Admin Meeting Oct 25th, 6pm cst ×
Sign in to follow this  
MikeU1(OD)

Update the OverDosed History/Heroes page

Posted (edited)

Good evening clanmates, 
I've noticed the history/heroes page hasn't been touched in a while.

*We could add to our story of different game shifts the clan has encountered over the years, on top of the current games we play. 
*The general evals could be used towards referencing the good a former/present general has done during their time with OD, along with adding towards our history. 
*Many of our generals today have done wonderful things, no need to wait for their retirement to place them under our heroes tab if they have done something remarkable to the degree of being an OD hero. (ex: Has recruited over 300 members, never left the clan for 10 years, etc). 
*Add retired generals/commanders into heroes.
*Commander Terra nor Commander BadboI don't have an intro under the Commander section. 
*I believe the current format does have spelling errors and should be tightened up and corrected by labeling titles using different colors, bolding, and underlining the text. 
*If we could gather the information/stories from the current division leaders/members to combine into our OD history.

**OverDosed 20th year anniversary is in 15 months, so we got plenty of time to prepare and make changes to tell our 20 years of history. Make changes to the site for the celebration, images, contest member's best-voted picture to be placed on the front page, etc. Let's show off, we as a gaming community have survived over 20 years, tell our story and find a way to celebrate. 

I helped with the tightening up the history page over 6 years ago with Aerineth, I'm willing to collaborate and help again. This is just my advice, forgive me if y'all are already working on this subject. 
Thanks!

Edited by MikeU1(OD)
  • Like 1

@Aerineth(OD) is the person in charge of updating our "history & heroes" page, last I remember... Perhaps you should get in touch with him about your ideas?

@MikeU1(OD)    We could go through it a bit and add anything from what we seen while we were here one of these days im sure, If anyone else has anything to add that would be great!!

Probably sometime after this weekend when I can get back on the Mic.

• Like 1

Back when I first started and was reading everything, I sent a proposed update with changes to @Aerineth(OD)  Not sure if he ever had time to act on it.

Most definitely. Although, I would take a new layout , something fresh, then polishing a turd.

• Like 1

ID finally like to be added along with @SuNSeT but me first 😛

• Like 1

Updating the history would take a lot of time and a lot of research, it's not an easy task to take on. I definitely don't have the time myself right now, I already have a backlog of things I'm already behind in. I don't think many Commanders or Generals would be able to commit the time for it, but it isn't something that necessarily requires a Commander or General to do. Any noteworthy changes to the Clan are going to be public knowledge, and as you've said the evaluations serve as a pretty good source of information for individual accomplishments. If you or anyone else were able to put together something to add onto the history, then I could at least make time to look over what you brought me and add it to the site if it seems thorough.

• Like 1