Admin Meeting Oct 25th, 6pm cst ×
Community Meeting 10/24 6pm CST ×
Raged(OD)

Raged's 1st Eval. September 2020

13 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Congrats on your first Eval. I think some tough questions have been presented. Should you move on to phase 2 I hope we get the opportunity to interact more. Goodluck!

Thanks Dabomb I appreciate it, and I'm looking forward to possibly interacting more in the future. 🙂

12 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

What is your most favorite and least favorite experience in OD and how have they helped you to grow as a leader?

I'll start out with my least favorite, and go into my favorite because they kind of coincide together.

My least favorite experience in OD would have to be when I was running the Diablo 3 division a couple years back, and I let myself get burned out. Don't get me wrong I had a great time while it lasted, but that's the thing is it didn't last. I was trying to do so much by myself at the time that I got burned out after 3-4 months if I remember correctly. This helped me grow as a leader because it made me realize later on that I should have reached out to people in my division for help, and delegated some things to other people so I could've avoided burning myself out. This experience also taught me the importance of looking for members who have an interest in doing more than just gaming such as recruiting, hosting events, etc.

My favorite experience in OD would have to be currently helping lead the Halo division. I have had a great time working with @JD(OD), @Zakspeeeed(OD), and @SprucePumpkin01 so far this year. This experience has helped me grow as a leader because it has shown me how valuable and rewarding working with a team really is. It has also helped me grow because I've had the opportunity to apply the things I learned from the mistakes I made when I was running Diablo 3. With Diablo 3 it got to the point where everything I did felt like a job or a chore, but with Halo I've found a good balance, I'm part of an awesome team, and I'm doing what I enjoy.

-Raged(OD)😁

• Like 1

I don't have a whole lot to say here, other than Raged is a great guy to work with and has supported the Halo Division so much these past few months and when we were just getting started. Recruitment is the life and blood of a division and Raged understands this fully. He's a pillar to the Halo Division.

That being said, you have expressed concerns about burnout. You did come back like you said in April or so, and you didn't leave the division behind like you said you wouldn't, but do pace yourself. Spruce, JD, and I are here for you and we can run the division but not to its fullest extent without you. You are truly one of our greatest assets.

Good luck on your promotion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zakspeeeed(OD) said:

I don't have a whole lot to say here, other than Raged is a great guy to work with and has supported the Halo Division so much these past few months and when we were just getting started. Recruitment is the life and blood of a division and Raged understands this fully. He's a pillar to the Halo Division.

That being said, you have expressed concerns about burnout. You did come back like you said in April or so, and you didn't leave the division behind like you said you wouldn't, but do pace yourself. Spruce, JD, and I are here for you and we can run the division but not to its fullest extent without you. You are truly one of our greatest assets.

Good luck on your promotion.

Thanks Zak! I appreciate all the kind words. 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

You've been around forever and that should bring some good stuff to the table.. Look forward to hearing from you and you've got my vote @Raged(OD) --- gl!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

You've been around forever and that should bring some good stuff to the table.. Look forward to hearing from you and you've got my vote @Raged(OD) --- gl!

Thanks MooMoo! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

Raged, as someone you’ve worked with before in OW. I have full confidence that you’ll make a great addition to our team. Thank you and remember an OD/Life balance. With super recruiters like you and Julie, there’s always risk of burnout. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badboi(OD) said:

Raged, as someone you’ve worked with before in OW. I have full confidence that you’ll make a great addition to our team. Thank you and remember an OD/Life balance. With super recruiters like you and Julie, there’s always risk of burnout. 

Thank you Frank! I appreciate your advice, and kind words. 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

I do not have any questions for you at this time, the only thing I am remotely concerned about is your ability to remain not burned out.

You are clearly a leader at heart and your accomplishments are hefty. If you can continue to be active and continue to do the work you're already doing/involving yourself in an administration level, I have no problem with supporting your promotion to the General squad 🙂

Edited by MelodicRose(OD)
  • Like 2

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for all you have done for OD over the many years. You have been a cornerstone for many divisions that have come and gone (and come back), and have exceeded most expectations whenever you put your mind to it - Well done!  

All that said, I do have a concern regarding the number of times you've left the community over the years, and while you have been known to go all out and give 120% when you are here, the pattern suggests that you end up 'burning out' pretty regularly, as others have mentioned... Finding a balance, as most things in life, is one of the first steps for success. Once you have found where your balance lies, it requires constant attention to maintain. With the added powers of being a General in OD, comes added responsibilities and expectations, often requiring an adjustment in that balance. 

My first question to you, is to ask what steps you have taken to address this, and find your personal balance between OD and your RL responsibilities / obligations, so that it reduces the chances of you "burning out"?

My second question, is do you think you will be able to keep that balance with the added expectations and responsibilities of being a general in OD?

I thank you for the time and effort you've put into this eval thus far, and look forward to your response!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I do not have any questions for you at this time, the only thing I am remotely concerned about is your ability to remain not burned out.

You are clearly a leader at heart and your accomplishments are hefty. If you can continue to be active and continue to do the work you're already doing/involving yourself in an administration level, I have no problem with supporting your promotion to the General squad 🙂

Thanks Kait! I appreciate everything you said, and for taking the time to post on my eval. 🙂

4 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

All that said, I do have a concern regarding the number of times you've left the community over the years, and while you have been known to go all out and give 120% when you are here, the pattern suggests that you end up 'burning out' pretty regularly, as others have mentioned... Finding a balance, as most things in life, is one of the first steps for success. Once you have found where your balance lies, it requires constant attention to maintain. With the added powers of being a General in OD, comes added responsibilities and expectations, often requiring an adjustment in that balance.

I'd like to explain my disablement record. While I can see how it look like I have a record of getting "burned out" and leaving, but the truth is only 1 of the times I left OD was due to being burnt out. There was another time that I spoke of already where I was burned out after leading Diablo 3, but I didn't take disablement that time. I asked for a demotion to MWO5, and took a break for a while.

From what I remember the first 4 out of 5 disablements happened mainly because I stopped playing any OD main games, and back then there wasn't a "Community" option. I believe the other disablement out of those 5 was because I wanted recruited under the name Firebird(OD) since back then they rarely even considered giving name changes.

The next 3 disablements happened because during those years I went through a time where I didn't steadily have a PC. I would use my parents PC when I lived with them, but then I'd get kicked out or just leave their house many times due to not wanting to follow their rules.

The disablement after that happened because I moved into my first apartment, and didn't have internet for over a year.

The next disablement happened because during that time I started renting my first house, and all I cared about was partying all the time so I didn't have must interest in playing games. I only rejoined so I could have some people to play Diablo 2 with for a while.

My 11th disablement happened because I was spending way too much time involved in the clan and gaming. I didn't keep a good balance between that, and spending time with my wife so I quit gaming completely for a while.

The last time I was disabled happened because I was dealing with depression, and lost all passion and desire for anything. Everything felt boring to me, and it sucked. Thankfully I went to a counselor, got treatment, continued praying, and ended up having a complete 180 which is when I came back at the end of last December.

My first question to you, is to ask what steps you have taken to address this, and find your personal balance between OD and your RL responsibilities / obligations, so that it reduces the chances of you "burning out"?

I am able to keep a balance between OD and my RL responsibilities / obligations because I set aside time every day specifically for both. Before I would just game and be involved in the clan for hours on end without making plans or time for my friends, family, or my wife. Another thing that has helped me keep a good balance is having a leadership team to work with as opposed to running a division alone. These days I have what feels like a perfect balance between OD, and RL.

My second question, is do you think you will be able to keep that balance with the added expectations and responsibilities of being a general in OD?

Yes I feel confident that I'll be able to continue keeping a good balance with the added expectations and responsibilities of being a General in OD.

I thank you for the time and effort you've put into this eval thus far, and look forward to your response!

Thank you for your questions as well as the kind things you said in your post Comp. I appreciate it! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Raged,

After watching how your eval has played out since my last post here. I've decided to support your promotion to 1*.

Honestly I wasn't even really on the fence. But I wanted to see how you handled your evaluation. You've done so I think to the best of your ability and it shows.

Good luck! 🙂 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JD(OD) said:

Raged,

After watching how your eval has played out since my last post here. I've decided to support your promotion to 1*.

Honestly I wasn't even really on the fence. But I wanted to see how you handled your evaluation. You've done so I think to the best of your ability and it shows.

Good luck! 🙂 

Thanks JD. I really appreciate it! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

18 hours ago, Raged(OD) said:

Thanks Kait! I appreciate everything you said, and for taking the time to post on my eval. 🙂

I'd like to explain my disablement record. While I can see how it look like I have a record of getting "burned out" and leaving, but the truth is only 1 of the times I left OD was due to being burnt out. There was another time that I spoke of already where I was burned out after leading Diablo 3, but I didn't take disablement that time. I asked for a demotion to MWO5, and took a break for a while.

From what I remember the first 4 out of 5 disablements happened mainly because I stopped playing any OD main games, and back then there wasn't a "Community" option. I believe the other disablement out of those 5 was because I wanted recruited under the name Firebird(OD) since back then they rarely even considered giving name changes.

The next 3 disablements happened because during those years I went through a time where I didn't steadily have a PC. I would use my parents PC when I lived with them, but then I'd get kicked out or just leave their house many times due to not wanting to follow their rules.

The disablement after that happened because I moved into my first apartment, and didn't have internet for over a year.

The next disablement happened because during that time I started renting my first house, and all I cared about was partying all the time so I didn't have must interest in playing games. I only rejoined so I could have some people to play Diablo 2 with for a while.

My 11th disablement happened because I was spending way too much time involved in the clan and gaming. I didn't keep a good balance between that, and spending time with my wife so I quit gaming completely for a while.

The last time I was disabled happened because I was dealing with depression, and lost all passion and desire for anything. Everything felt boring to me, and it sucked. Thankfully I went to a counselor, got treatment, continued praying, and ended up having a complete 180 which is when I came back at the end of last December.

I am able to keep a balance between OD and my RL responsibilities / obligations because I set aside time every day specifically for both. Before I would just game and be involved in the clan for hours on end without making plans or time for my friends, family, or my wife. Another thing that has helped me keep a good balance is having a leadership team to work with as opposed to running a division alone. These days I have what feels like a perfect balance between OD, and RL.

Yes I feel confident that I'll be able to continue keeping a good balance with the added expectations and responsibilities of being a General in OD.

Thank you for your questions as well as the kind things you said in your post Comp. I appreciate it! 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁

Thank you for that detailed response @Raged(OD), it definitely helped to clarify things and set some of my earlier concerns at ease. I look forward to working with you and the perspective you can bring to topics of conversation at the General level. You have my support for the rank of Brig. General. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Thank you for that detailed response @Raged(OD), it definitely helped to clarify things and set some of my earlier concerns at ease. I look forward to working with you and the perspective you can bring to topics of conversation at the General level. You have my support for the rank of Brig. General. :thumbsup:

Thanks Comp! I look forward to it as well. 🙂

-Raged(OD)😁