Admin Meeting Oct 25th, 6pm cst ×
Sign in to follow this  
Aerineth(OD)

Transparency of the Re-Enablement of MikeU1

@PoPs(OD) @Aerineth(OD) Thank you both for all your hard work in reviewing the situation, interviewing other members, and discussing the matter with Mike.  Being in the criminal defense arena of real life, you are always not guilty if there is a reasonable doubt.  In this instance, the reasonable doubt existed.  And @MikeU1(OD) we all can get heated during an intense gaming time, so I look forward to your continued work on stifling the urge to lash out when the game(s) upset you.

Posted (edited)

I didn't solely remove him from channel because of a game went wrong, @Purplez(OD).

It was because the continuous taunting the individual performed that led me to lashing out an disconnection of an individual from the discord after multiple attempts of telling them to stop, without asking the higher ups for permission and/or removing my self from the situation. I will not tolerate cyber bulling and will start to hold those accountable for their actions. I understand we are all citizens from nations all around the world, but we should be respectful towards one another while watching our boundaries. I will say, I came to the position of being convertible with a good group of internet folks and did let my guard down which possibly offended a few people. I will tell you now, I am sorry if I offended or upset anyone. I will work on myself and will start to holding back comments and of course act accordingly as an Warrent Officer should. 

I will say publicly, to spread hatred among someone without their presence is bad mannering in my eyes. Talking behind someone's back falls in the same category. 

I may have been guilty of this, along with many others, but I did it only in a joking matter. I care for my fellow OD members like family. I unfortunately don't have many friends and therefore rely on the internet to give me the same ratification of that.  Therefore, this is my apologizes to those that accept it and I tell everyone now to please stop defaming my character. I might have rubbed some of y'all the wrong way, my passion and enthusiasm can come off aggressive or too much but I solely do it for the love of the clan.

Thank you.

Edited by MikeU1(OD)

28 minutes ago, MikeU1(OD) said:

I didn't solely remove him from channel because of a game went wrong, @Purplez(OD).

It was because the continuous taunting the individual performed that led me to lashing out an disconnection of an individual from the discord after multiple attempts of telling them to stop, without asking the higher ups for permission and/or removing my self from the situation. I will not tolerate cyber bulling and will start to hold those accountable for their actions. I understand we are all citizens from nations all around the world, but we should be respectful towards one another while watching our boundaries. I will say, I came to the position of being convertible with a good group of internet folks and did let my guard down which possibly offended a few people. I will tell you now, I am sorry if I offended or upset anyone. I will work on myself and will start to holding back comments and of course act accordingly as an Warrent Officer should. 

I will say publicly, to spread hatred among someone without their presence is bad mannering in my eyes. Talking behind someone's back falls in the same category. 

I may have been guilty of this, along with many others, but I did it only in a joking matter. I care for my fellow OD members like family. I unfortunately don't have many friends and therefore rely on the internet to give me the same ratification of that.  Therefore, this is my apologizes to those that accept it and I tell everyone now to please stop defaming my character. I might have rubbed some of y'all the wrong way, my passion and enthusiasm can come off aggressive or too much but I solely do it for the love of the clan.

Thank you.

This goes out to everyone. If you ever feel slighted or bothered by something someone does, reach out to your Division Leader. Reach out to someone/anyone. At the least let a General/Commander know. Anyone who feels like somethings not working out, we'll take a look at it. And if in the instance it is because of something someone's doing, we'll help make that situation better. Sometimes someone doesn't know what their doing is affecting others. That's what we are here for. We as leaders want to be here and having fun just as much as you guys do. And sometimes even moreso, if you guys aren't enjoying yourselves, we won't be either.

If you have an issue, report it, we'll take a look at it. We want you guys to enjoy yourselves more than we do here. That's our responsibility we undertake as leaders.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

This goes out to everyone. If you ever feel slighted or bothered by something someone does, reach out to your Division Leader. Reach out to someone/anyone. At the least let a General/Commander know. Anyone who feels like somethings not working out, we'll take a look at it. And if in the instance it is because of something someone's doing, we'll help make that situation better. Sometimes someone doesn't know what their doing is affecting others. That's what we are here for. We as leaders want to be here and having fun just as much as you guys do. And sometimes even moreso, if you guys aren't enjoying yourselves, we won't be either.

If you have an issue, report it, we'll take a look at it. We want you guys to enjoy yourselves more than we do here. That's our responsibility we undertake as leaders.

Aerineth. It’s at times like this that I remember why you’re a leader I strive to be like. 

I can’t agree with what Aerineth says here more. 

If you feel uncomfortable in our community. If someone says/does something wrong. We ARE here for you. We will make sure that you get to experience the community how it should be and assure everyone gets to enjoy. 

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)
  • Like 2

Good to know.. If i dont like my division leaders decision i can go to a commander that doesnt play my game and make an appeal.. To get their decision over turned..

note taken**

• Like 2

It’s very rare that a decision we make is wrong or misleading and we as division leaders we do investigate to the fullest I’m sure @PoPs(OD) and @Purplez(OD) will tell you this , that’s why some may think we not doing anything with what’s brought to us because some take a lot work and yes we may have to go higher for some input , I’m glad to see this finally has come to a conclusion and thank you @Aerineth(OD)for  taking time to look into this case also much appreciated 💙

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Froggie420(OD) said:

Good to know.. If i dont like my division leaders decision i can go to a commander that doesnt play my game and make an appeal.. To get their decision over turned..

note taken**

Yes. And if you read Aerineth's post you'd see just how much work he put into making sure he was right. All the people he talked to, all the admins he consulted, and all the information he went to painstaking trouble to collect, before making his decision alongside D2 Division leaders and then even taking time out to recount all of it in a public post so everyone can understand what happened. Rather than being bitter about him making a decision we don't like, maybe we should appreciate the fact that we have someone who will sink so much of his own time and energy into trying to do right by the Clan. I guarantee you'll be grateful for it if there ever comes a day when *you* are wrongfully accused of something.

It's a lot of effort to determine someone's innocence. If the rest of us put half that much effort in before deciding someone's guilt, maybe we'd come to understand a little better how easily we can be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Im not bitter and i did read it.. He did a great job.. Im just making a note for future issues...

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, Terra said:

Yes. And if you read Aerineth's post you'd see just how much work he put into making sure he was right.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1