Sign in to follow this  
MelodicRose(OD)

Fall Guys

Hey ya'll, was curious if anyone is playing Fall Guys? It is technically classified as a "battle royale" style game, but is literally nothing like Fortnite or any of the others. It's actually fun (haha). It's available on PS4 and on PC, isn't yet cross-playable with others (though it is something they have identified as something the players want) and is rather amusing. I have it for both PC and PS4 - so if anyone wants to play sometime for some giggles, poke me 🙂

Video of the giggles:

@Purplez(OD) you can even make your character purple 😮

Haha yes I know oh, I've been playing it for a week and I suck at it. Moomoo posted in the D2 channel yesterday that it is free right now for PS4. There are several of us in D2 who have been playing at off and on.  Funny as heck.

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Haha yes I know oh, I've been playing it for a week and I suck at it. Moomoo posted in the D2 channel yesterday that it is free right now for PS4. There are several of us in D2 who have been playing at off and on.  Funny as heck.

I'm also pretty terrible but it's the kind of battle royale that it doesn't even matter as long as you're having fun xD Nice stress reliever.

watched Mike play it....think the kid has it on ps4

It actually looks like the kind of game that could make for a good Clan event. You should consider hosting one to see how it goes, I'd participate to give it a try.

2 hours ago, LightningWolves(OD) said:

@Terra: @JD(OD) and I were talking about it actually, but it was something about tracking the crowns (wins) that could of been a problem. I think he can explain it better than I can.

Yes, yes... As an avid lover of all casual silly games. I had though this would make a good community event. Possibly even with prizes. But to give our prizes you would need to track wins etc... Which in fall guys there's no TRUE way to track other than taking someone's word for it. Since parties are limited to 4 and such. But I believe it can be done. 

Without prizes involved. It would simply be a lovely community game night of a bunch of people playing together. It's a silly game that takes both the casual and competitive spirit and mixes them together. 

I think we'd probably get a decent turn out for these game nights. 

Don't need to track winners and prizes, just need to get together and play.

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

Don't need to track winners and prizes, just need to get together and play.

I'm not saying we needed to for a basic game night. I was saying I would need to if I wanted to use the game for a prize based event. Either way yes. This would be a good idea for someone to host it. 

Right now I don't have the immediate time to add things like regular event hosting to my calendar on top of what I'm already doing. 

But I'd be happy to participate in said events if we were to have them. 

Currently on Fall Guys, too many flying/speed cheats on to ruin it for everyone else. 

I don't recall having the opinion to host a private match, but that would be awesome if they did and we had an OD party game, similar to Mario Party or something. 

It's a fun game, but can get exhausting after trying to win so many times, losing because of your own teammates, and etc. I tried and tried to win, but it was extremely hard with having interference by others. 

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

3 minutes ago, MikeU1(OD) said:

Currently on Fall Guys, too many flying/speed cheats on to ruin it for everyone else. 

I don't recall having the opinion to host a private match, but that would be awesome if they did and we had an OD party game, similar to Mario Party or something. 

I have yet to see such a thing so I am shocked 😞 Do you play on PC or on ps4?

I play on PC, Is this game cross platform?

Yes in the beginning it was tough, people were cheating left and right, with changing values for crown/points, flying and speed walking values. The company has implemented something into preventing many methods of preventing hackers from ruining other people's games but, I believe they're trying to be more discrete and not as noticeable when it comes to them cheating. Also, in the beginning, joining lobbies was a pain and kept getting connection issues. They've fixed that problem, but when you've made it to the top 8 so many times just to see someone fly to the crown, made me po'd and delete the game. This was only 2 weeks ago.

:Why you build software with security in mind instead of just producing a beautiful product without any measures:

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

I have my mouse around the guy that's flying/speed walking around. As you can see everyone is down to the ground, but the other guy reaches very high heights without any interference. 

At this point, all you gotta do is look up Fall guys Flying on youtube and see tons of videos of people going for the win, top streamers will see them, stop, rage and watch the hacker fly to the crown..

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

People will always find ways to cheat.  I just ignore them and enjoy the game.  I still totally suck at it but it makes me laugh.   I played with @Jiraiya(OD) the other day and he is pretty good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeU1(OD) said:

I play on PC, Is this game cross platform?

Yes in the beginning it was tough, people were cheating left and right, with changing values for crown/points, flying and speed walking values. The company has implemented something into preventing many methods of preventing hackers from ruining other people's games but, I believe they're trying to be more discrete and not as noticeable when it comes to them cheating. Also, in the beginning, joining lobbies was a pain and kept getting connection issues. They've fixed that problem, but when you've made it to the top 8 so many times just to see someone fly to the crown, made me po'd and delete the game. This was only 2 weeks ago.

:Why you build software with security in mind instead of just producing a beautiful product without any measures:

The game is currently not cross platform but the creators have expressed an interest in making it so. I play on both.

To be fair, they weren't expecting the game to take off like it has - the developers are a refreshing bunch and have been actively working in things and taking suggestions so I have high hopes that improvements will be made, though I completely get the problem here.

I've seen a lot of good games fall apart because of cheaters. It is always depressing to see just how many people are so willing to use unfair advantages to compete. There are players that try to cheat in the games my development company has created as well, and as I run the support line for players I get the privilege of conversing with the ones that get caught. Most of them write into support claiming they were innocent and we made a mistake, or their friend or little brother played on their device and they were the ones cheating. Which is retarded, if you're going to cheat then at least have the decency to accept the consequences when you get caught. Some write into our support claiming we don't have the right to tell them how to enjoy the game. Which is also retarded, because yes we do.

To me it seems like a pretty pointless thing to do. Winning by cheats obviously doesn't mean you are good at the game, and in many cases it's so obvious that you are cheating that no one is going to think you are anything great either. But I suppose it comes down to the reality that for many people the gratuitous feeling of a victory screen has more meaning than any achievement that can be earned. If you wrap yourself in a bubble of your own world where you can pretend like you are awesome then it is easy to shut out the words of others who tell you you're not. It's representative of being beholden to some of our basest impulses, and the fact that there is a seemingly endless amount of people always trying to do it in almost every game kind of says a lot about the human species.

If it's any consolation though, I can tell you for a fact that these people generally do not handle it well when their imaginary world bubble gets popped. Cheaters that get caught and banned from a game by the developers get super mad. Hard to continue your imaginary fantasy when you're being subjugated like the common petty cheat that you are.

• Upvote 1

The only point cheaters are cheating is to earn the crowns/money faster to buying skins.

Cheaters are getting reported and banned, so they at least now work on security measures. 

I faded away from this game because I played this game when it first launched and killed my vibe of trying to pursue wins. It's a very addicting game for sure, many good maps and modes, I only wished they had a little more to the game for $20.

* a full game could last up to 35+ minutes

* There we're many times where I lost the game because of my team and not my own faults, which made me upset after 4th or 5th time of re queuing and getting back to a teams mode just for your team not to do good.

* It's only solely a game to grind many points/crowns to buy skins/features to your character.

* If you win, you earn a crown and ~1,200+ points. 

* each week, they release new skins, face paints, customization to your characters. After that week, those skins disappear. No skin market, only weekly individual skin buys. 

* pay $$ to get crowns/points

I only came here to bring my experiences of this game so far in order to give you a better understanding of the game before anyone buys it. 

:: But if anyone wants to play, I'm down.

Edited by MikeU1(OD)
  • Like 1