Sign in to follow this  
Dave(OD)

Dust be gone

Dust be gone, this is a powerful tool that all computers owners have access to.

dust is the enemy of all computers, so you remove all of the wires and remove all of the covers . and take it out side and you apply the dust be gone for about 30 sec. then bring the computer back inside and reconnect all of the wires and you can go for another six months till the dust finds its way back.

By now you want a Dust be gone. and you can have one or you may already have one .

its

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

a

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

Leaf Blower.

Shop Vac in reverse works well too :thumbsup: I like to open everything up and vac it out at least once per year, more often depending on if you have pets / carpeting / location of the tower / etc.

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

hardwood floors and cats haha I usually do a 3 month format/ clean out the dust is real

Is this a thing?  How bad is dust? 

10 minutes ago, SupremeJester said:

Is this a thing?  How bad is dust? 

Dust for computers is most certainly a thing.. Dust causes reduced airflow through heatsinks, causing increased temperatures and reduced performance (due to thermal throttling). If left unchecked for an extended time, can even cause shorts on circuit boards and cause any number of issues including but not limited to: components dying prematurely, causing arcs (which then set the dust on fire and have even been linked to entire homes burning down in the past), etc.

Dust management is a thing, otherwise why would case manufacturers design "dust filters" into their products? 

Edited by CompFreak(OD)

Just was unaware of the dangers. I just don't like my stuff being dirty, so I clean it. 

Is is it bad to move your computer case around a lot? 

8 hours ago, CompFreak(OD) said:

Dust for computers is most certainly a thing.. Dust causes reduced airflow through heatsinks, causing increased temperatures and reduced performance (due to thermal throttling). If left unchecked for an extended time, can even cause shorts on circuit boards and cause any number of issues including but not limited to: components dying prematurely, causing arcs (which then set the dust on fire and have even been linked to entire homes burning down in the past), etc.

Dust management is a thing, otherwise why would case manufacturers design "dust filters" into their products? 

good to know.. guess i should clean mine..