Sign in to follow this  
Hikato

Server Changes

I made some changes to the server on my end to hopefully help with the rendering speeds when going far out on the map.  I added a RAM cache to the drive that the server is on, so that should theoretically help a decent bit.

Just let me know how things are running now, and if it's better I'll leave it, otherwise I can revert the changes (without taking down the server).

I know we discussed earlier, but it's currently on my PC.  I had it running on one of my servers but it wasn't keeping up, but we're back to that every now and then.

I'm not convinced it isn't the Unity engine slowing down the rendering when we go far out.  An actual server shouldn't be much more of an upgrade (without being super expensive and totally not worth it), but I could be wrong.

Thank you for all your hard work!  Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, Hikato said:

I know we discussed earlier, but it's currently on my PC.  I had it running on one of my servers but it wasn't keeping up, but we're back to that every now and then.

I'm not convinced it isn't the Unity engine slowing down the rendering when we go far out.  An actual server shouldn't be much more of an upgrade (without being super expensive and totally not worth it), but I could be wrong.

Hey man, it works.  I don't think we need to change something that's not broken.  Especially if it's going to cost money. 

If we get more interest and the server starts crashing; or complaints start coming in like things that happened last night where you just died and don't know why, then we can start looking for a new server.  

4 hours ago, SupremeJester said:

Hey man, it works.  I don't think we need to change something that's not broken.  Especially if it's going to cost money. 

If we get more interest and the server starts crashing; or complaints start coming in like things that happened last night where you just died and don't know why, then we can start looking for a new server.  

I think it was a mine that blew up.  So I'm pretty sure I didn't just die.

3 minutes ago, Hikato said:

I think it was a mine that blew up.  So I'm pretty sure I didn't just die.

I was there man.  I heard the screams.  I'm certain of it. 

Also best place to find repair kits? 

1 hour ago, SupremeJester said:

I was there man.  I heard the screams.  I'm certain of it. 

Also best place to find repair kits? 

craft them, easy to make.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Atrayas(OD) said:

craft them, easy to make.

Saved my life you did!!! @Dabomb(OD) yeah buddy!!

• Like 1