Sony PS5 reveal: 'Daring' new design, and more!!

sony-playstation-5.png

Sony's new look for the PlayStation 5.

Today Sony's finally revealed the PlayStation 5 in full. It showcased a fresh white design alongside a new suite of games that includes the return of familiar characters interspersed with entirely new titles, some of which looked dazzling.

The games were shown alongside the new look for the device, which is tall and thin and colored white on its front and back, with blue light and black accent colors on its sides. The company said it will reveal a price and launch date for the PS5 later. The company also said there will be a discless "all digital" version, which had been reported about since 2012.

More Details here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/sony-ps5-reveal-daring-new-design-spider-man-sequel-and-all-the-other-trailers-shown/

• Like 1

I actually despise the design of the PS5 and yes of course the price tag is terrible as well. Hopefully they will have a black one to choose from as well, who does white controllers only?

I dislike the white, I'mma be honest. I do kind of regret purchasing my ps4 a couple months ago though, should've just waited.

"Newest Gen" consoles have typically been the equivalent of top-of-the-line PC's 5-10 years ago. That said, comparing them to current PC standards are always going to be "lackluster" at best... The one thing Consoles have going for them is the ability to play multiplayer in person from your couch, but graphics has pretty much always been just behind the PC, so I for one can admit that I will NOT  be getting a PS5... That aside, the new design is definitely a "fresh look", but I'm not sure about how it will fit inside most entertainment / tv stands if it can only stand vertically... And if you get the edition that has the disc drive, It will definitely be an "odd" shape with a thick hump on one side (if you lay it on the flat side)... I'm not impressed with practicality of the design, but I think they were prioritizing going for the "stand out" factor more, which they got us talking about it, so marketing dept. +1! They haven't even released the price tag yet... my guess is for the new gen of consoles is around $500- $600.

11 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

"Newest Gen" consoles have typically been the equivalent of top-of-the-line PC's 5-10 years ago. That said, comparing them to current PC standards are always going to be "lackluster" at best... The one thing Consoles have going for them is the ability to play multiplayer in person from your couch, but graphics has pretty much always been just behind the PC, so I for one can admit that I will NOT  be getting a PS5... That aside, the new design is definitely a "fresh look", but I'm not sure about how it will fit inside most entertainment / tv stands if it can only stand vertically... And if you get the edition that has the disc drive, It will definitely be an "odd" shape with a thick hump on one side (if you lay it on the flat side)... I'm not impressed with practicality of the design, but I think they were prioritizing going for the "stand out" factor more, which they got us talking about it, so marketing dept. +1! They haven't even released the price tag yet... my guess is for the new gen of consoles is around $500- $600.

Hell, I bought my ps4 after I got my returns back and it was still $400.. I don't even want to guess the prices T_T"