Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

Community Meeting on Sunday, May 5th @ 8PM EST/7PM CST

Posted (edited)

Salutations!

I will be hosting another community meeting on Sunday, May 5th @ 8PM EST/7PM CST via Teamspeak.

These community meetings are to:

- Address community concerns, opinions, questions, and suggestions.

- Establish relationships between clan members

- Encourage community participation on Teamspeak 3 and the forums

- Give lower ranking members an opportunity to participate in current discussions

- Promote clan events

We want these meetings to reflect OD, therefore we would appreciate having representatives from different divisions, squads, and the Community. For proper organization and direction, we ask that you reply to this thread with any topics you'd like to be discussed. 

Topics of discussion will include, but are not limited to:

- Social Media

- D3's Sparta Event: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68643-sparta-event/

- D3's Member of the Month Event: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68562-d3-member-of-month/

- Prozacck's D3 Walkthrough Event: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68582-prozacckod”s-walk-through/

- Hari's Streaming Event: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68557-prize-for-game-streamers/?tab=comments#comment-841580

- D2's Video Game Coupon Event: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68506-video-game-coupon-redemption/

- SC2's Revival: http://forum.overdosed.net/topic/68382-starcraft-nerds-pay-heed/?tab=comments#comment-83952

- 7 Days to Die 

- D2 Ladder Reset

- Twitch Streaming 

- Console Usage & Training

- DSL

If you are planning on an upcoming event or starting a topic that you would like to gain public insight on, you are welcome to send me a message on the site or forums.

To download Teamspeak, follow this link: https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/

Edited by Ray(OD)
  • Like 1

Even with the guides that are provided, some of our members still have trouble with the "console".  Either at the meeting or offering console training afterwards would be great.  Thanks for hosting the community meeting Ray!  

20 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Even with the guides that are provided, some of our members still have trouble with the "console".  Either at the meeting or offering console training afterwards would be great.  Thanks for hosting the community meeting Ray!  

Added to the list.

No problem; I like doing these kinds of things for the community.

I would like to add to  @Purplez(OD) concern. Even though the guides are out there, majority of the members i believe have not seen it.

***Maybe make the guides(console, voting, running games, ranks/expectations) more available or easier for them to find?

Because i randomly get msgs in game bout how to use console or where it even is, to how to vote for trial members, and who can vote. and also ranking and their expectations as some are just wanting/getting to get promoted and not know what responsibility it comes with.  i myself didnt know the responsibility until i read the guide by @Terra but glad that i was doing what im suppose to be doing 😉

46 minutes ago, JR(OD) said:

I would like to add to  @Purplez(OD) concern. Even though the guides are out there, majority of the members i believe have not seen it.

***Maybe make the guides(console, voting, running games, ranks/expectations) more available or easier for them to find?

Because i randomly get msgs in game bout how to use console or where it even is, to how to vote for trial members, and who can vote. and also ranking and their expectations as some are just wanting/getting to get promoted and not know what responsibility it comes with.  i myself didnt know the responsibility until i read the guide by @Terra but glad that i was doing what im suppose to be doing 😉

There's an F.A.Q. under About Us! on overdosed.net.

Posted (edited)

And you will get some members that just can not be  bothered with the console at all no matter how hard you talk with them about it and some just can’t not use it yes this is true they just can not work their way around the console or forums...

@JR(OD) that is a lot to do with the recruiter to explain the console and forums but like I said some can’t be arsed to use either 🙂 

Edited by Sassy

I'm not 100% sure I will be able to make this meeting but will definitely try to do so. I guess the one concern I would like to bring up is just the major segregation between members within the guild (between divisions really). It's definitely not going to get better over night which I understand but I do think it's something that requires attention from all. If I am unable to attend I can go more in depth on here prior to the meeting so that it might be discussed. 😄

10 minutes ago, v3n0m(OD) said:

I'm not 100% sure I will be able to make this meeting but will definitely try to do so. I guess the one concern I would like to bring up is just the major segregation between members within the guild (between divisions really). It's definitely not going to get better over night which I understand but I do think it's something that requires attention from all. If I am unable to attend I can go more in depth on here prior to the meeting so that it might be discussed. 😄

A recording will be provided post-meeting. If you cannot attend, then I can bring it up on your behalf 😉

I'm unsure if I will be in attendance (I have a final the following day), but I am curious what topics you are aiming to discuss regarding social media. Would be nice to know what is going on 🙂

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I'm unsure if I will be in attendance (I have a final the following day), but I am curious what topics you are aiming to discuss regarding social media. Would be nice to know what is going on 🙂

Of course.

I look forward to seeing you host the meeting I'll see you there in two weeks

at this present time I think I'll be able to make it, I request that we finish by 8 PM as Game of Thrones is life

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snicker66(OD) said:

I look forward to seeing you host the meeting I'll see you there in two weeks

at this present time I think I'll be able to make it, I request that we finish by 8 PM as Game of Thrones is life

Sounds good!

Posted (edited)

I've added this event to the calendar on the main website for ya @Ray(OD). Looking forward to attending (and I second snicker66's motion to have it end by 8pm CST for GoT)!

Edited by CompFreak(OD)
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

21 minutes ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

I've added this event to the calendar on the main website for ya @Ray(OD). Looking forward to attending (and I second snicker66's motion to have it end by 8pm CST for GoT)!

Thanks Comp!

The meeting might not be very long so don'tcha worry about it.