Sign in to follow this  
Purplez(OD)

Training Tuesdays on Discord

Your D2 division leaders @PoPs(OD) @Sassy and I, will be starting "Training Tuesdays" on Discord in the new channel.  We will be stream training:

1.  Promotion voting

2.  Recruiting

3.  How to put somebody up for promotion

4.  How to give out awards

5.  Any other website or forum training that we can do

Since I am Pacific time, I will usually be in the training channel on Tuesdays, 6 pm PST or 9 pm EST.  Sassy and Pops will be there at various times or who knows, we will all three be there at the same time.  

Here's are some guides you can review prior to coming to the training channel.

Terra’s guide on voting with pictures:
http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/67774-tutorial-on-how-to-vote-on-promotions

Xayj's guide to voting with pictures:
https://forum.overdosed.net/topic/70003-promotions-how-do-they-work/?tab=comments#comment-851003

https://forum.overdosed.net/topic/70132-rules-welcome-to-d2/

Recruiting guide with pictures:
https://forum.overdosed.net/topic/70244-d2-recruiting-guide/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Will we be starting this next Tuesday ? So gives members enough time to know just that this is going to be  and it will be a regular thing  and I’ll be about as I’m hours in front 🙂 

Edited by Sassy

Actually I'm going to go ahead and start it tonight and whoever can join can. I've already been advertising it in the channel that it starts tonight. If you can make it great if not make the next one we're not always going to make it together at the same time

Oh great I just did not know what Tuesday lol I’m going to be on soon don’t know how long I’ll be on for but definitely great to start ASAP 🙂 

If you get on before me, you can always go ahead and start.  I just set my part in the training for when I was available, but left it open for when you and Pops want to sit in the channel and train.  Your time can be totally different than mine, that's the beauty of it!

The first training tonight went very well.  In attendance were:

MooMoo

Alarics

ZBTTarget

Smoken

merica

psy9zach

Jiraiya

Great questions and a lot we went through.  Hoping this will just continue to grow and that members like it.

7/28/20 Tuesday Training Attendance

Attendance:  Scudbarb, Radarrick,  HDK, Matt, Trebla, JR, Kuro,McFunky, MooMoo, PureSkooma

If I may make a suggestion. It might not be a bad idea to record this training with OBS or another software. After recording you can upload it for later review. This will allow anyone to go back at a later date and review what's already been trained on. 

The only thing I'll make absolutely known with this suggestion, do not show PM's in a training session. It could potentially cause issues with privacy or reporting. But it should be fine for much of the other requests you'll likely receive. (Voting on promotions, voting on trials, posting news, accessing forums or other things (but do not show anyone forums in the Restricted section at the bottom)). Just a couple of suggestions for future 'Trainings'. Feel free to get with me if you want some advice on this.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mike for the suggestions.  I had contemplated recording these sessions, however, there are two problems.  The advantage to these training sessions is the visuals by me streaming my screen as I explain.  Without the visuals, my voice would drive not only me nuts, but the members as well lol  (I hate my voice.)  So unless I am willing to do the real twitch streaming, which I'm not, the voice isn't really helpful imo.  

The sessions so far have taken a life of their own.  The first one was pretty routine going through the console/promotion voting/ recruiting, etc.  Then members chime in with individual questions.  This second one, the crowd was pretty well versed on console training, so the questions too a different path.  I think I'll just go with the flow and keep on with them every Tuesday to build up a following and get members used to coming to the training.

8/4/20 attendance
Daterminyah
LightningWolves
JR
RedOps
Jiraiya
MooMoo
Itz_KC

was a good meeting~ at least i thought so :)

• Love 1