Should we use other passwords for OD runs on D2

I have had many people say they hate when people have passwords other then OD when running , a lot of these people are community members that we are trying to recruit, and so i figured I would get everyone's opinion. Me personally i understand wanting to put a pw on the run to make sure spots are not snagged by someone randomly browsing the game list, which is why od works because nobody can see the game unless they are on friend list or in channel. But in my opinion , why should any other passwords really be used. for one you are making it so that nobody can get into runs if you do not want them which does not benefit the whole community, and then on top of that if there are fg prizes for running, you are logging runs to win but only a small portion ever benefit from it. I have not had any specific problem because if i want in a run i can get in cuz yall love me <3. but i have had to many complaints that I figured I should say something.

so whats your opinion, should we be able to use whatever password we want and if so , should we be eligible for the fg prize at the end of each month if we do use a different password.

@Sassy @Pops(OD) @Aleos(OD) @Tay(OD)

I have also seen many complaints in the channel regarding the issue of not knowing the password to runs.   However, I noticed in the Run Squad rules that OD is only supposed to be used as a password.  We appreciate our runners so much because it's a lot of work.  So finding the balance to keeping people coming to the channel and keeping our runners happy is important. 

In @Aleos(OD) post about run squad it is posted that the password is supposed to be OD to any private runs that are being counted on the run bots.

There will always be people not making it in the runs. At most we have 2-3 different runners going (usually less then that). And 50+ people trying to get into the games.  This ladder season the channel has been getting more non members hanging out in it that I have ever seen. As we get more and more runners this problem will go away.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

@Sassy @Pops(OD) @Aleos(OD) @Tay(OD)

I have also seen many complaints in the channel regarding the issue of not knowing the password to runs.   However, I noticed in the Run Squad rules that OD is only supposed to be used as a password.  We appreciate our runners so much because it's a lot of work.  So finding the balance to keeping people coming to the channel and keeping our runners happy is important. 

Hi cindy sorry  for late reply ive just got home from work ...

right the other day me and alex (ALEOS) had chat about this yes runs  meant to be OD we do tell all new runners that is the password and it will always be OD.. but we have had few problems with non od going in runs and causing mayhem so i agreed with alex if the runner came to me and ask could they please change the password to say hh then i would said yes if  only was problem with the runs and we knew about it but if there is not a problem then the password  MUST be OD .. and like DBZ said there are so many all trying get in runs not many runners because they not geared up to run but in time it will calm down and we will not have to run with passwords on games ... @boydbrooks(OD) they can always pm the runner and ask the password but if its the main runners they will have OD as the password unless like i said they had trouble with non od they come to me or alex and ask to have there own one and so far think only 2 runners had different password that i knew .....

1 hour ago, Sassy said:

Hi cindy sorry  for late reply ive just got home from work ...

right the other day me and alex (ALEOS) had chat about this yes runs  meant to be OD we do tell all new runners that is the password and it will always be OD.. but we have had few problems with non od going in runs and causing mayhem so i agreed with alex if the runner came to me and ask could they please change the password to say hh then i would said yes if  only was problem with the runs and we knew about it but if there is not a problem then the password  MUST be OD .. and like DBZ said there are so many all trying get in runs not many runners because they not geared up to run but in time it will calm down and we will not have to run with passwords on games ... @boydbrooks(OD) they can always pm the runner and ask the password but if its the main runners they will have OD as the password unless like i said they had trouble with non od they come to me or alex and ask to have there own one and so far think only 2 runners had different password that i knew .....

okay :P i do not know how many different runners it is that did not use OD was just a lot of people asking and complaining and so i figured i would make a topic on it. 

@Sassy  Yes I agree sometimes passwords are necessary.  I ran a few chaos runs this morning and had a fellow following my games.  He refused to party, went ahead of all of us, killed everything so the people trying to level didn't get the experience they needed to level.  He actually came to the channel to follow the runs.  @PoPs(OD) kicked him from the channel.  I personally don't have a problem with runners using passwords, just have heard the complaints from both non-members and members of not being able to figure out the password because it wasn't OD.