Sign in to follow this  
RadarRick(OD)

RadarRick(OD) - First Evaluation - June 2020

Rick, as the candidate who I have least interaction with, I relied upon looking on your work, asking those in your division, and seeing that your division leaders are backing you. I approve you through Phase 1. #DFU

Rick....Im very happy to see you post an eval...I have always enjoyed gaming  with you. You have definatly eared the ranks. Our members look to you for guidedance and leadership, both of which you are willing to help with. I have sat with you and watched you handle some difficult issues within our division. I look forward to hearing your voice in our Generals discussions.....You are an OD guy for sure....we're lucky to have ya around....you have my full support

• Like 1

Rick is a great dude and has definitely been doing a lot for the d2 community and especially the hcl side of things. He is active in game and on the forums and console and is not afraid to handle admin duties when needed. Good luck! 

I can't say it has been too often where you've come up in the conversations I've had with others, but the times that you have people have spoken quite highly of you. I haven't had the opportunity to interact with you much myself, so I'm leaning a lot more on your evaluation here than with the others, which is also why you are the last I'm replying to. Your evaluation itself is pretty stellar, actually. You have a good, informative opening post, you've answered the questions given to you clearly and intelligently, and the examples you have provided of your experiences have been very informative, and really serve to illustrate what kind of leader you are. I don't have any critiques to give out at this time, I'm sure I'll have a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses after we've had an opportunity to work together more, and I look forward to doing just that. I'm convinced that you are perfectly capable of handling the General rank, and I will support your promotion.

I had hoped to hear a response to my questions.. you seem to have disappeared.

That said, based off of the testimony of your fellow D2 members, and the fact that I'm eager for some new blood in the General ranks, I'm going to go ahead and approve your climb into the General ranks. Though I would like to see more attention diverted to the forums so that we can all work together on the community. Best of luck! +1

@RadarRick(OD) I appreciate your efforts in posting this eval, but I too would have liked to see a response to my questions or at least a response to someone else's questions at some time in the past week... As @Aerineth(OD) has stated, I also would like to see some "new blood" in the general's ranks, but where our opinions differ, is that I feel there isn't much to be gained by artificially bolstering the generals ranks with members that aren't able to contribute to discussions in a timely manner. At the General level, this can be threads as simple as "I did this admin action and this was my reasoning / explanation", or can be a heated debate that could shape the future of OD for the foreseeable future - Without the opinions of our generals, we limit ourselves in how we can improve all of our members' experiences. At this time, I hope all is well with you, and would like to invite you to reach out to me when you can, but cannot offer my support for your promotion. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see better communication from you moving forward :thumbsup:.

On 7/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, Aerineth(OD) said:

They have, and I have a followup question based on this response: 

1) Is there any specific field you feel you can best contribute to as a General?

2) What is your view of branching out and being at least known in the other or all divisions of the community?

@Aerineth(OD) 

1)  Straight up honest, I am not sure what specific field I can best contribute, I will have to bend the ear of the generals to find out where the most help is needed and see where I might fit the best.

2)  I think the best way to touch all of the other divisions would be to bounce around Discord from time-to-time and watch some game streaming and chat up the players to find out what they like most about the clan and what they think could be better.  But more than anything just make the personal connections.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:19 AM, ScudBarb(OD) said:

Rick you've been my go to guy for along time now. I always feel safest playing HCL with your guidance and the main reason i even play HCL. Your always around to offer support wheter its administration wise or gaming i.e. Runs, Gear, Muling and can always be found hanging around Discord. You definitely have impressed me every step of the way in your progression and i will vouch for you any day. Good Luck my friend.

@ScudBarb(OD)

Thank for the kind words brother.  I have really enjoyed our gaming/chatting times together.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:46 AM, CompFreak(OD) said:

Hey @RadarRick(OD)! Apologies for not posting on here sooner... Glad to see you finally up for eval! You certainly do well by hanging around in discord channels, usually keeping "the late night D2 crew" in line, and to me you've always came across as a "laid back" personality type like you've already stated here - Never really at the forefront of discussions, but you seem to excel in the 'behind the scenes' part of upholding our decided policies with members of the ranks below you, and I believe that you help to keep that cohesive "link" between Senior administration and new members strong, which is no easy task - Kudos to you!

Now let's get to some questions for you!

While reading your eval, something that stuck out to me is this:

These are some goals I can really stand behind, as I share them as well...Do you have any plans or ideas in how we can start to accomplish these goals together?

While I share some of the concerns brought forward thus far, having support throughout key ranks is vital to keep and maintain cohesivity throughout the community. But to make that transition towards leadership / generalship, let's just say that actions speak louder than words... Could you elaborate a little, on what would change for you, if you were promoted? In other words, what would you hope to achieve with a promotion to 1*?

I thank you for taking the time to read my post, and look forward to your response! :thumbsup:

@CompFreak(OD)

I don't have any concrete plans but I do have a vision of finding a way to get us together cross - division to get to know each other better - kind of like an all ranks question fest.

If I were to get promoted the first thing I would do is pick the brains of current generals to find out what makes them successful and find out what I can learn to help out more.  I definitely need to learn a lot more about the forum and how it works.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:28 PM, Badboi(OD) said:

Rick, as the candidate who I have least interaction with, I relied upon looking on your work, asking those in your division, and seeing that your division leaders are backing you. I approve you through Phase 1. #DFU

@Badboi(OD)

Thanks for your approval.  I have heard you in the admin meetings and sang the bad boys song to you lol.  I look forward to getting to know you better.

On 7/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, PoPs(OD) said:

Rick....Im very happy to see you post an eval...I have always enjoyed gaming  with you. You have definatly eared the ranks. Our members look to you for guidedance and leadership, both of which you are willing to help with. I have sat with you and watched you handle some difficult issues within our division. I look forward to hearing your voice in our Generals discussions.....You are an OD guy for sure....we're lucky to have ya around....you have my full support

@PoPs(OD)

Thanks for your support.  I have always enjoyed our gaming together and discussions.  You have always been there to point me in the right direction, whether it be recruiting, console use or just everyday rule following.  Look forward to learning even more.

On 7/20/2020 at 2:45 AM, Rich(OD) said:

Rick is a great dude and has definitely been doing a lot for the d2 community and especially the hcl side of things. He is active in game and on the forums and console and is not afraid to handle admin duties when needed. Good luck! 

@Rich(OD)

Jason,  Thanks for the kind words.  I have always counted on you to give it to me straight, and you never fail to deliver.  I look forward to chatting you up to find out what knowledge I can glean.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:20 PM, Terra said:

I can't say it has been too often where you've come up in the conversations I've had with others, but the times that you have people have spoken quite highly of you. I haven't had the opportunity to interact with you much myself, so I'm leaning a lot more on your evaluation here than with the others, which is also why you are the last I'm replying to. Your evaluation itself is pretty stellar, actually. You have a good, informative opening post, you've answered the questions given to you clearly and intelligently, and the examples you have provided of your experiences have been very informative, and really serve to illustrate what kind of leader you are. I don't have any critiques to give out at this time, I'm sure I'll have a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses after we've had an opportunity to work together more, and I look forward to doing just that. I'm convinced that you are perfectly capable of handling the General rank, and I will support your promotion.

@Terra

Thanks for your support.  Hopefully we will get to know each other better over time.  I have have heard your thoughts on several topics during the Admin meetings that I have attended.  It is easy to see how you reached the rank of Commander.  I hope that I can contribute in a manner that makes you happy with your decision to support me.

• Thanks 1