Sign in to follow this  
SuNSeT

Retiring

Fit in or F-Off 

Its been a long time coming, and I can't justify sticking around anymore. I've been vocal over issues in the past few years, and I keep getting hit by this revolving door of zero action...so its in my, and OD's best interest to part ways. I'm not going to get drawn into a debate over this. Selfishness is restricting growth. OD has a lot of gaming first mentality players, and these people need to be given a shot, rather then bombarded with the forums, admin, evals etc. The balance just isn't there and I don't wanna keep being the "bad guy". I don't enjoy it, and I find this community to be more stressful then enjoyable.

On a more positive note, I've been fortunate to meet some stellar individuals over the years. Gotten to know members outside of gaming and OD. Watched people grow, and dedicate countless hours to trying to improve the community. I thank everyone who gamed with myself on a regular basis, participated in tournaments, and shot the shit on discord. We had some good times, and I'll be around from time to time I'm sure.

@DBZ(OD) @MooMoo(OD) @Rich(OD)

Kind of the last Mohicans, although; Jared left, he will still get notifications when hes linked 😉

Thanks for all the duels, laughs, teachings etc. You 3 are all solid individuals in and outside of OD, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you guys. My jsp isn't changing so you know how to contact me.

@Sassy @PoPs(OD)

We had some rough patches in the beginning, but time seemed to heal those wounds. Julies retirement probably expediated mine, but D2 still has the brick shithouse - Pops, he will keep that division striving to improve and continue being a dominant force in OD

@Triny(OD)

I wish you the best moving forward. Life throws you lemons even at the best of times, learn to enjoy those lemons even if they're battered and bruised.

@Purplez(OD)

Cindy good luck with the div, you've found a home in the division, and I hope yourself and pops can keep things going. Remember to put the gaming people in leadership positions, cover for their short comings on the forums, it doesn't improve the division having too many hands in the cookie jar.

@Froggie420(OD)

You are the future of the division as far as gaming goes. Even if I always think you are from Quebec

@spark2many(od)

I think we would probably be good friends outside of gaming. Maybe one day I'll get a gig down in that neck of the woods and we can crush a couple quick dozen cold ones.

There is a ton of members here I know I'm forgetting but I want this to be short and sweet. Some of you older cunts I've given a shout out on previous retirements - @Tris(OD) @Aerineth(OD) @R.agnarok(OD) @Badboi(OD) @TypeReaL(OD) @Hari(OD) @snicker66(OD)

I wish everyone the best moving forward

@Badboi(OD) disable me

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hey @SuNSeT I wish you the best man. You've always been a super solid member that I've looked up to over the years because you've never been afraid to speak your mind even when no one or very few people agree with you. Another reason is because you've always had a strong passion for OD and have tried to make it a better place for everyone. I'd ask you to reconsider, but it seems like your mind is already made up. I'm gonna miss you man. If you ever wanna talk hit me up on Discord.

-Raged(OD)😁

• Like 1

I won't say good bye Kevin since I know you will still be coming around.  You add such a unique flavor to any game you choose to play, as well as providing your unvarnished opinion.  I do hate to see you leave again, but totally understand it.  I'm always up to game with you, just give me a shout.  Take care my friend!

Ive felt that same door before, a few times it feels like based on the bruising I got.. Lol besides that man I wish ya the best, Im sure ill see you around somewhere. Be smooth and stay out of trouble..

• Like 1

when I come to kelowna we will get rocked

Damn yall dropping like flies.. Ill miss ya kev. Look me up on fb. Best of luck to ya!

Ps: in from ohio,usa.

• Love 1

I am sorry to see you go, I do think OD will be a bit lesser without you, but I know sometimes taking a leave can be the best choice sadly. I wish you the best of luck and wishes moving forward, and I wished we could of talked some more. 

Kev I wasn’t surprised to see this coming after our chat the other day , we sure had fun while it lasted I’ll definitely keep in touch with you because you’re such great guy with no ducks given take care chat soon 💙

• Like 1

@SuNSeT,

I can't say I'm not very disappointed in your resignation from the clan, especially after all the work you put in to you passing your eval recently to join the General ranks again, but I respect your decision. If at all possible for you, I'd like to invite you to discuss your concerns a bit more in detail, perhaps in a private setting with me before you leave? (not a request for a debate, rather I'd like to hear what you have to say, as you haven't really expressed these kind of concerns before now)... Although we haven't really had a chance to game together much, I wish you the best in your future endeavors, and look forward to a conversation with you 1 on 1. 

All the best, 

~Comp

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Its sad you and @Sassy leaving 

both of you re-consider about it . We have problems chk other options before leaving

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Hari(OD) said:

Its sad you and @Sassy leaving 

both of you re-consider about it . We have problems chk other options before leaving

Thank you hari but I would need a couple of months away to get my family life completely settled with my grandkids if I could IA for that amount time then I’d do it but I’d rather resign then come back 

sad to see you go kev.... was always fun running games with ya and short talks here n there. hope to see you still around ><

• Like 1

Dang Kev,

Nothing but respect for ya!  Gonna miss you man.  With you Jason and Jared gone, PVP will be awful quiet.  Maybe one day you can come back and bring Jared with ya.  It would be a huge bonus to have Julie once she gets things situated.  I have only been around 4 years...but I have seen a lot of good folks go.  Good luck and keep in touch.

• Like 1

You and I go way back, let me know when I can come work out in the oil fields

• Like 1

I'm starting to think you only join the General ranks to troll us at this point.

I can't say I fully understand your reasons for leaving, I know you had very different values and priorities in the Clan from some of us, but I always felt like you fulfilled a very important role because of it. You are certain there is no way to reconcile these differences and work things out?

• Like 1

Well long story short I'm more burnt out on repeating myself. Issues were raised before I stepped down from gen ranks. Theres no hidden agenda , and if you care to take the time to look into it, they are posted on the generals forums dating probably well over a year.

Anyways @Terra @CompFreak(OD) if you manage to catch me on discord one of these days we can have a chat. But like I said, I think our views on improvements are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I do wish you guys the best moving forward though.

Thanks everyone again, its been a pleasure.

@snicker66(OD) we gotta turn you into a sexual tyrannosaurus first...and you don't wanna be in my line of work...its for idiots

Wish you nothing but the best 😕 I am sad that I did not get to see a lot of your prior discussions and was kind of looking forward to seeing what you brought to the table as a fellow newish (not so new i suppose for you) general. I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you'll still pop in from time to time

@SuNSeT Sucks to see you go man, was always nice chatting to ya whenever I seen you on. I get it though, seems to me that there is wayyyyyy too much time spent on the forums for a clan that is based on gaming I agree 100%. D2 is always a fun game and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon so I will see you around brother, if you ever see me on Discord send me a message! wish you the best moving forward in your gaming/life. Another good 1 lost.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

Anyways Terra, Compfreak, if you manage to catch me on discord one of these days we can have a chat. But like I said, I think our views on improvements are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I do wish you guys the best moving forward though.

If I do see you on discord then I think I'll take you up on that. I can understand the frustration of the Clan moving in a direction different from what you think it should, but it is because your perspective was so different that it had so much value, and made it worth hearing even if we didn't always go with it. Without you, there will be no one to represent that point of view at all. But if you feel you've had enough then I can't blame you for heading out. Anyone would get tired of making little progress towards their goals after a while.

7 hours ago, RedIce(OD) said:

I get it though, seems to me that there is wayyyyyy too much time spent on the forums for a clan that is based on gaming I agree 100%.

The amount of time members spend on the forum nowadays is among the lowest in OD's history. During the first 12 years since its creation the activity on the forum dwarfed anything we have right now. We all love gaming, but that doesn't mean we can't do other things at the same time. Some people love talking, discussing, and connecting with others too.

Resignation accepted. Rank on the website, forum, and discord has been changed.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Terra said:

The amount of time members spend on the forum nowadays is among the lowest in OD's history. During the first 12 years since its creation the activity on the forum dwarfed anything we have right now. We all love gaming, but that doesn't mean we can't do other things at the same time. Some people love talking, discussing, and connecting with others too.

@Terra

Sure is and there is a reason for it, using forums is "outdated" at this point but you will still have a few here and there that have grown up using forums and are familiar with it and use it to keep up on things. I joined the clan for the first time in March of 2003 when the website was being put together and helped with it quite a bit. At that time we used the website pretty much how we still do now to have members login so we know who is active. The main purpose of using the website was to use the DSL function to keep the members list more up-to-date to know who is not around anymore and who still plays. We spent 90% of our time on the gaming client and maybe an hour a week logging in on the website here and there and browsing other members. The clan had over 100 members (All Starcraft Broodwar) at that time and we did not support other gaming platforms or games. Nowadays we have 6 main games on the website and I believe the forums is a good use to keep all of the divisions on the same page and together and the meetings as well. The sub forums section for uploading replays and such is a great use aswell, but as far as the 27  post/reply threads where we are just discussing all of our opinions and such I think it would be easier to iron all of that kind of stuff out in voice chats on discord where it can be handled in a much more timely manner and we can see it from all of our points of views. As you can see at the top this post it was about @SuNSeT resigning from the clan, and here we are discussing how much the forums are used.

Edited by RedIce(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Sorry Kev. It looks like I was a couple days late. But I feel ya mans.

Peace out sunset - I know I'm a little late. Been tied up - you know how it is. It was real man, give me a shout if you end up on this side of the border.

Best of luck