Sign in to follow this  
Sassy

Michael Jackson

Over the pass 2 evenings in the uk we have had this documentary about Michael Jackson called leaving neverland .. 

i watched it and found it rather shocking 

now my question is has anyone watched it and  if so what do you think about it do you think he was a pedo or not 

all over the world every radio station has stopped playing his records 

I’d love to know others apinions on this heard many mixed feelings on it 

• Like 1

Though I have yet to watch Leaving Neverland, I can't say if it happened or not; the rumors have been around for quite some time.

The influence that comes with stardom is highly underestimated. You can get away with anything most of the time if not all of the time. 

People need to be skeptical about celebrities just as much as the average guy. Being famous doesn't automatically make you a good person.

These documentaries/stories do revolve around old stories, but the age of a story doesn't necessarily affect the validity of said story. Sexual assault is difficult to discuss, especially when you were the victim of it. 

• Like 1

Very true ray but do me a favour try and watch the documentary then tell me your thoughts I’ve seen it and I think it’s absolutely shocking  I’ve just seen an article from his sister Latoya saying he was a pedo ... 

some are saying let him Rest In Peace now  nothing can be done and why are they bribing it up after 10 years ..

but others are saying let the truth be known what he was really like the documentary really opens your eyes to a lot of things 

• Like 1

pedo or no pedo his music has nothing to do with it.. y hurt millions of music fans b/c the artist is an idiot? if they pulled the music from every artist that did something bad; how much music would really b out there?

• Like 1

I agree with you Nick it’s not about the music it’s about the person .. the thing I can’t get my head around is why now they doing this documentary 10 years after his death..  when he was at court for these allegations got found not guilty my question is after watching this documentary how was he found not guilty it’s shocking what these guys are saying he should been found guilty without a doubt 

• Like 1

julie i havent seen the doc. but from what ive gathered (some of my family is in love with mj) he should have been guilty

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sassy said:

I agree with you Nick it’s not about the music it’s about the person .. the thing I can’t get my head around is why now they doing this documentary 10 years after his death..  when he was at court for these allegations got found not guilty my question is after watching this documentary how was he found not guilty it’s shocking what these guys are saying he should been found guilty without a doubt 

They are doing it now because the victims are ready to come forward and accept the non stop ridicule from those who refuse to accept their story as reality. Their lives are now effectively no longer private and will never be again. I can't accept that it is for money because that lawsuit isn't even filed. They are taking their stand and telling their story. If we listen to the story and put that story with the other pieces we have seen as we grow up and the previous trial we can see overarching story begin to come forward and it looks rather fucked up.

The same thing can be said for rape victims who do not come forward directly after the assault. So many thoughts are going through their minds while they try and normalize the act because we,as humans, want the world around us to make logical sense.

This is in the same world as that thought process, and the alleged rapist has tons of people who will not stop at anything to ruin the current lives of the victims.

Money, fame and lack of responsibility make people do a lot of things they would never do if they had to answer for it directly.

Sadly the world has become a place where hurting others is a money mistake rather than a mistake that leads learning.

• Like 1

Nick @Froggie420(OD)plz try download it and watch it i was absolutely shocked what I heard these grown men say 

it’s like they was brainwashed when young to stfu and the things he did was nasty 

1 hour ago, KiloPico(OD) said:

They are doing it now because the victims are ready to come forward and accept the non stop ridicule from those who refuse to accept their story as reality. Their lives are now effectively no longer private and will never be again. I can't accept that it is for money because that lawsuit isn't even filed. They are taking their stand and telling their story. If we listen to the story and put that story with the other pieces we have seen as we grow up and the previous trial we can see overarching story begin to come forward and it looks rather fucked up.

The same thing can be said for rape victims who do not come forward directly after the assault. So many thoughts are going through their minds while they try and normalize the act because we,as humans, want the world around us to make logical sense.

This is in the same world as that thought process, and the alleged rapist has tons of people who will not stop at anything to ruin the current lives of the victims.

Money, fame and lack of responsibility make people do a lot of things they would never do if they had to answer for it directly.

Sadly the world has become a place where hurting others is a money mistake rather than a mistake that leads learning.

Absolutely agree with you 

Have you seen the documentary? If not plz try and watch it 

Great documentary! Changes absolutely nothing in the way of how I feel about Michael Jackson both as an artist and as a person, just one of those things for me. I don't know that there will ever be a clear cut argument one way or the other but the things that he's done that are not disputable have changed music and the world around it for the better imo.

• Like 1

I hated Michael Jackson as a kid, he always wanted to play this "no hands trick" . Anyways I think he had some major psychological issues, and a heavy drug addiction thanks to the worlds biggest drug dealers (doctors). However; over time, I've come to realise how insane he was as an artist...not my favorite music, but there hasn't been someone as talented with hitting those notes, or putting together timeless tracks, in Pop before or since.

I'm more or less just tired of this #metoo movement, whether its true or not, I'm over it. Between corrupt politics, and Kevin Spacey blowing boys, I cant even listen to the news long enough to hear the weather updates.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuNSeT said:

I hated Michael Jackson as a kid, he always wanted to play this "no hands trick" . Anyways I think he had some major psychological issues, and a heavy drug addiction thanks to the worlds biggest drug dealers (doctors). However; over time, I've come to realise how insane he was as an artist...not my favorite music, but there hasn't been someone as talented with hitting those notes, or putting together timeless tracks, in Pop before or since.

I'm more or less just tired of this #metoo movement, whether its true or not, I'm over it. Between corrupt politics, and Kevin Spacey blowing boys, I cant even listen to the news long enough to hear the weather updates.

The answer to society being awful is not to ignore it and pretend it isn't happening. It is still happening to people and those people are not getting any help from society because people like yourself are just over it.

2 minutes ago, KiloPico(OD) said:

The answer to society being awful is not to ignore it and pretend it isn't happening. It is still happening to people and those people are not getting any help from society because people like yourself are just over it.

got me.

I could really get into this but I'm not gonna. Long story short, the world is a fucked up place, and if this is where our society decides to invest boatloads of money/time into, through our judicial systems, news, films, etc...then I say we've already lost the big picture.

• Like 1

Most you may or may not know, my background is in criminal defense.  Therefore, being an American, and knowing how the justice system works, I tend to have a different view than most.  Once a person is found not guilty by a jury of their peers, the same charge(s) cannot be brought against them in a criminal court or double jeopardy attaches.  Just as OJ Simpson was acquitted, Michael Jackson was acquitted, so in the eyes of the law, and the American system, he was judged already.  Plus, as he is dead, there is no way for him to now confront his accusers.  No matter the documentary, it is all supposition and theory and "he said, she said" type of a situation.

However, that being said, if in fact, abuse did occur I emphathize with the victims and hope that they are receiving the therapy they need to help them live their lives without being traumatized.

Public figures are treated by the public and media differently than us regular folks.  False accusations are made all the time by people looking for the big pay check in civil court.  I don't know if that is the situation here and I'm not saying it is.  

Nothing will change his heirs or the people with rights to his music from making money off of what he did.  To now stop playing or listening to his music is a matter of personal choice.  Do I respect the man I knew as Michael Jackson, no.  I've always thought he was probably abused himself as a child.  Will I stop listening to his music, no.  But that's the great thing about freedom of choice.

There is no easy answer.

• Like 1

Our justice system is the same Cindy if found not guilty you’re not guilty simple as

i believe though if them kids back then had opened up then it would been a different story going by what was said in the documentary I hope they get some sort of closure on this now and help that’s needed 

The not guilt verdict can be vacated if witness tampering was found to have occurred.

That is exactly what this film shows happened. However, I do consider that the witness, now the accuser, was tampered with by his own parents in an attempt to keep on the good side of the windfall of money.

I do not have solid proof of this but I have seen first hand what a family will do to keep someone quiet and this entire story brings those memories to the forefront.

• Like 1

The innocent public is so easily manipulated by the media. It’s fkin laughable. 

“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X

If we're all freaking out about Michael Jackson being a pedophile in a documentary... I have some bad news to tell you about the Catholic Church, but I won't go too far ahead of myself because, either ill sound like a fool or because I haven't watched the film.

Now, I never watched the film, but I HIGHLY HIGHLY believe that the media will slander people's names over the stupidest shit.

And 2nd part. I'm not calling you people being manipulated I'm just saying that because I see a lot of people freaking out over it and I ask them to see real proof and they say nothing because they just don't know and is being... well, manipulated.

• Like 1

If you take a look at previous alegations and news shenanigans, I wouldn't doubt that it's true.

However, the dudes dead.
They couldn't have brought this up when it was relevant? 

• Like 1

This kinda goes along with something i often say.......When someone tells me how ugly they think an artist is...i always respond with "it doesnt matter when you make good music".

His music is forever untouchable

9 hours ago, Ganker(OD) said:

This kinda goes along with something i often say.......When someone tells me how ugly they think an artist is...i always respond with "it doesnt matter when you make good music".

His music is forever untouchable

I touched him I touched him all over