Sign in to follow this  
Zakspeeed(OD)

Update on June Events, and where the Division is heading

Hey everyone,

Some of you may be wondering if there's going to be events in the future. Let me just say right now that yes, there will be. But, at the moment I'm a little burnt out on them and want to chill for a bit and try some new things. So, here's what's going to happen for events:

1. July will be a normal month, with scheduled Halo 3 and Reach-centered events. Expect typical Forge silliness and something new coming up if the members increase the way I think they will.

2. For the rest of June, I will occasionally host some game nights at random when I feel like it. These could be at literally any time and could be literally anything, but I will give a day's notice.

3. Morgan won't host anything until further notice. He's basically gone MIA and hasn't been pinged on anything in weeks, and we don't just mean Discord. We literally mean anything. So, in terms of events it's up to me and JD every now and then. Here's to hoping it's an extended vacation.

4. With Forge coming out, we will make a push towards Forge-centric competitions. So for the end of July our goal is a Forge-build contest where you send in your submissions for whatever you've created. We want to avoid what happened with Conquest as in my opinion it was basically a glorified Halo 2 map rotation slayer server. There's not enough people to support an event like that right now.

Also, the division is not dying. The people who have been trickling off have been inactive for weeks anyways. So in terms of population it has been like this for about 2 weeks anyways. Doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit people, however. So, for those wanting to get your friends into Halo consider having them join OD. After all, you'd be in the running for some cool prizes like gift cards and promotions!

Every group goes through a lull like this, and considering what's happened to many Halo clans it's impressive that we haven't fallen apart, and more so that we're still doing fairly well right now. So rest easily because Overdosed isn't going anywhere. We may be old-fashioned, but we are structurally sound.

Have a great rest of your day,

Zakspeeed(OD)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zakspeeed(OD) said:

Also, the division is not dying. The people who have been trickling off have been inactive for weeks anyways. So in terms of population it has been like this for about 2 weeks anyways. Doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit people, however. So, for those wanting to get your friends into Halo consider having them join OD. After all, you'd be in the running for some cool prizes like gift cards and promotions!

Every group goes through a lull like this, and considering what's happened to many Halo clans it's impressive that we haven't fallen apart, and more so that we're still doing fairly well right now. So rest easily because Overdosed isn't going anywhere. We may be old-fashioned, but we are structurally sound.

I can not stress the importance and my backing of this message. Some members are stressed about the shrinking of our member base and the over all population of the Halo PC player count. But, our player base as Zak so well put is not exactly shrinking. But is just settling into where our actual number of active players currently sits. 

This doesn't mean we've stopped recruiting from the active pool of PC players that is currently around the Halo community. We've still always looking for members that fit the OD culture. We're still looking for OD members that want to step up and help in the recruitment efforts. Which recently Sprucepumpkin01(OD) has stepped up to join us in the efforts as well. 

We will keep driving forward and holding events and moving towards the new game releases. OD will always be around and will always be a welcoming community to those who want to join it. 

❤️