About Negative Votes

Recently, there has been much controversy over a member's promotion to MWO5 (Master Warrant Officer 5). There has been several positive votes, but there has also been negative votes.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions whether they're favorable or not. Different people get offended by different things. Though, to be offended by negative votes is rather odd unless the negative voter's intention was to be offensive as opposed to being constructive. A negative vote is not a personal attack, and it should not be seen as such. If the promotee demonstrates poor behavior, that could potentially warrant a negative vote depending on the kind of behavior that's being exhibited.

One last thing-if a promotion gets at least -100% votes, you do not get demoted. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Ray(OD) said:

One last thing-if a promotion gets at least -100% votes, you do not get demoted. 

Just to clarify this: not passing a promotion, no matter the %, will result in the member remaining the same rank before they were nominated. The only way to receive a demotion is for a general to manually do so, using their console. This also usually only happens as a result of disciplinary action.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Just to clarify this: not passing a promotion, no matter the %, will result in the member remaining the same rank before they were nominated. The only way to receive a demotion is for a general to manually do so, using their console. This also usually only happens as a result of disciplinary action.

Thanks for bringing this up.

• Like 1

Unfortunately,  when two division heads drop ten negative votes there is loss of face. During an officer evaluation I could understand, but a public shaming is like being the kid not invited to a party just to humiliate.

Someone commented that the last promotion was undeserved and someone commented one was gotten dishonestly (unknown here, did I bribe someone ? ). Did I miss something, I was led to believe that each vote was on it's own merits. The big votes poison the atmosphere and make it impossible to judge <for me at least and perhaps for others> who was voting honestly, who was just following the herd (good politics , always virtue signal when you can ), who was afraid to oppose a division head, who wanted to vote with the general's consensus and gain approval, who crossed divisions to lie and vote to settle a personal score ( congratulations on that by the way, I admire a good vengeance. ) and who voted due to ignorance. As Terra said , people vote for silly reasons sometimes on both sides and who is to judge ?

The loss of wa <harmony>  is irreparable. I have two days to await the final tally of all votes, fortunately it will happen before I spend another six hours inventorying  the mules <Sunday is my light day, I can walk the dog some more> .

I am surprised and shocked by some votes from my friends and my unfriends (enemies ? rivals ? ) did not disappoint.

Purple, at least I am trustworthy enough not to destroy the mules, if the worse happens remember to change the passwords, I would hate to be accused of being a thief as well as being dishonest or adding it to my other obvious to some faults (so hard to see your own faults, but there is always someone to identify them for you in a glass house).

Let the virtue signaling begin now, I am disappointed , humiliated, dismayed, and damaged, as was the point of this exercise by some. I admire those who voted to help me and congratulate those who voted to harm me (you succeeded, patience is like waiting by a river waiting for your enemies' bodies to drift by  <a favorite quote>). This will be my only comment on this issue, I do not act hastily and my anger at a game has disturbed my wa and I must re center.

28 minutes ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

Unfortunately,  when two division heads drop ten negative votes there is loss of face. During an officer evaluation I could understand, but a public shaming is like being the kid not invited to a party just to humiliate.

Someone commented that the last promotion was undeserved and someone commented one was gotten dishonestly (unknown here, did I bribe someone ? ). Did I miss something, I was led to believe that each vote was on it's own merits. The big votes poison the atmosphere and make it impossible to judge <for me at least and perhaps for others> who was voting honestly, who was just following the herd (good politics , always virtue signal when you can ), who was afraid to oppose a division head, who wanted to vote with the general's consensus and gain approval, who crossed divisions to lie and vote to settle a personal score ( congratulations on that by the way, I admire a good vengeance. ) and who voted due to ignorance. As Terra said , people vote for silly reasons sometimes on both sides and who is to judge ?

The loss of wa <harmony>  is irreparable. I have two days to await the final tally of all votes, fortunately it will happen before I spend another six hours inventorying  the mules <Sunday is my light day, I can walk the dog some more> .

I am surprised and shocked by some votes from my friends and my unfriends (enemies ? rivals ? ) did not disappoint.

Purple, at least I am trustworthy enough not to destroy the mules, if the worse happens remember to change the passwords, I would hate to be accused of being a thief as well as being dishonest or adding it to my other obvious to some faults (so hard to see your own faults, but there is always someone to identify them for you in a glass house).

Let the virtue signaling begin now, I am disappointed , humiliated, dismayed, and damaged, as was the point of this exercise by some. I admire those who voted to help me and congratulate those who voted to harm me (you succeeded, patience is like waiting by a river waiting for your enemies' bodies to drift by  <a favorite quote>). This will be my only comment on this issue, I do not act hastily and my anger at a game has disturbed my wa and I must re center.

if the div leaders did not think you were ready then they obviously, voted the way they I really havent been paying too much attention to the pc aspects as much with Bo4 launching and me trying to find 10 deticated ps4 players to clan up and run the OD tag with me but damn this is all over a failed promo, if anything just speak to a commander and such This was more of a witch hunt post anyways Im gonna go back to firing shots in anger at people

• Like 2

Let’s get one thing straight my vote was not in no way ever to humiliate you or upset you we are all each to our own on how we want to vote and I will always do that ... I did not cast  my vote to publicly shame you as you say also I may say I never cast my vote on that we never really See eye to eye and I do believe your post should been sent in private message to whome ever well me and pops as we are mentioned but not by name but it is fired at us I stand by my vote but like I said you are on right track with things so it wasn’t to shame or humiliate you 

Edited by Sassy

@GhostDog(OD)You and i spoke last night about all this and i thought we were on the same page. I tried my best to explain our position to you. We had no intention of humiliating or degrading you. We only felt that this promo came a little bit soon and maybe with a short pause you might be able to look at some of the constructive criticism offered up...Im sorry if you feel put off by this, as I stated to you, you are coming close to the officer ranks and id like to see you do well as an officer. None of our votes had anything to do with any past misunderstandings or hurt feelings but as i said....only it was a little too soon. Pass of fail here will not change any of what you have done for us....those are the things that brought you this far and its my hope to see you continue along this path and succeed.

For the record.....no one has said or implied that you have acted dishonestly at any time....you have earned your current rank....i suggest that you have misread what was posted or perhaps could have been worded better...i believe from what i read that vote was being stated as honestly as he could...there is that misunderstanding....We DO NOT or HAVE NOT ever questioned your integrity...I hope this can clear up our thinking on the matter....I would invite you to msg me anytime to continue these talks....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

Warrant Officers

- Actively participates in events

- Actively recruiting for the Clan

- Assisting other members with help in-game or questions regarding the Clan

- Participates in forum discussions

- Hosting events or getting involved in leadership and Administration are considered particularly impressive

- Overall being a helpful member and gamer that supports their Division is what we look for in Warrant Officers

These are the requirements for Warrant Officer Rank. Now many people have different opinions but I find if you meet at least the first couple things along with activity and helpfulness it shouldn't be a problem. From an outsider looking in.

1. You are active

2. I see you participate in events and on the forums.

3. Ive seen you help people in the channel.

the 5th thing is only a + it isnt something that really should be held against you.

I will say that usually getting to WO5 isn't hard but what you do during WO5 will definitely dictate your future. Either you will remain at this rank for a long period of time or you will move into Officer rank where the expectations change. During your time as WO5 should be evaluated much more than your time as a WO4. This is just my opinion. If you feel you have met these rank expectations reach out to a commander or any general you feel comfortable going to. However don't get discouraged your activity and efforts are not going unnoticed. You have 2 days left to get your votes good luck!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dabomb(OD) said:

I find if you meet at least the first couple things along with activity and helpfulness it shouldn't be a problem. From an outsider looking in.

Again, no one is questioning what he has done to get to this point or any rank expectations, only the amount of time since his last promo....less than 2 weeks

@GhostDog(OD) no one was afraid to "oppose the division heads". Your promotion was not an example of "public shaming". You do have your merits, you do do good for division members, but you could do MORE. That is the point some of us were trying to make. People said on your promotion that anyone can rush/recruit/run and somehow that got you to CO4. If it upsets you that you've received those negative votes, then ask someone for advice. Ask "what could I do to step up my game?" Instead you wrote a lengthily response about being "humiliated". 

To sum it up, Ghostdog, you have the potential to be molded into an officer candidate-you're just not doing anything...distinct.  

• Like 1

Ray hit it on the head there if you took time to say hey let me go ask these members where I’m going wrong and where I can better myself rather then criticize what folk have posted maybe this wouldn’t been taken so far..... like when I was training purples she always ALWAYS ask myself julie what else can I do what else should I be doing I always told her and what an officer that lady is now and yes I am her recruiter everyday she would ask and I’d tell her what she needing to do I believe I helped her become that officer she is today all down to her asking what was accept of her... so if you can take anything from this I’m always there if you need help with anything or just a chat about what you can do more to help I will always help .....

Edited by Sassy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PoPs(OD) said:

Again, no one is questioning what he has done to get to this point or any rank expectations, only the amount of time since his last promo....less than 2 weeks

aww damn i thought it was only 7 days.. 😞

I would like to start this by saying that I love all of you, some more than others (and you know who you are). 

But this is embarrassing. 

This is not a tier changing promotion.

I could have a discussion in private with any of you on how GhostDog does more actively for the Diablo 2 division than even some of our officers do. (Some of them by a landslide)

Nothing I have seen or heard of GhostDog's interaction with any member has ever seemed to me to be more extreme than any other officer or general speaking to someone that they just simply don't like, and for GhostDog this appears to me to be very much fewer and far between than the average person.

Something like this being displayed for an officer rank I would understand, but this is (as I have stated before) not a tier changing rank. 

The requirements pasted by DaBomb (ty ty) have been met by GhostDog and even surpassed by GhostDog. 

I do not understand why this is happening, I don't agree with it, and it is quite frankly an embarrassment. 

Like I said before. I love all of you, some more than others, Sassy being ranked closer to the top and Ray being ranked closer to the bottom. 

But I do love you. 

This is only my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Wichita(OD) said:

But this is embarrassing

Please do elaborate.

1 hour ago, Wichita(OD) said:

I could have a discussion in private with any of you on how GhostDog does more actively for the Diablo 2 division than even some of our officers do. (Some of them by a landslide)

I'd love to discuss this with you if you so choose.