Sign in to follow this  
Archie(OD)

Skyforge

Salutations Overdosed Community.

I'm Archie as some of you may know me from Aion, LoL, and Path of Exiles. I recently started playing Skyforge and I must say the game is

amazing so far. I was hoping to make a squad for it, and maybe if we're lucky turn it into a division in the future. I was wondering if anyone would be

interested in coming on Skyforge and helping me out with the Pantheon (Guild) which I should be creating soon. I'm still fairly new to the Overdosed

Squad/Division system but I think it'd be fun trying to start up a division xD. Tell me what you think <3

Skyforge is free to play right? Is it still beta, when I googled it, it says it is beta

Edited by Saffron

Yeah it's free to play. It's open beta, so no more character wipes.

I will give it a try, but not today. Today I have my schedual full

Maybe. Kinda doing a loooot of games right now. But at the very least, maybe I can help you get the ball rolling. More Squads and future Divisions are always a good thing.

Try posting a few pictures, or a fancy youtube video, those are always good at enticing people into trying something.

Edited by Terra

^ A youtube video in case you guys want to check out why the game is worth playing.

Hmm, I live in Europe and rest of you are here in America so it might be problem (I watched video above), but I am still going to download game and try to see if we can play toghter so I can help you build up a Division of this because I can see Aion sized Divison from this game. I will have game downloaded in few days

Edited by Saffron

We can, because you have the option of choosing to log onto the North American Server or the European Server. However, I don't know if that will cause lag issues for you.

PvD5KD0.jpg

I've successfully installed and run Skyforge, my name in game is : SaffronOD Goddess I have no lags in (playing on American server) there are crashes now and then but it is nothing to serious, game is beta so there are bugs but other then that it looks ok. I must say the graphics are ok and there are some nice animations for character. The down side is I really haven't noticed any story, you have a bit of tutorial and that is it, you just go and do what ever it is that you want to do. If I find anything else I will post it but so far no story <_< , and I like stories.

Here are some screenshots of game (playing as support class):

YwGnnSZ.jpg

hJGg7FX.jpg

Edited by Saffron

My one complaint about the game (although more hairstyle options would be a plus too) is the lack of a walk feature. This actually matters to me a lot in mmorpgs. In an effort to try and correct Skyforge from this simple yet otherwise fatal flaw, I have sent in a support ticket to help inform their developers of the necessity of this feature.

I just wanted to express my desire for a walk/run toggle in the game.

It's a simple thing, but details are important to a successful game I feel. Speaking personally, I've been known to spend several hundreds of dollars on online mmorpgs over the course of a year. But when I play a game, the character is a representation of me to other people online. For this connection between myself and the character to occur I need a sense of control over my character. Somehow running around like a schoolgirl all the time diminishes that connection, the character no longer represents me, and I lose interest in the game considerably faster. Which would be disappointing because every other aspect of your game is phenomenal.
And I know I'm not alone in how I feel about this. Although many players couldn't care less about a walk function there is a significant portion of the populace that does based on the kinds of topics I've seen on the forums of games that didn't support it right away. (For example, the request for a walk toggle reached nearly a hundred pages on the forum of Dragon Age Inquisition before they finally added the feature in).

So it would be a careless mistake on the part of any gaming development company to overlook this basic yet crucial aspect of modern online gaming. And if there happens to be some big wig hotshot who says "It's not important enough to spend time on doing" simply have him donate the fourth of every four paychecks he gets to the company and it's workers, because that's probably about how much money he's going to cost the company by making that uninformed decision.

Details matter. Don't write them off. Please and thank you.

By the way, that amount of money I spend was in the past, I don't really do that anymore. But money is what makes businesses talk so it was the best way to emphasize the point.

Also the option to change your shoes would be also great but I think I am asking to much from Dev's :o (already have send them ticket few days ago)

My one complaint about the game (although more hairstyle options would be a plus too) is the lack of a walk feature. This actually matters to me a lot in mmorpgs. In an effort to try and correct Skyforge from this simple yet otherwise fatal flaw, I have sent in a support ticket to help inform their developers of the necessity of this feature.

I just wanted to express my desire for a walk/run toggle in the game.

It's a simple thing, but details are important to a successful game I feel. Speaking personally, I've been known to spend several hundreds of dollars on online mmorpgs over the course of a year. But when I play a game, the character is a representation of me to other people online. For this connection between myself and the character to occur I need a sense of control over my character. Somehow running around like a schoolgirl all the time diminishes that connection, the character no longer represents me, and I lose interest in the game considerably faster. Which would be disappointing because every other aspect of your game is phenomenal.

And I know I'm not alone in how I feel about this. Although many players couldn't care less about a walk function there is a significant portion of the populace that does based on the kinds of topics I've seen on the forums of games that didn't support it right away. (For example, the request for a walk toggle reached nearly a hundred pages on the forum of Dragon Age Inquisition before they finally added the feature in).

So it would be a careless mistake on the part of any gaming development company to overlook this basic yet crucial aspect of modern online gaming. And if there happens to be some big wig hotshot who says "It's not important enough to spend time on doing" simply have him donate the fourth of every four paychecks he gets to the company and it's workers, because that's probably about how much money he's going to cost the company by making that uninformed decision.

Details matter. Don't write them off. Please and thank you.

By the way, that amount of money I spend was in the past, I don't really do that anymore. But money is what makes businesses talk so it was the best way to emphasize the point.

Terra I think you can change the way your run if you go to customization options again (speak to the lady in right after doing tutorial) but this option isn't really the thing that changes a lot in my opinion... Anyway check it out. That being said you can't toggle running/walking animations so you will have to pay money to change it every time you want it to change AFTER mission. Which is just annoying in my opinion.

Edited by Saffron

Yeah it changes how it looks when you run. I don't want to run at all.

Yeah it changes how it looks when you run. I don't want to run at all.

Yea that is what I meant when I said: "but this option isn't really the thing that changes a lot in my opinion". Becauase you run all the time, and to be honest I can't roleplay when I ran all time it is silly. I hope they can fix that issue

After spending some time with this game I think it is not worth my time, since I play a lot of games I need to sacrifice something and I chose to sacrifice this. Maybe if game gets any better then I will consider to play it again but for now...