Sign in to follow this  
Dreg(OD)

Dregs PvP Hammerdin

This is my standard din. As in, I don't like dueling on a hammerdin if it isn't geared this way or better. So it's going to be fairly expensive, but not TOO expensive. The circlet and ammy are typically half the characters value.

Circ & Ammy
-Rare Circlet 2 Paladin skills | 20 FCR | 12+ All resistances | 15+ str or dex | 50+ mana | Ber socketed
-Rare Amulet 2 Paladin skills | 20 FCR | 12+ All resistances | 15+ str or dex | 50+ mana

Staple Gear
-Enigma Dusk Shroud with at least 1200 def
-Hoto 40 Resistances
-Spirit Sacred Targe 45-Base-resistances | 35% FCR
-Trang Gloves
-Verdungos Belt 40 Vitality | 15% Damage Reduce
-Waterwalk Boots 65 Life
-SoJ & SoJ

2nd Set
-
Call to Arms 6 bo
-Spirit Shield Random

Charms
-x37
Small Charms 20 life
Paladin Torch 16+/16+
Anni 16+/16+

This setup makes for the following stats

-125% FCR
-31% + Physical Damage Reduce (Sometimes the Circlet has damage reduce and or 2 sockets for 2 Bers as well)
-4.7k+ Life
-10k+ Defense
-1,000+ Mana
-More than maxed out resistances in Hell difficulty

Keep in mind, I am also a desynch guy, so my build likely reflects that. Most people like to run 9 lifer pcomb GC's, but I find the extra 6k damage to be nearly redundant. The way i see it is, if you're not good enough to get 1 more hammer to hit them, then you're probably not good enough to reliably hit the opponent at all. Either you can hit your opponent consistently or you can't. There's really no in-between and so there's little need to do more damage. I know this partly because I have often dueled high-level duelers on a level 30 hammerdin that does 1.5k. The fact that I won occasionally meant, to me, that my hammer damage wasn't that relevant, but rather that my skill was more relevant. So I run a 4.7k life build with 12k damage, instead of a 4k life build with 18k damage. Even a full set of 45 life pcombs will barely get you 4.3k life with this setup. But if you're reading to get an idea of how to build a good hammerdin, then you're not likely to have that to work with.

Edited by Dreg(OD)
  • Upvote 1

Nice!  @SuNSeT has many pvp events going on, let's see what he has to say about this build.

2 minutes ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Nice!  @SuNSeT has many pvp events going on, let's see what he has to say about this build.

My ladder hammerdin isn't quite up to this standard yet. I'm using
-Shako
-20res Maras
-Hoto is 39Res
-Magefists
-Arach (Until I get 2/20 circ & ammy)
-Torch & Anni are slightly under standard
-Waterwalks are 55 life

So there's definitely some improvement to be made before I'm happy with it, but I think it's good enough work with for now.