MooMoo(OD)

MooMoo(OD) Evaluation!

I read over your list of things you've done and I see one of the things you've mentioned is "Defending members when deemed necessary". That's a rather interesting thing to add, and an interesting way of phrasing it too. Why don't you tell us more about some of the situations in which you've had to defend a member, and what "deemed necessary" means exactly in situations like these?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terra said:

I read over your list of things you've done and I see one of the things you've mentioned is "Defending members when deemed necessary". That's a rather interesting thing to add, and an interesting way of phrasing it too. Why don't you tell us more about some of the situations in which you've had to defend a member, and what "deemed necessary" means exactly in situations like these?

The primary incident I was referring to was the legendary (at this point) @GhostDog(OD) saga. As the whole situation was unfolding I was fighting it sticking up for him as I felt that he was being unjustly shot down. It didn't matter whether or not anybody's decisions for voting on him were swayed or not but I had to voice myself for peace of mind in knowing that I at least did whatever possible to fight for a lower member than myself and try to make things right. 

In the end I believe that my words had an impact on the other members that changed their votes, although I'd say it just opened their eyes and didn't actually change their mind. Sometimes it can be hard to understand what actions something as simple as words could have on an individual. 

There have been a couple of other ones as well but they were minor in comparison. 

I hope that answers your question @Terra and thanks for being the first to post 🙂

• Like 1

For the sake of clarity let's assume none of us are familiar with this legendary Ghostdog saga. Explain this situation in detail, what was happening exactly and what did you feel needed to be done to make things right?

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Terra said:

For the sake of clarity let's assume none of us are familiar with this legendary Ghostdog saga. Explain this situation in detail, what was happening exactly and what did you feel needed to be done to make things right?

Okay then. 

He was put up for promotion from WO4 to WO5 and there were multiple individuals (I'm not going to point fingers while explaining the past) that gave him negative votes without much to back it up. They basically each said that he met the requirements for WO5 -- which I had at the time pointed out are the same requirements as WO4 and were not a tier changing promotion. However, in addition to that they were saying how good everything he does day to day for the clan are and how he deserves the rank based on all of the hard work running, rushing, muling (plus inventory for the mules), recruiting, donating, etc etc etc. 

So all of his requirements for his rank were met and surpassed, yet he was receiving negative votes without a real reason. While this is not technically disallowed, it was not right in my eyes looking on the votes. So what I did was send a big long message to each of the members involved with negative voting that were unjust (I left out two I believe as there was no contradictory statements or what seemed like targeting him) and explained why they were unjust and how it was likely perceived by the recipient of that unnecessary scrutinizing. I addressed each line that they submitted and discussed with them how it contradicted his actual achievements and that based on their ranks they should set a better example for the division and how the enlisted members might see the votes as teaming up to prevent advancement if they don't personally like you. 

I then recommended that in the future they do a neutral vote to voice their opinions like that and if they choose to neg vote then to pretty much do it in a way that is beneficial to the member and not just putting a target on their head. I also followed up with the conversation and sent a screenshot of it to Ghostdog to let him know that I was defending him instead of having everybody just s*** on him. 

I can send screenshots if you would like to discuss it further via pm but I think that should suffice for this conversation. I hope that is enough information - there was a lot to that one heh

Heya MooMoo! It's nice to see some friendly people moving into the higher ranks and I find you to be rather deserving of this - but I feel inclined to ask a couple of questions ~

Over the short time of playing Diablo 3, I found it to be moderately difficult to converse with you while in game and on ts3 (especially when we are in a group of people on ts3 who are not in game) as you do not speak in ts3. Is there any plan in mind to try to improve some of that communication in large groups, and how do you anticipate to inject input in meetings when, often, the chat discussion is fast moving and written out responses are not always regarded or read for recording or the group?

I have some words regarding the promotion situation you listed above and how that was handled, but I will edit this post with that once I figure out how to word it in a way that won't be taken wrongly <.>

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

Heya MooMoo! It's nice to see some friendly people moving into the higher ranks and I find you to be rather deserving of this - but I feel inclined to ask a couple of questions ~

Over the short time of playing Diablo 3, I found it to be moderately difficult to converse with you while in game and on ts3 (especially when we are in a group of people on ts3 who are not in game) as you do not speak in ts3. Is there any plan in mind to try to improve some of that communication in large groups, and how do you anticipate to inject input in meetings when, often, the chat discussion is fast moving and written out responses are not always regarded or read for recording or the group?

I have some words regarding the promotion situation you listed above and how that was handled, but I will edit this post with that once I figure out how to word it in a way that won't be taken wrongly <.>

Hiya Rose, thanks for questions. 

As far as communication goes, I believe that my current methods of communicating are sufficient for day to day operations among various divisions and even ts. I am typically very responsive to any chat that comes my way. As far as input in the meetings, that is what the tilde ( ~ ) is for 🙂 This allows me to take the floor and type away to my heart's content haha. On a more serious note, I have not had a situation arise to date that has necessitated the use of a microphone and have still gotten from point A to point B without using one. If a situation were to come up one day that I felt that I needed a mic to resolve whatever task I was facing, I would likely go down that path. 

As far as the other part, I will try to look back and edit mine as well. 

Hope to see you back on D3 more!

No questions just a little advise

Your taking my spot bud! I know what you bring to the table, and I think you'll be a solid addition.

ODD2 and every division for that matter deserves active in game leaders. With my current schedule I was unable to provide that, and I hope when the time comes, you do the same.

Lead by example...shouldn't be hard for someone like yourself. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the evaluation process Aaron.  I know you have the skills and integrity as well as massive game skills to be a welcome member of the general ranks.  Here's my questions:

Last December you quit the Clan for a week before being re-instated.  What have you focused on within the Clan to change whatever made you leave during that short period of time?

You spend alot of your TS time in the "PVP" channel.  Do you see a separation between the PVP players and the rest of the D2 players, and if so, what do you think can be done to bring the D2 members together?

16 hours ago, MooMoo(OD) said:

Hiya Rose, thanks for questions. 

As far as communication goes, I believe that my current methods of communicating are sufficient for day to day operations among various divisions and even ts. I am typically very responsive to any chat that comes my way. As far as input in the meetings, that is what the tilde ( ~ ) is for 🙂 This allows me to take the floor and type away to my heart's content haha. On a more serious note, I have not had a situation arise to date that has necessitated the use of a microphone and have still gotten from point A to point B without using one. If a situation were to come up one day that I felt that I needed a mic to resolve whatever task I was facing, I would likely go down that path. 

As far as the other part, I will try to look back and edit mine as well. 

Hope to see you back on D3 more!

Do you think this will put you at a disadvantage when it come to Generals meetings as none of us type currently (unless we are voting) and don't use the tilde in our after meetings or evaluation meetings?

What skills outside of gaming related can you contribute to the Leadership and members of this community? A lot of what you've mentioned is gaming related so far.

Of the current leadership team, is there anyone you have problems with, or forsee potential issues with? If so, please explain who and why. (Please be candid)

Mr Moo Moo:

Since I was demoted as soon as a reason could be created, I wish you had NOT supported me. Never oppose the party line, ever.  People want peace not justice.

Now to two questions.

Do you regret supporting me when you did (I think you should but that is on me.), would you support someone else in such a situation and why,Do you have a comment on Mr Ray's banning now or when it happened (I deem it wise if you do not.)?

Finally (and most important to me), will you vote because another peer votes in a particular way or only user your own judgement (This is a softball question of course).

I. of course, will vote my plus one if you pass evaluation but was hesitant to state this here, as a vote from a pariah may hurt you.

Good Luck and May The All father see your actions (for he loves the battle of the just)

GD

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

No questions just a little advise

Your taking my spot bud! I know what you bring to the table, and I think you'll be a solid addition.

ODD2 and every division for that matter deserves active in game leaders. With my current schedule I was unable to provide that, and I hope when the time comes, you do the same.

Lead by example...shouldn't be hard for someone like yourself. 

Ty for giving me the opportunity to go through this process, it means a lot @SuNSeT I'll do my best 😄

8 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Welcome to the evaluation process Aaron.  I know you have the skills and integrity as well as massive game skills to be a welcome member of the general ranks.  Here's my questions:

Last December you quit the Clan for a week before being re-instated.  What have you focused on within the Clan to change whatever made you leave during that short period of time?

You spend alot of your TS time in the "PVP" channel.  Do you see a separation between the PVP players and the rest of the D2 players, and if so, what do you think can be done to bring the D2 members together?

@Purplez(OD) Me leaving was primarily a result of being overly stressed with work. As far as changes, the main thing that I have done is leave the stress at work and go home and just enjoy myself more within the games I play. 

As far as TS, I don't see it as a separation. I can't speak for everybody that is typically there, but for me, I don't have an issue popping into another channel and saying hello or seeing what people are up to. In fact, myself and @Redvaine(OD) have been trying to get D3 people on ts as well. One of the points I emphasized for moving forward is improved communication among the division and whether that be ts or discord I feel like that is an area that needs improvement Clan-wide. There are days where it is packed, but typically on ts there are one or two channels in D2 with a solid group of people (usually pvp is one of the two and softcore another). Aside from that, the only other channel I see consistently with people is POE and as far as consistency goes they seem to lead the pack in that category, at least during the times that I am online. 

The way I see it is that anybody on the server is welcome in any channel as long as they can aren't overly obnoxious. So come hop in the channel and say hi 🙂

Edited by MooMoo(OD)
too much purple lol

Thanks for the quick response!  You have my plus one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Do you think this will put you at a disadvantage when it come to Generals meetings as none of us type currently (unless we are voting) and don't use the tilde in our after meetings or evaluation meetings?

What skills outside of gaming related can you contribute to the Leadership and members of this community? A lot of what you've mentioned is gaming related so far.

Of the current leadership team, is there anyone you have problems with, or forsee potential issues with? If so, please explain who and why. (Please be candid)

I suppose it might but it's difficult to say as I have never been a part of a Generals meeting yet hehe. As far as skills I have mentioned quite a bit not related to gaming as well such as mentoring people, assisting with pc issues, encouraging communication and growth, creating signatures and other graphics for people, streaming, and more. And then of course there are basic admin duties too like putting people up for promo, awarding medals, and participating in meetings on a regular basis. 

I don't have issues with anybody. If there is any disagreement it is short lived and I don't hold grudges. The example above where I called out members for their votes was a situation where we had a strong disagreement and to this day I still communicate with them (all the ones in the clan still anyway). 

Thanks for your questions @Aerineth(OD) !

3 hours ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

Mr Moo Moo:

Since I was demoted as soon as a reason could be created, I wish you had NOT supported me. Never oppose the party line, ever.  People want peace not justice.

Now to two questions.

Do you regret supporting me when you did (I think you should but that is on me.), would you support someone else in such a situation and why,Do you have a comment on Mr Ray's banning now or when it happened (I deem it wise if you do not.)?

Finally (and most important to me), will you vote because another peer votes in a particular way or only user your own judgement (This is a softball question of course).

I. of course, will vote my plus one if you pass evaluation but was hesitant to state this here, as a vote from a pariah may hurt you.

Good Luck and May The All father see your actions (for he loves the battle of the just)

GD

@GhostDog(OD) - I will never regret supporting somebody that I feel is not being treated fairly. I have no regrets at all for supporting you. Regardless of whether or not other leadership agrees with my comments on the matter, I mentioned something to them before that still holds true. I am not here for the higher ups, I am here for the lower members. My job is to support the members that represent the core of the clan day in and day out. Will I still support higher ups? Yes absolutely. But, if there is a situation where I feel something is unjust I will voice my opinions and the only regrets I will have on that matter is if I bite my tongue instead. 

As far as the Ray banning, I completely agree with it. He took it way too far multiple times by calling out every person possible with false accusations and then proceeding to spam the forums every way he could on a new account. To me, that just shows that his level of maturity does not warrant the promotion that he was put up for and that the right decision was made. 

Thank you for your support and  hope that all is well with you!

29 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Thanks for the quick response!  You have my plus one.

Thank you Cindy!

Edited by Purplez(OD)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mr MooMoo

Answers to all my concerns better than I had hoped. Good luck and may life never crush out your sense of justice. As per not holding grudges that is rare, beware those who say they hold no grudges, but deceive. You are leader that many will follow (not ability to use power <any tyrant can do that> defines a leader, but how one persuades to comply and follow. Don't use power to stifle debate, use persuasion.)

Regards and Success

GD

Edited by GhostDog(OD)

My questions are as follows

Do you have the missing tolkien for my tolkie  ring network?

Can you use a different color for your posts such as purple?

• Love 1

7 hours ago, snicker66(OD) said:

My questions are as follows

Do you have the missing tolkien for my tolkie  ring network?

Can you use a different color for your posts such as purple?

I found a nice quote that may assist with #1

All networks need a mechanism to ensure that frames either do not collide, or if they do, the collision is detected and the affected frames retransmitted.

On a Tolkien ring network, a system of dwarves is used to smite any frames that look like they're about to collide with yours. The strongest dwarf wins, and that packet is the one that gets through to the host.

You can get Hobbit-enabled Tolkien ring NICs, but they're more expensive.

As far as colors I only like purple if it is combined with a lime green, such as the Joker's style 🙂

• Like 2

I was going to post about the mic thing but that is already on here so I will let that go. For now.

My questions.

Are you going to be a D3 division leader or just another D2 general? (Not really sure of the distinction between D2 general and D2 division leadership)

If for some reason you were no longer able/willing to perform 50% or more of your duties as a general would you step down or just fall back on rank privileges?

I think you are a great choice for this position man I really hope you get it and begin to Make OD Great Again #MODGA

Posted (edited)

The plan for now is to be a D3 division leader alongside Redvaine and see if we can pull some new life out of the division. It has so much potential but struggles on basic things like keeping low DSL.

For the second question that would be dependent on my current position. If I were the D3 leader at that point still I would likely step down and switch over to community until I figured out if I needed more time. If it was a prolonged absence then I would probably discuss it over with my peers and figure something out. 

Thanks for your support Jason!

Edited by MooMoo(OD)
  • Like 2

Nice eval A A Ron.

I talk with you daily in game and on TS so I currently don't have any questions to ask you.  I am confident you will make a great general. Good luck with the rest of this eval. 

2 hours ago, DBZ(OD) said:

Nice eval A A Ron.

I talk with you daily in game and on TS so I currently don't have any questions to ask you.  I am confident you will make a great general. Good luck with the rest of this eval. 

Thanks Jared! Glad to have your support bro

Sorry for the delayed post, typing one-handed for now due to my recent surgery has some drawbacks like pressing the wrong keys once in a while😉. Anyways, here's my 1st question post:

Hey @MooMoo(OD)! Thank you for taking the time to post an evaluation for Brig. General! As we've spent many hours playing D3 in the past together, i know your willingness to help others and your friendly demeanor while gaming- first hand. That said, there are a few areas that I would like to ask you about...

In reviewing What is generally expected of a Sr. Officer, one merely has to search the site logs and can they will find that you are doing a "better-than-fine" job as a Sr. Officer. You are an active part of D3 Leadership, actively awarding clan medals to members, voting on promotions, attending admin meetings, [I know that you] actively communicate with at least one other General, and I've heard [from other parties] of you resolving or helping to resolve the occasional minor dispute or two. That said, I do have a concern that most of your forum activity resides within the D2 / D3 / gaming sections, compared to the very few posts making your opinions and "voice" heard in the administration section (such as the "Officer's" or "Division Admin" boards), and thus it is a bit of an unknown on where exactly you might stand on some of our recent or possible future issues brought up by members... So here's my first question:  If promoted to Brig. General, do you have any plans on increasing your administrative posts on the forums, "making your voice heard"? 

As most of us have understood, the shift from Sr. Officer to Brig. General is a milestone achievement, both in recognition in the community for past work, and in responsibilities to our members moving forward. The change into the General ranks includes more console powers, global moderation powers in the forums and in ts/discord, etc.. As such, all of our current Generals have the responsibility to probe new potential Generals for their thoughts, ideas, and what they bring to the table, before the community votes on the promotion. My 2nd question for you, is: What are you bringing with you to the table? Do you have any thoughts, Ideas, or advice that you can share here, that you think may improve our members' experience for the future in OD?

A General is our community's "go-to" to resolve things all the way from simple member re-enablements/set-ranks to de-escalating sensitive topics and argumentative disputes between members. As others have stated, being without a mic is a huge disadvantage in a community as big as ours, yet I've heard of you being able to resolve some issues brought to you. Could you maybe share with us (without naming names) a particular issue that was brought to your attention, and how you were able to resolve the issue without the ability to speak in voice chat? Were any punishments involved in the resolution? If not, do you think you could make such a decision fairly and objectively, even against those you regularly game with and call friends?

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post, and I look forward to your responses 😉 !

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

5 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Sorry for the delayed post, typing one-handed for now due to my recent surgery has some drawbacks like pressing the wrong keys once in a while😉. Anyways, here's my 1st question post:

Hey @MooMoo(OD)! Thank you for taking the time to post an evaluation for Brig. General! As we've spent many hours playing D3 in the past together, i know your willingness to help others and your friendly demeanor while gaming- first hand. That said, there are a few areas that I would like to ask you about...

In reviewing What is generally expected of a Sr. Officer, one merely has to search the site logs and can they will find that you are doing a "better-than-fine" job as a Sr. Officer. You are an active part of D3 Leadership, actively awarding clan medals to members, voting on promotions, attending admin meetings, [I know that you] actively communicate with at least one other General, and I've heard [from other parties] of you resolving or helping to resolve the occasional minor dispute or two. That said, I do have a concern that most of your forum activity resides within the D2 / D3 / gaming sections, compared to the very few posts making your opinions and "voice" heard in the administration section (such as the "Officer's" or "Division Admin" boards), and thus it is a bit of an unknown on where exactly you might stand on some of our recent or possible future issues brought up by members... So here's my first question:  If promoted to Brig. General, do you have any plans on increasing your administrative posts on the forums, "making your voice heard"? 

As most of us have understood, the shift from Sr. Officer to Brig. General is a milestone achievement, both in recognition in the community for past work, and in responsibilities to our members moving forward. The change into the General ranks includes more console powers, global moderation powers in the forums and in ts/discord, etc.. As such, all of our current Generals have the responsibility to probe new potential Generals for their thoughts, ideas, and what they bring to the table, before the community votes on the promotion. My 2nd question for you, is: What are you bringing with you to the table? Do you have any thoughts, Ideas, or advice that you can share here, that you think may improve our members' experience for the future in OD?

A General is our community's "go-to" to resolve things all the way from simple member re-enablements/set-ranks to de-escalating sensitive topics and argumentative disputes between members. As others have stated, being without a mic is a huge disadvantage in a community as big as ours, yet I've heard of you being able to resolve some issues brought to you. Could you maybe share with us (without naming names) a particular issue that was brought to your attention, and how you were able to resolve the issue without the ability to speak in voice chat? Were any punishments involved in the resolution? If not, do you think you could make such a decision fairly and objectively, even against those you regularly game with and call friends?

I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post, and I look forward to your responses 😉 !

For the first question, my involvement was limited while I was in the D2 division when it came to posting.. That doesn't mean I don't read things though. I try to keep up with a lot of areas of the forums. That being said, I don't think that forum activity makes a general. Sure it would be nice, but I think that my posts are more than sufficient enough for the position and equal to or greater than several of my peers of the same rank. Basically what it comes down to is that I will use the forums and post when I feel necessary and not on every single one that I see 🙂

For the second question, I posted a couple of ideas that I have brought to the table and various other accolades under my belt already that contribute to the community as a whole. 

•   Clan - Find ways to improve day to day tasks (several suggestions have been brought up to improve clan streaming, automated mass messaging to new recruits, main site functionality changes which will likely be handled in the site anyway, proposition for DSL changes on the officer forum, and more..)
  • Basically I would like to take the way it is currently and work together with others to improve the experience for other members wherever possible. 

My goal is to improve wherever we can and work on making things easier and better for others. 

/edit: two examples although I've had quite a bit at this point

1. https://i.imgur.com/GDlujJl.png - streaming improvement

2. https://i.imgur.com/x6OciSX.png - message templates for division leads

For question numero Tres there have been several incidents but the first one that came to mind is somebody seeing a former member in a public game on D2 and not responding at all. This was a member that I had played with quite a bit leveling up. I wasn't particularly close to him, but I had seen him every day for quite a while. I was able to find the game that he was in, determine based on his game-play and lack of responsiveness that he was botting, record two games worth, and then share it with the D2 leadership and have him banned within about 15-20 minutes. That being said, I have no issues enforcing the rules if needed. There are basic requirements to joining the clan and everybody is made aware of it before applying to the site. If they understand the reasoning behind the punishment and are willing to move past it then I have no issues with gaming with them still either (although not on an OD account at that point). Legit play isn't for everybody, but they still should not go as far as to ruin it for the players that want to go that path. 

Thanks for the questions Comp

Edited by MooMoo(OD)
added more in depth examples for answer #2

Second question post:

Why should we promote you to Brigadier General, and why do you want to be promoted?

Do you have experience with moderating and/or administrating a forum?

I have a couple of hypothetical situations that I'd like to see your take and how you would resolve the issue. These are mainly because I've never worked with you and would like to see your methods of problem solving and solution methods.

1st: (A Diablo 2 specific question that can pertain to any complicated re-enablement) A member returns 2 weeks after being disabled for botting. They ask you to be re-enabled. All evidence suggests that he hasn't stopped botting in the time span that he was disabled, and has no intention to stop botting. Lets just say your answer is no. And this entirely transpires in a private message on Teamspeak. This member becomes upset you won't re-enable him and starts verbally (disrupting the channel) talking about how he should be re-enabled and that it's bullshit. He's become oblivous to any text method you send to him. What are your steps to de-escalate and handle the issue?

2nd: Say you have two friends that have broken rules, either different rules or the same. Another member who is just in the community reports them to you. What do you do? Does your action change if the person who reported the infraction happen to be someone who you don't like or likes to 'stir the pot'?

3rd: Building off the second question, say only one of those friends is botting or breaking a rule. Someone else in the community you don't regularly speak to reports the infraction to you. How do you handle the situation? Does it matter that it is your friend who broke the rule?

Lastly, a regular question. Where do you envision OD in 5 years? 10 years?

4 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Second question post:

Why should we promote you to Brigadier General, and why do you want to be promoted?

Do you have experience with moderating and/or administrating a forum?

I have a couple of hypothetical situations that I'd like to see your take and how you would resolve the issue. These are mainly because I've never worked with you and would like to see your methods of problem solving and solution methods.

1st: (A Diablo 2 specific question that can pertain to any complicated re-enablement) A member returns 2 weeks after being disabled for botting. They ask you to be re-enabled. All evidence suggests that he hasn't stopped botting in the time span that he was disabled, and has no intention to stop botting. Lets just say your answer is no. And this entirely transpires in a private message on Teamspeak. This member becomes upset you won't re-enable him and starts verbally (disrupting the channel) talking about how he should be re-enabled and that it's bullshit. He's become oblivous to any text method you send to him. What are your steps to de-escalate and handle the issue?

2nd: Say you have two friends that have broken rules, either different rules or the same. Another member who is just in the community reports them to you. What do you do? Does your action change if the person who reported the infraction happen to be someone who you don't like or likes to 'stir the pot'?

3rd: Building off the second question, say only one of those friends is botting or breaking a rule. Someone else in the community you don't regularly speak to reports the infraction to you. How do you handle the situation? Does it matter that it is your friend who broke the rule?

Lastly, a regular question. Where do you envision OD in 5 years? 10 years?

This clan thrives on the community. To reach higher ranks you have to interact with them. For me to even be considered for a General rank is already an accomplishment in my book and I hope that all of the achievements I've posted above qualify me to become one. I want to be promoted for a couple of reasons. For starters, it will give me more control over the division that myself and Redvaine run and allow me to perform more of my duties without having to ask for assistance for each task. That also gives me more control over the forums and the medals on the main site (which I can do most already anyway). Aside from that, a big reason is that I can (hopefully) bring new stuff to the table and help wherever I can. On a more selfish note, it would be cool to get the promo too 😄 

I have a lot of experience with moderating / administration on a forum. It has been quite a while but I used to moderate several forums and even hosted my own site back in the day (free, but hey still counts!). It might not be fresh in my mind, but it will definitely come back quick. 

Hypothetical Situations:

1st: I would try to get him to go to Op Sassy to discuss it privately first. If he didn't go there and continued to ignore me entirely I would ban him from the channel and put a reason to whisper me for resolution. At that point I would bring him into Op Sassy and basically tell him that he was banned for causing unnecessary ruckus and that if he was really interested in returning to the clan that he would have to stop botting altogether and that based on his previous responses we would be keeping a close eye on him for the time being. If he chose not to rejoin then I would explain that he would still have to respect our rules in the channel and be courteous while there, which includes listening to other members and talking to them politely. After that, if he agreed then I would gladly unban him and make the other D2 Officers aware of the situation and let them know that if he goes off the rails again to ban him for good. 

2nd: I would discuss the situation with each of them individually and get their take on whatever had transpired. The action doesn't really change but if someone who likes to 'stir the pot' was the one reporting it I would certainly have to look into it deeper to make sure they aren't just starting trouble again. Granted, I wouldn't take serious action without proof on any of the conflict's sides, but I would tread more carefully with a pot stirrer. 

3rd: This is kind of similar to the question by compfreak where I said :

For question numero Tres there have been several incidents but the first one that came to mind is somebody seeing a former member in a public game on D2 and not responding at all. This was a member that I had played with quite a bit leveling up. I wasn't particularly close to him, but I had seen him every day for quite a while. I was able to find the game that he was in, determine based on his game-play and lack of responsiveness that he was botting, record two games worth, and then share it with the D2 leadership and have him banned within about 15-20 minutes. That being said, I have no issues enforcing the rules if needed. There are basic requirements to joining the clan and everybody is made aware of it before applying to the site. If they understand the reasoning behind the punishment and are willing to move past it then I have no issues with gaming with them still either (although not on an OD account at that point). Legit play isn't for everybody, but they still should not go as far as to ruin it for the players that want to go that path. 

In the end it doesn't really matter who reports it or who is my friend or not. We all understand the rules when we join and if we break it we have to take our punishment. If they are mature enough to accept that after the punishment is dished out and can still be civil then I have no issues being around them afterward either. Regardless of that though, they know what they are risking when they start up that bot or whatever else might be the cause of the report. 

4th: In 5 to 10 years I see OD searching for a main game to replace D2. It's hard to see D2 being the main division for years to come when less and less people play it each ladder and more bots appear. The good thing about these types of gaming communities is that there will always be new up and coming games and a strong community like this can adapt to the situations and move forward with new games if needed. I'd love to see D2 in 10 years on here still, but I wouldn't be surprised if it drops to 30 or 40 members by that point and other games step up to 100+ in it's place.