Sign in to follow this  
Rich(OD)

Anyone interested? New pvp tourny idea.

Im trying to gage interest before I spend fg to make this tourny happen. My idea is to make 2 identical sorcs on 2 separate accounts people who sign up will be given the password to these account and will have to duel someone on the other identical sorc in order to earn points. (Something like how sunset does his ladders) the winner will then post the score. I haven't exactly decided on how I assign points or what the payout will be. The idea is to get more people into pvp and give those who don't pvp or make pvp chars, a chance to try it out and have some fun at no expense to themselves. This would also include people from other divisions if someone happens to be interested and has some cdkeys laying around lol. I would like to hear from some of our members that play more for pvm/mf and hc players to see if this would be something worth doing. Please post and let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to improve on my idea. Thanks!

@Enlisted @Warrant Officers

Edited by Rich(OD)

1 hour ago, Rich(OD) said:

Im trying to gage interest before I spend fg to make this tourny happen. My idea is to make 2 identical sorcs on 2 separate accounts people who sign up will be given the password to these account and will have to duel someone on the other identical sorc in order to earn points. (Something like how sunset does his ladders) the winner will then post the score. I haven't exactly decided on how I assign points or what the payout will be. The idea is to get more people into pvp and give those who don't pvp or make pvp chars, a chance to try it out and have some fun at no expense to themselves. This would also include people from other divisions if someone happens to be interested and has some cdkeys laying around lol. I would like to hear from some of our members that play more for pvm/mf and hc players to see if this would be something worth doing. Please post and let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to improve on my idea. Thanks!

Question... when you say the 2 identical sorcs does that mean we are all going to use it for an even matchup? or is that just for the people that don't have pvpers and want to use them?

Either way I like the idea a lot and think its good for getting some ppl into pvp

Tals FB sorc 

1 hour ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

Question... when you say the 2 identical sorcs does that mean we are all going to use it for an even matchup? or is that just for the people that don't have pvpers and want to use them?

Either way I like the idea a lot and think its good for getting some ppl into pvp

For the tourny it would only count with these 2 sorcs 1v1 vs each other anyone can use them but i was hoping to get some of the non pvpers interested by making a char and inviting them to join, With 2 identical sorcs it would pretty much be based on the players skill and aim as I am probably going to go with 2 FB sorcs. I was thinking about a bonus point if a pvmer beats a pvper.

59 minutes ago, SuNSeT said:

Tals FB sorc 

that isnt a bad idea actually i was thinking basic gear like hoto coh and shit

hammerdins

just sayin!

id give it a try with sorcs.. hdin duels r boring..

Seems like a good way to get more involved in Player vs. Player and especially with the streaming on Discord it's a fun event to watch.

I was wondering though with gear so cheap on Non Ladder, and even toons, why not get a couple sorcs non ladder  and respect them the same?  

9 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Seems like a good way to get more involved in Player vs. Player and especially with the streaming on Discord it's a fun event to watch.

I was wondering though with gear so cheap on Non Ladder, and even toons, why not get a couple sorcs non ladder  and respect them the same?  

I thought about this but I would like them chars to be open for people to go and pub duel with them a bit if they want to also. The only way to get points would be to play against someone on the other sorc but that doesn't mean people cant practice or just go have fun.

• Like 1

Fb sorc mirror match is some of the best dueling imo. Its mayhem. 

I like the idea forsure. I can help put up fg for participation and shit...play 3 complete rounds get 50 fg or somethin. 

The chars are being made now and I have most of the gear i need for them just gotta get some anni's ctas' spirits and scs

13 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

I can help put up fg for participation and shit...play 3 complete rounds get 50 fg or somethin. 

this would be awesome i still havent decided how im gonna give points i was thinking about doing something like u did where winning a duel earns 2 points and losing a duel earns 1 point or something along those lines. would be nice to keep this going monthly until the end of this ladder or who knows maybe even beyond.

got all the gear just need waiting for the chars to be finished up!

Edited by Rich(OD)
  • Like 1

good idea! tals fb sorc would be fun and get more ppl involved in pvp. need to publish on main site and tell people in game when its ready to happen