Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

Brood War Night!

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'd like to host Brood War night. This clan wide event will take place on Saturday, January 5th, at 9 EST. We'll be playing team vs team, on U.S. West. 

How to get Starcraft: Brood War:

To get Starcraft: Broodwar, navigate yourself to Blizzard's site. If you haven't created an account already, you'll have to register here: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/. On the top right, you'll see "My Account". Click on it, and select "Create free account".

Once the registration's complete, select "Games" on the top left, and pick "Downloads" from the drop down menu. This will bring you to a list of game clients. Scroll all the way down until you reach "Classic Games". Download Starcraft Anthology (Starcraft is free-to-play!). Proceed to install Starcraft, and Starcraft: Brood War. 

Starcraft is played via the Blizzard Launcher. It's possible that you may have to update your app/game.

Connecting to Battle.net: 

Upon starting SC (Starcraft), there'll be a brief loading screen. Once you get to the menu, hit "Multiplayer", then "Expansion".

Under "connection", click on Battle.net, then U.S. West. If you have to create a new account, please make it the same as your OD name.

Hit "OK" when finished. Enter the channel "OD Event" after clicking on "Join Channel".

Teams:

Teams will be made based off the number of participants.

To register for the event, simply reply to this thread.

Edited by Ray(OD)

😞 Darn. I can only friday/saturday nites, QQ

26 minutes ago, Townkill(OD) said:

😞 Darn. I can only friday/saturday nites, QQ

I could change to Friday or Saturday

I might have actually joined if it wasn't during a meeting. Been debating a few games recently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

I might have actually joined if it wasn't during a meeting. Been debating a few games recently.

Been playin a fair bit recently. Uswest is active and has semi experienced players...beat down isnt quiet as bad...actually won a few 2v2s. Should learn to post videos

Ps @Ray(OD) most of the OD players who still play sc prefer not to play fastest maps :S

Edited by SuNSeT
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Aerineth(OD) I might just change the date to TBA until I know when enough people are available.

@SuNSeT I could always change it if it is better. I'm open to suggestions that will help me make this event more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for the advice!

Edited by Ray(OD)

38 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

@Aerineth(OD) I might just change the date to TBA until I know when enough people are available.

@SuNSeT I could always change it if it is better. I'm open to suggestions that will help me make this event more enjoyable for everyone. Thanks for the advice!

majority of former players will play iccup maps

lost temple

luna

python

fighting spirit

RoV

https://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/540170-bsl-season-6-format-maps-schedule-and-more

is the go to website for anything starcraft related. Pro matches, replays, strategy guides, etc.

• Like 1

I might be able to play this sunday. I'm very bad at this game though, does that matter?

• Laugh 1

10 minutes ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

I might be able to play this sunday. I'm very bad at this game though, does that matter?

Lol nah, I'm a complete nub. I just love the lore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TieDyeT(OD) said:

checkout teamliquid for strategys. they give build orders and shit so you can get an idea 

Sorry I missed it. I was pre-occupied on a mini vacation. Looking forward to another time with yall though.