Overdosed Party

What date works best for you?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick the date you prefer the party to be on

• Saturday, September 21
    • Saturday, September 28
    • Either is fine

I want to host a clan-wide party for OD. I'm thinking Saturday on September 21, although that isn't set in stone yet.

A special Teamspeak channel will be created on the day of. All members across OD are invited. Even that Ghost(OD) guy, I guess. People can come when they want, stay as long as they want, whatever is fine. We will eat, we will drink, we will chat, we will drink, and maybe play some games. I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I just want to have fun and enjoy the evening with everyone, maybe meet some new members that I haven't had a chance to meet yet.

Maybe we can share some stories about some of the crazy things that have happened in OD in the past. Maybe we can share some ideas for what we'd like to see in OD's future. Maybe Badboi can pole-dance for us. All equally enticing reasons to attend.

The only time we usually get together as a community is during meetings, and that doesn't really give us a chance to see our better sides. It'd be nice to get together without an agenda for a change. Let me know if you guys are down for that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I think that's a fantastic idea especially for some of the newer members. Personally I think @Badboi(OD) should be singing for us after that farming around & getting it.

Going to toss this up on twitter also :D.

• Laugh 1

Womp womp will be at work

If someone still has a music bot for TS that they are willing to let us borrow for the party, then we can take some music suggestions and have some tunes play lightly in the background.

:/ I have to admit, you have a knack for it Terra. I will actually be busy this day and evening.. I have no idea when I'll be home. A friend of mine is throwing a birthday party for our gaming group. I'll be going to that. I think it's supposed to be an all day thing full of bowling and all that. Should be lots of fun. If there's still stuff going on when I get home, I'll be happy to join for this!

Oh yeah, oh yeah partaaaaaaaaaaaay.  I'm in hehe

I will be there, also can bring the music bot!

@Terra  I've posted it on FB, you should make something on TS like you do for the Admin meetings  🙂

I will be once we get a more solid date. I want to see how many other people have conflicting schedules besides Rose and Aerineth.

Actually I'll put up a poll, we can do it either the 21st or the 28th.

I am off the 28th, so I will visit if that pans out 😛

I’d love to come and party with you all but I might get all emotional but I’ll try my best to come need to hear  my od buddy’s 😞 

• Love 3

Great idea, gonna be hilarious

I ship out on the 19th so unfortunately I cant make it. Net up there wont even load teamspeak haha.

Have fun!

1 hour ago, Sassy said:

I’d love to come and party with you all but I might get all emotional but I’ll try my best to come need to hear  my od buddy’s 😞 

You can come, and if you end up getting emotional then you can always step away for a bit and then rejoin the party again after you start feeling better. You could use a few more happy memories lately.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sassy said:

Definitely come Sassy, might help you out a bit :D. We're all here for ya

This sounds like a great idea! Either date is fine with me, and I can bring a music bot as well, and we can even do some rocket league and cards against humanity simultaneously! 

7 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

This sounds like a great idea! Either date is fine with me, and I can bring a music bot as well, and we can even do some rocket league and cards against humanity simultaneously! 

We should probably do one game at a time. Otherwise there'll be a lot of overlap talking especially with how loud rocket league can get and cards requiring dialogue.. And as Im assuming its more a community thing, multiple channels would defeat the purpose. That said, its just an observation. Im cool with just hanging out with people.

We can play it by ear. If conversations start overlapping and it gets difficult to talk because of too many people playing games then we'll create a couple temp channels to the party channel and have the gamers move there for a bit. It really depends on how many people are at the party.

10 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

We should probably do one game at a time. Otherwise there'll be a lot of overlap talking especially with how loud rocket league can get and cards requiring dialogue.. And as Im assuming its more a community thing, multiple channels would defeat the purpose. That said, its just an observation. Im cool with just hanging out with people.

10 hours ago, Terra said:

We can play it by ear. If conversations start overlapping and it gets difficult to talk because of too many people playing games then we'll create a couple temp channels to the party channel and have the gamers move there for a bit. It really depends on how many people are at the party.

I was anticipating more than 8 total people showing up, and since rocket league has a cap of 4 v. 4, we could have some cards being played for those that aren't playing that (or don't want to / have it). So in essence, if it becomes difficult, like terra said, there's no reason we can't create some sub-channels for different games being played or for people that just want to drink and chat 😉!

• Like 1

Ideally even those who are playing will channel hop and mingle with everyone a bit.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 10:22 AM, v3n0m(OD) said:

I think that's a fantastic idea especially for some of the newer members. Personally I think @Badboi(OD) should be singing for us after that farming around & getting it.

Going to toss this up on twitter also :D.

LMAO yeah we should definitely play Badbois track at the party 

On 9/4/2019 at 3:22 AM, Terra said:

itll be like good ol fashion bar crawling from one channel to the other! whoop whoop!

• Like 1

Looks like most people are preferring September 28 for the party, so we'll designate that as the official date. (Sorry SpikeSpiegel)

14 hours ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

LMAO yeah we should definitely play Badbois track at the party 

I second that. Badboi, you're never going to forget it. :D Maybe instead of playing it, we could just convince Badboi to give us an encore! Live!

• Laugh 1

Updating the post on twitter to reflect the 28th!