Aerineth(OD)

My time here will always be cherished and remembered

It is with a heavy heart, that I have decided that for the betterment of my health and lifestyle choices that need to be made, that I officially step down. I will also be resigning at this time to pursue my health which is still seemingly deteriorating even with the work I’ve put in over the last 3.5 months to get out in front of it.

I want to apologize to everyone for being IA for the past 3.5 months, but it was something that I needed to do. It wasn’t until just recently did I begin to consider resignation as the best course for me to pursue. I know some of you when I reached out have urged against it, but there comes a time when you have to determine what is the best course of action for you and yourself as well as the community as a whole.

My mental health took a dive towards the end of last year, after nearly a year of struggling with it, I lost the energy to keep fighting it. It was a very dark place when I decided to take my IA. I’m still not completely out of it, but I have made improvements. I’ve leaned on some people who have offered, and I consider myself still standing here because of their help and support. I continue, day in and day out, to struggle to regain myself, to exercise and eat healthier, all in the hopes to stave off medical issues that have been looming on the horizon and rapidly closing. I’ve had some close calls, but nothing too serious yet; so now’s the time to do something about it.

And that brings me to this decision. I look forward to the future, and I don’t know when I’ll have the time and energy to contribute to OD. It’s a question I struggled with in my IA. I wanted nothing more to come back and be with everyone. I’ve made promises to come say hi or drop in and play, and they ultimately fizzle out due to other commitments or just having no energy or will to follow through with it. I apologize for that, as it wasn’t my intention to lie or mislead you.

I had told myself, that I would return by the end of this IA, even if I wasn’t ready. Though I realized, if I wasn’t ready, then I’d end up putting myself right back where I was when I took the IA. I have weighed many options in this decision, such as stepping down all the way to WO1 or even Enlisted. And while it might appear to help, I would still feel the obligation to help people, to be responsible, and I just don’t have the ability to be responsible for other people when I need to focus on myself and am in fact struggling with remaining responsible for my own self.

Anyway, that’s the reasoning behind this resignation. I want to take a moment to address some people in particular.

@CompFreak(OD) I know you asked for me to consider sticking around so that I could formally take you under my wing and train you to be my replacement. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to fulfill this request. Terra, Badboi, or R.agnarok will have to take on this request in my stead. Apologies on pushing it off on you guys. Beyond this request, you have a lot of potential. You have made some mistakes here and there, but nobody is perfect and devoid of mistakes. We’ve all made them. Just promise me you’ll learn from them and use them to make not only yourself a better person, but this wonderful community better. You're an asset to this community, and every time I pop my head back in, I want to see you remain here, and even take my spot soon. Consider that a final challenge from your superior officer.. and more so as your friend.

@Sil3NtKilL(OD) I remember when I first joined this community, and you were a 1* General at the time. It didn’t take long to fall under your wing. You helped train me to become who I am today and I credit pieces of even who I still retain to this training. It’ll be something I never forget and something I may never be able to repay. You supported me all the way up till the time that I put in my evaluation for Commander, and I thank you for that. It's been a pleasure working with you over the years.

@Tris(OD) You were another member who I worked very heavily with, especially while you were a Commander. We have a long history together, and it was an honor to officiate your wedding as a standing Commander. Frank and I joked that your wedding was meant to be because OD had 2 acting Commanders and an acting General attend and bless it. Though, to be honest, it was a blast to have met you irl and I look forward to keeping in contact with you on Facebook. Don't ever change my friend. And keep in touch 🙂 Though I may be leaving OD, my door and inbox will always be open.

@Badboi(OD) Frank, you and I go way back. We have not always been on the same side of decisions, but nevertheless, I do not believe the respect we ever had for one another wavered. And I truly honor the friendship that we’ve garnered and hope that we can remain in contact via Facebook. I hope to pop in from time to time and still see you around and doing what you do best.

@Terra Oh boy.. the AI and I have butt heads many times in my time here. Though many didn’t see them as they were in private one on one discussions. You were the source of many headaches for me.. as I’m sure I was for you on numerous occasions. Even as I’m typing up this resignation, I am flooded with memories of our interactions, the games we’ve played, the frustrations you’ve given me. I will truly miss these interactions. Even though you’re a major pain in the ass sometimes, OD is much better off for having you here. You have garnered a lot of respect here, and it’s something that’s hard to do.

@R.agnarok(OD) R.ag, you were there for me pretty much from the get-go. From the time that you first taught me how to program in PHP and MySQL (even if I didn’t let it stick and really pursue it at the time.) To the many times I’ve sought your advice to even just chatting. To challenging you to a duel in D2 and pwning you making me feel super powerful way back when to take down a Commander in a duel. So many good memories, and I suspect you will remain here with the community until it eventually dissolves, however long that’ll be. Don’t lose who you are, because you’re amazing. To everyone else, even if you think this guy’s inactive, I guarantee he’s right there at the center of the community. Not much happens he doesn’t know about. The guys intertwined in every corner of the inner workings of this community. While this wasn't something between you and I and even before my time, my favorite memory of something involving you was looking back on the logs of things you've done.. and you did this: Commander R.agnarok(OD) demoted Brigadier General Castigate(OD) to Colonel for made me load aim for nothing on Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:40 AM. I still laugh anytime I see this. xD

To everyone else, please don’t feel sad if I didn’t individually tag you, as I could sit here and give you the longest wall of text doing just that. I wanted to touch on a couple of people who truly made me who I am today, trained me and pushed me to do better, to be better.  There's a whole slew of you.. many of who are no longer here. So thank you all. Thanks for making my time here something I'll never forget.

To the many people who’ve come and gone to this community in my tenure as Commander, I will miss all of you, to those I never got to meet, that is an unfortunate loss on my part. You, the members of this community are really what make this place so welcoming and great. I love all of you.

To those of you who wish to keep in touch with me, I would love to do so. If I don’t already have you on Facebook, please send me a message in my inbox here on the forums and I’ll get you the information to do so. Facebook is the best source to keep in touch with me, as I do not use Twitter or Instagram or anything else.

I hope to one day return and to periodically stop in and play games with people or just chat with people. But until that time, know that I will miss each and every one of you. As a final request, I request R.agnarok be the one to disable me. ❤️

With much love,

Commander Aerineth(OD)

Signing Off

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4

My pleasure man, it was an honor. I’m glad, and this did just put a smile on my face as per recognition, someone who hasn’t forgotten who has thought you to be what you’re today. I’m stoked, I was able to lead/mentor those like yourself,  to be a great leader, and role-model to others here in OD.  You lead with example, and people will follow. Sometimes it’s not an easy task but we get it done. 

“The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan

One day, I hope to see your return again, we all need a break sometimes, and believe you me, I know that feeling. 

Take care Aerineth, thank you for what you did here in OD, good luck on your future endeavors & Visit us from time to time. You will be missed!! - S.K

• Like 2

Wow, I'm really not sure what to say here, other than thank you for your years of service to this great community. I'm sorry and saddened to see you leave us, but I know that you need to take care of you first before you can even think of taking care of others...

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors my friend, and hope we can still find time to play some games together once in a while :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Aer,

We've shared a lot of time together here in my years in OD. I've come to you with many an issue. Looking for guidance on how to temper myself to be better in hoping to be a better leader as I climbed the ranks.

You always had a ear to lend and a kind word to give. I owe a huge part to you for the leader I can say I am today in OD. 

Thank you for all the time you've dedicated to us here in the community. 

Your Watch has ended my friend. 

You venture on and live your life to the fullest. 

• Like 2

Hey man, I'm new here so I doubt we ever got a chance to interact much but when it all boils down to it, and what I think almost everybody here would want you to put yourself first. It takes a lot to talk about what you just posted and I just want you to know to never feel bad for taking time to get yourself on the mend whether it be mentally or physically. While I'm sure everyone here loved your presence, us missing it is a very small price to pay in exchange for your health. Keep your chin up, and love yourself, and everyone here loves you. And always remember that you'll be welcome here with open arms. 

Edited by doko(OD)
  • Like 2

Today is a sad day indeed, sad to see you go my friend, you will be missed but your health needs to come first.  Hopefully when your health gets better you can return.

You have made so many contributions to OD, you always put 110% into the clan, stepped out of your comfort zone, learned new things when needed.  Spent many nights with little to no sleep to make sure coding was finished and things ran smoothly.   You were here for the community for many years, im glad to hear that some of us have been there for you when you needed it.

Take care of yourself Aeri, i truly hope everything works out for you, and if you ever need anything do not hesitate to ask!

• Like 1

im in shock and saddened to see this post cookie :( but i know when   real life things are   thrown  at us and we do need to step back i nearly resigned when my lauren passed because i couldnt  see a way out that black hole i was in but i did get out of that hole but it took a while and im still suffering now but not as much and ive learnt to try and cope with it ,but  a lot i owe to this clan the friends that were always  there for me and help me so much through my rough times and i know everyone here today will help you in some way or another because we all care about our clan mates ❤️

id like to thank you for being such great commander to our great clan you opened my eyes to few things along the way the fun we had on ts i'll never forget when i could'nt say your name so that how cookie came about and it stuck and that's how i'll always remember you as COOKIE :) i for one will miss you the nutty brit from across the big pond ill keep in touch on fb see how your'e doing if you don't mind take great care of yourself COOKIE ❤️

• Like 1

Didn't get to interact too much, but I've seen your name here for a long time, as I've checked out the website for nostalgia's sake every couple years or so until I recently returned, so I know you've served in leadership in OD for some time now. I've had my own rough patch with mental health issues a couple years back, and as well as quite a few people close to me in my personal life with some pretty rough mental health situations, - it sucks. But as cliche as it might sound, it really does get better. 🙂

Hope to get a chance to bump into you when you stop by! Peace and luck to you!

Edited by Panda(OD)
removed "until then" after "Peace and luck to you" because it put a limited time on Pandas wishes for peace and good luck to OP.
  • Like 1

You've done so much to be proud of here in Clan OD Aer.  You've definitely left your mark for future members.  We are going to miss you, but as I said on Discord, YOU have to decide what is best for you.  Whenever you want to play D2 or POD, I'll always have a bumper or a rush ready and waiting!  I won't even make you say purple is a great color.  Take care of YOU.  <3

• Like 1

Aerineth, you were always the approachable commander, all the way back since I first joined. The way you carried all the responsibilities while still being approachable even to the Sergeant 1st class who wanted to know you wanted to run Infinity Shard... well, that is something I will never forget. 

Best of luck to you. I hope everything works out for you!

• Like 1

Aerineth my relationship with you has always been pretty different than those I have with others here, there has always been a unique rapport between us. The first time we met we talked until two in the morning. (or 4 in the morning for you) We have run Divisions together, both with you supporting my leadership and me supporting your leadership. We had some turbulent times through it, such as you berating my lack of activity in ESO (which has remained a symbol of irony ever since) or when our members in Aion were having disagreements about who was qualified to run instances. Such things were pretty frustrating at the time but now stand out as the milestones of our memories. We worked together for so long we nearly drove each other mad, like bad roommates.

In reality you were the first person to really recognize what I had to offer the Clan, and if it were not for you I would not have advanced the way I did. You are both to thank, and to blame, for me being where I am today. You are a person of feeling and emotion, so much so that I bet you're tearful even while reading this. But while your attachment to an emotional side has often led to some frustrating impulsive actions on your part, at the same time it has made you a more relateable person than I will ever be. You rounded out the leadership ranks in a way that only you could, and will leave a void that no one else will ever truly be able to fill.

I hope you will continue to stop by and play the occasional game, as no matter how pragmatic I may try to be, your participation will always be missed. And no matter how much I may tease you, I will always enjoy our time together.

• Like 1

this makes me sad! but i understand your health comes first! i wish you well! 

Keep in touch!! ❤️ 

-Ashley

• Like 1

@Aerineth(OD) your personal health both physical and mental comes before anything else out there. Take care of all of that before anything else and you'll find yourself in a much better state. Once said state is achieved weather you return to OD or not is of course up to you so if you do I look forward to seeing you back and if the latter than I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Hopefully you'll still show up for random RL nights and other clan related events. Take care!

• Like 1

Thank you for all your hard work and time here Mike. I wish you the best and want you to take care of yourself. You’ve been an inspiration to many, and you’ve been a friend to pretty much all!(even AOL haha) Your commitments never went without my notice or appreciation even if I didn’t come right out and say it. I hope this is just good luck and see you later for now, but even if it is a good bye. I know you passionately enjoy games, at least you have in the past... hopefully you’ll find other passions to pursue and grow in to enjoy your life. If you can take care of yourself half as much as you helped everyone in this thread and thousands others... your gonna be a well off man. I have you on FB, hope to keep in touch. Thanks for recruiting me when Deathspirit went mia, Ive enjoyed this community you welcomed me too for a long time now. Be easy friend!

• Like 1

You'll be gone but not forgotten. There are those of us who have been here for along time like myself that will stick around and will be waiting for the day you are ready to come back with open arms. Keep in touch drop by every once in awhile, D2 will always have some one waiting to help you and I for one will be one of those people.

Hope you find that life balance and health that benefits you. I left for awhile way back when to due to military commitments but it all worked out and im sure good things are in your future. Thanks again for all the things small and big things you have done to make this community of gamers better.  

Edited by ScudBarb(OD)
  • Like 1

I haven't been on in a while. Hope you get this. You will be missed. I haven't been doing so hot myself. 

• Like 1

I know this thread is for Aerineth but @HDK(OD) please reach out to someone if you need any support. I'm always available as well as many others in OD and outside of OD. No reason to go through any rough times alone 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well I'm glad I made it back in time to say goodbye ''for now'' my friend. We came up threw the ranks together making decision after decision for D2  I think we did pretty well. But I will not accept the drop bye crap you come back when you have your health and karma in line  and be a StaffSgt with me that way we can influence and help guide in our clan once more. you and me talked for hours and hours about a lot of things I never forget that when I lost my wife and then lost my health the things going on in your life we held nothing back I will be here if you need that once more as you did for me. lol I remember  some of those crazy nights you had at the motel and laugh and laugh.  So get it done and bring your ass back. you don't have permission to stay away for ever. I out rank you now !!!! for the first time !!! 

You was my first real friend in OD I would very much like you to be the last     

I know how you feel about certain '' things '' but my friend trust  Wayne not pig but Wayne one more time,  when things seem the darkest and all hope lost reach inside and look up  and don't be  afraid to get them knees dirty  help will come  in abundance  it did for me and I live in a whole new light now I promise we will be here if you need someone to talk to but there is someone with way more influence over your path than we. That is a Pig Promise!!

Your Friend and Brother 

Charles Michael Wayne Maxwell.                    (615) 930-5914

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Well well, you've been around the block my friend. Some of those block trips I was even around for.

Life comes first, and no one other then yourself, knows your limitations, and what's in your best interest.

We sort of fell out of contact from how much we use to talk. I wish you the best when your battling in the trenches, and will wish you the best when you overcome life's obstacles.

Theres a plethora of us here that will take the time to listen and offer advise if you ever feel you need it. Lots of quality individuals here got your back. 

Leave you with a quote from one of my all time favorites

Sometimes your flush, and sometimes your bust. And when your up, it's never as good as it should feel, and when your down, you think you'll never make it back up again. But life goes on, remember that

Anyways man, I'm not in your shoes and I cant pretend to know what your going through. But if you ever want someone to chat with, I'm a pretty good listener regardless of how much of an arrogant ass clown I come off as at times.

Best of luck

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

ALL these people mentioned and no Shout out for the man  that's been there ever since you started? that is cold !!!!! 🤨🙂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Aerineth, you know I'm always down to talk to you

I life would be very different had I never met you, best of luck!

• Like 1