Sign in to follow this  
OneSubstance(OD)

First joined OD when I was 10 years old. I'm 27 now - stopping by to say hi.

I randomly was poking around OD for nostalgia's sake (and to request one email address that I use to be made private) and realized that I grew up in OD. I first joined Clan OD's Starcraft: Broodwar division in 2003 when I was just 10 years old. I came and went as I went through different seasons of life, under a few (OD) aliases over the years. I made friends, and as kids do, made unnecessary internet enemies. I never realized that OD has been a big part of my life, especially while growing up. And as I search through posts and names from years ago, it's as if I can watch myself grow up again. 

For me, when I think of OD, I feel grateful, because this community gave me friendship and a place that I looked forward escaping to during what I would describe as a "not ideal, but could have been worse" home situation during childhood. Now I am 27 years old with a career that I love in the financial industry, and I just wanted to drop by to say hello, and thank you to all of those at OD who have touched my life. It's great to see you guys still around 🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hey Panda, I'm glad the Older Member's stop by from time to time!

Happy to see you back! 🙂

• Like 1

Nice to see you around. I've been a part of OD off and on since 2001 when it was just a starcraft/broodwar clan and people would load the channels with bots haha. I have recently returned to Clan OD after a 6 year break myself and started the Starcraft 2 division in december. If you get bored or are interested in joining the division just send me a PM and I can get you the info on it :). If not, thanks for stopping by always nice to see old members!

Hi Panda!  That's a true testament to the longevity of Clan OD!

Hi Panda 🙂 

I joined OD 3 months ago, and I agree and am grateful as well. 

I made and am still making a lot of new long lasting friendships even with my busy life and work schedules.

• Like 1

Nice to see the older members return I feel old here but only been here since 2014 @Panda(OD) Wonder if you was here with @TypeReaL(OD) he’s been here for ever 🙂 

Hey @Panda(OD) I can completely relate to everything you said. What are some of your aliases? I've been in OD on and off since '04. 

-Raged(OD)😁

• Like 1

@Panda(OD)

Wanna come back and see the diff on website and all i wish we all to know how was the website in 2003& 2004

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedIce(OD) said:

Nice to see you around. I've been a part of OD off and on since 2001 when it was just a starcraft/broodwar clan and people would load the channels with bots haha. I have recently returned to Clan OD after a 6 year break myself and started the Starcraft 2 division in december. If you get bored or are interested in joining the division just send me a PM and I can get you the info on it :). If not, thanks for stopping by always nice to see old members!

I actually just reinstalled SC2 a few days ago, haven't played since the original release, so struggling to figure out all the new units. Currently just playing against AI over and over trying to learn without looking up BOs..I'll consider making a *casual* return, but not sure yet. I do play Rocket League semi-competitively, first circuit in IGL with a team this season. 

3 hours ago, Raged(OD) said:

Hey @Panda(OD) I can completely relate to everything you said. What are some of your aliases? I've been in OD on and off since '04. 

-Raged(OD)😁

I recognize your name for sure - I would share them but prefer not to publicly on forums, because I said some dumb things when I was younger, and I'm currently slowly but surely working on cleaning up some of my internet skeletons in the closet, out of fear of business competitor finding it and using it against me. 

3 hours ago, Hari(OD) said:

@Panda(OD)

Wanna come back and see the diff on website and all i wish we all to know how was the website in 2003& 2004

I'd be happy to come back with "OD Community" as my main game, though to be transparent, I won't be able to be super active, but would probably participate in the forums a bit. The website in 03 and 04 wasn't TOO different, but it's definitely had some updates since then. There was a long vertical navigation bar on the left side, the member profiles looked similar to how they do now with the tables, and what not. Curious to see what the inside looks like though. So if someone wants to undisable me and reset my pw, I'll stick around and be active when I can 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hari(OD) said:

The Evolution of the Overdosed Website

First Generation: 2001 - 2013

First-Gen-Home.jpgFirst-Gen-Members.jpg

Second Generation: 2014 - 2016

Second-Gen-Home.jpg

Second-Gen-Members.jpg

Third Generation: 2017 - 2019

ODThird-Gen.jpg

Third-Gen-Members.jpg

Fourth Generation: 2020 - ????

Fourth-Gen.jpg

• Like 1

WOW seeing those screenshots brings back a lot of memories lol. Crazy feeling.

Hey, is the "It's Us" page still on file anywhere?

Most likely, yes. Our website has a dozen hidden pages that the main pages no longer link to, but you can still access if you know the urls. It seems to have been the common practice in the past that, rather than delete pages, coders just removed access to them.

@R.agnarok(OD) you familiar with this page?

5 hours ago, Terra said:

The Evolution of the Overdosed Website

First Generation: 2001 - 2013

First-Gen-Home.jpgFirst-Gen-Members.jpg

Second Generation: 2014 - 2016

Second-Gen-Home.jpg

Second-Gen-Members.jpg

Third Generation: 2017 - 2019

ODThird-Gen.jpg

Third-Gen-Members.jpg

Fourth Generation: 2020 - ????

Fourth-Gen.jpg

Man, what a classic throwback those ranks images I made too!! 🙃

R.I.P ChoBo

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That's understandable @Panda(OD). Well if you'd like you could send me a PM so it's not out for everyone to see. If not that's ok too! I just get excited seeing people I recognize from the past. 😛

-Raged(OD)😁

On 1/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, Panda(OD) said:

I'd be happy to come back with "OD Community" as my main game, though to be transparent, I won't be able to be super active, but would probably participate in the forums a bit. The website in 03 and 04 wasn't TOO different, but it's definitely had some updates since then. There was a long vertical navigation bar on the left side, the member profiles looked similar to how they do now with the tables, and what not. Curious to see what the inside looks like though. So if someone wants to undisable me and reset my pw, I'll stick around and be active when I can 🙂

@Panda(OD)

Colonel Hari(OD) re-enabled Staff Sergeant Panda(OD) for want to be re-enabled.Wb Panda\nhttps://forum.overdosed.net/topic/69774-first-joined-od-when-i-was-10-years-old-im-27-now-stopping-by-to-say-hi/?tab=comments#comment-849229 was written into log.

I sent the pass to forums pm

Edited by Hari(OD)

15 hours ago, RedIce(OD) said:

R.I.P ChoBo

Did ChoBo pass away?

6 hours ago, Raged(OD) said:

That's understandable @Panda(OD). Well if you'd like you could send me a PM so it's not out for everyone to see. If not that's ok too! I just get excited seeing people I recognize from the past. 😛

-Raged(OD)😁

Haha yeah I'll look em up and send them over thats totally cool with me 😛

1 hour ago, Hari(OD) said:

@Panda(OD)

Colonel Hari(OD) re-enabled Staff Sergeant Panda(OD) for want to be re-enabled.Wb Panda\nhttps://forum.overdosed.net/topic/69774-first-joined-od-when-i-was-10-years-old-im-27-now-stopping-by-to-say-hi/?tab=comments#comment-849229 was written into log.

I sent the pass to forums pm

Thank you! Logged in 🙂 

• Like 2

Sweet I'm looking forward to it @Panda(OD)! Also welcome back to the clan! 😎

-Raged(OD)😁

12 hours ago, Panda(OD) said:

Did ChoBo pass away?

Haha yeah I'll look em up and send them over thats totally cool with me 😛

Thank you! Logged in 🙂 

Yes. Unfortunately, Howard passed away. He is missed.  

On 1/16/2020 at 2:17 AM, RedIce(OD) said:

R.I.P ChoBo

I was gaming with him the day prior, nothing out of the ordinary. Known that guy since the (DL) days

Welcome back @Panda(OD) , I'm sure we've ran into each other over the years