Sign in to follow this  
Tris(OD)

The OD Show - OD Survivor

Posted (edited)

As many of you know, a little over a year ago, I tried to get OD more involved with Twitch. Both so the community could support our streamers but also so the Twitch community could support OD as they have very large gaming communities that we can tap into. It did not go very well. Why? Because I was trying to get a bunch of people to care about something they just inherently were disinterested in (games that OD didn't play). I've taken time to reflect on everything and have found a way that would make it much more interesting for the average OD member. I am going to start with 1 event/show and go from there. I present to you, OD Survivor.

OD survivor will be an event where a number of participants (OD members) will be joining me on the show and competing against each other in a number of ways. These could be anything from discussions on hidden talents, OD trivia, flash games, personal stories, and a number of other games. The audience (stream observers) will be taking an active role as judges determining who is fit to move on round to round as well as other important game decisions. The entertainment of this show is highly dependent on the guests/competitors on the stream, which leads me to ask, who is interested in joining us on the show as a competitor?

As a competitor of the show, you may be asked to do or share things that you might not feel comfortable doing. This show is not intended on being G rated at this time and that said, I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable as it's my goal to make this an enjoyable experience for all involved, especially the competitors. So if you're interested in competing in the show, please take a moment to read the following questions.

Please note that the questions I am asking are more on the risky side of things. Much of the event will be more tame but I am focusing on the stuff that might be a little more uncomfortable. Also, please note that saying no to any of the questions below does not mean you would not be invited to the stream. Lastly, also know that there will be prizes made available to the winner of the event. This would be something like a featured banner on the site for the division choice of the winning player, OD T-shirt or promotion (if below WO4) and stream currency that can be used for giveaway entries (like steam gift cards). 

Would you be willing to do the following on stream during this event: (copy and paste the following in your response). Also you can send me a PM of your answers if you prefer.

What division are you from?

Do you have access to and be willing to use a microphone?

Do you have access to and be willing to be on webcam?

Are you willing to participate in trivia games? OD Trivia? Gaming trivia?

Are you willing to give a brief overview of yourself? Name? Age? Occupation?

Are you willing to discuss any parts of your love life?

Are you willing to discuss embarrassing stories from your past?

Are you willing to share any hidden talents you may have?

Is there anything off limits in terms of your personal life? (you don't have to tell me exactly what it is - just trying to get a feel)

No date has been nailed down yet. Probably going to be in September or October though. 

Again this is kind of a kick off event for the OD community stream. Feel free to weigh in and share ideas as well and tell me what you guys think. Thanks all!

Edited by Triny(OD)
Spelling edit
  • Upvote 1

I'm in.  All of the above is okay with me.  I also stream from time to time with mic/webcam so not a problem here 🙂

Posted this to twitter!

I do not have a webcam otherwise all of the above sounds good to me also, I'm in pending a date and time. Will update if the date ends up not working out for me.

I am interested in this, pending the date since my schedule is wonky with work. Only thing I don't have is a webcam.

Sounds like a lot of fun and potentially a wonderful way to get the Clan's name out there.  Kudos to you Tris and Linds.  Also, posted it on FB.

Id be cool with all of it except webcam as i dont have one but if u want to buy me one im good with that too 😉

So this isn't a bloody fight to the death sadface I've had a huge murder boner lately when you wanna spill blood you know where to find and 

Posted (edited)

I forgot to answer the question lmao

What division are you from?  D2

Do you have access to and be willing to use a microphone?  Yes

Do you have access to and be willing to be on webcam?  Oh heck no lol

Are you willing to participate in trivia games? yes like Cards against Humanity lol  OD Trivia?   Maybe  Gaming trivia?  I suck at this but willing to try

Are you willing to give a brief overview of yourself?   Already did in my interview behind the mic

Are you willing to discuss any parts of your love life?  No

Are you willing to discuss embarrassing stories from your past?  perhaps

Are you willing to share any hidden talents you may have?  perhaps

Is there anything off limits in terms of your personal life? (you don't have to tell me exactly what it is - just trying to get a feel)  Yes alot lol  I'm a very private person.  I can make up great lies though to make myself more interesting hehe

P.S.  Could you fix the "Survivor" in the subject line pretty please  🙂

Edited by Purplez(OD)

Posted (edited)

I have read through all these a couple times. Also, I have gotten a PM or 2 on this event. and am excited about it! I am thankful for those willing to participate. Unfortunately, I am having some health issues at the moment (for over the last month) that is making extra activities quite daunting. This event will have to be put off until my health can get back in order. I'm going to a 3rd doctor tomorrow so hopefully it can be sorted out soon. 

Edited by Tris(OD)

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear that @Tris(OD) get better soon! Health comes before everything else, hope all is well.

Edited by v3n0m(OD)

Take care of yourself!  We'll still be here ❤️