Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)

JD_FKA_Xayj(OD) Eval the 3rd

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Wave.gif.968b934a9cff4941fda4934770eb4901.gifHello Everyone! Welcome to my 3rd Evaluation.Wave.gif.968b934a9cff4941fda4934770eb4901.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OK.gif.42c55a3f352238c1ff2514152e2b97d0.gifWhat have you accomplished since your last evaluation?OK.gif.42c55a3f352238c1ff2514152e2b97d0.gif

 

Pre-DisablementFail.gif.f92c1e1392c472ce5980e9119de2660b.gif

  1. Spoiler

     

    1. Disbanded the Destiny 2 Division as the community of the game no longer supported the continuance of a division. Many of our members left the game to play other things as there was no content at the time.
    2. Stepped down from my general rank for mental health reasons.
    3. Eventually asked to be disabled by Terra, I was gone from the Community for 200 days before returning.

     

     

 

Post-Disablement(my return to activity)286027176_Ohyeah.gif.f7dfe67c786085b45e7f79632c29a7a6.gif

  1. Spoiler

     

    1. Began to work on and became the Co-Lead of the Social Media Team under @MelodicRose(OD).
    2. During this work we saw the creation and growth of the media team which still exists today. The team posts content to our Twitter and our Facebook accounts respectively. 
    3. My specific role on the team was/is to work on ways to help bring views to our community media on the back-end. A big way I've done this since ties into the work I've done on discord with the Social Media Integrations I've created and continue to maintain with the permission of our generals/commanders.
    4. Worked on helping modernizing the discord. This includes but is not limited to. Channel creation/editing/formatting, Role auditing/editing/creating, Making sure our discord is as aligned to how our teamspeak worked. (This is still a work in progress as discord evolves and we get more bots etc... to work with how the discord is formatted is changed to better the community. 
    5. Coordinated with other leaders & Generals to help them better understand the new platform of discord(Created at least 1 administration guide as of this post) 
    6. Started the Halo Squad and recruited members within the community
    7. Helped @SalinePandora(OD) start the Minecraft squad and mentor him so he may better achieve his goals
    8. Founded the Halo Division which with the help of my hand crafted team we have recruited members and held as of this post 2 successful event nights. Huge shout out to my co-leads @Raged(OD) and @Zakspeeed(OD) for being amazing leaders in the roles they were assigned for R&R and Events. 

     

 

 

 

 

Dance.gif.4c7b181aa5e7cb37d1b9314137730318.gifWhat are some community minded achievements or goals that you’ve been focusing on or have achieved since your last eval?Dance.gif.4c7b181aa5e7cb37d1b9314137730318.gif

 

  1. Spoiler

     

    1. Helped Rebuild Discord (Work in Progress)
    2. Social Media Integration (Work in Progress)
    3. Continue helping develop members of OD interested in becoming future leaders

     

     

 

 

 

What are your future goals for yourself in the community?

(Promoted or not)

 

  1.  
Spoiler

 

  1. Convince Terra to change her name to Failsafe (This is totally a joke from my old eval in 2018. I will high five anyone if they remember where this joke came from)
  2. Be better about moving around the community again(Another carry over from my previous eval. But I think this rings true now too. I've become insulated with the people I spend my time with. But I think I've been Much better since moving to discord. 
  3. Try to get my (Work in Progress) idea of a True Officer > General Mentor Program
  4. Continue to find that ultimate life/work/Community Balance( I feel I've ultimately done a much better job on this. I don't stay up as late. I don't kill myself with work. I make sure my mental health comes first. Thus making sure the burn out doesn't hit and when it creeps up I can shrug it off)

 

The idea of the program would partially modify the evaluation process as this would be injected into it. 

 

The basic idea of this program is mainly to focus on our members that want to be generals. If these members are already the rank of Col. They would be voted on whether they could enter the program or not. If they get approved a general/commander will be appointed to them to be their mentor. This will most likely be restricted to 2*-Commanders as 1* Generals are still busy getting their feet wet and usually running a division or a massive community project that was largely responsible for gaining them the notoriety to become a general. 

 

The Mentor assigned to the member would give them a true training in what it would be like to be a general. They would give them responsibilities during their Admin meeting host turn. They would help coach them in administrative work that is done on a general level. 

 

I would love the draw our that idea here more. But we're not here ultimately to vote on my proposal. If promoted this idea is something I would be further developing with our administration team and trying to be put into place if possible. 

 

 

 

 

286027176_Ohyeah.gif.f7dfe67c786085b45e7f79632c29a7a6.gif I hope I have answered all concerns/questions here with being put up for eval. But I welcome any questions as always! Yes yes.gif

 

 

 

 Just a reminder to those not familiar with the current process: Posts are limited to 2 question posts (can have multiple questions per post), and 1 opinion / statement post, per person. If you are unsure of rank expectations, please check Item 1.3 on this thread: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/65260-overdosed-the-guide-to-everything/#comment-803840

 

 

 

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First!

 

Well it didn't take u long to put up your eval lol. I can't think of any questions I have for you. I think your work lately speaks for itself as to why you deserve this promotion. Best of luck JD u have my support!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich(OD) said:

First!

 

Well it didn't take u long to put up your eval lol. I can't think of any questions I have for you. I think your work lately speaks for itself as to why you deserve this promotion. Best of luck JD u have my support!

 

Yeah, I figured once I was nominated I would get to it. The sooner I got it done the less I had to think about having to write it. 

 

Thanks for your support. I've been working hard since coming back to the community to help move us forward and progress as is our current desire to do so. Just trying to play my part. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since we started working together with Halo when it was just a squad JD has been a clan mentor to me. JD is almost always readily available when I have questions, need advice, or need something done that I can't do on the admin side of things. JD recognizes, teaches, and provides opportunities for those of a lower rank than him within our divison to help out with proper delegation. They have done this by delegating the R&R part of our division to me and the events side of things to @Zakspeeed(OD). JD also posts on the division admin forum along with the officers forum. They also present their own original ideas and discussions as demonstrated in this eval. JD is a pillar of our division and provides for our members by voting on trial members, promotions, gives out medals here and there. They also interact with all of the new members we have joining each week and helps make them feel at home. You have my full support, and I wish you the best on your possible promotion to brigadier general! 🙂

 

-Raged(OD)😁

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Raged(OD) said:

Ever since we started working together with Halo when it was just a squad JD has been a clan mentor to me. JD is almost always readily available when I have questions, need advice, or need something done that I can't do on the admin side of things. JD recognizes, teaches, and provides opportunities for those of a lower rank than him within our divison to help out with proper delegation. They have done this by delegating the R&R part of our division to me and the events side of things to @Zakspeeed(OD). JD also posts on the division admin forum along with the officers forum. They also present their own original ideas and discussions as demonstrated in this eval. JD is a pillar of our division and provides for our members by voting on trial members, promotions, gives out medals here and there. They also interact with all of the new members we have joining each week and helps make them feel at home. You have my full support, and I wish you the best on your possible promotion to brigadier general! 🙂

 

-Raged(OD)😁

 

Thank you for your kind words Raged. I do my very best to fulfill the roles I have within not just our ever growing division but our community as a whole. 

 

I look forever to working with you for as long as we can keep it going. 🙂❤️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD it’s so nice to see you doing another evaluation ❤️
I seen just what you have done since you’re return you really have pushed the boat out yet again I have no questions as you’re action are speaking volumes good luck with the rest you’re eval you get my plus 1 ❤️❤️

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sassy said:

JD it’s so nice to see you doing another evaluation ❤️
I seen just what you have done since you’re return you really have pushed the boat out yet again I have no questions as you’re action are speaking volumes good luck with the rest you’re eval you get my plus 1 ❤️❤️

 

Sassy, thank you so much for the kind words. I hope the rest of my eval goes as well as it has. Thank you for your support. 🙂❤️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I was going to just come on here and roast you because that's what good friends do.. but it's been a while since I've actually commented on one of these..

 

The one thing that stands out to me since you've returned is how you've dipped your toe in a little of everything. From assisting me with ideas in social media (we need to have a talk about this btw buddy), working your tail off on Halo AND getting Saline set up with Minecraft, getting Discord set up for the clan transition finally, and many other things that I could list for a while.. you've really jumped back into the deep end here.

 

With this jumping back into things, I have some concerns/questions/comments, however you wish to label it:

  • How will you stay afloat and balance all of these Clan OD responsibilities while also handling your IRL responsibilities?
  • How will you manage a balance of leadership and gaming so you do not burn out/stress yourself out?

I know why you left the first time round, and I am more than elated to see you back and hang out with you again - you're a great human with a lovely personality.. I have no doubt that you would make a fantastic general (again), but I don't want to see you step back down again. I want to see you kick ass because I know you can do it.

 

Also, you suck at Minecraft and I'm a better miner than you and I have the best shiny blue rocks known to mankind and you can't have them.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

You know, I was going to just come on here and roast you because that's what good friends do.. but it's been a while since I've actually commented on one of these..

 

The one thing that stands out to me since you've returned is how you've dipped your toe in a little of everything. From assisting me with ideas in social media (we need to have a talk about this btw buddy), working your tail off on Halo AND getting Saline set up with Minecraft, getting Discord set up for the clan transition finally, and many other things that I could list for a while.. you've really jumped back into the deep end here.

 

With this jumping back into things, I have some concerns/questions/comments, however you wish to label it:

  • How will you stay afloat and balance all of these Clan OD responsibilities while also handling your IRL responsibilities?
  • How will you manage a balance of leadership and gaming so you do not burn out/stress yourself out?

I know why you left the first time round, and I am more than elated to see you back and hang out with you again - you're a great human with a lovely personality.. I have no doubt that you would make a fantastic general (again), but I don't want to see you step back down again. I want to see you kick ass because I know you can do it.

 

Also, you suck at Minecraft and I'm a better miner than you and I have the best shiny blue rocks known to mankind and you can't have them.

 

 

 

Ah, some questions... I wondered when these would come... LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!

"How will you stay afloat and balance all of these Clan OD responsibilities while also handling your IRL responsibilities?"

 

As I stated in my OG post I've gotten better at the balance of life/gaming/work etc... I no longer spend 14 hour days performing admin stuff or just dedicated to OD anymore. I split them between my various responsibilities. Does this mean I don't occasionally veg out in front of my computer for 8-10 hours on a weekend with y'all? Of course I will and have occasionally. But, that is and will be on the more rare side. My time spent on anything nowadays is limited to a handful of hours unless it's something I need to focus heavily on. Like how I spent some extra time yesterday with OD doing admin stuff before gaming. But then getting off at the reasonable time of 1030 to spend time before bed with Shannon. 

 

--

 

"How will you manage a balance of leadership and gaming so you do not burn out/stress yourself out?"

 

This ties into my first answer a bit... But I also have a plan for this and it's already being enacted. In the past I had a REALLY hard time delegating tasks I enjoyed doing and filled up my plate. I've learned to be much better with this. If you look to @Raged(OD) and what he posted here as well as my post. You'll see that I've been delegating tasks in my division to members and specifically handpicked @Zakspeeed(OD) to hand off the event team to when I saw how amazing he was. I want to groom future leaders and do so through the administrative work I do here. Thus giving me more time to game with all my friends.

 

----

 

I hope I answered your questions in full. ❤️ If not just yell at me and I'll do some more writing. 🙂 lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look who was able to drag me out of my hiding place.......

 

I wont say much as for what you have done lately but your always a good dude Xayj sometimes you can be a bit overly passionate about things but cant we all. Goodluck on your eval 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

Look who was able to drag me out of my hiding place.......

 

I wont say much as for what you have done lately but your always a good dude Xayj sometimes you can be a bit overly passionate about things but cant we all. Goodluck on your eval 

 

Well... It's if not a fellow lurker... lol.

 

Well, I can't say I'm lurking anymore... I'm glad to see you came out. You were always a big part of my support system when we were finding our way through the senior ranks together and eventually became generals. 

 

I will never forget the time you took to have the heart to heart conversation with me when I stepped down from Brig. General. 

 

Yes, My passion comes out in much I do. I've learned to temper it a bit. Where I can't do that I've learned to take responsibility for the actions I take and the words I say. We have one life to live and our passions shouldn't ruin the friendships we hope to last a lifetime.  But of course It's all still a work in progress. 

 

Thank you for taking the time Dabomb. ❤️  

 

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JD I love the layout and artwork on your evaluation.  Just a wonderful example of how skillful you are.  Since getting to know you, I have admired your skill level in many areas and your dedication to Clan OD.  You offer so much of yourself and your time to the Clan, and it is VERY appreciated!

 

Just one question at this time for you …  you have been in the Clan since 2016, so I am sure you have noticed that change comes very slowly at times.  How will you handle a situation where you make a proposed change and put a lot of time and effort into your suggestion, and nothing seems to be done on it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

JD I love the layout and artwork on your evaluation.  Just a wonderful example of how skillful you are.  Since getting to know you, I have admired your skill level in many areas and your dedication to Clan OD.  You offer so much of yourself and your time to the Clan, and it is VERY appreciated!

 

Just one question at this time for you …  you have been in the Clan since 2016, so I am sure you have noticed that change comes very slowly at times.  How will you handle a situation where you make a proposed change and put a lot of time and effort into your suggestion, and nothing seems to be done on it?

 

Cindy, first and foremost I'd like to say as mutual lovers of the color purple. I'm not surprised you enjoy how I create my posts. 🙂 It's my favorite color too. I use it here and there. But I try and not over use it 😛 lol. Either way I really appreciate that you enjoy the time and effort I put into stylizing my posts.

 

In regards to how I would react/handle the time in which a proposal of mine gets implemented. Or the chance it doesn't ever at all. As the person who helped found the concept of our current committee system with the assistance of @Badboi(OD), that took months. Several of the committee proposals never made it past the concept stage. 

 

I've proposed many things big and small in my time here in OD. Some have been accepted, while some bounced off the admin team to never been seen again. My reactions to these things have been varied in the past. Sometimes I didn't care at all as they were just ideas. Sometimes I was annoyed. 

But as I stated in my eval, I've learned to temper how I deal with things and take control of myself and my reactions at this point in my life. I don't foresee a failure to launch of a proposed idea to slow me down or cause me to go nuclear as it might have in the past. 

Something like that might have happened in the past when I was burning the candle on both ends and dedicating 10-15ish hours a day to OD. But I've learned to balance my life much better now. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to post on my eval Cindy! ❤️   

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Update

 

As I stated in my eval I was working on guides. Since posting my eval I have submitted 3 to the academy and 2 of which have been reviewed and accepted. 

 

You can find these at the links below.

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

Update 2

 

Posted for review as of 4/3/2020

 

 

Edited by JD_FKA_Xayj(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

excellent work JD and support your eval +1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hari(OD) said:

excellent work JD and support your eval +1

 

Thank you for your support Hari. 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a former co lead of the D3 division I have witnessed ups and downs first hand and the first thing that I see when I look at the Halo division is that there are 45 members as of this post with only 3 members being above enlisted rank (and 0 WO's). How do you feel the Halo division as a whole handles activity levels and rewards for the members it has? What can you do to encourage keeping DSL low and actively checking the site / forums?

 

 

 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that but you already have my +1 as well. Well deserved!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

As a former co lead of the D3 division I have witnessed ups and downs first hand and the first thing that I see when I look at the Halo division is that there are 45 members as of this post with only 3 members being above enlisted rank (and 0 WO's). How do you feel the Halo division as a whole handles activity levels and rewards for the members it has? What can you do to encourage keeping DSL low and actively checking the site / forums?

 

 

 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that but you already have my +1 as well. Well deserved!

 

Currently we're a brand new division that's exploded with activity thanks heavily to Raged and his more than impressive recruiting skills. As of recently I've thrown my hat back in the recruitment ring and have picked up 2 more recruits of my own to add to his massive pile. 

 

Together I think we've done a great job with recognizing the new members and their hard work. We've created an events team of members that have stepped up to the plate to help. One of those being @Zakspeeed(OD) who has done such a good job that we offered him a Co-Lead spot. 

 

We make sure we're applying medals to our members and regularly promoting/voting on them. 

 

You may wonder why I keep saying WE when this is MY eval. Well, in the past I've had issues with being a one man band so to speak. Handling almost all jobs myself. This time around I've gotten much better at distrubuting tasks to make sure I'm 1. not overworking myself and 2. giving these members and up and coming leaders a chance to show their efforts and leadership skills. 

 

I've stated that a big goal of mine is growing the leadership skills of new leader to benefit the future of OD.

 

---

 

As far as the DSL goes. As of today I've launched the "Cortana" MEE6 Bot that will be sending out automated messaged like this below. This is akin to what our D2 division does with their channel bots. It will also be reminding them about the promotion list and where they can find the list and will link them to my promotion guide in the academy.

 

738SXxe.png 

 

 

I hope I was able to answer your questions and thank you so much for your support! 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we've had our lumps in the past but it looks like the extra time you've gained, OD has profited and taken full advantage, thanks largely in your extraordinary efforts.

 

I love a good come back story and you've done an excellent job since your hiatus. Keep it up, and if you need another breather, I'm sure you'll pick up right where you left off.

 

Congrats and good luck moving forward 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SuNSeT said:

I know we've had our lumps in the past but it looks like the extra time you've gained, OD has profited and taken full advantage, thanks largely in your extraordinary efforts.

 

I love a good come back story and you've done an excellent job since your hiatus. Keep it up, and if you need another breather, I'm sure you'll pick up right where you left off.

 

Congrats and good luck moving forward 

 

Sunset. our past is for sure littered with little scuffles. But going forward I'm hoping that we can work together in what ever capacity to better OD. 

 

I think that the changes I've made in my personal life have made my time here in OD more impact and easier to manage even though I'm doing just as much if not more than my previous active periods. 

 

Thank you for kind words and taking the time to post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

JD, I have no doubt that you will make a great General! You’ve been constantly busy putting together tutorials for our Officer’s Academy, Discord, and setting a great example as a leader should!! Very helpful to all your peers, GM, and very professional & organized. Halo is doing a phenomenal job with you & Raged running the show, with recruiting & setting events for members to partake in.  All I see is good things coming your way so keep up the great work and only reach higher #SkystheLimit  Good Luck! (posting this off my phone don’t like how this is aligned  sorry lol)

Edited by Sil3NtKilL(OD)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sil3NtKilL(OD) said:

JD, I have no doubt that you will make a great General! You’ve been constantly busy putting together tutorials for our Officer’s Academy, Discord, and setting a great example as a leader should!! Very helpful to all your peers, GM, and very professional & organized. Halo is doing a phenomenal job with you & Raged running the show, with recruiting & setting events for members to partake in.  All I see is good things coming your way so keep up the great work and only reach higher #SkystheLimit  Good Luck! (posting this off my phone don’t like how this is aligned  sorry lol)

 

 

Thanks for the kind words SK. I work hard to make OD a fun place for the members we bring in and care about. 

 

Since writing this eval I've started my own recruitment push in Halo as well beyond just founding the division. I'm getting close to double digits. 🙂 Can't let Raged do all the work with recruit just because he runs R&R can I? lol

 

Our events led by Zakspeeed are only getting better and better. We're constantly trying to evolve to bring a better experience to our members and the community. 

 

I can't say I'm not happy with what we've built together and with what I've accomplished since coming back. But as you said. The Sky is the limit. ❤️ 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone who has ever graced the steam store during a steam sale. Most of you are familiar with the "Lord Gaben Steam Sale" meme Video. 

 

So... because I'm a lunatic and have way to much free time on my hands during my work hours recently. 

 

So I give you my version of this video via my eval thus far. Enjoy! 🤣

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MmlTaOaCNY

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much time indeed.

JD you've been in OD for quite a few years now, and this isn't the first time you've played some noticeable roles in the Clan. (Or even the first time you would become a General) As such I've had a pretty good opportunity to see your strengths and weaknesses at this point. Historically one of your biggest drawbacks was that you were always a candle that burned brightly but flickered out quickly, you would always dive into a project with passion and enthusiasm only to quickly tire out, causing your project to stagnate. If you have improved the balance of your life and stress as you say, and as you appear to be doing, then that would make you a formidable drive for change and improvement.

 

I feel my colleagues have asked some pretty sufficient questions of you, so I don't have any questions of my own. I do have a few suggestions to pass on though.

 

First - Passionate is a very accurate term to describe you, I feel. And passion is a very useful trait to have for someone, particularly a person in leadership who has the power to transform that passion into change. However be careful to temper that passion with good objectivity. Purplez asked a good question of you when she asked how you would handle a situation where one of your proposals would be rejected. You gave a confident answer that you feel you could handle it, and I don't have any reason to believe you couldn't, but just know that this *will* be something you'll be faced with eventually. Just remember that passion should guide our decisions, not dictate them.

 

Second - You should try and practice conveying your thoughts in a concise manner. You have a habit of expressing a single thought several times over several sentences. I'm sure thoughts are whipping around in that mind of yours at such a speed that its challenging even for you to peg them down, but what you have to keep in mind is that the more expansively you express those thoughts the more difficult it is for people to follow them. Whether written on a forum or spoken verbally, conveying what you want to say with a few key and clear points will help ensure that people can easily understand what you want to get across, and when it comes to discussion and debate hitting on a couple solid points will have more of an impact than amassing an endless litany of smaller ones. Improving in this area will make meetings you run more effective and make your leadership over others more solid.

 

Third - In regards to your first post in this evaluation, you may have overdone it just a little.

 

 

Suggestions aside the work and impact you have made in this Clan over the last few months can't be overstated. You've done everything from setting up the Discord, writing guides, establishing and helping Divisions, being involved with our Social Media, and its clear from the number of times you've pretended to bemoan how in-demand you are that a great deal of the Clan and its members have come to truly depend on you. In truth I would put the level of work you do on a Major General level, let alone Brigadier. There is no question that you are an important pillar of this community at this point.

 

As such I will support your promotion to General ranks again. I've no doubt the Clan will only benefit from giving you more power and freedom to pursue your goals.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Terra said:

Too much time indeed.

JD you've been in OD for quite a few years now, and this isn't the first time you've played some noticeable roles in the Clan. (Or even the first time you would become a General) As such I've had a pretty good opportunity to see your strengths and weaknesses at this point. Historically one of your biggest drawbacks was that you were always a candle that burned brightly but flickered out quickly, you would always dive into a project with passion and enthusiasm only to quickly tire out, causing your project to stagnate. If you have improved the balance of your life and stress as you say, and as you appear to be doing, then that would make you a formidable drive for change and improvement.

 

I feel my colleagues have asked some pretty sufficient questions of you, so I don't have any questions of my own. I do have a few suggestions to pass on though.

 

First - Passionate is a very accurate term to describe you, I feel. And passion is a very useful trait to have for someone, particularly a person in leadership who has the power to transform that passion into change. However be careful to temper that passion with good objectivity. Purplez asked a good question of you when she asked how you would handle a situation where one of your proposals would be rejected. You gave a confident answer that you feel you could handle it, and I don't have any reason to believe you couldn't, but just know that this *will* be something you'll be faced with eventually. Just remember that passion should guide our decisions, not dictate them.

 

Second - You should try and practice conveying your thoughts in a concise manner. You have a habit of expressing a single thought several times over several sentences. I'm sure thoughts are whipping around in that mind of yours at such a speed that its challenging even for you to peg them down, but what you have to keep in mind is that the more expansively you express those thoughts the more difficult it is for people to follow them. Whether written on a forum or spoken verbally, conveying what you want to say with a few key and clear points will help ensure that people can easily understand what you want to get across, and when it comes to discussion and debate hitting on a couple solid points will have more of an impact than amassing an endless litany of smaller ones. Improving in this area will make meetings you run more effective and make your leadership over others more solid.

 

Third - In regards to your first post in this evaluation, you may have overdone it just a little.

 

 

Suggestions aside the work and impact you have made in this Clan over the last few months can't be overstated. You've done everything from setting up the Discord, writing guides, establishing and helping Divisions, being involved with our Social Media, and its clear from the number of times you've pretended to bemoan how in-demand you are that a great deal of the Clan and its members have come to truly depend on you. In truth I would put the level of work you do on a Major General level, let alone Brigadier. There is no question that you are an important pillar of this community at this point.

 

As such I will support your promotion to General ranks again. I've no doubt the Clan will only benefit from giving you more power and freedom to pursue your goals.

 

Thank you for taking the time to post Terra. I will greatly take into consideration everything you said here. 

I will continue to do my best into putting the time and dedication into the divisions, the community and anything/anyone else that requires my assistance. I am your friendly neighborhood JD after all.

I take pride in all the work I've done since my return. I will do my best to keep the life balance I have achieved since coming back to make sure I don't up up burning up my candle again. 

 

Speaking of helping people, you're about to get a message from me on discord about an issue Saline keeps bugging me about regarding Squad roles.... INCOMING! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...