Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

We're a community aren't we?

It has come to my attention that in this vast and diverse clan, many find themselves playing with a few people or no one at all. This is unacceptable, and it may lead to members leaving OD.

Everyone deserves help, even if they're without a squad or a division. Everyone also deserves company. 

If you find yourself mostly playing alone or hardly anyone, please tell what is the game you play, how the game works, what you enjoy about the game, what aspects of the game you think might appeal to members, and more. A forum post may not suffice, which is why I'm going to try everything in my power to advertise all games. 

No one should be left behind. 

i play d2 sc,hc sc classic.. i play mostly on my own... 

the game is simple u click on monsters till they die...

• Sad 1

7 days to die : Crafting, survival, horror rpg in a voxel based world.  

This game revolves around a sandbox playstyle, meaning you play how you like.  If you want to specialize in guns then you can.  If you prefer to mine and build then go for it.  If you like to farm and just survive so be it, the option is there.  There alot of possibilities for a player and eventually you can be very well rounded as you progress in levels.  If you want to say screw a base and live nomad style and raid other peoples bases (pvp server only), welp, thats an option too.

What I enjoy most about 7DTD is the replay-ability.  I have had this game for a little over a year now and I still do not find myself bored very often.  Between the updates the devs put out and the modding community you can always find a fresh way to play.  The random world generator expands on that as you can always create an entirely new world to explore.  Also for the price, currently USD $24.99, it is well worth it for the amount of hours of enjoyment the game has given me.

For the d2 community the looting aspect would probably draw your attention.  This game revolves heavily around looting early game but eventually you can craft most things (after lvl 100 or so).  The combat is decent as well, melee is a little sluggish but ranged and gunplay is not to bad.  Pvp is also fun as well, the thrill of hunting someone down or finding a random base to raid only to break open the door to have an ak-47 in your face.

Base building is by far my favorite thing to do.  Building elaborate complexes or just replicating something you have seen in real life.  There are alot of blocks to choose from so the options are endless on how you want to design a base.  This is a voxel based world, think minecraft with much better graphics, and this game also implements structural integrity and gravity (so no floating blocks or un realistic buildings).  

Crafting is easy to learn but hard to master, the shear volume of items to obtain and learn what each one does can be overwhelming at first but as you play more you will become more comfortable with the system as a whole and learn to love it.

Survival is also an easy mechanic to manage but also can be hard to master.  You have to manage hunger, thirst, temperature regulation, negative status effects like sickness or infection, broken legs, sprained legs etc etc...But also can obtain buffs in the forms of medicines and drugs.

My advice, if you enjoy FPS, rpg, survival horror and like minecraft, you will probably enjoy this game, so give it a try and join me on my server.

I've been play a lot of League lately (MOBA), but my main games typically revolve around MMORPG type things. I play FFXIV still when I have the money to do it, but aside from that I've just been sitting around and watching forums in quiet because I don't play anything with anyone here (nor do I have the money to go and purchase another game that I won't end up sticking to in the end). Free mmorpg's simply aren't around anymore sadly.

1 hour ago, Atrayas(OD) said:

7 days to die : Crafting, survival, horror rpg in a voxel based world.  

This game revolves around a sandbox playstyle, meaning you play how you like.  If you want to specialize in guns then you can.  If you prefer to mine and build then go for it.  If you like to farm and just survive so be it, the option is there.  There alot of possibilities for a player and eventually you can be very well rounded as you progress in levels.  If you want to say screw a base and live nomad style and raid other peoples bases (pvp server only), welp, thats an option too.

What I enjoy most about 7DTD is the replay-ability.  I have had this game for a little over a year now and I still do not find myself bored very often.  Between the updates the devs put out and the modding community you can always find a fresh way to play.  The random world generator expands on that as you can always create an entirely new world to explore.  Also for the price, currently USD $24.99, it is well worth it for the amount of hours of enjoyment the game has given me.

For the d2 community the looting aspect would probably draw your attention.  This game revolves heavily around looting early game but eventually you can craft most things (after lvl 100 or so).  The combat is decent as well, melee is a little sluggish but ranged and gunplay is not to bad.  Pvp is also fun as well, the thrill of hunting someone down or finding a random base to raid only to break open the door to have an ak-47 in your face.

Base building is by far my favorite thing to do.  Building elaborate complexes or just replicating something you have seen in real life.  There are alot of blocks to choose from so the options are endless on how you want to design a base.  This is a voxel based world, think minecraft with much better graphics, and this game also implements structural integrity and gravity (so no floating blocks or un realistic buildings).  

Crafting is easy to learn but hard to master, the shear volume of items to obtain and learn what each one does can be overwhelming at first but as you play more you will become more comfortable with the system as a whole and learn to love it.

Survival is also an easy mechanic to manage but also can be hard to master.  You have to manage hunger, thirst, temperature regulation, negative status effects like sickness or infection, broken legs, sprained legs etc etc...But also can obtain buffs in the forms of medicines and drugs.

My advice, if you enjoy FPS, rpg, survival horror and like minecraft, you will probably enjoy this game, so give it a try and join me on my server.

This game sounds awesome, and would certainly keep me on my toes. Too bad I can't play it </3. But, I'm sure there are others who'd be down to play this. 

@MelodicRose(OD) I've enjoyed playing League with you and @Jiraiya(OD)...Reviving it would be something I'd be interested in taking part in. 

This is more or less just a list of other things I play outside of the listed games in OD in no particular order. If anyone plays them feel free to hit me up anytime

Sea of Thieves

Rocket League

Dota 2

CS:GO

Apex Legends (In the process of making it a division)

7 Days (Do have just don't play nearly as much, would be happy to join you Atrayas)

47 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

This game sounds awesome, and would certainly keep me on my toes. Too bad I can't play it </3. But, I'm sure there are others who'd be down to play this. 

@MelodicRose(OD) I've enjoyed playing League with you and @Jiraiya(OD)...Reviving it would be something I'd be interested in taking part in. 

While I appreciate this thought, I don't intend to revive a division within a toxic game 😛

• Laugh 1

1 minute ago, MelodicRose(OD) said:

I don't intend to revive a division within a toxic game

Fair enough