Community Meeting 3/20 7pm CST ×

My Mummy Our Legend Our Sassy 💔

Hi I’m Perrie-Rose julie daughter 

It is with such a heavy heart to inform you mummy gained her beautiful wings this morning. 💔

So Sorry  if this has become as a shock to all it certainly was a shock to us as a family.  💔

As a person my mum meant the world to me she was my hero always there for us kids & her grandchildren . 💔

but mum had been suffering a lot since my dearest sister lauren passed away ( it’s her birthday today also ) mum always tried to put on a brave face when we lost lauren but she was hurting so much , but she carried on for her family .she not been very well lately that effected us a family because we wasn’t allowed to see her due to lockdown  and due to her illness .💔 

mum brought us up to party like there was no tomorrow live life with no regrets live life to the max and enjoy our journey where ever it took us in life , she always said those things to all 4 of us and my god she did  exactly that  but she did it with that beautiful smile on her face that smile I shall never forget .💔 

I shall never ever forget how strong  my mum was how funny she  was how brave she was and most of all what a mum she was 💔

we know mum loved her gaming and Diablo 2 as a family we have all played it at some point in our life but nothing like MUM did lol at one point we said to her she loved the game more then us - but we know she didn’t  lol , we used to tell her stfu going on about this clan stuff that we knew nothing about , wish I now listened to her because it was something she loved dad hated her on game everyday 24-7 but mum being mum told him to fuck off im playing ha ha ha that was my mum all over never held her mouth we loved her for it .💔 

we as a family are going to make a box up of all our memories of mum and what she loved what she loved doing , so would all her friends could you post something about mum we will get them printed off and add to her box , then  we can look back at them just to keep her legacy going . 💔

I’d like to finish by saying thank you all for being a friend to my mum making her gaming days a fun one  one love stay blessed Perrie-Rose 💔💔💔💔 

• Sad 11
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I’m Perrie-Rose julie daughter  It is with such a heavy heart to inform you mummy gained her beautiful wings this morning. 💔 So Sorry  if this has become as a shock to all it certainly wa

I would like to thank each and everyone that took the time to post something about my mother I shall be printing off each of these lovely posts on Friday to be added to her memory box we have started

Evening ever time I try to reply to all of you lovely people’s messages I just break down and cry , it’s very hard for me to take in that a gaming community could love a human being so much like my mo

Posted Images

When I was notified not even an hour ago, I was shocked. It was a blow I wasn't prepared for. I'm still in a bit of shock. I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. We as a community grieve alongside you.

Sassy wasn't just a member of our community, and she wasn't just a member or leader for Diablo 2 here. Sassy was family. She's easily one of the most trusted and loved members that have ever graced this community. Now there is a huge void left where she was, but we must remember all of our memories, for in our memories she lives. I'll always look back to when she had trouble saying my name.. so she decided that instead, she'd just call me Cookie. Oh how I wish I could talk to her again. 

Never waste the time with your loved ones, because you never know when might be the last day you'll spend with them. As with many others who have come and gone in OD, their passing never gets any easier.. and I wish for just one more day with them all. My heart goes out to you and your family in this exceedingly difficult time. While you may not have known much about our community, I promise you, the community grieves just as closely as the immediate family. Sassy was practically our mother as well. There isn't an individual here that wasn't positively affected by Sassy in some way.

I'll always remember you Sassy and will always miss you calling me Cookie. My heart aches for the loss but know that your suffering has ended now. With every ounce of my heart I wish you restful peace and one day we will see each other again on the other side. Love you Sassy!

You are certainly your mother's daughter, even the way you write your post is exactly the same style and manner that Sassy writes in.

Sassy is iconic to OD, she made the D2 Division what it was, and the D2 Division made OD what it is. A lot of the greatest gamers, Officers, and Generals that we have right now came into OD under her guidance. If you don't know much about what she did in OD, then just know that she bettered the lives of hundreds of people during her time here, and the effects of her actions while she was here will continue to live on in the years to come as a legacy of the difference she made in life.

Thank you for you’re kind words do you mind me using what you have posted for mums memory box ? 
Oh I am my mothers daughter even  the way we speak is that good or bad ha ha . 

Words are hard to come by after hearing the news of Julie's passing... She always had a way of putting a smile on your face, no matter what was going on in her life or yours, be it giving you a nickname, asking for help in doing or dealing with something, or just saying hello and chatting it up. Despite the many stressful times over the years, it was always a riot when she was online in voice chat.  Although I never had the pleasure of playing D2 with her, we both always made it a point to stop in and chat for a bit whenever we were both online... She is by far, OD's top recruiter for a reason, and she will be missed greatly. Although it is quite a shock to me and it saddens me greatly that we won't have the pleasure of her company any longer, I take solace in knowing that she can finally be at peace next to her Lauren & Harvey, looking down and watching over us all. 

Thank you, Perrie-Rose, for taking the time to make this difficult post, and know that we are with you & your family in sharing countless great memories with her. My most heartfelt sympathies to you and yours, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

"keep it Sassy, Sassy"

~Compfreak

Total shock I thought that she was getting better. She will be missed by many and will always be remembered. I know that she was dealt some devastating blows in the last couple years but she tried to move on and continue to spread her brand of English sassiness. My love and prayers to your family thank you for letting us all know.

• Like 1

Really at a loss for words, saw it on FB.. Sausage Rolls/Posh/Welsh... Lots of crazy goofy random talks of bs... RIP Julie..  Save us all a seat.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sassy said:

we used to tell her stfu going on about this clan stuff that we knew nothing about , wish I now listened to her because it was something she loved dad hated her on game everyday 24-7 but mum being mum told him to fuck off im playing ha ha ha

You're mother was a sweetheart, Perrie-Rose and will be missed. Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

I have this image of her telling your father to "fuck off". I too have been on the receiving end of the "fuck off and let me finish my story!" and it's giving me giggles. 

"wish I now listened to her" Most players on this forum will have fond memories of her (gaming related or not) if you ever need a mood-lifter story, ask away. It may lighten other moods as well.

• Love 1

Your mother Julie was often a light in people’s lives and a beacon people flocked to when times were dark for them. I know there were times when I needed a pick me up where I found myself having a laugh with Sassy. She always some how knew what to say to crack me up. 

She will me missed by many. I hope you and yours find peace in such a hard time. 

• Love 1

Sad sad news...May you and your family find peace at this time. Julie lived right up to her Sassy name here, She will be missed greatly. She put herself into the betterment of this Clan!! R.I.P Angel

• Love 1

i am so sorry for the loss i played with sassy quite often she was a very good high spirited person.. i didnt even know she was sick i am so sorry for your loss she will be deeply missed 😞❤️ lilg(OD)

• Love 1

This is horrible news. I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Julie was a very welcoming and kind person who was thoroughly engaging. I'm very happy I had the opportunity to "emeet" her.

I wish you and your family all the best  and I hope that she is with your sister again.

My sincerest condolences.

• Love 1

i am shocked at a loss for words and in tears right now.....no one will ever replace your void Julie.   None of this would be what it is today without your influence.  

How could you leave us you beat fucking CANCER ......   pepehands.

i will never forget you 

• Love 1

I have been trying to find the words to say since you told me about Miss Julie this morning, Perrie. I've spent much of today trying to make sure that the people who were closest to her here knew.. and haven't really thought about it myself.

Now that the evening has arrived and I've had some time to think, this actually breaks my heart. I knew it hurt when it brought me to tears earlier but I didn't realize quite how much it hurt. Julie was someone who helped me get through my darkest of times. She pushed me to keep on with college when I wanted to give up, kept my head up when I wanted to break and let it all go. She talked me through my darkest of emotions, when I wanted to end it all and not give anything a second thought. She helped me re-involve myself with this community, gave me a safe spot in voice channels with people who were kind when I thought there were no kind people left. Let me sit and chill, let me laugh a good bit when I thought I didn't have a place here. Offered me a brief home even when I didn't play her game lmao. She gave and she gave and she gave, and I think that's what I will always remember her for. She gave and made it a point to ensure the people close to her were taken care of and loved.. and I will never forget that feeling and that love that she gave. I make the little joke that she was like my second mother, the person who looked after me when my mother couldn't cuz of distance and such. I will truly miss that.

Julie was a breath of fresh air, an amusing Brit with no filter but we loved that about her. She would tell you how it was without a single regret and that was kind of cool to see. The community has lost a force to be reckoned with today. A good chunk of the members we have today probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for Miss Julie.. and it's a loss that is hitting is all very hard. 

Perrie, I hope at this point you know that we are holding your family in our thoughts and are sending you all our love and hugs. I offer my sincerest of condolences and wish for nothing but healing and peace to you and yours. Miss Julie is flying high & resting easy I'm sure, looking after your sister and keeping all of us a warm seat ready for when we are ready to meet her again ❤️ 

• Love 1

This is from a former member Who was a very good friend with Julie they are Banned but they wanted me to Post their condolences so it can be added to the print off Keep the drama off this as you may not like the person I have another friend that would like to add his condolences under similar circumstances

Greetings,It is with a heavy heart that we mourn the passing of Julie aka Sassy(OD). Not only was she a stellar general, but she was also a loving and caring mother and nan. Julie has been the one to support me from the beginning to the end of my time in clan Overdosed. She was also an amazing friend and something of a mother figure to us all. Though we are pained by the loss of this kind soul, it is best that we remember Sassy for the witty, wise, loving person that she was.
[9:31 PM]
- Ray

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I will miss Sassy, She was a great recruiter, i loved it when she went onto the bot in her channel and and helped me with recruiting and many others with recruiting. I also will miss her blizz sorc that she made time and time again that was totally badass and was a fun grusher in softcore ladder. RIP Sassy. I hope your next life is as eventful and helpful to others as you were to this clan.

• Love 1

For those who didn't know Sassy, She was one of Overdosed Gaming's most influential leaders.  She hosted events, chatted with everyone in the community, and recruited a majority of the members.  More importantly, she was a kind and generous person.  If you have the time please show some love, for she will be greatly missed

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Much love. I wanted to visit her. I will hope to visit her still in the future. Huggs to everyone. MY fiance and I really loved Julie alot.

I Really want to pay my respects to her and your family.  My Email is Mr.Leochase@gmail.com

• Love 1

Thats a tough break. Had a way with words that one. Gonna really miss all the chats and witty banter back and forth. I knew if I ever made a trip out to the UK, I would of made an effort to get in touch.

Best wishes to the family and friends. We only got a taste of that beautiful, bubbly, C word droppin Gem.

• Love 1

Perrie-Rose,

I don't even know where to start.  Julie will be truly missed.  Many prayers and love too your family.  She meant so much to so many.  As colorful as her language was, and as cutting as her wit could be, she will be remembered more for her caring and nurturing way.  She recruited and helped promote more clan members than anyone ever has in OD and that was a testament of her love of life, family and friends.  She lit up every room she entered and everyone flocked to her.  She endured a lot these last couple of years but kept her chin up, a brave face and a cheery presence.  I am sure she has received her wings, feels no pain, is at peace, and has joined your sister, Lauren.  We were all lucky to have been a part of her life.  Thanks for sharing her with us.

Ricky

• Love 1