Sign in to follow this  
TouchMe(OD)

Light Sorc... Vit Vs Energy

Why do people suggest dumping every point of your stats into vitality on a light sorc instead of going half and half with vitality/ Energy. Whats the point of having Energy Shield with 80% mana dmg absorb if you only have 600 MP. its going to drain out in a heart beat. I've been running like (After battle orders) 1-1.2K HP/ 2-2.3K mana and i don't seem to have any issue.

The thing is that ES IMO is better suited for PvP. Even then, it's not all that good since poison and curses can completely bypass it. If you think about it, using ES can be your Sorc's downfall since you need mana to attack. If you get hit, you lose mana. If you get hit hard enough, bye bye ES and in worst case scenarios-bye bye ES and your health bar at the same time. Mana burn is pretty bad for a Sorc but it's twice as worse with ES. That's my take on why it's better to go Vit than ES.

ES is only truly worth it if you can spend the points into maxing telekinesis as it is very important because when its level 1 every 5 mana is equal to 1  damage taken. where when you max telekinesis every 1 mana is equal to 5 damage, which makes you much more tankier with that build

However take note for PvM situations its important to max damage to kill things efficiently, which is why i ONLY recommend ES builds in PvP as you can do so much more damage using a Vita build as you lose 38 points that you could be putting into your lighting damage skills.

In my opinion if you are going to use ES at all you should dump all point to energy and max telekinesis. With out max telekinesis ES is not really worth it. (for pvp)

In PVM I wouldnt touch ES at all. Just go vita and maximum damage.

Reason being, even if i do get hit soloing hell in PVM, my mana regenerates itself most of the time with out me having the need for a potion. yeah, Mobs with mana burn can be a little annoying but i play myself to distance from them.

i'll look into pure vitality.