i've recently ran into some issues that i think could be addressed in a manner which greatly improves our overall quality of life here in OD.

How hard would it be to add an event calendar with a standard monthly layout with which we could track event dates? 

it's hard to know when to schedule an event without coinciding with another's event schedule. 

my last event was rescheduled due to coinciding with another member's event, and as a result we had one player drop out, another had to rush to work, and a third had a football game pre ordered on PPV.

it would be easier to track event dates if we could see and add them on a standard calendar. 

also, editing posts. why not?

possibly adding the ability to edit a post in the forums?

I had posted the bracket for an event and due to someone dropping out because of the rescheduling, i had to track down Triny and request that it be removed so i could post the modified bracket. 

It would be a huge time and stress saver if we had the ability to edit. 

• Upvote 1

The ability to edit posts on the forums without having to rely on (idk if Sr. Officers can) a general or commander all the time would be nice; this would remove the need for an event calendar though. By being able to edit the OP of a thread would allow to update the time frame of the event without having to include another element on the site. 

We do have an "official" calendar for events (displayed on the main website), that is able to be added / edited only by Commanders and a select few currently (myself included). We also have an "announcements" section here on the forums, that any General+ can add / edit. As for the ability of editing posts on the forums (your own or someone else's), the permission is restricted to Generals+ currently. 

Editted by Altros: Officers should be able to edit their own posts while editting of others is restricted to Generals+.  On that note, @Terra, I think I found a mistake in the permissions, I probably shouldn't be able to edit @CompFreak(OD)'s post like this...

Edited by Altros(OD)
3 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

We do have an "official" calendar for events (displayed on the main website), that is able to be added / edited only by Commanders and a select few currently (myself included). We also have an "announcements" section here on the forums, that any General+ can add / edit. As for the ability of editing posts on the forums (your own or someone else's), the permission is restricted to Generals+ currently. 

Editted by Altros: Officers should be able to edit their own posts while editting of others is restricted to Generals+.  On that note, @Terra, I think I found a mistake in the permissions, I probably shouldn't be able to edit @CompFreak(OD)'s post like this...

All Generals have the ability to add to this calendar as they get an overdosed email. As well as numerous other people. But nobody uses it despite myself showing people how in the past. That's on them, not the few you've listed here.

No it isn't. And I had a hell of a time figuring out why.

And I can't say that the discovery has exactly thrilled me either. The issue isn't the Officer or Senior Officer groups, it's individual Moderators. (Being that almost every Officer and SO is also a Moderator, this really sent me on a wild goose chase for a while) For some reason even though a person is being designated as a Moderator of specific boards, their Moderator powers are extending to every board anyway. In other words right now all Moderators, old and new alike, are regarded as Global Moderators by the forum. I don't know if this is an error from a recent forum update or if there is something wrong with our settings, I'll have to look at it in detail when I get some time.

Thank you @Altros(OD) for taking the time to point that out to us.

Knew he earned dat promo. Even if its 30 days after. :p

15 hours ago, Aerineth(OD) said:

All Generals have the ability to add to this calendar as they get an overdosed email. As well as numerous other people. But nobody uses it despite myself showing people how in the past. That's on them, not the few you've listed here.

I stand corrected... Thanks for the clarification 😉