Admin Meeting Oct 25th, 6pm cst ×
Sign in to follow this  
Zakspeeeed(OD)

Overdosed Forge Contest!

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a good day so far and are in the mood for some forging in Halo, because there's been some real interest in the clan recently in Forging. So, I've decided to throw a little contest for everyone to participate in, and be accessible no matter your skill level in Forging.

Information

• Your goal is to create the best 1v1 map you possibly can in Halo 2 Anniversary's Forge mode.
  • Your map must support a Slayer gametype. (This doesn't mean it has to be BR starts).
  • Approved Canvases: Skyward, Awash, Nebula
  • Your map will be judged on Gameplay, Aesthetic, and Creativity. More detail about these three categories below.
  • Deadline is October 31st, 2020.
  • Submissions will be through mega.nz. Export your .mvar file from your AppData > MCC folder. Place the link in this thread.

Judging

• Gameplay: How well does the map play? Does it offer ample opportunities for player choice and decision throughout the whole map? Are the weapons on the map fairly balanced, if any are on the map? Is the starting weapon too powerful or too weak? These questions and more will be considered when judging the gameplay of the map
  • Aesthetic: How good does the map look? Halo 2: Anniversary only has concrete blocks and walls for basic building blocks, but how are you able to take that and make it look good and unique (and possibly a completely different texture). If nature prefabs are used then do they add to the map or make it look tacky? Bring out your inner artist here.
  • Creativity: How unique is the map? This is a very different thing from Aesthetic. A map can look good but play like twenty other maps. Surprise me with your layout and make it fun. A box with a central structure in the middle with some platforms on the outside might play well but isn't exactly unique. Go crazy!
  • Judging will be handled by myself and @Jenkinns523(OD)

Your goal should be to strike a great balance between these three.

Prizes

• 1st Place: $25 Steam Gift Card with a set rank and medal
  • 2nd and 3rd Place: $10 Steam Gift Card with a set rank and medal

Good luck!

Edited by Zakspeeeed(OD)
  • Upvote 1

facebook.jpg.c3676dcfc07ad4be8a8b1f60f356457c.jpg

Gratz on the 4th e, you've cornered the market and left no e's for the rest of us *sob* lol

Started my construction today, enjoying H2A Forge immensely - will someone be on hand towards the end of the month to assist with submission? Not 100% sure I follow what you put there. 

@Geordie(OD) A detailed list of instructions on how to submit your map will come soon. Once that's up, if anyone has any questions dealing with the submission process just DM me on Discord.

Also, thank you @Purplez(OD). Been meaning to bring that up and I probably should've done it sooner lol.

Edited by Zakspeeeed(OD)