Admin Meeting Oct 25th, 6pm cst ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sassy

[RESOLVED]Heartbreaking post

It’s with such a heavy heavy heart that I must do this , I never thought this day would come but it has I have to hang up my SASSY boots I know a lot people will be shocked and upset to see this I’m heartbroken to do this   , yes I could have put ia in but I can’t be bothered with the crap like before that in it’s self was horrible to deal with ...

life taken a big change on my life 2 of my grandchildren have come to live with me so it does not give me much time to do what’s needed for the clan I absolutely love and has played big part of my life since 2014... 

Over the years I have made some really great friends and they will be friends for life  I shall never forget the good times the bad times the laughter and tears oh and drunken times  I’ve had With many of you ... 

i am going to miss each and everyone of you dearly BUT I will pop on here and discord to say hello and have a chin wag I just couldn’t not keep away forever ... 

it’s been an absolute pleasure recruiting each and everyone MY recruits 3 which have made it to generals ( hope I make it to the hall of fame as OD best ever recruiter with 314 recruits behind me ) that’s one thing I really will miss is recruiting for my second family ... 

I know  pops is so against me leaving but life has really changed for myself I can’t see any way juggling both at the moment maybe in couple months il come back but who knows .. 

few people to mention that helped me along the way 

@Badboi(OD) frank the biggest troll going but most level headed bloke there is great friend had many a laughs with and his beautiful wife mel I shall miss dearly and he loves FOOTBALL 

@Terra  you played big part my journey in Od wether it be to tell me off or give me great advise il be forever grateful for that 

@CompFreak(OD) he always helped me when I needed it even if I spelt things wrong or didn’t make sense he got it lol 

@Aerineth(OD) I’ll always remember the day I called you cookie because I couldn’t say you’re bloody name and for listening to me on fb when I needed someone to talk to and I shall never forget you always saying LOL on ts or discord 

@JD(OD) for never ever judging when I went to you to rant or just get things off my chest or just to talk to you about everyday things that happen in my life I’ll will forever be grateful for the friendship we have also 

@SuNSeT this dude right here <<  with no fucks given   always loved our chats was a lot like me said what we felt but could get us in trouble by saying it but that’s were the NO FUCKS given came into play Kevin I am really going to miss you dude we become great friends always had each other’s back I won’t ever forget you kev ever keep being who you are don’t change for no fucker 🙂 

@ZBTtarget(OD) Justin what can I say apart from thanks for always being there and still being there 

@Daterminaytah(OD)mike one my longest friends not only in OD but game we been best friends for over 10 years I will definitely miss him and his family  

@MelodicRose(OD) Kait I always had faith in everything you do I’m so glad that we became such great friends forever keep doing what you’re doing darling love you to bits always will sweetheart  thank you for being there for me 💕💕

@PoPs(OD) left you to last because we really have been on a crazy journey together there’s been ups downs but we got there together because we was such team a team I shall never forget you have always been there for me no matter what situation it’s been you even become friends with my old man tony lol I feel terrible to be leaving you this is the hardest bit for me leaving OD because of you but I know you got this you have great people around you I’m going to miss you dearly James 😢😢

My last thank you to great friends made along the way 

@Triny(OD) @Froggie420(OD) @JR(OD)@RadarRick(OD)@BayButcher(OD) @Purplez(OD) @TypeReaL(OD) this is very hard trying tag everyone tears starting to roll down my face so il say my good byes now sorry to everyone I missed tagging 😢😢 

just seen my bestest  buddy SHON   @Dabomb(OD)been re-enabled so I must leave him a message also 

well my journey into leadership started with this wanker and what a journey it was boy did we have some UP’S and DOWN’S but we never gave up we carried on through it all he gave me the encouragement to never doubt myself but I always did he was a shoulder to cry on when shit hit the fan with real life stuff he was there with me through my bad time suffering from breast cancer he always picked me up when I was down he truly is one the best friends I made in OD I’m truly grateful to call him my friend much love shon 💙💙 

@Sabby(OD) hailey I know you still read the forums but no longer in OD with all what was going on posting this I forgot you . You really are one of a kind too not shy to say how you feel you truly are such amazing person sure knows how to game girl I love you to bits girl keep being who you are dont change for no one 💗💗

Dont ever forget the mad Brit I’m going to miss everyone dearly but I will pop back now and again 

love you all Sas 😘😘

Edited by Sassy
  • Sad 6

Life's journey can be painful and heartbreaking that's for damn sure.  You have invested so much of yourself in the Clan and given so much.  Of course, you will make the Hall of Fame with 314 recruits.  I doubt anybody will ever exceed that major accomplishment.  I know you will make many memories for yourself and your grandchildren.  They are lucky to have you in their life.  Take care of yourself too though.  And, yes, we need you to keep dropping by Discord with that crazy English accent.  I wish you only the very best!

• Love 1

You been through alot Sas and I could tell you sometime when you get a chance why sometimes leaving is the best thing you can do. Know you left a huge legacy here in OD and many hearts you have won. I always enjoyed our chats Julie, and I wished we could talk much more before this, but I think you are making the right choice. Your family is lucky to have you and those grand kids of yours will be better for having you in your life, so do what you have to do for them. 

Live your best life with much love and happiness 

• Love 1

Sassy,

You've been a rock for the community propping your division up with members for a long time now. You've been a stunning and proud leader that gets the job done and always tries to do what's best for you and yours. There's few members that are worth their salt that don't at least know your name because of your achievements & exploits in our community over the last several years. 

You will be sorely missed my friend. Your cheery voice and happy attitude and silly chats sometimes about nothing at all have always been something I've cherished. 

I've always been happy to be a rock for you in OD and just as a friend. You've meant a lot to me and I know a lot of other people in the community. 

But, as sad as I am to see you leave. I'm glad you're putting yourself first. The last few years have been rough and I know life just doesn't seem to be slowing down for you. 

Just know that no matter what we'll always be here for you and we're no more than a poke away ever. 

You'll forever be our Favorite Sassy General. 

❤️ 

• Love 1

Julie,

This resignation has come as a bit of a shock to me here... While I'm very saddened to see you go, we do pride ourselves on the fact that family comes first and foremost, and respect your decision to do what you need to do so that you find your balance in life... You've had quite a career here in OD, and as others have said already, I don't see anyone even coming close to your achievements in recruiting any time soon! The absence of your particular brand of "sass" will most definitely be felt across the community, and that only goes to show you how much we will miss you around here...

We have had some pretty great times haven't we though, during the worse times in dealing with "clan drama", but more memorably, just chatting in voice chat (discord / teamspeak) and having laughs together! I wish you all the best, and know that we're always here for ya if you need to chat!  So don't be a stranger from time to time, because we'll hold you to your promise... After all, like it or not, we are your extended family, and need our occasional dose of sassy-ness too! 😉

As always, keep it  @Sassy :thumbsup:

~Comp

• Love 1

I'm very saddened by this post, but I can completely understand your reasoning for leaving. You will probably be very limited on time taking care of 2 little ones. I believe we became friends in 2014 or 2015, and have reconnected every time I've left and came back since then. I've always enjoyed talking on voice or text chat, and I've always felt like I could talk to you about anything. You've done more for OD than most members will ever do, and your accomplishments speak for themselves. Me and the rest of the clan will miss you dearly. If you ever need anyone to talk you know where to find me. ❤

P.S. Enjoy being #1 while you still can. 😉

-Raged(OD)😁

• Love 1

well shit there goes the neighborhood! RIP

WISH YA DA BEST SASS..

• Love 1

Not too active anymore, ill keep my dsl low but thats about it rn because i play a game nobody plays, besides the points. We've had out differences but it's saddening to see you go. Hope you come back some-point. I had to comment on this post. And I hope you're doing well and wish you well in the future

• Love 1

JULIEEEEEE WHAT NO

• Love 1

Julie @Sassy u cant leave. You r the number 1 reaaon ive stuck it out..  I am not abl e to read ur post while riding home.. Its so bumpy.  But i lovevu girl u better keep in touch!

• Love 1

@Sassy family comes first before anything. I respect your decision and I would do the same if it came down to that myself. I'm so grateful for have meeting such a loving, friendly, funny, lots of swearing person that I got to know on a personal lvl and got along with on here and it hurts to say goodbye. I'm sure we all will miss you and your voice greatly cus i know I will.  I hope this isn't a "goodbye" but a "see you later".  Love you lots Julie!!!!

-JR ❤️, talk to you soon!

• Love 1

If you think this is what's best then I respect your decision. 6 years is a lot of time to dedicate to the Clan, and I count us lucky to have had you as long as we did. You have some big shoes to fill, but perhaps there is someone in the Clan with the potential to fill it, and your departure will mark the debut of the next historical figure to rise in OD. And if we continue to be lucky then maybe their legacy will rival yours someday.

As per protocol we'll wait 48 hours before actually disabling you. You know, in case you want to change your mind.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I too wish you well and will miss you!  We never really got to hang out all that much, but I will never forget you, and your tireless efforts on behalf of the clan.  Hope your grand kids are a blessing to you now and forever!  Glad am I to have had a small, brief part in your life, and thankful that you survived and bounced back from covid19.  You had me worried there for a week or three, but that is thankfully in the past.  I too enjoyed playing and chatting with you in game and in discord.

Fare thee well, my friend, and may the good times roll ever onwards for you and yours!

Always your friend,

Chanter(OD) aka Mike.

• Love 1

Sucks to hear and I know you'll be around, whether its to shoot the shit, or make a push to see if you can get 400 recruits.

There's only a handful of people I've met here where i know I would get along with them well in real life, you are near the top of the list....of people I would never hang out with....jk 😉

Really sucks to lose you, and I know your making the right choice. Family needs ya, and you need to take a step back and really pay attention to those who matter most.

There are a lot of great quotes out there, but one thats really opening my eyes more, and more as the years tick away is from Ferris Beullers day off

"Life comes at you pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

What you gave to OD and this community is something I doubt will ever be replicated. Chobo was famous as the guy who put OD on the map, without your efforts, I doubt OD would be as comfortable as it currently is. True leadership through actions. Regardless of what came out of that foul thing you call a mouth, you always got a free pass as far as I'm concerned.

I will miss you along with a long list of other members. OD and the community has Ronald Mcdonald size shoes to fill with you hanging up the gloves.

Wish you and your family the best of luck, lots of laughs, and copious amounts of booze. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

If there is ever an exception for keeping a rank upon rejoining, your that exception. It really has been a pleasure getting to know ya 

• Love 1

Nobody else has a cockney accent. I think there's a hidden rule somewhere that says there must always be at least one person with that accent in the clan.

• Love 1

Con This is the most welsh thing ever

pro I understand why I mean it isn't like I don't send you something random on a daily basis 

I wish you all the best in your next endeavor but I swear to God if you declare war and invade anywhere without me ill be mad 

Long live the queen 👸...( not you @Aerineth(OD) )

Edited by TypeReaL(OD)
  • Love 1

Thank you to each and everyone that’s taken the time to post means a lot to me .

i can not  see another way out this without me being away for a month or 2 ,  I don’t know  if i can take another month or 2 ia  .. getting my grandkids settled one in school one in child care and getting new hours at work in place so im not burnt out and can still game or maybe just come back in a couple of months  who knows , but at the moment I’ve gotta think  of my grandkids thanks again it’s much appreciated Sas 💙💗 

1 request though can @Badboi(OD) frank disable me please  when my 48 hours are up 😞 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

God speed @Sassy. You will be missed. Do what is right, and take care of yourself.

Remember, get out there and enjoy the fresh air and go for a walk.

I enjoyed our talked and hope to see you around again ❤️

• Love 1

7 hours ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Long live the queen 👸...( not you @Aerineth(OD) )

Am I still best girl though? 

Puppy Dog Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Sassy, I saw this post yesterday morning, and I've been in a bit of a state of shock. I couldn't quite find the words to post on your thread and still am unsure if I can do it justice.

You've contributed far more to the Diablo 2 Community than I can ever recall in my time here. You single handedly recruited more members to the community than anyone and I highly doubt that record will be toppled anytime soon.. if ever. You have earned recognition far beyond anything I could ever give and you have my eternal respect.

They say boots are made from walking.. (Or was that a song? I forget anymore) but with you hanging yours up.. I suppose it's time to find a new pair. Wherever you fall in life, know that you will always be welcome here, and any organization or environment that gains you, will be forever indebted to one of the most amazing individuals I've yet to meet here in this community.

You have me on Facebook.. and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out! If I'm available I'll be right there. 🙂 Always remember you have a home here!

I shall leave @Badboi(OD) to disable you as that is your final request.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Am I still best girl though? 

Puppy Dog Eyes GIFs | Tenor

Sassy, I saw this post yesterday morning, and I've been in a bit of a state of shock. I couldn't quite find the words to post on your thread and still am unsure if I can do it justice.

You've contributed far more to the Diablo 2 Community than I can ever recall in my time here. You single handedly recruited more members to the community than anyone and I highly doubt that record will be toppled anytime soon.. if ever. You have earned recognition far beyond anything I could ever give and you have my eternal respect.

They say boots are made from walking.. (Or was that a song? I forget anymore) but with you hanging yours up.. I suppose it's time to find a new pair. Wherever you fall in life, know that you will always be welcome here, and any organization or environment that gains you, will be forever indebted to one of the most amazing individuals I've yet to meet here in this community.

You have me on Facebook.. and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out! If I'm available I'll be right there. 🙂 Always remember you have a home here!

I shall leave @Badboi(OD) to disable you as that is your final request.  

God you had to be the one that brought tears to my eyes I’ve sent you message on fb mike.

thank you for such kind words Cookie 💙 

• Love 1

Julie,

I wish you and your grandbaby's all the best this world has. Thank you for every thing you have done .

all my best

• Love 1

Julie,

We will really, really miss you.  I hope you enjoy life to the fullest with those grand babies.  Stop by every once in a while to let us know how you are doing.  I am certain your recruiting numbers will never be matched.

Rick

• Love 1

Love you! Hope all goes well for you, Im always here for you. Hit me on FB if you need me :hugging:

• Love 1

I never knew you well, as I really only stuck within the Halo Division within the grand scheme of OD, but I did poke around the clan enough to know that you were a great figure in the community. A true pillar, You will be missed by many here including me.

Best of luck to you. Family is the one thing that we should keep close to us as much as possible.

• Love 1

I suppose I can write my feels down about this now that I have gotten over the initial shock of the matter.

Julie, your family and your overall happiness will always come first. I hope you'll visit us from time to time to let us know everything is good in your neck of the woods - but I support this decision you are making and I know we will still chat from time to time. You have become a good friend to me here, an ally, and someone I know I can go to if something is wrong or if I need some beautiful sunset pictures from across the ocean. You have pushed me through my last set of finals when I wanted to give up before graduating last year, you were one of the first few people I told about my engagement in July. I worried like a madwoman when you were super ill and I've always looked forward to seeing the beautiful pictures you send me - whether it be a lovely sunset, weather pictures, or some cute puppy pictures 😛

OD will be losing something special with you stepping down, but I see why you're doing it and I wish you nothing but the absolute best. You deserve it. 

But please keep in touch 😞

• Love 1