps that we will be taking, and many more to come in the future.

Any questions are welcome and I wish you enjoy your stay in OD.

• Like 2

Ohh Hello there R.ag!

Questions for you:

Since you and I have been here awhile, do you feel the culture of the community as a whole has changed?

Which do you find takes more time to implement a change (lets think like a feature upgrade: such as website development)?

• Time to discuss a change
  • Time to implement a change

What other projects or proposals could you see or want to see in the future to help integrate the new incoming generation?

Thanks as always, I've always held much respect for you over the years

• Commanders
16 minutes ago, snicker66(OD) said:

Ohh Hello there R.ag!

Questions for you:

Since you and I have been here awhile, do you feel the culture of the community as a whole has changed?

Which do you find takes more time to implement a change (lets think like a feature upgrade: such as website development)?

• Time to discuss a change
  • Time to implement a change

What other projects or proposals could you see or want to see in the future to help integrate the new incoming generation?

Thanks as always, I've always held much respect for you over the years

1.- While I usually complain that lately the time taken to discuss and approve a change has been increasing exponentially, the time to implement something scripting wise takes a lot of more time. Sometimes changes that on the underlying are seen as simple, take a lot of time to develop due to other systems depending on it, or it needing to be restructured for the change.

2.- There's always a ton of ideas to implement, but we need to focus on the strongest ones, which are recruitment and retention. Our members have been doing a great work by recruiting and creating events, so mainly we need to facilitate them said process. Then to focus on retention, we need to have activities and rich information available. We need to convert our webpage homepage in something more interactive. Blind(OD) was proposing an external news feed which doesn't sound like a bad idea. That along with new and improved gaming feeds, which show activity on the games we support, will be the future of our integrations. We need to revamp our feeds using the latest technologies that games are starting to offer.

Thank you for your questions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

R.ag you have always been a pillar and a foundation of OD since I've known you. Even now whenever I have any questions that need answered or I have issues with something I know I can come to you, and you'll know what to do. I know that a lot of what you do doesn't get you noticed or bring much attention to you, but you've never really tried to do anything for the attention. You've always dedicated yourself to the clan because you care about OD and about bringing a fun an awesome environment for all of it's membership to enjoy. I think with all that you do for us that you deserve to keep your rank as Commander. You definitely have my support. Next I would just like to ask a couple questions.

1. Who was the person you looked up to the most in your early years of being in OD?

2. Who wins in a 1v1 on Broodwar between you and NewbCrack?

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I look forward to reading your response! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

Well as you've come to know lol I'm not much into your side of the computer science.  I throw out these ideas and it seems so simple to me, then when you explain it, I sort of understand that it isn't simple and really effects alot of other areas.  But I will continue to throw out ideas because that's the way I find out things that may or may not be able to happen.

To think that you've been here for 17 years providing unpaid technical support as well as gaming and being a part of the community is just mind boggling.  I bet if you even guessed at the number of hours you've spent on the Clan technical wise, you'd be a rich man, but guess what ... you are rich in the support you receive from this community.  

My question to you, is how can the Clan help you in your workload?  I realize that CompFreak did some work on the webpage for the donation page, what do prospective technies need to show you before they are allowed to help with your projects?

R.ag,

I have not gotten to interact with you much over these last 4+ years, but I really admire your skillset and what you have done for our site and community.  14 years is impressive.  I bet you have lots of interesting stories you could share.

Since you have seen a lot of folks come and go, you have seen numbers increase and decrease in cycles.  You have also seen different commanders and generals affect good change.

My question to you would be...what do you feel the current set of generals and your fellow commanders could do to affect change more efficiently?

Rick 

• Commanders
3 hours ago, Raged(OD) said:

R.ag you have always been a pillar and a foundation of OD since I've known you. Even now whenever I have any questions that need answered or I have issues with something I know I can come to you, and you'll know what to do. I know that a lot of what you do doesn't get you noticed or bring much attention to you, but you've never really tried to do anything for the attention. You've always dedicated yourself to the clan because you care about OD and about bringing a fun an awesome environment for all of it's membership to enjoy. I think with all that you do for us that you deserve to keep your rank as Commander. You definitely have my support. Next I would just like to ask a couple questions.

1. Who was the person you looked up to the most in your early years of being in OD?

2. Who wins in a 1v1 on Broodwar between you and NewbCrack?

Thanks for taking your time to read this. I look forward to reading your response! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

1.- That would definitely have to be BigBaller(OD), despite his radical punishments, he was always a fair leader and was the one you would go if you wanted someone that would give a fair judgement while avoiding favoritism. I have seen countless communities die because their leadership would go against majorities and take preference of their favorite members. This community has survived because of the diversity of our leaders and their efforts to maintain fair judgement.

2.- I haven't played BW in years, but we used to be on the same level, we played a lot of 1v1s and we usually were even in score.

Thank you for your support and kind words, they are truly appreciated. 😃

I'll leave you with some quotes of old bnet, I'm sure you will remember some of those faces. =p

[11:01:57 a.m.] <Aww(GG)@USEast> going iccup to look at my B
 [03:28:16 a.m.] <StrAtiGY@USEast> ODr <----- baby OD? just a trial? a kid?
<BullTheKid(ODr)> can i get vote for ur dodge?

[02:13:49 p.m.] <Rebel(OD)1@USEast> my dad says i cant play now cause u cussing

<Darkness(OD)@USEast> hey if anybody has a friend who is looking to marry a brazilian for money let me kow

Moneybags(OD): only people i dont hold the door for is fat people...i hate fat people

2 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Well as you've come to know lol I'm not much into your side of the computer science.  I throw out these ideas and it seems so simple to me, then when you explain it, I sort of understand that it isn't simple and really effects alot of other areas.  But I will continue to throw out ideas because that's the way I find out things that may or may not be able to happen.

To think that you've been here for 17 years providing unpaid technical support as well as gaming and being a part of the community is just mind boggling.  I bet if you even guessed at the number of hours you've spent on the Clan technical wise, you'd be a rich man, but guess what ... you are rich in the support you receive from this community.  

My question to you, is how can the Clan help you in your workload?  I realize that CompFreak did some work on the webpage for the donation page, what do prospective technies need to show you before they are allowed to help with your projects?

Throwing out ideas is really important, even if they are accomplished or not, they still serve a purpose to keep going forward.

I usually train/teach whoever is interested in helping out, so all anyone would have to do is getting in contact with me and we can work something out. Any extra help is always welcome. I don't really ask for any previous knowledge, the only thing I look for is time and dedication.

Thank you for your questions. 😃

I'll leave you with some more quotes from old days in bnet. Surely OD hasn't changed much in that matter.

A2TheFROMAN (10:18:08 p.m.): ive been bashed enough in the general forums to teach me every flaw in my head i imagine
<OmniKilla(OD)@USEast> bnet is so nice, everyone says hi, unlike real life where their like "don't talk to me, go away"

2 hours ago, RadarRick(OD) said:

R.ag,

I have not gotten to interact with you much over these last 4+ years, but I really admire your skillset and what you have done for our site and community.  14 years is impressive.  I bet you have lots of interesting stories you could share.

Since you have seen a lot of folks come and go, you have seen numbers increase and decrease in cycles.  You have also seen different commanders and generals affect good change.

My question to you would be...what do you feel the current set of generals and your fellow commanders could do to affect change more efficiently?

Rick 

I usually think and have seen that the strongest leadership comes when all our leaders get along and know how to work with each others. It may sound simple, but cross division gaming has always been an issue when someone that has never participated in a game, comes with a high rank and try to take part on it and is usually unwelcome because no one likes other people to meddle with the hard work it's already been taken in place. So, being humble, getting acquainted first before working on new projects, and reaching out to lend a helping hand is the recommendation I would give. This community is not only for gaming, it's a big family where we take care of each others.

Some more quotes of old bnet days.

<OmniKilla(OD)@USEast> actually, when a member gets 8 dsl or more, we call their family, make sure their not dead

[07:18:25 p.m.] <PhailureOf(OD)@USEast> this is when power hungry people who think everything they do is right clash against annoying people with a point but not good at carrying it out correctly

• Like 1

R.ag,

Finding a good question to ask you is a bit hard with some of these pretty good questions that have been asked already. 

---

I think that my highest point with you came this past year when I started the Halo division with Raged and you joined us and I got to not just play a game with you but actually hear you talk. 

It was a incredibly great experience to get to interact that way with one of our most veteran members in such a manner. I know you weren't able to stick around for as long as you'd like because of how busy you got during COVID. But it was nice while it lasted. 

----

Further later after starting Halo I became a General and I got to Interact with you on a higher level and you don't pull ANY punches. This is something that while I don't always take well(which I'm always trying to improve on) I appreciate about you) I always know where you stand as a person and as a leader.

----

Question time though. 

If you had more time on your hands would you be inclined to join or even start a new division/squad again? Other than Halo/Dota I've been a while since I've seen you actively participate personally(I could honestly and correct me if I'm wrong) in games within the community even just casually. 

Even as a Commander where the decisions are many. I know Aer and Terra find plenty of time to game casually in the "squad" sense. 

I understand your job keeps your beyond busy(especially this year) and the stuff you do in the community keeps you even more so. But It's just something I've always wondered after getting the chance to play with you. 

---

At what point in your life did you decide that the IT field was the field you were going to go into and what keeps you in the field as a career?

---

How do you like living in Mexico? 

---

Red pill or Blue pill?

---

• Commanders
1 hour ago, JD(OD) said:

R.ag,

Finding a good question to ask you is a bit hard with some of these pretty good questions that have been asked already. 

---

I think that my highest point with you came this past year when I started the Halo division with Raged and you joined us and I got to not just play a game with you but actually hear you talk. 

It was a incredibly great experience to get to interact that way with one of our most veteran members in such a manner. I know you weren't able to stick around for as long as you'd like because of how busy you got during COVID. But it was nice while it lasted.

I'm glad you found it a nice experience, I really enjoyed playing with you all.

Further later after starting Halo I became a General and I got to Interact with you on a higher level and you don't pull ANY punches. This is something that while I don't always take well(which I'm always trying to improve on) I appreciate about you) I always know where you stand as a person and as a leader.

I have always believed that harsh honesty is way better than talking behind anyone's back. A toxic environment presents itself when members aren't sure of someone else's stand, or start seeing double faced attitudes. That's why I prefer to put differences up front so everything is clear beforehand. I also appreciate your efforts to cope with it, that sure earned you plus points in my book and made me have a different and improved picture that I had about you.

Question time though. 

If you had more time on your hands would you be inclined to join or even start a new division/squad again? Other than Halo/Dota I've been a while since I've seen you actively participate personally(I could honestly and correct me if I'm wrong) in games within the community even just casually.

Even as a Commander where the decisions are many. I know Aer and Terra find plenty of time to game casually in the "squad" sense. 

I understand your job keeps your beyond busy(especially this year) and the stuff you do in the community keeps you even more so. But It's just something I've always wondered after getting the chance to play with you. 

Starting a division, no, that's not something I have the time to put forward, handling a division is huge work and I really look up to those that do. Joining a new division, definitely, I really like MMORPGs and I been waiting for a new one to come up or to a division raise on an existing one. Can't wait to join the gaming again.

At what point in your life did you decide that the IT field was the field you were going to go into and what keeps you in the field as a career?

I actually self taught myself how to code because of OD, the current Commanders back then didn't have anymore time or will to work on the website, so I decided to do it myself. I was studying Chemistry as a career back then and then decided to start a second career to study computer science. I already knew how to code, so it was a big advantage. I have a mathematics and problem solving focused mind, so that's why I like coding, it keeps me entertained and I really enjoy making life easier for others, that's what drives me on to continue doing it.

How do you like living in Mexico?

It has it's pros and cons, I live in the capital so it's a very big crowded city. It has a lot of lacking in terms of security and maintenance, but it's easier to find jobs and you have everything available, from free health care, big ass molls to black markets. I can't really complain, but later on I would like to move to a more relaxed town, preferably in the coast.

Red pill or Blue pill?

Red pill all the way, curiosity is what I live for everyday.

• Thanks 1

You are one of the most intelligent conversationalists I have in the Clan. You also occasionally drive me batshit crazy. Your availability is unpredictable, and therefore having to rely on you always comes with a degree of uncertainty that can be pretty frustrating at times. I especially got pretty annoyed when I found out we could not accomplish the visual upgrades on the website last year. (And then I got annoyed x2 when some of our Generals started thinking it was MY fault) But annoying as it may be at times, and unpredictable as it may be all the time, you've always come through for the Clan when it has needed you most, and though the visual upgrade is unavailable you've managed to put together (or very nearly) the next best thing with the automated bot. The truth is OD would have been dead several times over without you around these past many years, and most members come and go without ever knowing that. You could take any single member out of this Clan, including me, and the Clan would survive and carry on, but take you out of the equation and the Clan loses its ability to adapt. And without that its end becomes an eventual certainty.

In the years we've worked together you and I have developed a symbiotic relationship, two sides of the same coin, each relying on the other to do the things we can't do ourselves. We agree just the right amount with each other to keep things moving, and disagree just the right amount with each other to change direction as needed.

The evaluation is a good opportunity for members to learn more about you, particularly as your activities are all but invisible to the public eye. But OD needs you to remain at Commander rank in order to function correctly, and that is where I will vote for you to stay.

• Upvote 1

Now I finally have time aside to post on the eval of the man, the myth, the legend R.agnarok. I only ever got the extreme honor and privilege to vocally speak with you one time in so many year that I was in OD, only to come back, see you in the discord, and introduced myself personally.  You are a intelligent man who can hold a conversation and you have quiet the reputation that sadly many of us will never be able to see as it feels you have to be a general to really get to know you. I do have some question for you.

1. Do you ever plan on becoming more available to the community at a point when you have time?

2. Are you trying to remain in contact with generals exclusively for the most part?

3. Have you ever mentor anyone, and what was their legacy?

4. If I wanted to contact you can I, and how?

5. When can we have a good ol' voice chat again?

Hi R.ag

You are one of the few people I have not had the opportunity of working with in depth. albeit I have been able to take part in discussions with you and see some of how you work. You have years of experience under your belt and I appreciate your dedication all these years to helping the clan grow. For a while you seemed elusive and over the last few years I feel you have been a lot more engaged and working towards moving the community forward with the projects we have. 

I have also seen your leadership style and have no question you continue to be a strong leader for our community.

Given the current state of your involvement with OD and a lot of the things you do outside of the view of the community I can't expect you to be more "Active" you are as active as you need to be. However what do you see for your future here in OD and you are now if not the longest standing member pretty close to it. 2020 was a hard year for a lot of people and if anything it proved that the unexpected can happen at anytime. Is there a plan should something happen to you or you find yourself in a spot that you have to step down unexpectedly for the future of OD. Who is in line to step up and are we set up for success to transfer everything from the website - finances? 

Before I state my opinion and judgement I do have a two part question for you;

What was the most disappointing and/or discouraging  situation that happened to you in OD, and how did you move past it?

• Commanders
On 1/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, Terra said:

You are one of the most intelligent conversationalists I have in the Clan. You also occasionally drive me batshit crazy. Your availability is unpredictable, and therefore having to rely on you always comes with a degree of uncertainty that can be pretty frustrating at times. I especially got pretty annoyed when I found out we could not accomplish the visual upgrades on the website last year. (And then I got annoyed x2 when some of our Generals started thinking it was MY fault) But annoying as it may be at times, and unpredictable as it may be all the time, you've always come through for the Clan when it has needed you most, and though the visual upgrade is unavailable you've managed to put together (or very nearly) the next best thing with the automated bot. The truth is OD would have been dead several times over without you around these past many years, and most members come and go without ever knowing that. You could take any single member out of this Clan, including me, and the Clan would survive and carry on, but take you out of the equation and the Clan loses its ability to adapt. And without that its end becomes an eventual certainty.

In the years we've worked together you and I have developed a symbiotic relationship, two sides of the same coin, each relying on the other to do the things we can't do ourselves. We agree just the right amount with each other to keep things moving, and disagree just the right amount with each other to change direction as needed.

The evaluation is a good opportunity for members to learn more about you, particularly as your activities are all but invisible to the public eye. But OD needs you to remain at Commander rank in order to function correctly, and that is where I will vote for you to stay.

I have always enjoyed the lengthy chats we usually have and the diverse opinions. It sure has been a nice combo since we usually come up with better and more refined ideas. I do think tho, that you have become an indispensable asset to this community. The level of dedication you have shown has been hardly achieved by anyone in OD. I thank you for your support!

On 1/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, LightningWolves(OD) said:

Now I finally have time aside to post on the eval of the man, the myth, the legend R.agnarok. I only ever got the extreme honor and privilege to vocally speak with you one time in so many year that I was in OD, only to come back, see you in the discord, and introduced myself personally.  You are a intelligent man who can hold a conversation and you have quiet the reputation that sadly many of us will never be able to see as it feels you have to be a general to really get to know you. I do have some question for you.

1. Do you ever plan on becoming more available to the community at a point when you have time?

2. Are you trying to remain in contact with generals exclusively for the most part?

3. Have you ever mentor anyone, and what was their legacy?

4. If I wanted to contact you can I, and how?

5. When can we have a good ol' voice chat again?

Hi, thank you for your questions and kind words.

1.- I'm usually available to anyone that reach outs to me. A lot of members message me time to time privately, and I'm very glad to be of any help

2.- It's not that I'm trying to, but it's where my input has the biggest effect. Everyone has their own role in this community and their role is to be closer to the community itself. I see myself as an overseer and occasionally gaming with OD like any other member.

3.- Yes, I have mentored countless members, which many of my recruits have reached the General's ranks and even Commanders. Not many are still in the clan, but they worked for us for years and helped maintain this community alive. Many of them were top recruiters and their time.

4.- I'm always on Discord, I have it on my mobile too so just send me a private message and I will usually respond rather fast.

5.- I mostly join voice chats only when I'm gaming, so whenever you see me there, feel free to join and chat.

22 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Hi R.ag

You are one of the few people I have not had the opportunity of working with in depth. albeit I have been able to take part in discussions with you and see some of how you work. You have years of experience under your belt and I appreciate your dedication all these years to helping the clan grow. For a while you seemed elusive and over the last few years I feel you have been a lot more engaged and working towards moving the community forward with the projects we have. 

I have also seen your leadership style and have no question you continue to be a strong leader for our community.

Given the current state of your involvement with OD and a lot of the things you do outside of the view of the community I can't expect you to be more "Active" you are as active as you need to be. However what do you see for your future here in OD and you are now if not the longest standing member pretty close to it. 2020 was a hard year for a lot of people and if anything it proved that the unexpected can happen at anytime. Is there a plan should something happen to you or you find yourself in a spot that you have to step down unexpectedly for the future of OD. Who is in line to step up and are we set up for success to transfer everything from the website - finances? 

Hi, thank you for your kind comments and questions.

Over the years I have learned to adapt myself to shortage of personal time while still be able to do required things for OD to remain where I am.

In any case of problems, there are implemented fail-safes so all my accounts information will be passed to other Commanders in the event I stop logging. So, everything should be safe in that matter. I also try to keep payments years in advance, so in any event, we have a huge window to adapt.

20 hours ago, Triny(OD) said:

Before I state my opinion and judgement I do have a two part question for you;

What was the most disappointing and/or discouraging  situation that happened to you in OD, and how did you move past it?

Hi Triny, thanks for your questions.

I was recently talking about this, and it was on my first years as Commander. The website used to be handled by another Commander which shared access with his friends. One of them had a little brother who used to temper with the database, by altering his recruits and setting a lot of members to his recruits, also giving himself higher records than he had and all of the stuff of the sort. Since he was the brother of another General which was friends of a Commander, nothing much was done against it. The General claimed he changed his passwords and a few days later, it would happen again. No punishment was ever given. This was a very frustrating situation and I used to complain a lot about it. The fact that I was a Commander and was unable to do anything about it, was the worst thing.

On a bold move, I made said general a Commander, since he was already 4*, in an attempt to make him directly responsible for his actions instead of them being relied to the other inactive Commander. This worked fine for a few years until I eventually had the opportunity to handle all the website and finances myself. It required a lot of patience and time but eventually I was able to finally make decisions where all the responsibility fell under myself. From that day onward, I had to be 100% impartial and make sure all my judgement was justified and accepted. There had always been controversial decisions but they have worked fine in the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Without u cant imagin how this clan will be may be died long time ago Ty for all just let u know you get my support all the time.

Do u have chance to watch PK movie? Here the link

R.ag, you are the corner stone that holds this community together. Make sure that your prioritizing projects, so we can get the most out of you. Thanks for donating your time and words of wisdom when needed. Remain at rank.

are you ever gonna quit dodging me for the sc remastered 1v1 ?

and considering I was there when you weren't commander i got your back even tho you are terrible at sc and dodge me OGs

also can i be commander for easter?

On 1/13/2021 at 9:55 PM, R.agnarok(OD) said:

I have seen countless communities die because their leadership would go against majorities and take preference of their favorite members. This community has survived because of the diversity of our leaders and their efforts to maintain fair judgement.

What is your opinion of holding too strictly too our primary 'goal' of Overdosed. That 'goal' in part is guided by the rules of Overdosed. When does upholding our rules, decisions, and ideals ultimately undermine when something happens that we need to change. I refer to the growing concern that we focus too much on the 'rules' of overdosed and not what it means to just focus on gaming.

In some cases, if we're too strict to 'rules and politics', we are criticized for not being in line with the members of the community and are stagnant in our stiff politics. If you were to make an address to some of the members who have this mindset, how would you approach it and what would you say to them? Is there a path we haven't considered to get away from this mindset?

Aerineth is saying he'd like to know what the political solution to people hating politics is. And he'd really like you to tell us because we sure don't fuckin know.

The main reason that I wanted to see an evaluation from you is that you're kind of the mysterious being people do not hear from. I have been here for 5.5 years now and have heard from you maybe a handful of times but people have all these kindhearted words and such for you. I wanted to see what you were doing, since most of your work is behind the scenes.. and I'm the type of person who would like to see more community involvement from our highest ranks. 

That being said, your work behind the scenes assists in keeping the clan running and without that work the clan would likely have some struggles to say the least. For this reason, I must vote for you to remain a commander. It'd just be cool to see your face around some more, so you're not some mystical being that most of the clan has never seen other than a few forums posts.

• Commanders
22 hours ago, Hari(OD) said:

Without u cant imagin how this clan will be may be died long time ago Ty for all just let u know you get my support all the time.

Do u have chance to watch PK movie? Here the link

Thanks for your support Hari, I actually downloaded it a few weeks ago, just haven't had the time to watch it yet, but I will surely watch in in the next days. I will post on the original topic when I do.

22 hours ago, Badboi(OD) said:

R.ag, you are the corner stone that holds this community together. Make sure that your prioritizing projects, so we can get the most out of you. Thanks for donating your time and words of wisdom when needed. Remain at rank.

Thanks for the support Badboi, I usually prioritize what I can complete on a short period of time, so at least some work can be done, but let's hope this years is better in terms of completing the bigger projects.

20 hours ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

are you ever gonna quit dodging me for the sc remastered 1v1 ?

and considering I was there when you weren't commander i got your back even tho you are terrible at sc and dodge me OGs

also can i be commander for easter?

Are you actually good at SC? I might consider buying it if you can promise me a good game =p. Are there any other members still playing the game?

About the rest of the questions, my answer is:

2 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

What is your opinion of holding too strictly too our primary 'goal' of Overdosed. That 'goal' in part is guided by the rules of Overdosed. When does upholding our rules, decisions, and ideals ultimately undermine when something happens that we need to change. I refer to the growing concern that we focus too much on the 'rules' of overdosed and not what it means to just focus on gaming.

In some cases, if we're too strict to 'rules and politics', we are criticized for not being in line with the members of the community and are stagnant in our stiff politics. If you were to make an address to some of the members who have this mindset, how would you approach it and what would you say to them? Is there a path we haven't considered to get away from this mindset?

This deserves it's own discussion, but in short words, the answer is: keep it simple.

Rules are made to be followed, any rule in place must be followed, no exceptions. Strict rules should not be made if the community is not in line with them. Ask yourself this question, can the community work without said rule? If so, then don't add rules that are not essential. The less rules we have, the better. Nobody likes to read a giant wall of text of things that you can do or cannot do or are expected to do. Do not bring details to the rules, leave it open for case to case basis and common sense from the leadership. If a rule is causing more harm than good, remove it. Go with the flow, go with majorities, every new system is aiming for simplicity, which we need to adopt too.

49 minutes ago, Terra said:

Aerineth is saying he'd like to know what the political solution to people hating politics is. And he'd really like you to tell us because we sure don't fuckin know.

The reality is that we don't need people who hate politics, participating in politics. Leave them out of it. Let them work in our favor on the things they are good at. We don't need everyone's input, we only need input from those that care.

28 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

The main reason that I wanted to see an evaluation from you is that you're kind of the mysterious being people do not hear from. I have been here for 5.5 years now and have heard from you maybe a handful of times but people have all these kindhearted words and such for you. I wanted to see what you were doing, since most of your work is behind the scenes.. and I'm the type of person who would like to see more community involvement from our highest ranks. 

That being said, your work behind the scenes assists in keeping the clan running and without that work the clan would likely have some struggles to say the least. For this reason, I must vote for you to remain a commander. It'd just be cool to see your face around some more, so you're not some mystical being that most of the clan has never seen other than a few forums posts.

Those that are curious enough have approached to me and got to know me, those that aren't, well, they wont. The door is always open.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 1

A day that R.agnarok gets demoted will be the day I win the lottery. Terra and Aerineth had very good questions, but I have a couple more as well.

1. How would you feel if we recuited say 150 new people in the next year, and only 25 vote, use the forums, etc. Would you see this as a failure? 

2. What do you think makes OD what it is?

Thank you for the response to my question Rag.  While life keep you away at times, when the clan needs you jump into action,  I have seen this first hand if something breaks on the website, you jump into action as soon as possible and work through until it is fixed, sometimes for many hours.

I think this last year you gaming with some of the clan has helped with your visibility a ton, those of us in the upper management so to speak know what you do, until this year a lot of the enlisted members simply did not know who you were, imho this is a huge improvement.  If I am going to be honest it was the biggest concern I had and one that has been addressed.  I support you staying at your rank.

R.ag, I get on it is to be "working in the background" and have people wonder, what do this guy do? I think over the years you have done so much for this community and still, your contributions are so much needed, and the things you do keep us up and running.....I will vote to keep you at commander, however, it would be nice to see you pop in a generals meeting or admin meeting every now and then 😛 thank you for your service to OD

@R.agnarok(OD), In working with you much more closely than before this past year, I know all too well that you do everything humanly possible in keeping us up and running... You have much insightful advice that you give freely when asked / confronted, respond to requests / forum tags thoroughly and in a reasonable amount of time, all while maintaining your "3rd party objectivity" by keeping that small distance between you and the day-to-day operations of the community. This past year has been no exception to you, as I know you've been in VERY high demand with work, handling the sudden huge influx of people working from home and their being able to do their jobs through the portals you maintain for your clients. That said, while it was extremely disappointing in finding out our community's upgrades have been postponed for the foreseeable future, it is also quite understandable, and we can't really fault you on that. I don't really have any questions for you at this time, and as others have stated already, you are a staple / cornerstone of OD for so long that I couldn't even imagine it without you as a Commander. You have my support to remain there, and I look forward to working with you more in the future! :thumbsup: