Sign in to follow this  
Ray(OD)

The Greatest Thread Ever

That’s about right 🤣🤣🤣

C90FD331-342B-41B9-9894-E4AA46B2C7F3.jpeg

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:11 PM, SuNSeT said:

its not small....its thin

if that's game of thrones im on season 2...took a bit for me to get into. Great boobs, but just couldn't buy the idea that a midget could run anything back then. Pretty sure kings would of thrown them into the fire lol

https://www.lpaonline.org/the-m-word

https://themighty.com/2016/04/why-midget-is-offensive-to-people-with-dwarfism/

The word "midget: is as offensive to little people as the "c" or "N" word is to black people (I do not use African American as what does one call black people that are not in America and just "African" implies non citizenship.)

That this was used was offensive to everyone who knows and loves a little person (my cousin Angela for one. ) It should be offensive to all well mannered and never applied to a little person

That not liking this term not being called awful and offensive can only be excused by ignorance of manners. This is the twenty first century, not liking such terms is NOT considered not having a sense of humor. I am sure it was unintentional but the term is awful and offensive and therefore this is something that is offensive and dismissing the line :there is awfulness in this thread is just WRONG. If I used the N word or some other derogatory term for a racial class or a sex would be deleted but this is just accepted and passed over because I found it offensive? . 

If a post with the N word would be deleted why was this post not at least edited ? At least one general saw it.

if this is NOT considered offensive I take it that all slur words are now acceptable, or just some are? I would normally let this go but hen someone says that there is no sense of humor, I object. I also do not find funny racial jokes, differently abled jokes or cruel "humor."

Explanations and logic on demand

GD 

Let’s get one thing straight here that pic above was about myself as I’m short it was not posted to cause harm to anyone ok and I was the general that posted it ..

And why do you feel to tag @SuNSeTwith a quote ? I believe you are just trying to cause a fuss please tell me we’re on this thread offensive things have been posted ? I can assure you if any thing was offensive in this thread a good few people would have mentioned it not once in this thread as any one used the N word ok if it was I’d deleted it .. 

Plus I’ve been waiting for yourself to make a comment on this thread as you mentioned it on ask leaders thread 

5 hours ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

https://www.lpaonline.org/the-m-word

https://themighty.com/2016/04/why-midget-is-offensive-to-people-with-dwarfism/

The word "midget: is as offensive to little people as the "c" or "N" word is to black people (I do not use African American as what does one call black people that are not in America and just "African" implies non citizenship.)

That this was used was offensive to everyone who knows and loves a little person (my cousin Angela for one. ) It should be offensive to all well mannered and never applied to a little person

That not liking this term not being called awful and offensive can only be excused by ignorance of manners. This is the twenty first century, not liking such terms is NOT considered not having a sense of humor. I am sure it was unintentional but the term is awful and offensive and therefore this is something that is offensive and dismissing the line :there is awfulness in this thread is just WRONG. If I used the N word or some other derogatory term for a racial class or a sex would be deleted but this is just accepted and passed over because I found it offensive? . 

If a post with the N word would be deleted why was this post not at least edited ? At least one general saw it.

if this is NOT considered offensive I take it that all slur words are now acceptable, or just some are? I would normally let this go but hen someone says that there is no sense of humor, I object. I also do not find funny racial jokes, differently abled jokes or cruel "humor."

Explanations and logic on demand

GD 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I understand some people have issues with life's little curve balls, but you seem to be a grown version of the kid from gym class, who would strike out at kickball.

• Like 1

Now now fellas.  Lets all just get along. Yes GD is correct that some ppl can get offended with the term midget. I believe ppl say little ppl nowadays. But this thread in the water cooler section, its suppose to make ppl laugh n blow off steam n even be encouraged on, right?  If it offended someone i  believe they should just mention it and im pretty sure whoever posted would edit it or delete it. But yea. To me, i looked at it like going to a comdey stand up show. Go there to get some laughs n maybe even get roasted and hear offensive thinga but its never meant to intentionally to hurt me or anyone.

So hopefully now that its been mentioned that it was offensive to someone, lets fix it and make sure it doesnt happen again. 🙂

• Like 1

Jr who did  get offended  ? Not I and I posted that pic in reference to myself being short and fun so if I want to get offended by stuff then I would not have posted in first place would I 

like you say this is the water cooler 🙂 

9 hours ago, SuNSeT said:

I understand some people have issues with life's little curve balls, but you seem to be a grown version of the kid from gym class, who would strike out at kickball.

I understand that a bigot with power can insult with impunity. Sassy asked for something awful and asked was there anything awful . There is. Defending your comment is the defense of ignorance by a bigot.  

Is it acceptable to user the "N " word if all are Caucasian in the conversation ?

If this was a joke it seems that some people have gotten overly upset when something was claimed to be a joke and then held it against the person until the end of time. Don't use hateful phrases, don't defend hateful phrases. I would not have objected until it was said that "was there anything awful here ?" Just because no one speaks up does not mean something is not wrong. Silence does not equal agreement.

Ray left (partially, I am sure there were other reasons) because no one fully understood his humor.

Personal insults attempt to deflect the offense (ad hominum <is this spelled right, no matter> ). I am perfectly happy with who I am and feel no need to insult someone who insults me, all it does is lower my respect for them. My last comment with this (feel free to delete everything) as the argument of trading insults make an outside observer not able to recognize who is in the wrong.

Think of another clever insult, but I cannot be touched by the likes of you. Bigot. Not an insult, just an identification, defending the objectionable phrase here or anywhere is bigoted. Is bigotry OK as long as it's all done in fun? How awful.

Yours in tolerance

GD 

@SuNSeTyour a bigot now ?

27 minutes ago, TypeReaL(OD) said:

@SuNSeTyour a bigot now ?

Apparently 🤠

1 hour ago, SuNSeT said:

Apparently 🤠

I mean they prefer to be called Dwarves or Gnomes depending on who you ask god get with the times you intolerant fuck!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GhostDog(OD) said:

Sassy asked for something awful and asked was there anything awful .

Are you just trying to bait people ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sassy said:

@TypeReaL(OD)

scottie I found this for you lol 

103DC22A-6739-4649-8473-D968FE56601A.jpeg

thats my daily struggle ! 😄

Posted (edited)

Just for clarification, there are 2 words that have been banned from use in the OD community: the "N" word, and "F" word that means bundle of sticks.

After reviewing this topic, I have come to the conclusion that the word "midget" in @SuNSeT's post was not referring to any OD member, but an actor. This was not, in my opinion, intended as a derogatory term in the sentence, but an impression that in the medieval  times differently abled people were treated like trash, as opposed to today's world. This is NOT bad Mannerism. What IS BM, however, is name calling, which both @SuNSeT , @GhostDog(OD), and @TypeReaL(OD) are guilty of here. Consider all of you warned. If you guys want to gave a debate, then that's fine, but focus on the topic instead of attacking each other.  If the bm starts happening again, bans shall start being issued. 

Edited by CompFreak(OD)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

How come the other Roman emperors didn't get a salad named after them?

• Laugh 1

how about Caesar salad .

• Laugh 1

Damn bloody right 

088C8437-6EE4-439D-B1AF-C6363D38D248.jpeg

• Like 4

Real talk right there ..,

76B0F69D-C681-41BB-9012-196CB882FDF6.jpeg

• Like 2

Harvery Dent would be Harvey Al Dente if he was Italian.

This really did make me laugh 😂 🤣🤣🤣

92A28346-8224-4197-BF64-6A930CC4ECB4.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣

5733061D-FEDE-4389-A871-1AE560DB60AA.jpeg

Yep 

E8D03190-E43E-41B1-BC3A-64CF7CE61E95.jpeg

• Like 1

4A327905-4EA2-489C-90C6-A87E1CE996C8.jpeg

• Like 1

Ain’t that the truth 

C0E8BED5-F2EE-4290-A6E5-EB9CE2463F50.jpeg

• Like 2