Sign in to follow this  
Wichita(OD)

OD goes LLD!

That's right motherfuckers!

OD is going LLD! 

We have received enough support from the community at first glance that we will be hosting our first LLD event!

Stay tuned and read up on cool low level builds! 

also, feedback would be highly appreciated as this is an experimental post concerning something in the works that may or may not become a booming reality, but has been supported fully

by many seemingly excited informed members as of late!

for all questions and concerns into this matter, please contact TannerBallZ(OD)

iso answers!

1. Are you interested in vlld (lvl 9 cap) lld (lvl 18 and 30 cap) or mld (lvl 50 cap)? or all of the above!?

2. would you be interested in monthly awards issued via fg or hrs (depending jsp status) which involved both a public vote and unbiased officer opinion panel?

3. do you have lld experience? would you be willing to lead or possibly co-lead this squad with a specific member (TannerBallZ) standing over your shoulder criticizing your performance as a leader?

4. are you ready for this list to end?

5. me too.

1. Level 18 and 30

2. I will kill you all for free

3. About 12 years of LLD experience

4. you had me at lld

• Upvote 1

I think anything that keeps interest flowing is a good thing!  Especially toward the end of season when people are wanting to try something new.  

1. Mostly 30, but I know a few 9, 12, and 18 builds as well. Not interested in MLD, however.
2. Due to my erratic activity, I can only engage in PvP whenever it's convenient. So I would do it purely for fun.
3 A) I have extensive experience in LLD, but I'm also not an expert on every build either. I stick to what I like, WW barbs, Hammerdins, Bone Necs.
3 B) Not interested in leadership. My activity doesn't make me cut-out for it.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:46 AM, TannerBallZ(OD) said:

That's right motherfuckers!

OD is going LLD! 

We have received enough support from the community at first glance that we will be hosting our first LLD event!

Stay tuned and read up on cool low level builds! 

also, feedback would be highly appreciated as this is an experimental post concerning something in the works that may or may not become a booming reality, but has been supported fully

by many seemingly excited informed members as of late!

for all questions and concerns into this matter, please contact TannerBallZ(OD)

iso answers!

1. Are you interested in vlld (lvl 9 cap) lld (lvl 18 and 30 cap) or mld (lvl 50 cap)? or all of the above!?

2. would you be interested in monthly awards issued via fg or hrs (depending jsp status) which involved both a public vote and unbiased officer opinion panel?

3. do you have lld experience? would you be willing to lead or possibly co-lead this squad with a specific member (TannerBallZ) standing over your shoulder criticizing your performance as a leader?

4. are you ready for this list to end?

5. me too.

That attention grabber though.

1. For new char tourneys I'd say either 9 or 18 as anything after that becomes kind of tedious just to duel. If it is for existing chars, I'd say that all 3 could be fun. If built right, 9's can compete with 18's, and 18's can compete with 30 (granted the higher level would have the advantage in either). ---- mld cap is 49 btw 😮 but that is where it gets to the point where you can get the gear to kill HLD chars and there isn't much of a point in my opinion. It is still fun, just not as appealing to lots of people.

2. FG of course. don8 xtra tanner, thx

3. Yes, lots from back in the day. Might be a bit rusty, but I'm sure it would come back to me.

4. More than you know.

5. Great!

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2018 at 4:21 PM, MooMoo(OD) said:

1. For new char tourneys I'd say either 9 or 18 as anything after that becomes kind of tedious just to duel. If it is for existing chars, I'd say that all 3 could be fun. If built right, 9's can compete with 18's, and 18's can compete with 30 (granted the higher level would have the advantage in either). ---- mld cap is 49 btw 😮 but that is where it gets to the point where you can get the gear to kill HLD chars and there isn't much of a point in my opinion. It is still fun, just not as appealing to lots of people.

3. Yes, lots from back in the day. Might be a bit rusty, but I'm sure it would come back to me.

4. More than you know.

5. Great!

i strongly disagree with the 9s can compete with 18s and 18s with 30's. unless the chars are built extremely unwell. the addition of ranged characters  @ 18 and the heavy dominance of melee @ 9 makes these duels virtually impossible. in the melee category.....deadly strike 18 zealots will 1-2 shot any lvl 9 build. the only character that could compete against a level 30 is a 18 fully equipped Charge/Zealot who gets lucky landing a few critical ds shots against a poorly equipped 30.

if you lose to someone below your bracket. you built the character incorrectly. 

with that being said.... I am glad to help any new folks to the LLD community with advice, character builds, and for a very limited time...gear.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, MooMoo(OD) said:

4. More than you know.

5. Great!

I am with Slum here.

f you lose to someone below your bracket. you built the character incorrectly. 

Yes.
The average high-end 9er does 150-300 damage and they're ALL melee. Mostly Sacrifice, Jab, and Bash builds.
The average high-end 9er also has about 400-600 HP

The average high-end 18 does 400-800 damage, and has 600-900 HP... again, pretty much all melee.
Key items that have a 12-16 level requirement like Twitchthroe and Angelics make this gap is even wider.

There's absolutely no way for a high-end 9er to duel a high-end 18 and expect to win.

The same applies to 18 vs 30, except it's even worse with the plethora of casters opening up.
There's absolutely no way a properly geared level 30 hammerdin should ever EVER lose to an 18 or even a 21 for that matter.
In fact, given even just a little bit of desynch practice, a 30 hdin shouldn't even get hit once, let alone beaten, because 18-21's don't have much mobility and they're all melee.
This applies to virtually any 30 caster, but especially to hammerdins.
But then you look at 30 melee and there's no way. More hitchecks, more HP, weapons literally twice as damaging enhanced by skills literally twice as damaging. The overall damage output is quadruple and the amount of HP is double.

No way.

30's can beat 80's & 90's (After all, I have a youtube video up of me doing just that), but certain factors make that kind of thing exclusive to 30+. 9 vs 12 vs 18 vs 30 is pretty rigid. You might make a case for 18 vs 21, but that's it.

You might say "Well a charger could do it". I'm not saying it's impossible for an 18 charger to kill a 30 hammerdin, but I AM saying it's very unlikely and involves a LOT of luck. There are 4 of layers of luck involved in that scenario.

1. The charger needs to not get killed by the hammerdins field of hammers before he even lands a hit or is done with his 2+ needed hitchecks.
2. Charges very first hitcheck has to land (As in Attack Rating vs Defense), or the charger is dead already.
3. Even if the hitcheck lands, there's the hammerdins 75% block that will likely stop it.
4. There's no 18 that can 1-hit a hammerdin with 1200+ HP. So the second hitcheck has to land and not get blocked as well.

If the charger catches the hammerdin running, then the hammerdin isn't trying to win. All he has to do is sit & spam. Anything else is a hand-out or handicap.

So while it's possible, it's ridiculous odds and crazy to say that the 18 is comparably as good as the 30.

Edited by Dreg(OD)