Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

What Anime Do You Like?

Hey! What anime do you like? I like

- One Piece (Monkey D. Luffy is the captain of the Straw Hats pirate crew and has a body made of rubber. He sets out to sea to find a legendary treasure left behind by the late pirate king Gold Roger)

- Bleach (Kurosaki Ichigo is a human teen with latent supernatural powers that allows him to do battle with spirits and apparitions. The main cast has something of a samurai design.) 

- Shokugeki no Soma aka Food Wars (Yukihira Soma who helps run a special-of-the day restaurant with his dad enrolls in a cooking school were he hopes to learn his skills mostly via cook-offs.)

- One Punch Man (Saitama is an overpowered protagonist who defeats his opponents in one hit. He is also as he puts it himself "a hero for fun".)

- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Different protagonists each arc which are called "parts" with their own titles. The anime is still working on dubbing Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable in English. From part 3 and beyond, characters fight with unique powers by manifesting  a ghost that stands with them. These ghosts are simply known as "stands" and represent their uses mental strength. Stand users take any damage that their stand sustains.)

Edited by Ray(OD)

Berserk - A diamond in the rough, love this one

Ninja Scroll - The anime that got me hooked

Attack on Titan - Great art work in this one, decent story too

Dragon ball/z/super - I mean come on...its dragon ball

One punch man - Funny little anime with a ton of comic relief in it

• Like 1

Spice and Wolf: A classic in my opinion

Highschool DxD: I watch for the "plot".  Seriously though the ability to combine elements of all religions with a cast of mostly likeable characters and fanservice so prudes beware.

Overlord:  Ainz Ooal Gown!

Escaflowne:  Another fantastic anime where the love between two people and one BA Dragon Heart powered mech may just save the world.

Yu Yu Hakusho:  This story is one of the primary examples of how to show a main character gaining in life experience and how it changes his outlook on life.  Also cause Demons...

Inuyasha A half demon, the reincarnation of a priestess, a lecherous monk, a fox spirit, and a demon slayer walk into a bar?

Gantz:  So many ways to die thanks aliens.

Psycho Pass:  I had a thought yesterday.  Sir you are under arrest please come with us.

Air gear:  You wish your rollerblades were this cool.

Edited by Bahafresh(OD)
Forgot one lol
  • Like 3

@Bahafresh(OD) I still haven't really gotten very far in High School DxD.. perhaps I should one of these millennia eh?

Hmm.. as far as my favorite.. I'm a bit of a sap and romanticist, so I'll get those out of the way first.

Your Name - while actually a movie, it was one that I actually really enjoyed

Air - Really enjoyed this one as well

Plastic Memories - This anime depressed me by the end.. they built up the story to have that finish.. why must they do this.

Attack on Titan - I enjoy a bit of action to spice up the depressing and sappy anime I tend to watch from time to time.

Elfen Lied - Instant classic in my opinion. Not much to really say about it other than to go watch it if you haven't already.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - I put this one off for a long time because I'm not really a 'mech' fan. Boy do I wish I hadn't put it off as long as I did.

Ghost in the Shell - Another that has a lot of action and story. Another favorite of mine.

EDIT: Oh I forgot another that I enjoyed.

When Marnie Was There - I fell in love with this before I even was halfway through it. 

• Like 1

Recommend to All:

Rurouni Kenshin - a classic whose quality few would depute.  

Fate/Zero - Ufotable's first hurrah in the Type Moon universe.  Great characters, stellar animation, complicated plot.

HunterXHunter - Perhaps the quintessential shounen.

Durararararararararararararararararararararararararararara  - Unique in how it does character development and how it takes several seemingly separate side stories and brings them all together.

Avatar: The Last Airbender - Some may not consider this an anime, but I consider it one of the greatest works of animation I've watched.   

Unusual Rem Picks:

The Bakemonogatari series -  It has it's off-putting moments (urm toothbrush) and its share of fan service.  However I find its unique style and dialogue endearing enough to outshine those elements.

Needless - It's just so rediculous and funny at times that I can't help but mention it as "just something to watch for the lulz".  Perhaps its greatest strength is that it never takes it self seriously.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - I'm not into the slice-of-life anime's. but this one got my attention.  It had a subtle humor and charm that kept me watching.

Edited by Remsen
  • Like 1

In the past:

Naruto, except Boruto... started to watch Boruto didn't felt the vibe Naruto had.

Dragon ball

Hellsing Ova

Fairy Tail

Yu-gi-oh

Anime I started but didn't finished yet:

One Piece

Bleach

FullMetal Alchemist

Gungrave

DeathNote

Claymore

Inuyasha

Hunter x Hunter

Detective Conan

and the list goes on...

Currently watching:

My hero academia

As for the list of animes that I didn't had a chance to watch yet but are intriguing me, well the list is too long to type.

wow, this list will be a long one but I'll give it a shot, I'll leave a lot of them out I'm sure.

Naruto

Fairytail

Knights of Sidonia

Robotech

Avatar the last air bender (I consider it western anime)

Voltron (new netflix series)

Full Metal Alchamist

DevilMan

RWBY (arguments can be made that it's not actually anime but it's still a great ride, at least seasons 1-3 are)

Fate (all of them, haven't found a fate series I didn't like yet)

B: the Beginning

Godzilla (netflix series)

Blame! (netflix series)

GANTZ:0

Expelled from Paradise

Berserk

This is far from a comprehensive list, just the ones I remember off the top of my head.  

What animes are people currently watching right now? If some of us are watching the same series then we can trade some opinions.

The only anime I'm currently watching regularly right now is Overlord. But I'll have to start watching Naruto Shippuden soon because my kid sister is a huge fan of it, and I'll need to see it so I can keep up with her interests.

Not sure if you guys would consider this to be "anime" or not (it is animated and originally in japanese w/ english subs), Just caught this on Netflix recently... "One Punch Man" - Is absolutely hilarious (some may think it's gory, not me) !!! 

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

The Samurai X OVA will forever be my favorite. Oddly enough after living in Japan for a few years I got out of chain watching anime though... ended up getting more into PC building and underground metal shows haha.

I don't watch much anime, but one of my friends was binge-watching Prison School last week and I ended up watching it with her. It was definitely not what I was expecting, but it was still pretty good. The only other anime I've watched before this was Initial D.

I am a big fan of High School DxD myself (warning NSFW) but outside of that Blend S, Yuri Yuri, Dragon Ball Super, Yu Yu Hakusho. Those are my all time picks.

I am a big fan of Inuyasha & I like Dragonball z (all of them)

Atrayas said it best Berserk so good, I like other stuff as well but this one is amazing.

I have watched so many Anime and love so many that it's hard to make a list, but I'll try to think of some of my favorites..

-Robotech (got me interested in Anime)

-Ninja Scroll (got me hooked on Anime)

-Dragon Ball Z. Of course.

-Black Butler

-Death Note

-Fullmetal Alchemist (original is awesome but i prefer Brotherhood)

-Sailor Moon (just kidding... or am I?)

-One Punch Man

-The Disastrous Life of Saiki K

-Fairy Tail

-Seven Deadly Sins

-Sword Art Online (one of my favorite ever, though SAO 1 was best)

-Vampire Hunter D

-Attack on Titan

-K

-Fate (All of them are awesome)

-B the Beginning

-Durarara

There are numerous others I can't remember or think of right now.

Currently watching: Last Hope. Quite a cool anime, very different concept, taking into account not only the Universe, but the Multiverse.

Been watching That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime. It's funny enough and the story is kinda cool. 

Posted (edited)

Nice models Morgoth XD.

Samurai Champloo - probably my all time fav. great art, action scenes, humor, and characters.

Fooly Cooly - for the weirder anime watchers XD

Blood Blockade Battlefront -  Kind of a mix between Tri-Gun and Fooly Cooly

Tri-Gun - A great classic

Cowboy Bebop - same as above ^

Pani Pony Dash - never really been into the "schoolgirl" kind of anime but this one is about the funniest anime ive ever seen. 

Assassination Classroom - Also a "schoolroom" type anime but done right. 

Devil is a Part-timer - just watch it

That time i was reincarnated as a slime - i agree with collin, its pretty good

Double Decker - also a really good new series

Radiant - is pretty good after the first couple episodes 

Golden Kamuy - this one i have been watching on and off. it does have comic relief but its a pretty heavy and brutal series. it has made me at one point or another cringe XD - it doesnt have any nudity as far as ive seen but it does have language and not really gory but like "daaaammmmmnnnn" kinda moments lol and maturer themes. recommended for probably like 16+

Edited by VELASET(OD)

Lets get educated my friends who like dark, gory, funny, and relatable anime.

#1 Yu Yu Hakusho Lets start off with the king, if you haven't seen this. GO, GO NOW. This is more than likely what fathered your favorite anime.  Treat yourself to this in English Dub how it was meant to be watched.

OK moving on.

#2 Hunter X Hunter - This is your bread and butter anime, same creator/writer as the aforementioned series as-well. Masterfully done, you really have no idea what you are getting yourself into from the first season, but I promise it'll hook you in :).

#3 Berserk - Wow what a show. Dark, Gory, strong characters and arc's, takes place over a series of years. BE CAREFUL if squeamish. This show is a ride you don't want to miss.

#4 Cowboy Bebop - Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Space bounty hunters with alcoholism and all sorts of issues. And of course you have Steve Bluhm voicing the 2-kewl-4-skewl Spike protagonist in the English Dub (Better than Sub.)

#5 Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - This is the re-adaption of the first anime, except this time they followed the manga to a T. SORCERY, FIGHTING, MAGIC STONES, PLOT ARMOR, NO I MEAN LITERAL PLOT ARMOR WALKING AROUND. Our main characters here are brothers, and they refuse to kill but they will BEAT YOUR ASS. Don't worry though, alot of people die very horribly.

Lets change some Genre a bit for those just looking for something good from my professional opinion.

#6 Re:Zero Life in a New World - Well, it happens right? You're out shopping and all of the sudden you find yourself in an entirely new world, with all kinds of magical creatures and beautiful chicks and its medieval times with magic. You're gonna be the HERO right? FUCKIN WRONG LMAO GET REKT KID Natsuki Subaru gets totally screwed when he finds himself the main character of this story, and guess what, when he dies...he starts over again at the last place he was SAFE, and he dies....ALOT, time goes back with him. Definitely fun and worth a shot. Super dramatic and full of problem solving and fighting and fun. Really give this one my stamp of approval. Season 2 February of next year!

I can go on and on with these lists and descriptions, if anybody wants more just shoot me a PM haha.

• Upvote 1

I've never really been big into anime so I can't say :S