Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

[RESOLVED]My Departure from Clan Overdosed

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think ray feels after his demotion it will always be held against him and he could not  forward  to gain them ranks again ( or others won’t let him move on) 

but that we won’t know now because he is leaving OD I did tell him don’t give up keep doing what you  do some still see the good in him but he told me he felt like he was just going to keep hitting that brick wall 

Edited by Sassy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have not commented on any of these posts from u ray.. b/c it seems like u make them for attention. then the nxt day or two u come back. ive seen it b4 in other places.. but its gettin repetitive....

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Froggie420(OD) said:

i have not commented on any of these posts from u ray.. b/c it seems like u make them for attention. then the nxt day or two u come back. ive seen it b4 in other places.. but its gettin repetitive....

There is no reason for me to come back. If I wanted attention then I'd just repost reposts on the forums without crediting the original posters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and the very same person who can't handle problems also has issues with transparency. When I was put up for Lt. Col., she left me with interesting input, but then sent me this right after:

 

fIAKtCz.png

 

Which contradicted what she said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

Oh and the very same person who can't handle problems also has issues with transparency. When I was put up for Lt. Col., she left me with interesting input, but then sent me this right after:

 

fIAKtCz.png

 

Which contradicted what she said. 

If this was a pm conversation you need to have her permission to share it since it supposedly is a private conversation between just the two of you. 

 

Now, you've targeted someone directly in numerous posts, and it needs to stop. Just because other people need to be respectful to you and your departure, so do you need to do this with dignity. Stop with the sketchy bait posts about and directed at people.  Consider yourself warned on both regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

If this was a pm conversation you need to have her permission to share it since it supposedly is a private conversation between just the two of you. 

 

Now, you've targeted someone directly in numerous posts, and it needs to stop. Just because other people need to be respectful to you and your departure, so do you need to do this with dignity. Stop with the sketchy bait posts about and directed at people.  Consider yourself warned on both regards.

Oh? Couldn't you say the same when @Terra shared something on my evaluation that was posted privately? Did she ask for my consent or permission? No. You can't call someone out only when it is conveniences you. You have just proven that there is bias among the leaders of OD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

Oh? Couldn't you say the same when @Terra shared something on my evaluation that was posted privately? Did she ask for my consent or permission? No. You can't call someone out only when it is conveniences you. You have just proven that there is bias among the leaders of OD.

Wrong, that board is for the administration of the division. The only reason its private is because its exclusive to how the division is run and makes its decisions and available to irs division leaders and the Generals/Commanders. The information posted attributes to your effectiveness in a team, which like it or not we do work as a team.

 

What you posted is a private message between the two of you that only concerns the two of you, not a whole division or your ability to help manage a division. It was done to spite her justification of her vote that was supposed to remain private.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

Wrong, that board is for the administration of the division.

Yq1R0Et.png

 

10 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

The only reason its private is because its exclusive to how the division is run and makes its decisions and available to irs division leaders and the Generals/Commanders.

So, it's not actually private?

 

13 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

The information posted attributes to your effectiveness in a team, which like it or not we do work as a team.

I would argue the screenshot that I shared attributes to the effectiveness of Purplez in a team. 

 

15 minutes ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

What you posted is a private message between the two of you that only concerns the two of you, not a whole division or your ability to help manage a division. It was done to spite her justification of her vote that was supposed to remain private.

Actually, this lack of transparency concerns the clan as a whole. How are you to rely on someone who can't stand by any opinion and constantly leaves the work to others? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four and a half years ago, during a discussion on whether sharing logs was considered a legal violation, (yeah, this conversation actually happened at one point) the expectation of privacy for private messages of all kinds was discussed in detail. The conclusion was that private conversations over the internet were regarded the same as phonecall conversations or letters in real life, it was on the basis of the trust between the people involved in the conversation. Once an individual passed on information to another, the recipient was free to decide what they wished to do with that information. Choosing to break confidence with that person would have obvious repercussions towards their relationship with that person but there were no consequences in terms of rule or law.

 

In other words, there's no rule against sharing what you heard in a private conversation any more than there is a rule against sharing a secret that someone told you to keep secret. It's a violation of trust but not a violation of rules. The onus is on the people involved in a private conversation to only share information with people they trust to keep their confidence in good faith if it is information they don't want shared with others.

 

The exception is information from private or hidden boards. Sharing information from private boards outside of people qualified to see it is a violation of rules, even if done through private messages, unless a Commander has given permission to share something specific.

 

 

 

This was discussed a very long time ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people had forgotten since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ray has since brought to my attention that the PM refers to a promotion and not the eval.  Disregard this.

5 hours ago, Ray(OD) said:

Oh and the very same person who can't handle problems also has issues with transparency. When I was put up for Lt. Col., she left me with interesting input, but then sent me this right after:

 

fIAKtCz.png

 

Which contradicted what she said. 

On 3/27/2019 at 8:13 AM, Purplez(OD) said:

You are an extremely active member of D2 and post a lot of interesting ideas on the forum.  No one can say you don't participate.  That being said, I've noticed that when you disagree with a proposed idea, your posts tend to be hostile and argumentative instead of exploring the potential value of proposed ideas. 

 

Because being a General in Clan OD means being held to a higher standard, what steps will you take in the future to insure you will not revert to that type of behavior again?  

 

 

Given that this is the only post that Purplez made on your eval, I fail to see how the PM you have posted directly contradicts it.  It seems to me like you view the world as binary--black and white with minimal, or no, shades of grey.  Someone is either on your side or against you.

 

Purplez's PM is clearly meant to show she is still on your side while her post on your eval is clearly meant to show that you do have something you need to work on.  However, no where do these seemingly antithetical stances actually contradict each other.

 

Her PM states that she feels you deserve a promotion and that you do a lot for it.  Her post stats that you are an active member and both contribute to and participate heavily in the D2 division and the forums.

 

However, her post says that you can, at times, be argumentative and hostile.  Her PM echos this by saying "...but at times your comments have been difficult."

 

Her PM states the objective of her post is not to be confrontation.  The end of her post presents an opportunity for these critiques to be turned around in a positive light by you.

 

Her PM is in no ways at odds with her post on your eval.  I would say that you truly feel that it is then I advise that, instead of lashing out at administration, perhaps some internal reflection is necessary instead.

 

This post has not been made with any hope to convince you of anything nor to try and prevent your resignation.  I simply don't like watching false statements like this being thrown around.

Edited by Altros(OD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Altros(OD) Not on my eval, but on my Lt. Col. promo.

 

@Terra If Commanders can access whatever forum board they please even if they're private, then why can't all boards and subforums be open to all members? Private boards/club have no meaning if they can still be used by a few who aren't members. 

 

The decisions that the generals and commander make usually affect everyone in the clan and I think transparency in that area should be implemented. But, when I wrote that comment in the D2 Officer Club Promo thread it was made available for all to see. The only way to make it truly fair is if:

 

A) Everyone has a right to privacy, and any private conversations/posts may only be publicized at the poster's consent.

B) No privacy/100% transparency

 

It is my opinion that no matter your rank, you should not be able to use a post that was published in a private setting. Commander or not, not everyone is fully trustworthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

@Altros(OD) Not on my eval, but on my Lt. Col. promo.

Complete misunderstanding on my part.  I apologize for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Normally I wouldn't chime in on something like this other than wishing the person well in their future endeavors, but it really needs to stop. I do believe there is a major problem with favoritism here just like there is anywhere that you go. I would like to believe that it is being worked on by people within the clan to be remedied. It's been a common theme that I've taken notice to ever since I joined here and it is definitely something that we need to be more aware of and work on. There are legitimate concerns being brought up from both ends here...

 

With that out of the way Ray you need to stop bashing people on your resignation thread. If you have unresolved problems with leadership or an individual you need to take it up with them privately or let it go and be on your way. There is no sense in this back and forth here that is leading everyone nowhere, quit burning bridges while your ahead and be grateful for the friends that you have from here. This is a gaming community first and at the end of the day we're all here to have a good time. On the other side I would expect that the leadership here would also not engage in this petty back and forth, especially on a public forum. It either needs to be done privately or the problem needs to be cut off. Never mind what leaders and long lasting members are thinking seeing all of this, what about our new members that just joined? The way this is being handled from all sides is painting us in a bad light.

 

Ray I wish you well in whatever your future holds.

Edited by v3n0m(OD)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@v3n0m(OD) You make a very good point.

 

If anyone wants to discuss these matters further do send me a "private" message over the forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray(OD) said:

If Commanders can access whatever forum board they please even if they're private, then why can't all boards and subforums be open to all members? Private boards/club have no meaning if they can still be used by a few who aren't members. 

 

The decisions that the generals and commander make usually affect everyone in the clan and I think transparency in that area should be implemented. But, when I wrote that comment in the D2 Officer Club Promo thread it was made available for all to see. The only way to make it truly fair is if:

 

A) Everyone has a right to privacy, and any private conversations/posts may only be publicized at the poster's consent.

B) No privacy/100% transparency

 

It is my opinion that no matter your rank, you should not be able to use a post that was published in a private setting. Commander or not, not everyone is fully trustworthy. 

 

As this is an honest question, I will provide an honest answer.

 

The answer is that not everyone handles information effectively or responsibly. A person who is inexperienced with Clan or management may not fully understand the effects of certain changes or choices. In addition to that, there is a tendency for many people to jump to conclusions, to take debates personally, or to misinterpret words or intentions, particularly from those who are unfamiliar with the Clan, certain people, or understanding what is involved in running a gaming community. As our Clan progresses it will always face challenges, problems, and a need for change, and these challenges and changes need to be handled efficiently and productively. The more expansive and complex the problem, the greater the experience, judgement, and level of understanding required to put together an effective resolution.

We have private boards for each scale and type of problem pertaining to the Clan. For example the Division Administration board pertains specifically to problems and changes that affect Divisions. The people with access to this board are the type of people who have taken an active role in helping to manage Divisions (or did at some point in the past), such as Division Leaders, Officers, and Generals. It is because these people have some experience and familiarity with what is involved in running a Division that they can better weigh the kind of effects and consequences certain changes might have to Divisions, whereas a member who is not familiar with the process of running a Division might want a particular change, even with the best of intentions, without understanding the adverse effects of those decisions. Similarly the Officer's board deals with changes and problems that affect the Clan overall, and is limited to Officers and up as the process of earning Officer rank ensures that these people have a strong familiarity with the Clan and have been involved in helping out in the Clan to some extent, giving them the experience and knowledge they need to weigh the effects of changes better. The principle is the same for Divisions who use private clubs or boards to manage their Division, they limit access to those they know have a familiarity with their Division and what is involved in running it.

 

All decisions, big and small, need to be made from an informed position, and the people involved in making the decision need to have access to information relevant to that decision so that they can make the most informed decision that they can. As the significance of a decision increases in the impact it would have on the community, the availability of information needs to be greater as well. Generals and Commanders are responsible for making the changes and decisions that are the most significant to the Clan overall, and therefore they have access to view nearly all aspects of the Clan so that they can best understand how their decisions will impact each aspect. Obviously this amounts to a high level of power and responsibility in the Clan, which is why the screening process for selecting who becomes a General is so extensive.

 

 

 

 

The short summary is this:

Information and decisions are limited to those who have demonstrated that they have the experience and understanding needed to use and make them effectively. The more significant the information and decisions are to the community, the more extensive the screening process is for being in a position that is involved with them, and the more expansive information is made available to them across the Clan to help ensure those decisions are made from an informed perspective.

 

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean mistakes won't happen. There might very well be capable people in lower ranks, and sometimes even a General will jump to conclusions. For the former, hopefully their skills will be recognized and they will eventually be elevated to a position where their experience can be put to most use. For the latter, hopefully their General peers will catch it and correct it. There is no system that ensures perfection, but the process we have in our Clan ensures that the people involved in specific decisions and the information related to them are those with the experience, judgement, maturity, and teamwork to most likely make the best decisions for the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Terra I understand that informed people should be making the big decisions, but it doesn't hurt to inform the uninformed about any changes that would affect them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ray(OD) Vs @Purplez(OD) Factcheck

 

                                                     Ray                              Cindy

Active days in Clan                  676                               509

Total  Recruits                            44                                  45

Active Recruits                              5                                 10

Medals                                         16                                  18

Points                                      1849                              2103

Squads                                           3                                    3

Elite                                                 0                                    0

D2 channel help Bots                    1                                   1

More than one game                 No                               Yes

Website News Post                     24                                 55

Forum posts                            1273                             2211 

Reputation                                 574                               558

 

Your arguments seems to me either you jealous on her or not digest her growth in OD.

You always attacking mode which is not good for a +Officer ranks

You always think you don't have support but that's wrong

You didn't learn yet how the clan ranks works

You show the second face The things are not favor to you

 

Suggestions for climb high ranks

1.Be cool all the time

2.Dont touch gray areas for a while

3.Stop think some one steel your credits

4.Respect other members input which are against you

5.Stop rubbing same things over n over 

6.Give value for members time and efforts

7.you still younger listen elders

8.Dont chase for power and ranks they will come upon activity with good attitude  best eg @SuNSeT&  @DBZ(OD)

 

I hope you stay and fulfill your dreams about OD(only on ranks)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

I understand that informed people should be making the big decisions, but it doesn't hurt to inform the uninformed about any changes that would affect them.

 

We make an active effort to announce or log any changes we make that affect people on the whole in visible locations, usually with the reasons for those changes explained in detail. In addition all of our Generals are typically very open to answering questions or concerns as they are brought to them. If there is a particular situation you are referring to that you feel people were not informed about then we can talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hari(OD) said:

Your arguments seems to me either you jealous on her or not digest her growth in OD.

You always attacking mode which is not good for a +Officer ranks

You always think you don't have support but that's wrong

You didn't learn yet how the clan ranks works

You show the second face The things are not favor to you

 

Suggestions for climb high ranks

1.Be cool all the time

2.Dont touch gray areas for a while

3.Stop think some one steel your credits

4.Respect other members input which are against you

5.Stop rubbing same things over n over 

6.Give value for members time and efforts

7.you still younger listen elders

8.Dont chase for power and ranks they will come upon activity with good attitude  best eg @SuNSeT&  @DBZ(OD)

 

I hope you stay and fulfill your dreams about OD(only on ranks)

I'm unbiased Hari; I dislike many people equally. I do attack, and sometimes it is self defense. I genuinely don't think I have much support. I think I have a pretty good idea as to how the clan ranks work. When things don't go my way I like to figure out why.

 

1. I can be cool as a cucumber (believe me!)

2. I might as well not touch the forums then

3. I will continue to think it, because it is true

4. I'm open to input, as long as it is reasonable

5. Sometimes I feel like I gotta get the bottom of something

6. I do

7. Elders are not automatically worthy of my time. Now, I understand respecting your elders is a big thing, especially in Asian cultures, but I don't follow that.

8. Originally I wasn't chasing, but I only did starting chasing when I learned the changes I could make through rank progression.

 

I really don't see a reason to stay in OD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This will be my first and only post in this thread.  I do not wish you anything but the best in whatever you decide to do.  In my time in the Clan I have only ever offered you the hand of friendship. 

 

Fact:  There was never any competition in my eyes between us for a rank in a gaming community.  There is always room for more people.  My contributions to the Clan speak for themself.  I do what I do because I enjoy the fun, community feeling found in Clan OD.

 

Fact:  To become a general, it's a 2 part phase.  First, at least 2 generals must nominate you to participate in an evaluation.  There are 10 generals and 4 commanders that then vote privately to decide who is put up for the promotion for the community to vote on.  You did not receive the required number of generals/commanders to proceed to Phase 2.  At no time did I have anything to do with whether you passed the first part. 

 

Fact:  You posted false accusations against me during the second part of my evaluation for general, which was public until it was taken down.  Those accusations were thoroughly investigated by  2 objective generals not in the D2 section of the Clan.  These accusations were found to be false.  In fact, when you asked me to go private with you to channel OP Sassy on D2, which conversation was recorded, you admitted that you did not believe the accusations you made against me and that you were sorry.

 

Fact:  I told you then, that I harbored no ill will toward you and we would continue to be friendly and work together to keep the D2 division a fun place to game in.

 

Fact:  The only reason I accepted the nomination to submit an evaluation for general was to be a part of the decision makers within this Clan.  I received the required number of votes and will continue to do what I can to make this a fun gaming experience for everybody.

 

I don't know why you have so much hate and dislike of me.  I have done absolutely nothing to deserve it.  If you decide to stay in the Clan, I will continue to treat you with the same respect and kindness that I try to treat everybody.  But, I will not allow your toxicity or unhappiness with whatever is going on in your life to affect how I will live mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

I'm unbiased Hari; I dislike many people equally. I do attack, and sometimes it is self defense. I genuinely don't think I have much support. I think I have a pretty good idea as to how the clan ranks work. When things don't go my way I like to figure out why.

 

1. I can be cool as a cucumber (believe me!)

2. I might as well not touch the forums then

3. I will continue to think it, because it is true

4. I'm open to input, as long as it is reasonable

5. Sometimes I feel like I gotta get the bottom of something

6. I do

7. Elders are not automatically worthy of my time. Now, I understand respecting your elders is a big thing, especially in Asian cultures, but I don't follow that.

8. Originally I wasn't chasing, but I only did starting chasing when I learned the changes I could make through rank progression.

 

I really don't see a reason to stay in OD. 

 

I think that posts like this (which has become a trend of yours lately) is why your support continues to fall. On top of that, as Hari mentioned, you attack too often which means that you don't always take the time needed to understand various situations or what is trying to be said (point being a member msg'ing leadership with an issue and your reaction not being very officer-like in ts - can elaborate more via pm if interested).

 

I've seen it multiple times since joining the clan among various individuals, but it seems as you have progressed, you've become obsessed with being flashy for others to get to the next rank instead of looking through the eyes of others and evaluating how you might look to different members. Do you have promise as an officer? Absolutely. You have done a lot for the community that can back that up. However, your shortcomings (don't take this word the wrong way, we all have them) are just a thick fog to your sights set on General. The community is not about progressing in rank as fast as possible, it is about helping others (lower ranks especially), being around people that allow you to enjoy your time spent here, and of course enjoying the games that brought you here in the first place. If that leads to promotions, Great! If not, it's not the end of the world and your time will come eventually.

 

Taking shots at other members and leadership won't help anything. If there are issues you see that really should be addressed, then take proper routes to bring it up. Contact members above you and they will bring it up or address it themselves, or save it for community / admin meetings and discuss it there. Additionally, you have to know when to play officer and when to play friend. You have to know where to draw the line and be able to partake in both sides.

 

One last thing. As a member above enlisted, you should remember that we are not here to please anybody above us, but to instead be there for the ones below us. We have a certain responsibility to set an example for them and demonstrate how a member of a long lasting good mannered clan should act. If you see something wrong then you should without a doubt bring up your concerns. I hope that you can learn from all of these comments (there's a lot.. o.o) and grow from this whole ordeal. If you decide to stay the input could be invaluable, if not then I hope that you still learn from it and best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

 

fin 🤐

 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Purplez(OD)

 

Cindy

 

There are things you say and do that are extremely perplexing that makes me question your ability to perform effectively as a general. You have certainly made a great officer/sr officer, but why did the generals approve your promotion to Brigadier General is what I wonder. 

 

Posts I've made in the Officer's Board, such as the Programming Academy ended with a reply from you saying something along the lines of "I spoke of something similar with PoPs once." It didn't contribute to the conversation. I've also read old forum posts and notice the striking similarities between them and some of your threads. You also have a risky tendency to take on too many duties, and I don't think you ask for help often because it looks like you purposely overwhelm yourself with things to do then you're more likely to make mistakes. 

 

Even if it wasn't your intention, I've seen you step on people's toes when it came to handling certain avenues such as with the d2jsp guild and social media. 

 

I have been told by generals that you still require assistance with problem solving even as a 1-star general. In some situations, you don't respond either. 

 

Many ideas you've suggested on the forums such as a forum notepad are lackluster, and I hope that isn't the limit of your imagination or ingenuity. Having another general that just sticks to the status quo deeply concerns me. 

 

Rivalry or not Cindy, you've been mostly protected and served a silver platter while I got to where I was on my own. I didn't do what others did, I wasn't being given advice or suggestions. You are a people person, and I am not. I was just a guy doing his thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeet yeet skeet skeet imma miss my ray meat

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo what's up is someone gonna disable me or is this going to be some big mo'fukin resignation thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

Soooo what's up is someone gonna disable me or is this going to be some big mo'fukin resignation thread

 

Generally, we wait 48 hours before disabling someone when they post a resignation. It gives you any last chances to decide you don't wish to resign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...