Any interest out there on starting an Overdosed Youtube?

• Love 1

I think if it is managed properly then for sure. Its a great idea, just gotta put some foundation into it.

What games are we broadcasting?

Who's speaking on behalf of the clan?

And of course approval of current leadership.

Could even broaden it with weekly newsletters @Purplez(OD) , and include streamers @Tris(OD) , @MooMoo(OD) 

It's a really good idea. Be interesting to see if it takes off

• Like 1

Any type of social media work is always a good idea. For a clan as successful as OD, it's surprising how weak it's social media presence is. I think for it to be successful you really have to be motivated to create content and preferably have a team that uses it every day and is adding content regularly. Lindsey and I stream 4 days a week but our social media outside of streaming is also week. 

• Like 1

I believe MelodicRose is in charge of the Clan's media sites and would probably love some fresh ideas or help.  @MelodicRose(OD)  I always make a point of including whose streaming and their info on the main post in the streaming part of this forum.

• Like 1

I too have been interested in making videos/podcasts under the umbrella of Clan OD. Lemme know if there's something I can do to help

• Like 1

It sounds interesting coming from a YouTuber and Editor myself. It would be cool to see a YouTube channel for us.

I would love to be apart of it, any way I can.
I've got all the Adobe tools, a reliable upload speed, bunches of HDD space+ Cloud space for storing clips and vods

12 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

I believe MelodicRose is in charge of the Clan's media sites and would probably love some fresh ideas or help.  @MelodicRose(OD)  I always make a point of including whose streaming and their info on the main post in the streaming part of this forum.

I do not have access to the already created OD youtube. Since the decline in interest in sending me events from the variety of OD, I have decreased activity on social media since it seemed unwanted. If the populace of OD would like to have their events shared on Twitter/Facebook (more than 1 division, OD has variety....), then I will happily take it up again.

But yes, I am not the one to be asking abiut the OD youtube. I know we already have one. @Aerineth(OD) maybe you know?

Posted (edited)

Looks like 3 of them were attempted in Youtube.

TheClanOD is one channel on there that I've found, take out the bandicam and fraps stuff, just start using OBS, make sure the Quality of the video is decent.. Personally wouldn't use the cheesy cut ins of other videos so often. 

ClanOverdose is a channel as well, and an Overdose OSRS Channel.

I could create computer tutorials on how to setup streaming, and get the best settings out of OBS, PC Maintenance / Diagnosing videos as well as a few other gaming videos.

We could always play with the idea of starting fresh on Youtube, but that'd be a discussion for the people in charge.

I'm not a big Youtuber or nothing, so I'd still be learning about it all as we go.

Edited by Neverwill

I don't think it's a bad idea especially for some of the more popular games going on right now or newer ones upon release. I do know that we have an OD twitter that hasn't been used in a while, some of the latest posts are from ages ago, but I think Melodicrose explained that pretty well. I'd be willing to help on the social media end of things, updating twitter etc. Hit me up if there is anything I can do to help.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, v3n0m(OD) said:

I don't think it's a bad idea especially for some of the more popular games going on right now or newer ones upon release. I do know that we have an OD twitter that hasn't been used in a while, some of the latest posts are from ages ago, but I think Melodicrose explained that pretty well. I'd be willing to help on the social media end of things, updating twitter etc. Hit me up if there is anything I can do to help.

I'd take venom up on the offer, it's not a 1 person job.

I think the YouTube thing should be done weekly...I'd love to cast it but I'm always out of town....sometimes with pretty limited internet. Either way a weekly update or somethin would be cool. You would get 200 people viewing per week easy...which would only expediate the growth to the non OD gaming world.

Well we have enough streamers, members who make videos, and members who take alot of screenshots.  Perhaps if @MelodicRose(OD) or @v3n0m(OD) sent a clan wide pm to drum up interest or asked on TS or in channel for D2 member contributions, they would get some submission.  You could start beating the bushes and make a "utube" squad haha  I agree with Sunset, that anything that gets the Clan OD name out in the gaming world only benefits the clan.  I know that Tris and Lindsey advertise Clan OD in their streaming with logos and such.

Posted (edited)

I am for sure down to help with weekly updates on any kind of social media we decide to do, even more frequently if necessary. I can definitely send out a PM to see what draws interest from members. Don't hesitate to hit me up on the forums, steam, teamspeak, etc for help with any of this.

Another good way outside of just having a clan twitter and what not is having people "testing" all the new hot games that come out and people outside of the clan are interested in watching or checking out.

Edited by v3n0m(OD)

Approval of leadership of course too as Sunset said before we go anywhere with this, would have just edited my post but I had already done that once haha.

For now anyone that is interested or has ideas that would benefit us in this department can post them here.

8 hours ago, Purplez(OD) said:

Perhaps if @MelodicRose(OD) or @v3n0m(OD) sent a clan wide pm to drum up interest or asked on TS or in channel for D2 member contributions, they would get some submission.

I'd like to see if we have interest from leadership and from all divisions.

Posted (edited)

Agreed but in doing this hopefully we can get the other divisions some more popularity, it's overwhelmingly D2 favored lol.  

On 3/11/2019 at 12:39 PM, MelodicRose(OD) said:

more than 1 division, OD has variety....

Melodic said it perfectly, I don't think it even needs to be one of the already existing divisions for something like twitch or youtube. If we have variety streamers that could be involved in all sorts of games, IRL streams, podcasts, etc that would be huge.

Edited by v3n0m(OD)
  • Like 1

Though, im not in the Apex Squad hopefully we can grow it enough to make it a division because I still care about it a lot.