Sign in to follow this  
MelodicRose(OD)

MelodicRose(OD) - First Evaluation (June 2020)

Posted (edited)

MelodicRose's First Evaluation

Hello folks! It appears that some kind people have nominated me for a general evaluation. To begin, I'd like to thank those that believe I am deserving of this and I look forward to responding to any questions, comments, or concerns that anyone may have. Regardless of being promoted or not, I intend to continue to work on my future goals as they have already been personal goals in place before I was nominated to begin with :).

As a general reminder, below are the expectation for a Brigadier General (1*):

• Pillars of the divisions they are a part of, seeing to its management, and providing for the members they are responsible for, which includes promotions, medals, recruitment powers, rank changes, etc.
  • Actively available for the members of their division.
  • Recognizing, teaching, and providing opportunities for the officers within their division to help with proper delegation.
  • Attends general-specific meetings.
  • Votes on all general evaluations that take place.
  • Actively involved in topics posted on the General's Board.
  • Presenting ideas or discussions of their own in the General's Board is considered particularly impressive.
  • Overall being the leaders and representatives of their respective divisions and providing for the members they are responsible for are what we look for in Brigadier Generals.

Some Info About Me:

My name is Kait, or ya'll can continue to call me Rose, that's fine too! I am a recent graduate from UNC Asheville in NC and I hold a degree in Atmospheric Science (with a weather forecasting concentration). My past year or so has been filled with graduating college, moving from NC to KS on my own, and starting my first real job within my specialization. I'm your weird, weather-loving, storm chasing, k-pop addicted gamer. My ultimate end goal in my personal life is to be working in emergency management within hazardous weather prone areas, as I much prefer the communication aspect of weather than the stressful forecasting perspective I currently am sitting in. I used to do small forum posts in off-topic regarding weather events, namely hurricanes, but this has fallen off as I was finishing college. Hopefully I will return to doing these this year! Lastly, I am rather quiet at first, but once you get to know me and we game together a bit - I talk a lot. I am still a proud holder of several of the "Quietest Member in OD" awards though.

Regarding my association with OD, I joined OD on June 10th, 2015 under the name of SilentMelodies(OD). Archie was my recruiter and I joined under the Aion division at the time. I found Archie advertising in some shouts that OD was recruiting, I was playing alone (shocker), so I figured why not take a stab at this community stuff. I was quiet for a long time, a silent member in the community (many who played with me back then can confirm that I simply rarely spoke, I was too shy to). I've played several of the MMO's that Clan OD has made into squads/divisions and dipped my toes into other genres as well (namely League, but Overwatch as well for a short time period). I consider myself to be someone who watches quietly and speaks up after thinking long and hard about a topic, with thought out responses being something I pride myself in. 

If there is anything else you'd like expanded upon regarding myself and who I am, please give me a poke and I can elaborate 🙂

Overall Notable OD Contributions:

• Assisted in the FFXIV Squad and led the division once it was created - with the help of the fellow leaders & officers at the time.
    • The FFXIV division was created in October of 2017 and disbanded in September of 2018 due to overall lack of continued interest.
    • Working as a leader within the FFXIV division continued to spark my interest and overall training in the aspect of leadership, which I am still learning and working on to this day (no one is perfect and learning never ends).
    • After the fall of FFXIV, I admittedly fell off from the community for some time due to not really feeling like I had a place in OD at the time.
  • Continuing to work as co-lead within the Social Media Team (with @JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)).
    • This is still an endeavor that we are working on fine-tuning and expanding on as we speak!
    • The team currently focuses on posts on Twitter and Facebook, with a goal to expand to Reddit in the near future. I am currently also evaluating on how we can revive the streaming efforts previously brought up within the clan and combine it into the social media effort we are already working on.
    • Overall, this project has been my baby for over the past year or so, especially when I was division-less and struggling to find a place in OD.
  • Assisted @SalinePandora(OD) with the Minecraft squad and continued this as the secondary lead in the division.
    • I've actively assisted in ironing out the specific mods we use in the OD modpack, recruitment to the MC division itself, player retention (monitoring DSL, listening to feedback, etc), and getting the modpack onto the Twitch launcher so that it is easier to access rather than manually downloading the mods through Dropbox.
    • We are currently still working out the wrinkles within the division in terms of future recruitment (how can we get more people interested in the OD side of our game and server, rather than just the gaming pieces), slowing down the immediate progression to end game in the modded server, and growing our overall interest in the game itself.
  • Active on Discord & forums and unhealthy amount of time.
    • I'm always online on a daily basis on Discord. I have the app installed, I will answer as soon as I get a ping or a PM as I always have my phone on me or am on my PC. The only time I'm not available is when I am busy with IRL work.
    • Similar to Discord, I live on forums and I check them too many times a day to be considered healthy. Forums are a secret addiction of mine and I am always watching for new threads to be posted.
  • Attending Admin/Community meetings as often as I can.
    • I work odd hours with my job, this is no secret at this point. Often times, I have to sleep during meetings so I can ensure I am alive during my shift starting at midnight.. or I am working during them. Even though I cannot attend in person, I try to make sure it is known that I won't be at the meetings by posting in the meeting topic and explaining why. Once the meeting recordings are posted, I listen to it once I am able so I can remain up to speed on the latest happenings and changes occurring on the admin side of things. 
  • Using my console for actions that are necessary.
    • This is a point that I anticipate to get hounded on for due to the overall lack of use in my console as of late. I make it a point to vote on promotions for members that have made it clear that they would like to move up the ranks and show overall interest in the inner-workings of OD. I've had a few people ask why they are up for promotion when they do not care for the ranks or moving up through them, so I typically try not to put people up unless I know they have shown interest in actually continuing up the ladder here. I typically keep my votes to members I interact with or that I see interacting and bettering the community as a whole. I am stingy with my votes, what can I say. I try to participate in general eval posts & promotions as often as I can because the process is intriguing. 
    • Regarding medals, a large chunk of the current medals seem to be a little bit out of date so I struggle to find myself handing them out at this time as I overall do not support them in their current status. One of my further goals that I list below is assisting in the potential reworking of them (something I am waiting to hear back on still from the people working on that) so they include more community-wide and inclusive options that make them worth the while. The medals do not really seem to have a purpose at the moment, so revamping them in a more appealing way seems ideal.

Goals for the Future:

• Work on ironing out several topics within the social media team:
    • An end goal that I would like to reach is having at least one member per division on our social media team. This would ultimately allow more eyes on the posting side and perhaps allow for more content that speaks to the clan as a whole. I am working on a recruitment post that would detail what we are looking for on the team itself, as well as who to contact is members are interested in getting involved.
    • Creating a schedule for meetings that would work for all involved members, or host meetings on a month by month basis (host a meeting once a month, vote on which days work for the next meeting).
    • Expanding to Reddit is something that has been recommended a few times. Reddit is a popular website that expands across several communities, which may allow recruitment posts to get attention (yay recruitment to our divisions & squads!).
    • Reviving the streaming efforts has been a topic brought up several times and I would like to see this hashed out so that it can be incorporated into our social media endeavors as well, namely in posting streams as they go live onto our pages (bot functionality is being discussed with JD). OD has several members with interests in streaming and it is well worth the effort to make an attempt to bring some life back to that section and get people involved. This is a newer involvement on my end and it comes with a learning curve, but the exacts are being worked out and will be discussed with JD in the coming days during our leadership meeting.
  • Continue to assist the Minecraft division:
    • A large chunk of my time within the Minecraft division has been working out what the players would like to see to keep them involved and interested. Communicating with the people actively playing is something I enjoy doing and will continue to do going forward. I want to see Minecraft succeed! It is a little cute block game that provides some peace of mind, which is something many people can enjoy. Updates are currently being discussed on the leadership side, particularly pertaining to map "seasons" (resetting the map on a timed basis, much like D2/D3 seasons, a fresh start). Perks in game for donations to OD are also things we have discussed.
    • Recruitment is, as always, a second goal in mind within the Minecraft division. My mindset is that ironing out the game play issues should come first, then go full force with recruiting so that everything on our server is in tip-top shape for new members. This would ultimately give a better image for the division and for OD, since we are representative of the community.
    • Lastly, creating division meetings will become a necessity going forward. Currently we focus primarily on leadership meetings, where we discuss the inner-workings of the servers themselves and the forward plans, but in the near future I think we need to get together with the division members and discuss these future plans in person rather than in the form of posts. This is something I intend to get the ball rolling on once the chaos in our lives calms down a little bit.
  • Participation in Clan-wide discussions:
    • Something that I have been rather lacking in over the past year has been my overall participation in clan discussions, especially on the admin level. I vote where I need to, I join meetings where I can - but in my eyes that is something I would like to work on more so I can participate and have more of a say in matter that are important. I have labelled out some goals below:
      • Try to work admin meeting in around when I work. I currently am stuck in not so great shift hours due to being the new kid at my place of employment. I am typically working 4pm-12am or 12am-8am CDT, so I am either working during the meetings or I am sleeping so I am not dead during my upcoming shift. Clearly if I am working during the meetings, I won't be able to join them unless the weather is quiet, but if I am working on an early morning shift I may be able to maneuver my sleep schedule around the meetings.
      • Be more active on all topics on admin boards rather than selective subjects I feel strongly about, as well as bring up more topics and ideas of change. The medal system is something I've felt strongly about for some time, so it is nice that others have brought it up - but perhaps I could've brought that up before. I should be less hesitant to bring up topics, what's the worst that could happen.. it's declined? 
      • Potentially look into the Rules Committee again, as it is something that still interests me - but on the other hand I think these positions should go to other ranks within the community to provide a well-rounded team, rather than another Officer or General.

Conclusion:

I hope this provides a brief summary of who I am, what I have done thus far, and what I would like to dip my toes into more in the future. If you have any questions or would like to elaborate further on any topics - please do not hesitate to poke me about it! I look forward to reading and responding to all input and feedback. As this is my first evaluation, please let me know if I missed anything. I read through some previous ones to get an idea on what to include but I just want to make sure 🙂

As a reminder, for those not fully familiar with the current evaluation process:

Posts are limited to two question posts (which can have multiple questions per post), and one opinion or statement post per person.

Edited by MelodicRose(OD)
Small grammar edits
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

First things first thank you for posting a eval sweet kait . 
you have been in od for while now which game have you most enjoyed playing and helping out with and why  .🌹🌹

Edited by Sassy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I swear, both you and RedIce got my message and basically sprinted at the forums.... lol

---

I'm sure some people are going to be turned away by the wall of text. I know it's not my style of Eval posting. But reading through it, it answered a lot of my questions I was planning on asking here for you. If not all of them. But as this is your first time in the big leagues. I can't just let you go without ANY questions. 

----

Kait,

While you're arguably fairly active around the community with the founding of the minecraft division along side SalinePandora. Your activity within LoL and always looking for a rejuvenation in that squad and your work in the Social Media team just to name a few. 

Your presence around the community sometimes is like an echo... or a shadow. 

Your past accomplishments are for sure noteworthy and your recent ones are definitely something to encourage and reward. 

But the elephant in the room I'd like to address here is your something you pointed out yourself. How quiet and withdrawn you can be which has been only empowered by your inability to come to most meetings and participate in community functions due to your work schedule.

In the past we've had Generals that have had issues with not being able to handle the work/life/community balance and fizzled out back into the officer ranks. 

You touched on this in your eval mentioning that you live on the forums and always listen to the meeting recordings when they are available. 

Do you think this is enough to balance your current inability to come to meetings and attend events as they are happening in most occasions? 

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Sassy said:

First things first thank you for posting a eval sweet kait . 
you have been in od for while now which game have you most enjoyed playing and helping out with and why  .🌹🌹

Out of all the games I've played, I think I'd pick FFXIV since I still play that today. It was an interesting experience to play that game in more of a leadership role and organize events/get to know players in a different way, rather than just playing as a normal member like I had done in the past. It provided new difficulties in that aspect, but the game itself was beautiful and something I still love. It's hard to find good MMO's lately, but FFXIV will always be a love of mine. A couple of close second place answers would be Diablo 3 (those folks are awesome humans to play with, super helpful) and League.

10 hours ago, JD_FKA_Xayj(OD) said:

I swear, both you and RedIce got my message and basically sprinted at the forums.... lol

I'm not saying I ran to forums.. but I did start organizing my thoughts immediately during my work shift last night.. #dedicated. Onto your question!

10 hours ago, JD_FKA_Xayj(OD) said:

Kait,

While you're arguably fairly active around the community with the founding of the minecraft division along side SalinePandora. Your activity within LoL and always looking for a rejuvenation in that squad and your work in the Social Media team just to name a few. 

Your presence around the community sometimes is like an echo... or a shadow. 

Your past accomplishments are for sure noteworthy and your recent ones are definitely something to encourage and reward. 

But the elephant in the room I'd like to address here is your something you pointed out yourself. How quiet and withdrawn you can be which has been only empowered by your inability to come to most meetings and participate in community functions due to your work schedule.

In the past we've had Generals that have had issues with not being able to handle the work/life/community balance and fizzled out back into the officer ranks. 

You touched on this in your eval mentioning that you live on the forums and always listen to the meeting recordings when they are available. 

Do you think this is enough to balance your current inability to come to meetings and attend events as they are happening in most occasions? 

Regarding your question, I am currently working on a way to work in meetings/happenings around my sleep schedule as I want to attend them more often as is (as mentioned above). I had a better handle on it while I was in school, but that was because I wasn't living a nocturnal lifestyle in school. I know there are other members of the community who are unable to attend meetings and events that happen this late in the evening due to time zones and/or work life and manage to stay up to date and involved with the community - so I feel that it is something that is possible to do and can be done. It's not so much a matter of being so busy that I can't participate in the community, but moreso just my inability to move work shifts around as they are set in stone ~3 months in advance. I am around when I am not working overnight, but it just so happens that meetings are held in a really awkward time that I need to try to schedule around. It is a work in progress, but I think that it is able to be done as proven by other members within the community. 

I hope this answers your question and makes sense. If you want me to expand further, let me know. 

4 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Regarding your question, I am currently working on a way to work in meetings/happenings around my sleep schedule as I want to attend them more often as is (as mentioned above). I had a better handle on it while I was in school, but that was because I wasn't living a nocturnal lifestyle in school. I know there are other members of the community who are unable to attend meetings and events that happen this late in the evening due to time zones and/or work life and manage to stay up to date and involved with the community - so I feel that it is something that is possible to do and can be done. It's not so much a matter of being so busy that I can't participate in the community, but moreso just my inability to move work shifts around as they are set in stone ~3 months in advance. I am around when I am not working overnight, but it just so happens that meetings are held in a really awkward time that I need to try to schedule around. It is a work in progress, but I think that it is able to be done as proven by other members within the community. 

I hope this answers your question and makes sense. If you want me to expand further, let me know.

I feel like you covered my question in a satisfactory manner. We do currently have members of of the General/Commanders rank that don’t attend or occasionally miss meetings. I think that if you have a plan in place and you remain dedicated to stay on active and listen to recordings and chime in etc. this would keep the balance. 

I have no further questions for you at this time. 

Im comfortable giving you my support on your eval and proving you my +1. Good luck!

• Love 2

You get my full support kait goid luck with the rest of you’re eval plus 1 from me 🌹

I consider myself to be someone who watches quietly and speaks up after thinking long and hard about a topic, with thought out responses being something I pride myself in. 

While I was reading your evaluation, this caught my eye. I can vouch for this entirely since I have seen you discuss issues with Terra, I personally very much like the way you can debate and hold your ground, and I honestly took your side on some resolutions on the backstage of things, but for a specific reason, I decided to publicly go along with the other side.

This reason is, firstly, I have experienced personally, the situation where you have left a discussion in the middle of it, because you were discontent with the outcome of it. This will be a luxury that you will no longer have when you reach this next rank. All our Generals are expected to be level headed without exceptions.

And secondly, there was an incident with you and one of our Generals a year ago that didn't really have a satisfying resolution, so I will ask my two questions.

Are you prepared to bare when things go a way that you do not like, while continuing to express professionalism?

And secondly, do you have any plans to alleviate the incident that was put on hold the past year?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, R.agnarok(OD) said:

While I was reading your evaluation, this caught my eye. I can vouch for this entirely since I have seen you discuss issues with Terra, I personally very much like the way you can debate and hold your ground, and I honestly took your side on some resolutions on the backstage of things, but for a specific reason, I decided to publicly go along with the other side.

This reason is, firstly, I have experienced personally, the situation where you have left a discussion in the middle of it, because you were discontent with the outcome of it. This will be a luxury that you will no longer have when you reach this next rank. All our Generals are expected to be level headed without exceptions.

And secondly, there was an incident with you and one of our Generals a year ago that didn't really have a satisfying resolution, so I will ask my two questions.

Are you prepared to bare when things go a way that you do not like, while continuing to express professionalism?

And secondly, do you have any plans to alleviate the incident that was put on hold the past year?

First, thank you for the feedback and replying to my eval 🙂

In regards to your question discussing professionalism and handling things I disagree with, I will accept my faults where they are. I have, in the past, had a tendency to give up in a way and move myself out of a discussion or group working on something if it does not go in the way I exactly agree with. What I've come to realize over time, especially as of late, is what exactly is my logic on that front accomplishing? If I feel passionately about something, I should be willing to discuss it rationally and debate it out with others - not just give up when the going gets tough. This has been something I am still trying to do more of. With regard to professionalism in discussing such things, I've found that my past emotional fits and giving up has ultimately gotten things no where, if anything it has made things worse. If there has been anything I've learned in my past year of being in a professional realm in real life, it is that you need to remain level-headed to be taken seriously and listened to, which is something I've tried to expand upon since realizing. I've had some childish instances in my past and I'm at a point where I want to move forward and actually push towards things and have complex conversations, even if the outcome is not exactly what I wish it would be.

Regarding the second question, I have actually been anticipating questions regarding this incident. How that incident came about was me actually private messaging that General in question asking about his feedback on one of my promotions (moreover, asking how he came to such a conclusion of my character because I did not realize or hear of the problem he brought up) and following up with wanting to resolve past issues so that we can move forward. This was on April 29th of last year, and followed up on May 15th of last year. The messages were received and read, but I received no response. I discussed with another general if my actions in private messaging this member was out of line, to which I was told it was not. I discussed further my concerns with a commander, including other things I was concerned about, and that is where I received the message from all commanders on June 2nd of last year. I was not happy with the resolution then, I still am not thrilled with the resolution given now. I have not made an attempt to try to discuss past issues as I was told I was not permitted to speak or associate with the general involved. I've wanted to get this situation resolved in a way that all parties can move forward in a constructive way since last year, when I made the private message to begin with. The way to solve problems is to have both parties involved in discussion, and it seems that this is not something that was wanted when I tried last year. I want the drama to be resolved, I want there to be no bad air (at least it feels like there is), and I would like to move forward from that topic - so of course I am open to alleviating it. But, at the end of the day, this is not something that only I can want to resolve. My door will always be open regarding it and I hope that it is something that can be peacefully resolved in the future.

Hiya Rose

Ever since final fantasy fell through, I haven't really seen you in any particular division, but instead bouncing around from time to time. You have been in most of the divisions that we have including Diablo 3 when I was the co-lead. While in d3 I noticed that you often stuck to yourself for the most part unless specifically invited to join others. That being said, if you become a general do you plan on increasing your presence in any particular division or working towards improving your team play and being less of a "silent gamer" as you put it? 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:21 AM, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I am still a proud holder of several of the "Quietest Member in OD" awards though.

Thank you Rose for posting an evaluation.  I note that you list being a proud holder of a Clan Award, however, during the 7 awards'  that I hosted, I do not believe I received any nominations from you for any individual members although I do know you voted.  Just last October, in the Officers forum, when I was requesting nominations from Officers you replied that you "had not interacted a whole lot with any individual members" even when I said officers "lead by example", I still did not receive a single nomination from you.  How do you propose to be a General to the Clan as a whole if you do not interact with them?  

https://forum.overdosed.net/topic/69372-important-please-read/

On 6/15/2020 at 5:21 AM, MelodicRose(OD) said:
  • Continuing to work as co-lead within the Social Media Team
  • this is still an endeavor that we are working on fine-tuning and expanding on as we speak!
    • The team currently focuses on posts on Twitter and Facebook, with a goal to expand to Reddit in the near future. I am currently also evaluating on how we can revive the streaming efforts previously brought up within the clan and combine it into the social media effort we are already working on.
    • Overall, this project has been my baby for over the past year or so, especially when I was division-less and struggling to find a place in OD.

I have been a part of the social media team since May 2019, but my input is limited to posting on Facebook whatever content I can from either the forum or individual memes I come across.  I do know you have discussed in private pms with other members of the team some of your goals for the Clan, however, would you please expound on what growth you have been a part of on this team?

23 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

Hiya Rose

Ever since final fantasy fell through, I haven't really seen you in any particular division, but instead bouncing around from time to time. You have been in most of the divisions that we have including Diablo 3 when I was the co-lead. While in d3 I noticed that you often stuck to yourself for the most part unless specifically invited to join others. That being said, if you become a general do you plan on increasing your presence in any particular division or working towards improving your team play and being less of a "silent gamer" as you put it? 

Hai MooMoo 🙂

I will be honest, I have not found a division that has really caught my eye since FFXIV. I am a fantasy MMORPG player, that is what I am interested in and that is something that is currently not a piece of OD. The overall pool of these types of games are very small right now as is, so creating a new division game is.. not looking likely at the moment. When I played D3 for my short time frame, I'd ask around in channels and in game chats without much response, so I took that as a sign and backed off a bit. I've found a little home with Minecraft as of late due to having played it for many years now as an escape of sorts and the interest of my friends who have since joined the community as a result. This is where my presence will lie, but I'm happier as a floating community gamer who plays several games and would prefer to remain that way. My generalized belief is that Generals should be present in the community as a whole, not defined or holed up in one area, so doing that myself would be polar opposite of my personal beliefs on that front. That being said, I would not be entirely opposed to increasing my presence in a division, I just hadn't found a division to do that in until recently. 

16 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Thank you Rose for posting an evaluation.  I note that you list being a proud holder of a Clan Award, however, during the 7 awards'  that I hosted, I do not believe I received any nominations from you for any individual members although I do know you voted.  Just last October, in the Officers forum, when I was requesting nominations from Officers you replied that you "had not interacted a whole lot with any individual members" even when I said officers "lead by example", I still did not receive a single nomination from you.  How do you propose to be a General to the Clan as a whole if you do not interact with them?  

https://forum.overdosed.net/topic/69372-important-please-read/

First of all, hai purplez 🙂.. I am halfway tempted to write my responses to your posts in purple so it can match..

I am a proud holder of a community award, which is what I feel like the community awards should be limited to. I did not send recommendations because I overall did not agree exactly with the awards set up and the overall lack of regard to floating members. I do not know what people do within their individual games to nominate people, I'm more interested in awards that everyone in the community can be put up for (more superlatives, or clan-wide). This post was also in October, a few months after I moved across the country and overall had a lull in activity towards the community as I was trying to figure out how to be an adult on my own for the first time. I was not aware of what my fellow community members were doing after being away from involvement for a few months. Now that I have figured out some things that were required of me IRL and gotten back into the swing of things with my work schedule and working in game time in general, I'd be more than happy to nominate people for such awards - but I would like to see the format of the community awards looked at and potentially reworked. The last set of community awards was disappointing to see all of the "no vote" options checked, which is disheartening to see as a community member not tied to a division necessarily at the time. It seems like the care is only towards the divisions at times, which is great, but if I were to nominate people within the "community" division, which are the people I usually am playing with - that wouldn't sit well with me to see the section passed over to get to the divisional awards. That's just my two cents regarding the awards though. I would support them if they were more inclusive on a community level rather than division specific.

16 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

I have been a part of the social media team since May 2019, but my input is limited to posting on Facebook whatever content I can from either the forum or individual memes I come across.  I do know you have discussed in private pms with other members of the team some of your goals for the Clan, however, would you please expound on what growth you have been a part of on this team?

Sure, I would happily detail the growths of the team and I will detail further my plans for 2020 since last year was a little lackluster due to my move.

Overall, I will credit the success and engagement on the Facebook page to you Purplez since you are our primary poster at the moment. The team started 2019 with approximately 10 members on the team. Fast forward to now, we are down to five - one of which is IA. We have sectioned off v3n0m as our Twitter poster (with the assistance of JD and I), and Purplez is our most active Facebook poster. Aside from the Facebook and the Twitter, two goals I had was to assist in helping with the OD Newsletter and updates (was being run by a member that is now disabled/banned) and work on figuring out the specifics of expanding to Reddit. These were goals I listed before I graduated college, and based off of my original post above - you know what happened after (graduating, moving, learning how to live by myself). There were also hints of discussion regarding the streaming side - namely Youtube content & Twitch - which were being looked into by Tris & Triny at the time. We had several people posting on Facebook, and two people posting on Twitter. I would back up where one was lacking content while also working out details on expansion/recruiting. We held a meeting with the members last summer, ran across some troubling posts regarding said now banned members, and then I mentioned potentially going on temporary IA (which I should have done now looking back on it). I pruned members who weren't posting by October, also mentioned then that I was still going through some life things going on. 

Going forward into 2020, with JD back involved we have been in discussion on actually implementing the Reddit page and how it would be a breathe of fresh air in the current times. Twitter can often fill your feed with things you don't follow, which has made social media a difficult thing to be a part of lately (mentally exhausted of the chaos of the world lately). Expanding to this would allow members to post on the OD subreddit with recruitment messages and tags. The problem is that you need to have accrued a certain amount of "karma," think of it like post likes or things to value activity - so what I have been doing is buffing up my current account to get the amount of karma required to make the actual subreddit. We got the social media added to the forums sections at the top of forums page - which to my understanding was a discussion that was being had in a post I did not have access to (communication). The rest of 2020's goals I have listed in my original post - so I won't expand much further unless you'd like me to or want me to expand on a specific topic you may be hinting at.

In general, 2019 was our starting year - we started with a decent bang but the end of the year moved into a lull of sorted much to my own fault due to reasons I've already mentioned. I've got plans in motion currently, but it's being done on back-end and won't be made public until they are actually ready. As a leadership role, I do not do a lot of the posting unless I specifically see post inactivity occurring - I spend more time focused on working how to expand our reach, how can we get more views on Facebook (looking at potential ads), and getting more people on the team. I'd like 2020 to be a bang year, with these goals met by the end.

Thank you for the complex questions, I enjoyed thinking hard with them :3

Kait,

I like the way our jobs cross paths.  I was raised 19 years in tornado chasing OK to spending 28 of the last 33 down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast riding out hurricanes all the while working on equipment that connects to your line of work.  It is fascinating.  Ok, on to the more serious stuff. 

It would appear to me that you have been involved with a lot of projects that would normally be taken care of by generals, for that I tip my hat to you.  I see a lot of chatter in this eval suggesting that you are little shy and withdrawn?  I have heard you speak in admin meetings and you appeared confident and intelligent, so I really don't feel that would be a problem for you.  I respect your previous accomplishments and look forward to your new ones.  You can count on my +1 

A couple of questions for you:

1. What quality do you possess that will help you succeed as a general?

2. What do you think your next mainstay game will be?

5 minutes ago, RadarRick(OD) said:

Kait,

I like the way our jobs cross paths.  I was raised 19 years in tornado chasing OK to spending 28 of the last 33 down here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast riding out hurricanes all the while working on equipment that connects to your line of work.  It is fascinating.  Ok, on to the more serious stuff. 

It would appear to me that you have been involved with a lot of projects that would normally be taken care of by generals, for that I tip my hat to you.  I see a lot of chatter in this eval suggesting that you are little shy and withdrawn?  I have heard you speak in admin meetings and you appeared confident and intelligent, so I really don't feel that would be a problem for you.  I respect your previous accomplishments and look forward to your new ones.  You can count on my +1 

A couple of questions for you:

1. What quality do you possess that will help you succeed as a general?

2. What do you think your next mainstay game will be?

We definitely need to chat more about tornado chasing experiences! I have only chased once, in 2017, but it was in Oklahoma and it was awesome 🙂 Oklahoma is definitely someplace I could see myself living someday, but the winters so far in the midwest have made me rethink that wish a few times 😉

Regarding your questions:

1. To be honest, one of my decent traits may also be considered one of my worst. When I believe in something, I will speak about it and will be very straightforward about it. This can also be my downfall at times, how straightforward and blatantly honest I can be about things I am passionate about. It is one of the things I have to think very hard about and specify that, hey.. I don't mean this poorly but.. so on. I also take great pride in being a community member more often than not as of late. When I think of generals and the people of higher rank that I go to for information or problems, I go to the ones that I am more comfortable around - the ones who bounce around and interact with several communities rather than just their base division because it feels like I am less of an intrusion to their current discussions/channels. In some ways, I think that not having a main division more times than not is beneficial in that aspect. It's something I've grown to be proud of rather than disappointed in.
  2. To be honest, I'm unsure what my next main game will be. I am currently with Minecraft and intend to be for the time being, but I will be honest and say that it is not my end all be all game of choice. It's a fun game to de-stress with and play with friends on - which is something I've grown to enjoy as of late. I've been scoping the market for good MMORPG games, but the pool is slim (I'm also very picky). Games that contain a good fantasy storyline, dungeons/group activities, and beautiful graphics are hard to come by. I am still an active player of FFXIV, so I play that with people too to keep my MMO addiction somewhat met. 

will you attend MMOrehab ? second question : shiskaberry right ? both are meaningless to my vote as you have always been there to help me and I cant see why you wouldnt progress further we just gotta make you a little cut throat and mean like me 😄

I'll be honest I would like to give you a chance as a general but haven't seen you around consistently enough to approve it. I think you could make a decent general but would need to show a stronger desire to move up. I'm not sure if there will be enough people with the same view as me to prevent your promotion but if there are then I'd love to see how you improve between now and the next time you are put up. It's a no for me this time but good luck rose!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2020 at 8:39 PM, TypeReaL(OD) said:

will you attend MMOrehab ? second question : shiskaberry right ? both are meaningless to my vote as you have always been there to help me and I cant see why you wouldnt progress further we just gotta make you a little cut throat and mean like me 😄

I do not need MMOrehab >:(.. Secondly what is a shiskaberry. It sounds cool. I appreciate your kind words as always Type ❤️

10 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

I'll be honest I would like to give you a chance as a general but haven't seen you around consistently enough to approve it. I think you could make a decent general but would need to show a stronger desire to move up. I'm not sure if there will be enough people with the same view as me to prevent your promotion but if there are then I'd love to see how you improve between now and the next time you are put up. It's a no for me this time but good luck rose!

That is perfectly fine! I appreciate your criticisms and concerns. Part of the reason I wanted to proceed with the eval process was to learn and grow from the experience, so I appreciate the feedback you've given me 🙂

On a side note pertaining to my responses to everyone who will post in the next few days, I am temporarily hit and miss in terms of activity until the 1st of July. We've had to do some unexpected travelling due to a loss on my boyfriend's side and we are working towards getting back into the swing of things on top of emotionally getting back into the swing of things.

• Like 2

I'm going to jump right into my questions for you Rose and I'll summarize my opinion after my questions.

1) What was the most difficult time you've ever had here in OD. How did you overcome the difficulty and the challenges it presented?

2) Can you elaborate on a time where you had to enforce or administrate something?

3) Specifically in regards to your Conflict Resolution, can you explain the processes you will take to resolve a conflict?

4) Do you foresee any complications when it comes to fulfilling the responsibilities that General will have, and how do you plan to address any complications.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:54 AM, Aerineth(OD) said:

I'm going to jump right into my questions for you Rose and I'll summarize my opinion after my questions.

1) What was the most difficult time you've ever had here in OD. How did you overcome the difficulty and the challenges it presented?

2) Can you elaborate on a time where you had to enforce or administrate something?

3) Specifically in regards to your Conflict Resolution, can you explain the processes you will take to resolve a conflict?

4) Do you foresee any complications when it comes to fulfilling the responsibilities that General will have, and how do you plan to address any complications.

Coming in here with these challenging questions, I will summon the heat of hell upon you and you don't get to complain about it to me.

1. The time that I immediately jump to is watching my division fall apart and then figuring out what to do from then on. FFXIV was my baby at the time, I looked forward to being online on a daily basis and interacting with the members - everyone was a friend of mine and I cherished the time I had to game with all of them. They pulled me through some tough times in real life, that most probably wouldn't even have known about, but the overall community within that division was beautiful and it's something I still miss to this day. When people started leaving OD and not taking as much interest in that aspect anymore, it kind of gutted me. I had been gone for exams for a while (not avoidable, college.. eugh) and came back to a good chunk of our people gone and moved on. We dropped below member requirements shortly after and after several attempts at continued recruitment, it was time to bump back to a squad and figure out where to go next. The overall resolution was to move on entirely from the game for the time being. The steps to overcome the entire situation and the loss of the overall small community that I had come to appreciate was to work on moving forward and trying to find another way to be a part of the community. Something I have learned over my time here is that dwelling on failures and losses is not something that will end up benefiting you - it will be a stuck negativity in your mind and in the end you really just need to find something to move onto and get back into things. A regret I have is how long it took me to do that, how long it took me to feel alright with just being a part of the community as a whole again rather than hiding in my division. Stepping outside of my comfort zone has been a struggle of mine, but once I figured out that there aren't many losses when you decide to step out of that zone, it has been something I have been trying to do a bit more often. A crappy situation overall, but dwelling on it is never good and I've tried my best to just move forward and immerse myself in other things that allow me some interaction within the community. 
  2. I think this is a blessing & a curse at the same time, but I cannot think of a time where I have ever had to use my rank to "enforce" something. I'm a firm believer in discussion to resolve conflicts and problems, rather than punishment & demotions. Most of my problems have resided in simple rule enforcement, things that a talk and discussion of rules was an easy fix for - and never had a problem from then on out.
  3. As I mentioned above, I am a firm believer in conversations when it comes to conflict resolution, and I feel that sometimes it is not done or is not done until after things are heated & past the point of healthy discussion. My first gut instinct when it comes to a multiple-party problem is to get everyone together to air differences and work towards a resolution together. I understand that this is not something that can be done in all circumstances, but the ones I have been a piece of could have been genuinely resolved in a peaceful and non-bad manner if everyone could just talk, settle differences, work towards what we can do better, and move on for that better. I hate the idea of pushing the ranks on people, so that side of administration would not be done unless it is simply just not justifiable to have conversations anymore (BM/insane rule breaking/etc).
  4. As I've mentioned before, I do not foresee complications aside from perhaps a slight struggle with Admin/General meetings and the conflicts of when my work hours are. I try to always post when I'm working in the threads that are posted, so that there is a reason as to why I am not there, and then follow up with reading all the division updates & listening to the full recordings. I do my part where I can on that aspect, but outside of that problem - I do not foresee complications at this time.

I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently, let me know if there is anything you would like me to expand upon.

• Like 1