Jump to content
MooMoo(OD)

MooMoo(OD) Evaluation!

Recommended Posts

All right. Time for the evaluation part of evaluations.

MooMoo I don't have much in the way of personal experiences with you in which to draw from but I have heard about you on occasion from others, and you are generally spoken of pretty highly. Your evaluation here has been pretty insightful in illustrating the kind of person you are and the kind of leader you would be. You've made it a point to emphasize in your evaluation that you're here for the lower-ranked members, you'll be a General that stands up for the little guys. If the example you gave to me earlier in this topic is any indication then that's probably true.

I actually like what you did with the neg votes on Ghostdog's promotion. You saw something you felt wasn't right and took steps to change it. That takes integrity, and it resonates a bit with me as I've often been pretty persistent about changing things I felt weren't right either in the past. It can be a powerful quality for making a difference, as long as you are smart and careful about how you apply it. You seem to have a pretty clear goal in mind as well in terms of how you plan to help out going forward, and I am reassured to know that D3 will be receiving the attention of someone with your dedication.

 

There are some things I think you could still improve on, which have also been mentioned in this eval.

Compfreak pointed out that your participation in forum topics is a bit on the light side. Forum activity doesn't make a General but it does make up a big part of what a General does. Reading what is written is always an important part, but we don't create solutions, changes, or develop a process just by reading what other people write. You said that you will post when you need to, but if your goal is to make the Clan better then you aren't going to achieve it by just doing things when you need to. You didn't NEED to defend Ghostdog in his promotion but you may have made things better because you did. It is worth considering the same approach on the forum. Although a lot of decisions are finalized in meetings, the forum itself is the primary platform in which change and resolutions are worked out. If you want to be a part of that process then you should try to make the time and effort to be more involved in the discussions that take place on it.

You aren't wrong when you say your current level of participation is about on par with what some Generals do already. I'm not going to hold you to a different level of expectation but if I'm going to be honest I'd be more thrilled to have a new General that *was* more pro-active about being involved in forum topics, rather than just more of the same. So I hope you consider it.

 

The other thing is what MelodicRose first pointed out, your aversion to using a microphone.

As someone who has never had a good history with voice chat I can certainly relate to wanting to avoid it. In answer to Rose's question about it, you've said that you've still managed to get from A to B just fine without it, but at this point I'm sure you can see from reading your evaluation that it may have been having a bigger effect than you first thought. At least a couple people have voiced it as a possible inconvenience, and at least a couple Generals thereafter have voiced it as a future concern.

 

But let me put another perspective on it.

Using a mic isn't just about the convenience for others, it's about establishing a presence. People who type can be heard (seen?) and understood well enough, but intuitively they are relegated to the background. If you want people to take your authority as a General seriously, then you can't be seen as the person in the background. And that doesn't mean speaking up only when there is a problem, establishing a presence means you need to be a voice and a personality that people are familiar with and have learned to respect as a representation of the community. Typing your messages in-game or in a channel while everyone else is talking over you doesn't convey that anywhere close to as well as being an active voice in a conversation. You might think it does, but it doesn't.

It's possible you might be able to fulfill your responsibilities as a General despite not regularly using voice chat, but you won't be nearly as successful as a General and you definitely won't be considered for higher General ranks unless you have that established presence as a pillar and an authority. So I'd definitely recommend stepping outside your comfort zone and getting in the habit of talking through voice chat all the time.

 

 

To wrap this up, most of your drawbacks are personal quarks, which although they have the potential of creating problems or complications in the wrong circumstances, as of so far they haven't yet. When compared to your very solid good points and your plans, your positive aspects shine through quite a bit more, and what I have learned of you up to this point leads me to believe that you'll consider the concerns expressed to you in your evaluation seriously and make a genuine effort in improving yourself. So I will support your promotion to General rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Terra said:

All right. Time for the evaluation part of evaluations.

MooMoo I don't have much in the way of personal experiences with you in which to draw from but I have heard about you on occasion from others, and you are generally spoken of pretty highly. Your evaluation here has been pretty insightful in illustrating the kind of person you are and the kind of leader you would be. You've made it a point to emphasize in your evaluation that you're here for the lower-ranked members, you'll be a General that stands up for the little guys. If the example you gave to me earlier in this topic is any indication then that's probably true.

I actually like what you did with the neg votes on Ghostdog's promotion. You saw something you felt wasn't right and took steps to change it. That takes integrity, and it resonates a bit with me as I've often been pretty persistent about changing things I felt weren't right either in the past. It can be a powerful quality for making a difference, as long as you are smart and careful about how you apply it. You seem to have a pretty clear goal in mind as well in terms of how you plan to help out going forward, and I am reassured to know that D3 will be receiving the attention of someone with your dedication.

 

There are some things I think you could still improve on, which have also been mentioned in this eval.

Compfreak pointed out that your participation in forum topics is a bit on the light side. Forum activity doesn't make a General but it does make up a big part of what a General does. Reading what is written is always an important part, but we don't create solutions, changes, or develop a process just by reading what other people write. You said that you will post when you need to, but if your goal is to make the Clan better then you aren't going to achieve it by just doing things when you need to. You didn't NEED to defend Ghostdog in his promotion but you may have made things better because you did. It is worth considering the same approach on the forum. Although a lot of decisions are finalized in meetings, the forum itself is the primary platform in which change and resolutions are worked out. If you want to be a part of that process then you should try to make the time and effort to be more involved in the discussions that take place on it.

You aren't wrong when you say your current level of participation is about on par with what some Generals do already. I'm not going to hold you to a different level of expectation but if I'm going to be honest I'd be more thrilled to have a new General that *was* more pro-active about being involved in forum topics, rather than just more of the same. So I hope you consider it.

 

The other thing is what MelodicRose first pointed out, your aversion to using a microphone.

As someone who has never had a good history with voice chat I can certainly relate to wanting to avoid it. In answer to Rose's question about it, you've said that you've still managed to get from A to B just fine without it, but at this point I'm sure you can see from reading your evaluation that it may have been having a bigger effect than you first thought. At least a couple people have voiced it as a possible inconvenience, and at least a couple Generals thereafter have voiced it as a future concern.

 

But let me put another perspective on it.

Using a mic isn't just about the convenience for others, it's about establishing a presence. People who type can be heard (seen?) and understood well enough, but intuitively they are relegated to the background. If you want people to take your authority as a General seriously, then you can't be seen as the person in the background. And that doesn't mean speaking up only when there is a problem, establishing a presence means you need to be a voice and a personality that people are familiar with and have learned to respect as a representation of the community. Typing your messages in-game or in a channel while everyone else is talking over you doesn't convey that anywhere close to as well as being an active voice in a conversation. You might think it does, but it doesn't.

It's possible you might be able to fulfill your responsibilities as a General despite not regularly using voice chat, but you won't be nearly as successful as a General and you definitely won't be considered for higher General ranks unless you have that established presence as a pillar and an authority. So I'd definitely recommend stepping outside your comfort zone and getting in the habit of talking through voice chat all the time.

 

 

To wrap this up, most of your drawbacks are personal quarks, which although they have the potential of creating problems or complications in the wrong circumstances, as of so far they haven't yet. When compared to your very solid good points and your plans, your positive aspects shine through quite a bit more, and what I have learned of you up to this point leads me to believe that you'll consider the concerns expressed to you in your evaluation seriously and make a genuine effort in improving yourself. So I will support your promotion to General rank.

thanks for your support @Terra !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your response towards the hypothetical situation # 1 concerns me. Not everyone who is denied re-entry is just going to accept a 'whisper me to resolve this'. More often than not, they can get pretty upset, and most people aren't going to do this over chat. In turn, they'll do it verbally in a channel (in Teamspeak and out loud), disrupting the entire channel. Being approachable isn't the only reason you want to be able to have a literal voice. Being too heavily reliant on text can hinder your ability to address issues immediately as they arise, as they require you to pause what you're doing and type out a response, that is probably not going to be read immediately, if at all. Which leaves the situation to fester and deteriorate further. While you approach it in a way that works best for you, I'm not sure it's the most efficient. I would strongly recommend having the option to speak verbally to address these concerns. 

 

Not everyone uses voice chat. And there's nothing wrong with that. We've had Generals in the past who primarily have used text chatting to get by, but had the ability to speak verbally if a situation arose that called for it. I'm not sure if it's your preference to just use text, if you're shy, or you don't want other people to hear your voice, but I would again recommend considering pursuing this path.

 

Your other answers are acceptable though. When you address a situation it doesn't matter who the individuals are. You must always handle issues objectively and confidently. One of the absolute hardest things, will be to address a problem that ultimately has you punish someone you consider a friend. And it is at that time that you must rise to do the responsibility expected of you. When you're in a position of responsibility and power, you can't be biased. I think overall, you have the gist of it. And unless it's already happened to you, it'll be put to the test when that day finally happens. Most if not all of us have already had to do this once.

 

As a bonus question, if you would humor me, you mentioned you did have experience administrating forums and being a moderator. What forum software have you used? They're all slightly different so I'm just curious what you've already worked with.

 

Putting aside my concern, I feel at least comfortable enough to give you a shot at Brigadier General. Diablo 3 does need a General at this time. Take what I said to heart and at least consider the option. I vote for you to be promoted to Brigadier General. Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Your response towards the hypothetical situation # 1 concerns me. Not everyone who is denied re-entry is just going to accept a 'whisper me to resolve this'. More often than not, they can get pretty upset, and most people aren't going to do this over chat. In turn, they'll do it verbally in a channel (in Teamspeak and out loud), disrupting the entire channel. Being approachable isn't the only reason you want to be able to have a literal voice. Being too heavily reliant on text can hinder your ability to address issues immediately as they arise, as they require you to pause what you're doing and type out a response, that is probably not going to be read immediately, if at all. Which leaves the situation to fester and deteriorate further. While you approach it in a way that works best for you, I'm not sure it's the most efficient. I would strongly recommend having the option to speak verbally to address these concerns. 

 

Not everyone uses voice chat. And there's nothing wrong with that. We've had Generals in the past who primarily have used text chatting to get by, but had the ability to speak verbally if a situation arose that called for it. I'm not sure if it's your preference to just use text, if you're shy, or you don't want other people to hear your voice, but I would again recommend considering pursuing this path.

 

Your other answers are acceptable though. When you address a situation it doesn't matter who the individuals are. You must always handle issues objectively and confidently. One of the absolute hardest things, will be to address a problem that ultimately has you punish someone you consider a friend. And it is at that time that you must rise to do the responsibility expected of you. When you're in a position of responsibility and power, you can't be biased. I think overall, you have the gist of it. And unless it's already happened to you, it'll be put to the test when that day finally happens. Most if not all of us have already had to do this once.

 

As a bonus question, if you would humor me, you mentioned you did have experience administrating forums and being a moderator. What forum software have you used? They're all slightly different so I'm just curious what you've already worked with.

 

Putting aside my concern, I feel at least comfortable enough to give you a shot at Brigadier General. Diablo 3 does need a General at this time. Take what I said to heart and at least consider the option. I vote for you to be promoted to Brigadier General. Best of luck. 

Thanks for your support. As far as the website I don't remember, it was probably about 10-15 years ago at this point. Most of the stuff I did had basic templates and then I just created the forums from there and adjusted who could see what, intro topics, etc etc etc. I made it for Diablo 2 and graphics work. It never really kicked off but still had almost 50 members at one point I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron, First of all congrats on the opportunity at general and Second thank you for all the great gaming experiences we have shared, streams and dedication to the clan.

 

And thank you for serving the United States military.

 

You conduct yourself as a leader in my opinion - And still are there for the lower ranking members alike, integrity, sincerity, factual, un bias based thinking, non-judgmental, laid back leadership all great quality's brother. You are ready for the next step for sure in my opinion. so there be my statement

 

Question : I would like to know what you will contribute to keeping the clan exciting, ever evolving and a desirable place to be and stay with your new rank and powers?

 

Question : Will you still continue to advocate justly as you have in the past for the lower ranking members ?

 

Thank you Aaron and Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron, to start you're an amazing asset to OD. You play every aspect of D2 from dueling to hardcore classic, you do runs, you recruit, you do rushes, you help in just about every way. You're here just about every day, which i think is one of the most important things for a leader. Nothing is worse than absent leadership, passing judgment and opinions without being here daily to see for yourself. You're not afraid to speak your mind when you feel you need to, and you're very level headed. Not quick to anger or judgment, I don't think I have ever seen you mad to be honest. You play multiple games and still have a big effect on them both which speaks highly of your dedication I believe. I could go on but its pretty clear you are deserving of a rank boost. I do have two questions for you..

 

- Will you ever get a mic damnit?! (sorry had to, honestly its not that big of a deal in my opinion)

-My only real question is this.. Will you continue to split your time between games or try to focus on the D3 division more, and how will you help the D3 division stay active and alive this time around?

 

You will easily get this promo so congrats, and keep doing what you do you cow

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron we have spoken on many occasions, be that to solve problems, or for me to answer questions, or you giving feedback, or letting me know about issues that need my attention.  You have always been nothing but professional, level headed and calm no matter the situation and provided solid input when needed.  

 

You approach things with no bias, and a positive attitude that is rarely seen(most of us struggle with staying positive when we know a problem is going to take hours out of our gaming time to solve), and you have proven you have no problem to take the heat to try to shield a member if you think they are being bullied or unfairly treated.

 

I do echo some of the concerns about not having a mic, i know you have not run into a situation yet where you need it but you might in the future, so i would strongly consider that possibility.   Hearing tone of voice and having a presence is necessary when dealing with certain situations, not for intimidation but for clarity on what is being communicated, and to prevent people overlooking what you may have typed.

 

You have my vote of support!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MineNotYour(OD) said:

Aaron, First of all congrats on the opportunity at general and Second thank you for all the great gaming experiences we have shared, streams and dedication to the clan.

 

And thank you for serving the United States military.

 

You conduct yourself as a leader in my opinion - And still are there for the lower ranking members alike, integrity, sincerity, factual, un bias based thinking, non-judgmental, laid back leadership all great quality's brother. You are ready for the next step for sure in my opinion. so there be my statement

 

Question : I would like to know what you will contribute to keeping the clan exciting, ever evolving and a desirable place to be and stay with your new rank and powers?

 

Question : Will you still continue to advocate justly as you have in the past for the lower ranking members ?

 

Thank you Aaron and Best of luck to you!

Thanks Brian! Always fun playing with you bro. And of course you are one of the consistent few that pops on my streams 😄 It was my pleasure to serve for the country. It was actually the best time of my life hehe

 

Answer: Part of me doesn't really like this question. I plan on continuing what I have done to get me this far 🙂 New rank should not change who I am or what I want to do for the community, it only gives me a bigger hammer if I should need it (but luckily for me OD is a fun little Utopia 😄 ). On a more serious note, its hard to say what will be done to keep it exciting. I look for different ways to work towards this all the time and when something pops up I try to take advantage of it. 

 

Answer: I will always advocate for the lower members. Don't forget, without the lower members, higher up rankings mean nothing. We can be replaced but without the foundation of the clan, the community would fall apart. 

 

Thanks for your post man @MineNotYour(OD)

 

7 hours ago, Vanity(OD) said:

Aaron, to start you're an amazing asset to OD. You play every aspect of D2 from dueling to hardcore classic, you do runs, you recruit, you do rushes, you help in just about every way. You're here just about every day, which i think is one of the most important things for a leader. Nothing is worse than absent leadership, passing judgment and opinions without being here daily to see for yourself. You're not afraid to speak your mind when you feel you need to, and you're very level headed. Not quick to anger or judgment, I don't think I have ever seen you mad to be honest. You play multiple games and still have a big effect on them both which speaks highly of your dedication I believe. I could go on but its pretty clear you are deserving of a rank boost. I do have two questions for you..

 

- Will you ever get a mic damnit?! (sorry had to, honestly its not that big of a deal in my opinion)

-My only real question is this.. Will you continue to split your time between games or try to focus on the D3 division more, and how will you help the D3 division stay active and alive this time around?

 

You will easily get this promo so congrats, and keep doing what you do you cow

Thanks Steve. You are one of the first members I came across and have been around (you know.. in and out) the whole time I've been here.

 

- Perhaps. Time will tell 😄 

- I'm always a D2 player at heart. I love D3 as well, but it is definitely a struggle. I've still been getting on it just about daily and try to help out where I can there too. The plan for now is to push activity through in game messages until the new season starts up again, and then hopefully try to push hard for a much stronger presence in the community. 

 

Hope to see you try out Path of Diablo @Vanity(OD) hehe

1 minute ago, Triny(OD) said:

Aaron we have spoken on many occasions, be that to solve problems, or for me to answer questions, or you giving feedback, or letting me know about issues that need my attention.  You have always been nothing but professional, level headed and calm no matter the situation and provided solid input when needed.  

 

You approach things with no bias, and a positive attitude that is rarely seen(most of us struggle with staying positive when we know a problem is going to take hours out of our gaming time to solve), and you have proven you have no problem to take the heat to try to shield a member if you think they are being bullied or unfairly treated.

 

I do echo some of the concerns about not having a mic, i know you have not run into a situation yet where you need it but you might in the future, so i would strongly consider that possibility.   Hearing tone of voice and having a presence is necessary when dealing with certain situations, not for intimidation but for clarity on what is being communicated, and to prevent people overlooking what you may have typed.

 

You have my vote of support!

 

Thanks for the post @Triny(OD)! I think my approach comes from working in IT doing tech support. Nothing tests your patience quite like talking a 70+ year old through downloading teamspeak and it taking 45 minutes to accomplish ( 🤬 ). That seems to be a big echo here hehe. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise everybody one day out of nowhere and then they won't know what to say anymore o.o

 

Hope to see you on D3 when the new season starts up again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any questions for A-A-Ron. I've seen his actions personally and feel very comfortable with giving my full vote of confidence. I have asked Aaron to help me and he has come through in the clutch. Whether it be simple requests or graphical work. I have seen his conflict resolution skills and he's up to pair with any drama. I have also seen his level-headedness and waits before jumping to conclusions. Thanks for everything you do for the community. ~Good Luck on Phase 2~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moomoo, Thank you for the quick response to my questions. Although I echo the need for a general to be able to speak up in voice chat, and there really isn't any legitimate reason as to why, other than your own personal choice ( I've seen decent mics on amazon for as little as $25) . There is something with text chatting that is inherent, which is that no matter how hard you try, it is highly likely that there will always be someone that misinterprets your meaning when read what you say vs. hearing it. Other than that, I see very little in the way of you becoming a general, and offer my support to you, wishing you luck in phase 2 :thumbsup:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before you joined OD....you were a regular in our channel...even then you were always around to help our members.....once you joined us, you are still helping out....I have worked with you, watched how you've dealt with issues.....you are an asset to OD in many ways. I have even come to you on several occations to ask your opinion on certain issues knowing you speak your mind and give an honest assesment......I am glad to see see you rise up thru the ranks, you have truely earned your way up here....I completely support you in this eval.....good luck....

Oh and yes of coarse id love to see you get a mic, we have even talked about this so im sure its something you can do.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badboi(OD) said:

I don't have any questions for A-A-Ron. I've seen his actions personally and feel very comfortable with giving my full vote of confidence. I have asked Aaron to help me and he has come through in the clutch. Whether it be simple requests or graphical work. I have seen his conflict resolution skills and he's up to pair with any drama. I have also seen his level-headedness and waits before jumping to conclusions. Thanks for everything you do for the community. ~Good Luck on Phase 2~

Thanks @Badboi(OD)! You are always there if I need something too 😄

 

1 hour ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Moomoo, Thank you for the quick response to my questions. Although I echo the need for a general to be able to speak up in voice chat, and there really isn't any legitimate reason as to why, other than your own personal choice ( I've seen decent mics on amazon for as little as $25) . There is something with text chatting that is inherent, which is that no matter how hard you try, it is highly likely that there will always be someone that misinterprets your meaning when read what you say vs. hearing it. Other than that, I see very little in the way of you becoming a general, and offer my support to you, wishing you luck in phase 2 :thumbsup:.

Thanks @CompFreak(OD). Hope to see you on D3 for the reset as well!

 

2 minutes ago, PoPs(OD) said:

Before you joined OD....you were a regular in our channel...even then you were always around to help our members.....once you joined us, you are still helping out....I have worked with you, watched how you've dealt with issues.....you are an asset to OD in many ways. I have even come to you on several occations to ask your opinion on certain issues knowing you speak your mind and give an honest assesment......I am glad to see see you rise up thru the ranks, you have truely earned your way up here....I completely support you in this eval.....good luck....

Oh and yes of coarse id love to see you get a mic, we have even talked about this so im sure its something you can do.....

Thanks @PoPs(OD). I try to do what I can 😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @MooMoo(OD),

 

After reading you evaluation, I can safely say that you got my vote. You have already proved you can handle yourself pretty well and the work you have done speaks by itself.

So, my only questions will be, what's your end goal in OD, do you plan to reach the top rank, or stay as a "gaming General"? Secondly, how comfortable you feel with our current leadership, what are your opinions about us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, R.agnarok(OD) said:

Hi @MooMoo(OD),

 

After reading you evaluation, I can safely say that you got my vote. You have already proved you can handle yourself pretty well and the work you have done speaks by itself.

So, my only questions will be, what's your end goal in OD, do you plan to reach the top rank, or stay as a "gaming General"? Secondly, how comfortable you feel with our current leadership, what are your opinions about us?

Thanks for your vote @R.agnarok(OD)

 

As far as your question, I don't really have an endgame.. nor did I expect to make it this far when I joined. I joined to have fun and play with a tight knit community and looking forward that still clouds the entirety of my sights. I also wouldn't consider myself as a "gaming General". I try to explore all facets of the Clan and don't think that primarily gaming would label me a gaming General when there is so much more I can offer. Games brought us all here and keep us all around. As far as the leadership I think that overall it is good. Could it improve? Absolutely... but I think to this point they have done a great job considering the size of the clan, the various divisions within it,  and everything that it encompasses. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaron I have had nothing but positive experiences with you and when dealing with situations I think you are more than capable of handling the responsibility. Terra pretty much took the words out of my mouth, the mic is more of an annoying quark and whether you agree or not makes communicating a lot more difficult or inconvenient for members which to some can be a big deal. However aside from that your work speaks for itself you temperament speaks for itself.. I have no concerns at this time I support your eval.

 

P.S sorry for the late reply as life has been somewhat of a shit show goodluck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

Thanks for your vote @R.agnarok(OD)

 

As far as your question, I don't really have an endgame.. nor did I expect to make it this far when I joined. I joined to have fun and play with a tight knit community and looking forward that still clouds the entirety of my sights. I also wouldn't consider myself as a "gaming General". I try to explore all facets of the Clan and don't think that primarily gaming would label me a gaming General when there is so much more I can offer. Games brought us all here and keep us all around. As far as the leadership I think that overall it is good. Could it improve? Absolutely... but I think to this point they have done a great job considering the size of the clan, the various divisions within it,  and everything that it encompasses. 

 

 

Thank you for your answers, I'm glad you are keeping it diverse. I wish you best of luck on the next phase and looking forward to work with you in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...