Sign in to follow this  
Terra

Teamspeak shutdown

Our transition to Discord seems to be total at this point, at least as far as I can see. I'm not aware of anyone still actively using our Teamspeak, so it makes me think there isn't any need for us to continue hosting it. Rag and I would like to shut down OD TS permanently.

Please let me know if there are any objections to this, I'll keep this topic open for several weeks just in case there are people who want to make an argument for keeping it still.

• Upvote 1

If it was an expense, it would have made a good backup. Could we save the server settings?

38 minutes ago, Badboi(OD) said:

If it wants an expense, it would have made a good backup. Could we save the server settings?

Yeah it won't be deleted, just not loaded.

• Like 1

Sounds good. Loaded TS3 when I first got home. Only Terra was on it. Took another minute before I realized OD didn’t die... xD

Goodbye overly crowded Admin Meeting Channel! I'll miss ya!

This feels like the end of an era... and I haven't even been around that long....

As a wise man once said. "Do it." Image result for senator palpatine do it

-Senator Palpatine 

I 100% agree that this is an unneeded expense at this point, but, should someone else hold the scripts to reboot the ts3 server if need ever be as a backup besides @R.agnarok(OD)?

Edited by PJPotter(OD)

Doesn't require scripts to reboot the TS3, just server access. I'm confident that if the need arose we would be capable of arranging for the restoration of TS3 and many other things in the event Rag was unavailable, although hopefully that will never need to be the case.