Sign in to follow this  
Aerineth(OD)

Aerineth's Commander Evaluation for July 2020

1 hour ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

No, you didn't take care of the hippo you asked for 2 weeks ago. Terra's getting real tired of cleaning up after it and I'm tired of getting chewed out because you forgot you asked for it. Besides, he's almost eaten Compfreak 3 times.. hippo hates that guy for some reason..

Hate? or Loves me.... Who's to say? Lol, but either way, it only snapped at me twice... A small price to pay to catch it in the open, I might add... 😉  

There's something broken inside all three of you.

• Laugh 2

18 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

No, you didn't take care of the hippo you asked for 2 weeks ago. Terra's getting real tired of cleaning up after it and I'm tired of getting chewed out because you forgot you asked for it. Besides, he's almost eaten Compfreak 3 times.. hippo hates that guy for some reason..

Because they're jerks? Night time is for sleeping. Lol

17 hours ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

Look i told you before I drank a literal gallon of lsd when I asked for the hippo and I mean @CompFreak(OD) shouldnt have been wearing that cologne that sent him into a rage, but I mean he could be pretty tasty how bout we cut a sliver to try

Please keep the amusing stuff going on Evals T_T" It's so refreshing to see ya'll joking about stuff on these LOL

Type, you never fail to impress me with the things you request from Aerineth XD 

*don't smite me for my off topic post, figured if the others can, I can too >:C*

27 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Please keep the amusing stuff going on Evals T_T" It's so refreshing to see ya'll joking about stuff on these LOL

Type, you never fail to impress me with the things you request from Aerineth XD 

*don't smite me for my off topic post, figured if the others can, I can too >:C*

While Evals are generally a pretty serious topic, I also don't think a little bit of banter is a bad thing. We are ultimately still human after all and it's often said these are taken too seriously. While I encourage topics to remain serious and on point, I think this can be a tell of the individuals character as well so I think it's fine.. especially since I've voluntarily waved the 2 question 1 comment post requirements for mine.

I encourage anyone to pop in and give their critique or even just comment on the evaluation as a whole. The occasional poke of humor I think helps as a sense of an Ice Breaker. Though don't consider that an opportunity for the Eval to turn into nothing but banter. We are still here to evaluate me. A little is fine, a lot is not. I'm not saying it's reached that point, but just a note!

Keep these questions and comments coming guys! Love all of them so far! Don't forget to smile and make those around you smile! We're all here to have fun. 🙂

• Thanks 2

On 7/9/2020 at 1:08 AM, Terra said:

Only YOU are addicted to those things, for the rest of us they are a pain in the ass!

*coughs*  YOU are the member who has won the award for longest posts, albeit well thought out and spell checked.

hippo.jpg.64bbe17a9bac449037338e9f801d0c35.jpg

47 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

*coughs*  YOU are the member who has won the award for longest posts, albeit well thought out and spell checked.

hippo.jpg.64bbe17a9bac449037338e9f801d0c35.jpg

And this is how @Aerineth(OD) eval evolved into being about Hippos....lmao. Good job @TypeReaL(OD). You're the real one. 

The banter is taking place because Aerineth waived the 2 question, 1 statement restriction for his eval, so we can post freely. I agree that it is a refreshing change of pace, one could make an argument that this is a better way of doing an eval. Not so much that it helps with evaluating someone themselves, on the contrary I'm pretty sure Aerineth talking about hippos is doing absolutely nothing to help his case for keeping Commander rank, but rather because a community that can joke and have fun is just better to be a part of than one which is compelled to be serious.

It is something worth considering, anyway.

Also hippos are killing machines.

1 hour ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Yeah, and it was a pain in the ass to write it.

• Laugh 1

If we had not required it, would you have self-evaluated?

22 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

If we had not required it, would you have self-evaluated?

I would have actually. Due to the nature of why I left, I felt that I actually did a disservice to the community. When I was being evaluated prior to my IA then departure in October, it wasn't a very thorough evaluation. I didn't believe that I had given it the attention it deserved. The community should have had the opportunity to evaluate me to the fullest. While it would have been delayed, I believe they still deserved that opportunity.

Being required to submit this evaluation only added, for me at least, the necessity of the community getting a fair chance to evaluate me as they saw fit.

Aerineth, if OD was a Big Mac, you would be the middle bun. Until someone tells us that the center bun is used primarily to soak up the special sauce, keeping the sandwich from becoming a Big Mess and that it is made by one big bun cut into three pieces, we don't understand the who, what, where, when, how, or why we need Aerineth as a Charmander. It has only been over the years, I have come to appreciate your approach. Fine wines get better as they age. +1

bigmac.jpg.ab4ca07c49a4089ea7d1010f31073d89.jpg

On 6/29/2020 at 11:31 AM, Aerineth(OD) said:

If we look at Badboi's evaluation for this period at the time of my post. This is an evaluation for Commander and whether he should keep his rank.

I believe that this is another great opportunity for both @CompFreak(OD) and I to evaluate Phase 1 Forum activity to prove or disprove your hypothesis. The difficulty would be data collection. Determining if a post is "automatic" or "in-depth". Is the easies way, if a question was asked and/or word count? if we do it like that, then we would be more objective. Your independent variable would be rank, while mine would be "situation". Through in dependent variables like years at rank and we got ourselves a good study.

I think you are missing the point of the particular evaluation. So, the evaluations that should merit the most attention should be tier changes. Thus, a new general or commander. The next should be those facing a demotion, followed by self-nominations of those that being promoted within the general ranks, followed by positive nominations, and lastly those just giving an evaluation to update the community. Do you now agree with this argument? Situation is more important than he rank of the person being evaluated?

On 7/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, Aerineth(OD) said:

Thanks for the questions Compfreak! They're very good! I wanted to give you the answer you deserve so I needed a couple of days to formulate my thought process correctly.

I'll break this up into a couple of parts. Firstly, letting my emotions get the better of me. 

There was a time that I let a lot of things get under my skin. Terra can tell you all about it. Something didn't go well in a dungeon? Instantly frustrated. Someone made a joke about me or that I wasn't comfortable with? Instantly frustrated. Each time reflected poorly on me in the end. Often times this would case me to fall into a bit of a melancholic mood. I wasn't a fun person to be around as I'd become a little angst-y at times. @Terra is probably one of the best people to attest to this. This was brought up on my first evaluation for Commander, and in part led to me failing my first promotion. (Feel free to check it out if you want more details on the issue). It proved to be one of my worst qualities.

To further this point, I could not play League of Legends. I did not handle defeat very well and even took it out on team mates from time to time. With each death I'd get more and more aggravated. The same could be said with any game that ultimately leads to someone being potentially more skilled. And if I was like this today, I couldn't do the PvP in Final Fantasy XIV. But I'll tell you, all that angst, frustration, and aggravation I would get? What did it really accomplish? Quite simply it pushed people away. Terra got tired of playing LoL with me because I'd be pissed off by the end of the first match. I was insufferable.

So, after my failed promotion, I took a vacation from OD. Spent a week away, rested, eased my exhaustion levels, did a lot of thinking, and was able to address this. I learned through self reflection that it doesn't help anyone to be upset about how a game of all things treats me. What should have mattered was the enjoyment of actually getting to play a game with my friends. And after returning, I would have understood it, but to actually put it into practice. I like to think I was pretty effective at overcoming this issue. It of course didn't fix over night, but I believe I came out for the better at the end of the day.

Looking towards today, I still hold true that becoming flustered, aggravated, or angry about something doesn't benefit you. It does nothing but cloud your judgement. It creates a tunnel vision that isn't beneficial. To be effective as a leader, you cannot get tunnel vision. Overall I'm mostly pretty calm and collected. And I like to think my 'well fuck I died again' occasional outcry is more of a 'well that sucks'. I admit I probably sound pretty upset, but I definitely am nowhere near as pissed as I sound. Just moderately annoyed and that's it. Move on to try again next time.

Second part. Delegation:

The best example of this is the current Final Fantasy XIV project. There will be a few leaders set up as a hierarchy. I'll oversee the Free Company as a whole, then I have my division leaders, currently you (which you still need to tell me what you are best at so that we can identify a role for you! ), JD who is currently Recruitment and Retention (His role will change when we have a more stable base of players and we have a lot of activity to a Crafting focus), and Baha who is in charge of End Game Content and Raids. While the most focus lately has been to get you pushed through the levels and game content, and running roulettes with those who are available and need to run them, this is largely an effort to get enough people capable of running content and events.

You three will each be in charge of different aspects while I fill where needed. You could be referred to as Project Managers. Ideally, I want the three of you to find a few under you so that it's not all on you to host every event. These would be people who like to focus on your area/department (whatever you want to call it). You three have full access and responsibility that I do and as such, we have a 4 man team. Ideally, I'd like to see us as a 5 man, but Rose and I need to speak to see if she's interested in filling my 5th and final slot of top leadership.

Lastly, addressing potential issues that may plague me today:

One of the things I learned on my IA and resignation from OD has been that I require and must have me time. Whether that's doing nothing but playing a game, getting off to workout with my friend, getting off to go watch movies, go out on a date, whatever it may be, I need that me time. And I have every intention of being firm about when that me time needs to happen. For instance, Monday and Wednesday at 8 PM Central, I will be wrapping up to sign off unless there's a major problem I'm dealing with. Those are 2 of my 3 workout days and they're classified to me as me time. While I'm still always available to the members of the community, I have some time set aside that separates Administration and Gaming (fun) time.

@Aerineth(OD) The level of detail you displayed in your answers to my questions was certainly befitting someone at the rank of Commander, and I am of the opinion that while we all have our struggles / vices, you have made leaps and strides in working on yours. Despite your decision to 'step away', you've come back almost seemingly "with a vengence" in not only what you used to provide for the community, but have taken on new tasks as well. You have my support in remaining a Commander, and I look forward to working with you in making FFXIV a successful division again!

With that, I do have one final question for you though...

Before you resigned, we had a conversation regarding you "taking me under your wing" so to speak, and in your resignation, you had the following message for me:

On 2/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Aerineth(OD) said:

@CompFreak(OD) I know you asked for me to consider sticking around so that I could formally take you under my wing and train you to be my replacement. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to fulfill this request. Terra, Badboi, or R.agnarok will have to take on this request in my stead. Apologies on pushing it off on you guys. Beyond this request, you have a lot of potential....

Considering that I haven't had any opportunity for the other commanders mentioned to take on that request, am I to understand that you are 'willing and able' to fulfill it now that you've returned?

On 7/21/2020 at 5:18 PM, CompFreak(OD) said:

Considering that I haven't had any opportunity for the other commanders mentioned to take on that request, am I to understand that you are 'willing and able' to fulfill it now that you've returned?

Forgot to respond to this the other day.

You bet I'm willing to take you under my wing and teach you what I can.

• Thanks 1

Will you teach me too, Senpai?

8 minutes ago, Terra said:

Will you teach me too, Senpai?

I mean.. it depends. Are you willing to get some feelings? They suck sometimes.😛

I think I could teach you quite well in that department. Make you a little less.. robot like. 😛

• Laugh 1

Sounds great.

Feelings.cpp

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int love = 0;

class feelings {

public:

feelings * happy;

return love;

}

Ready to become less like a robot, just tell me what the code is!

• Laugh 1

9 hours ago, Terra said:

Sounds great.

Feelings.cpp

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int love = 0;

class feelings {

public:

feelings * happy;

return love;

}

Ready to become less like a robot, just tell me what the code is!

Your code seems to be missing a few lines... Anything multiplied by a constant '0' is still '0' no? 😅